• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Top 10 Annoying things in UO...

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Top 10 Annoying things in UO. This isn’t mean to be negative or a jab at the Dev’s. It just some things, stupid little things, which stand out to me, and if ever corrected would make this great game all that much better. Some have been around for 15+ years…

1) Earthquake spell – I don’t want some other player causing my screen to move all over the damn place. Friggin’ stupid..stupid…stupid! Aggravating! Remove this god-awful animation for Pete’s sake!

2) “Your pet’s spirit requires cohesion blah blah” you must wait to get your pet resurrected. Like 10 minutes cool down. Realize when playing UO if your pet dies 6 times, and you can't find a Vet you've arguably just wasted an hour of life in the game.

3) Refinements – total cluster

4) Items not stacking – I’ll pay $15 per account for a Stackable publish. Tasty treat, Powder of Fort, runic hammer, the list goes on and on and on and on etc….

5) Legendary Repair Deeds failing – A fricken’ Grandmaster shouldn’t fail. Now a legendary??? Some legend….

6) NPC shops not repairing items via a context menu. How the bleep can I go to a blacksmith/tailor/carpentry/tinker shop, and not be able to get my gear repaired? Instead I have to search for a repair deed, which are often not to be found anywhere, then when I finally do find one, it fails.:wall:

7) Getting a level 6 Focus – “One more for WBB” - I imagine some other shards it’s virtually impossible.

8) Cannot stable my pet – “I’m sorry but you lack the funds”. Yet I have 20 million gold in checks sitting in the bank. Really!? I have to run back to the bank, and double click a check, and then back to the stables again? My credit is no good eh’!?

9) Davies locker – no filter like BODs! So disappointing…

Who wants to fill out #10 or share their own list? I’m curious to hear others peeves which addressed could make the game better. I know I missed a few…

C’mon guys I know you have a list too.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The EQ animation in the EC is way, way, way, way, way (x10) toned down from what it used to be.

10) That gloves display over a shirt in the EC. That the gargoyle plain robe looks like a plastic sack on the paper doll (it was obviously meant to be temporary art...from nearly a decade ago)

9) Newly introduced things that don't stack (seriously? The devs know they're going to get screamed at, but they do it anyway...)

8) Simple graphical glitches in the EC that should have been fixed ages ago (like the opposite necklace graphic on the paper doll..."pearl" necklace shows up as pendant and vice versa. This would take minutes to fix)

7) 90% of monster loot is still complete crap.

6) The EC Hiryu and Ki-Rin look ridiculous.

5) The near worthlessness of the EC's Circle of Transparency.

4) That the female avatar in the EC looks extremely masculine and flat-chested.

3) That the male paper doll stance in the EC looks like he just messed his britches and its oozing down the back of his legs.

2) The fact that most crafting skills are virtually worthless.

1) That we can't imbue artifacts with an imbuing weight less than 500.

Bonus!

11) That dragons bounce and flap constantly in the EC when they're stopped, covering the screen with their ginormous wings.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure if this would qualify as annoying, but for some of the house customization options....it feels like pieces are missing for no apparent reason. For example, you're trying to build a house using a certain type of wall, maybe one with a window in it, and you notice the wall only has the option to use a window if it faces south, unlike other types of walls where there is a window that can face south or east. There are also some small random pieces missing, when I was building my house I used the smallest "mini wall" possible to make it look like there was a railing fencing in the rooftop garden, but for some reason there was no corner piece to that type of wall....so I just locked down a hedge to cover the spot where the corner should have gone.

I have no idea if things like that were left out on purpose or a dev just forgot to add them, but it seems weird to create a design option that's missing pieces.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The EQ animation in the EC is way, way, way, way, way (x10) toned down from what it used to be.
EQ is worse than ever as far as I'm concerned. My entire screen shakes all over the place every time sometime cast it. It's usually just someone standing in Luna training magery. A simple "You feel the ground tremble and see the earth begin to move" message would suffice. It's bad...my #1 peeve.

9) Newly introduced things that don't stack (seriously? The devs know they're going to get screamed at, but they do it anyway...)
:wall:After 17 years it's getting way overboard.

Many of the Bosses need a reasonable chance to drop a nice artifact. There's too few bosses that drop nice legendary items. I have a hard time with the idea that a Boss with 50,000 hit points barely has a chance to drop a nice item.

This is a game breaker!:scholar:
We need a voluptuous booster pack (Parental discretions is advised :devil:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with these lists X100... talk about frustration!

10. "Your spirit Lacks Cohesion" Really because I haven't gated or recalled or anything else but sat at a boring freaking meeting for the last hour and half WTF do you mean I can't gate home now!!! Or I just spent the last 10 min taming 2 unicorns I haven't gated or recalled and now this!!!! Cripes sakes! My spirit must be a holey mess!

9. When you want to run home and swap characters real quick and damn it all if there isn't a freaking Mongbat standing there and your character whacked it automatic like on the way inside now you gotta wait 5 freaking min.... This kinda crap should have gone the way of the dodo and should NEVER apply in Trammel unless you were attacking ANOTHER PLAYER. Stupid old relic anyway.

8. Things that are still all over the land from 10 freaking years ago. Be it someones old Barkeep, a painting, stew, carpet, statues, lanterns, etc.... clean it up already!!!

7. Where did it go!!?!? I know I put something in my pack but it goes randomly into there not into the next available slot but it's somewhere that I have scroll and scroll to find. WHY?!? And in the CC why does the ring always wind up UNDER everything in the pack? Including my runebooks that haven't moved in 5 years.

6. What the frell is with crap sticking up through the floors?!?! can't we fix this??? I don't use a bunch of deco items because they stick up between the floors. And 5 years or more later why is it that the ruined tapestry we got for Halloween still places 10 miles above the floor so it's halfway up the wall on the second floor and sticking through the tiles onto the THIRD floor and it wouldn't be so #*(&$(* annoying if you could LOWER it or RAISE it with the frelling house tool but half the crap anymore can't be raised or lowered! WTH is up with that!

5. My bow string is on the outside of my arm on my paperdoll... Who in the heck would EVER carry their bow this way?!?! Along the same line why does my character NOT carry their staff more like a walking stick? Why is it just hanging off my arm am I really going to use it to poke someone with? No.... a staff should always be carried upright. And why is that when I shoot my bow I look like I'm throwing my arrows instead of firing them?!?!?

4. Why does the welcome mat stick halfway through my door? Am I trying to keep people out of my home? Looks fine in the 2d client why does it look like Poop in the EC?

3. Why are the following untamable, Dread Spiders, Black Widow Spiders, Cranes, Fairy Dragons, Frost Dragon, Grobu, Kepetch, Phoenix, Pyre, Dread Warhorses, Bane Dragons, etc.... Tamers need some love with pets that are better and might last longer... things that aren't HUGE like the greater dragon... which might be decent alternatives. Also... some pets need to either have their slots lessened or need to be given better mods. Like the Skree and Reptalon.

2. Why can't I sit on my couch and warm my hands and feet by the fire..... OH yeah that's right.... because I have to have my BACK to the fire because neither of these things face all 4 directions. Yes that's right people only ever decorate the North and west sides of their rooms the south and east sides are 100% barren... NOT. Many things ought to always be able to face all 4 directions... and why is it half the items don't sit squarely on the tiles?? I have to place the new tables on goza mats floating 2 or 3 clicks above the floor so my chairs fit right around the tables.

1. Things don't stack I have too much crap that won't stack... Power crystals, ant goo, acid pools, coil fangs, dreadhorn horns, gargoyle horns, the list goes on and on and on and on and on.... sooo much junk... not enough space.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Dot about the Male and Female paperdolls.... this has been a think for ages... At least she no longer looks like a complete troll... remember the old female paperdolls had the same I've just messed my pants pose as the males on top of looking exceedingly masculine. They still look fairly masculine and the faces that we get to chose from are HORRIBLE. Not to mention I still don't get why I can't have brown skin as an elf? Don't you think my skin would be the color of BARK. I'm a wood elf.... my skin ought to be brown.

And why several years later can't a gargoyle get colors for his horns or be able to change his horn style? Humans and elves can dye their hair.... can't I paint my horns? Never know I could mutate into another horn style! What about an option to make one look broken?

And I 100% agree with Dot about the gunny sack that passes as a robe for Gargoyles..... UGLY. Why can't I have a robe that looks half as good as the one on the character creation menu? Almost feel gypped when you log in and your robe looks like a burlap bag.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I agree with these lists X100... talk about frustration!
9. When you want to run home and swap characters real quick and damn it all if there isn't a freaking Mongbat standing there and your character whacked it automatic like on the way inside now you gotta wait 5 freaking min.... This kinda crap should have gone the way of the dodo and should NEVER apply in Trammel unless you were attacking ANOTHER PLAYER. Stupid old relic anyway.
Ahh yes this one kills me. I recall home to log out, change characters, and next thing I know I bump into a critter, and this means it's time to go browse UOstratics while I time/aggro out because I can't use vendor search either.:sad2:

3. Why are the following untamable, Dread Spiders, Black Widow Spiders, Cranes, Fairy Dragons, Frost Dragon, Grobu, Kepetch, Phoenix, Pyre, Dread Warhorses, Bane Dragons, etc.... Tamers need some love with pets that are better and might last longer... things that aren't HUGE like the greater dragon... which might be decent alternatives. Also... some pets need to either have their slots lessened or need to be given better mods. Like the Skree and Reptalon.
Yeah more tameable would be good. I don't even play a tamer these days, however it'd be nice to see players walking around with different familiars. Pyre is a nasty little bugger, it would be cool if he was tameable 5 Slot for sure. He's on par with a GD if not stronger. Swoop would be cool too. Perhaps a new skill to accompany taming: "Falconry" with a new graphic for swoop/pyre to be perched on a player's shoulder.

I'm surprised alot of the aesthetics are a big issue with people, like no boobs on the paperdoll. LOL! Can I say boobs? Or will that get me an infraction? I'm not sure what' PC and what isn't.:p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ahh yes this one kills me. I recall home to log out, change characters, and next thing I know I bump into a critter, and this means it's time to go browse UOstratics while I time/aggro out because I can't use vendor search either.:sad2:

Yeah more tameable would be good. I don't even play a tamer these days, however it'd be nice to see players walking around with different familiars. Pyre is a nasty little bugger, it would be cool if he was tameable 5 Slot for sure. He's on par with a GD if not stronger. Swoop would be cool too. Perhaps a new skill to accompany taming: "Falconry" with a new graphic for swoop/pyre to be perched on a player's shoulder.

I'm surprised alot of the aesthetics are a big issue with people, like no boobs on the paperdoll. LOL! Can I say boobs? Or will that get me an infraction? I'm not sure what' PC and what isn't.:p
Agreed..... though boobs, breasts whatever maybe they were afraid of offending girl gamers with the typical scantily clad chick complex but truth of the matter is most of us girls like to feel sexy when we play... We like to look good... I don't have to look like a cheap street hooker but it'd really be nice to look pretty and feminine and not so freaking manly. I'm a girl.... I wanna look like one. Even if I curse worse than a sailor!

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Top 10 Annoying things in UO.
8) Cannot stable my pet – “I’m sorry but you lack the funds”. Yet I have 20 million gold in checks sitting in the bank. Really!? I have to run back to the bank, and double click a check, and then back to the stables again? My credit is no good eh’!?
C’mon guys I know you have a list too.
addition: you need Gold in you bacpack if you buy smth fron NPS when Total is less then 2000 gp & you need go to bank to get this 155 gp or just fill the total with waste items to 2000 gp

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1. backpacks need revamp for classic client. its a mess with all the mage books, rune books, and the 50 other items. if no revamp, maybe a book to hold mage and rune books. something/anything
2. no more reds, the VvV royal pardons should of been one time use, cant get justice, blue VvV people raiding a non VvV blue group. the non VvV blues end up orange and with 4 or 5 murder counts. non VvV people screwed. pvp not fun, need large guild
3. multi accounts being use at events, pvp, scripting ect... wont even go into this
4. ehanced client/pincos ui so much better than classic. makes things unfair, wont go into
5. idocs, 10/15 freakin hours? why? lol. carpet, gozas ect don't decay when house drops
6. refinements, I think they are fine the way they are, except they need to stack.
7.too much candy, if u make something too easy, give too much, it become worthless. also things should be developed where it cant be scripted.
8. sections of economy get destroyed. example, new loot too good(if u know what to fight). so much better than crafted items.
9. my vet rewards becoming worthless because something else that is better, is brought into the game. robes/cloaks, statues ect... really bugs me lol
10. shift/control/ bars, the things u need to find don't come up, item in house, monsters bar especially the boss at event, your body ect..
your body should be on top or easy to find, same with the bosses body. bar of the boss is red like the summons hard to target or find/loot. wont go into shift/control for items in houses.

sorry have to add one, dam seed boxes - can only pull out one or all. if u have 1k seeds of one type, u have to remove 600 or more one at a time. wth . needs a slide bar to pull out desire amount.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. backpacks need revamp for classic client. its a mess with all the mage books, rune books, and the 50 other items. if no revamp, maybe a book to hold mage and rune books. something/anything
2. no more reds, the VvV royal pardons should of been one time use, cant get justice, blue VvV people raiding a non VvV blue group. the non VvV blues end up orange and with 4 or 5 murder counts. non VvV people screwed. pvp not fun, need large guild
3. multi accounts being use at events, pvp, scripting ect... wont even go into this
4. ehanced client/pincos ui so much better than classic. makes things unfair, wont go into
5. idocs, 10/15 freakin hours? why? lol. carpet, gozas ect don't decay when house drops
6. refinements, I think they are fine the way they are, except they need to stack.
7.too much candy, if u make something too easy, give too much, it become worthless. also things should be developed where it cant be scripted.
8. sections of economy get destroyed. example, new loot too good(if u know what to fight). so much better than crafted items.
9. my vet rewards becoming worthless because something else that is better, is brought into the game. robes/cloaks, statues ect... really bugs me lol
10. shift/control/ bars, the things u need to find don't come up, item in house, monsters bar especially the boss at event, your body ect..
your body should be on top or easy to find, same with the bosses body. bar of the boss is red like the summons hard to target or find/loot. wont go into shift/control for items in houses.
Some good points... Don't know about #2 though.... maybe could clarify that more.

As for #4.... if you don't like it switch. Easy as that. It's completely fair and it's completely your choice to use the lesser client.

Vet rewards needs something... I don't want to change them but I want to be able to turn in the 100's of ones I have now that aren't really "worthy" and chose ones that I surely am not using my 15+ year vet reward pick on a 1st year reward. But I have 100+ 1st year to 5th year items that I've accumulated over the years that I would like to turn in to get something in that range. Say 10:1 or whatever.

And as for number 3 I think EVERYONE(who isn't exploiting this) is pretty much fed up with that being done and even more fed up with the excuses about why they can't/won't do anything about it.

10 would be fairly well taken care of if you did what I said about #4.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
HEHE Love this thread.

Not sure if this would qualify as annoying, but for some of the house customization options....it feels like pieces are missing for no apparent reason. For example, your trying to build a house using a certain type of wall, maybe one with a window in it, and you notice the wall only has the option to use a window if it faces south, unlike other types of walls where there is a window that can face south or east. There are also some small random pieces missing, when I was building my house I used the smallest "mini wall" possible to make it look like there was a railing fencing in the rooftop garden, but for some reason there was no corner piece to that type of wall....so I just locked down a hedge to cover the spot where the corner should have gone lol.

I have no idea if things like that were left out on purpose or a dev just forgot to add them, but it seems weird to create a design option that's missing pieces.
There are two floor tile sets that have those nailed edges and there's a corner piece for everything except for one where you only need a corner nailed piece in the upper right hand corner. It bugs me everytime I run through my house, but I know no one else likely notices it.

Top 10 Annoying things in UO. This isn’t mean to be negative or a jab at the Dev’s. It just some things, stupid little things, which stand out to me, and if ever corrected would make this great game all that much better. Some have been around for 15+ years…

6) NPC shops not repairing items via a context menu. How the bleep can I go to a blacksmith/tailor/carpentry/tinker shop, and not be able to get my gear repaired? Instead I have to search for a repair deed, which are often not to be found anywhere, then when I finally do find one, it fails.:wall:
You could vendor search and tele for 1000 to buy the 10 gold repair deeds. LoL.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
10½. When some necromantic dimwit uses Animate Dead on each and every corpse, including the Boss,' at said events! :cursing:

1. Typing your password EVERY frigging time you just want to change character or server for that matter.

2. Wandering healers who won't ress you in towns! - Damn unions!

3. Resource randomization!

4. Antique

5. Brittle

6. Cursed

7. Durability on jewelry!

8. Prized

9. NOT having a house search tool!

10. Not being able to recall OUT from certain areas, e.g. Wrong.

Edit: 10b. Flapping gargoyles! :twak:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10) That gloves display over a shirt in the EC. That the gargoyle plain robe looks like a plastic sack on the paper doll (it was obviously meant to be temporary art...from nearly a decade ago)

8) Simple graphical glitches in the EC that should have been fixed ages ago (like the opposite necklace graphic on the paper doll..."pearl" necklace shows up as pendant and vice versa. This would take minutes to fix)

6) The EC Hiryu and Ki-Rin look ridiculous.

5) The near worthlessness of the EC's Circle of Transparency.

3) That the male paper doll stance in the EC looks like he just messed his britches and its oozing down the back of his legs.

2) The fact that most crafting skills are virtually worthless.

1) That we can't imbue artifacts with an imbuing weight less than 500.

Bonus!

11) That dragons bounce and flap constantly in the EC when they're stopped, covering the screen with their ginormous wings.
Limited Stable slots. I still don't get why we have so few. We only get TWO new slots per expansion. Why not 20? 200?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. - 10. are all the same for me. Client crashing at banks during trades and wondering if the trade happened until logged back in!

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. - 10. are all the same for me. Client crashing at banks during trades and wondering if the trade happened until logged back in!
Same for me, except I'm usually wondering if someone killed my red standing there in Luna bank, while I'm trying to log back in.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) The re-positioning to default location of the "Menu Bar" when you die.
I want the "Menu Bar" to remain where I put it, not pop back to top-left when I Die.

2) "Starter" Spellweaving Spells spawning as loot.
Battling numerous ML creatures until finally getting a SW scroll and having it be an "Arcane Circle" scroll. D'Oh!

3) Having every door and teleporter reset to security-everyone when customizing a house.
How did that cow get on the teleporter-access-only second floor of my house? - woops.

4) Area sounds or Weather getting stuck on at times - constant rain, snow, or sounds incessantly repeating.
Mrs Fogsbane is (not) particularly fond of looping jungle sounds. :)

5) Inability to get over 75 in Taste ID, without using SOTs.
Yes, I know it's a "useless" skill, but its still annoying to me.

6) Graphical "trails" of certain mobiles being left behind on screen.
Flying Gargoyles seem to always leave remnants of flight path on screen.
It sure presents a challenge to creating uniform large stitched together map screen-shots.

7) Stale Test Center.
An older focus of "give" items, a long time between wipes, the unavailability of certain items.
The inability to test transfer from Siege Perilous causes things like Spellweaving or certain resources much more difficult to replicate for testing.

8) Inconsistency of function of similar items (whether it be Access, Stacking, etc).
I can lock down and set security and allow friended access to an "Scrolls of Transcendence" book, but only a house owner can access a locked down "Power Scroll" or "Scrolls of Alacrity" book.

9) Inability in the EC to propagate a user-defined root set of macros and screen-real-estate-layout settings to any newly logged in character.
This is one of the hurdles that prevent me from a move towards regularly trying to use the EC.

10) Blessed items of any kind on Siege Perilous (other than ONE allowed personal bless).

now, how about some annoying things that I LIKE (most of the time) about UO

Having Night Sight unexpectedly turn on (via facet Change bug?) when your in a dungeon.
the annoying part is mostly not knowing if or when this will happen.

Having creatures 'lock-on' to you when, under certain circumstances, you leave an area and return.
Sure it can be annoying, but I think I actually like that they stick to you like a leech.

Planning to attend an event and not having it go as expected.
I can usually, in retrospect, find something illuminating when things do not go as planned.

The RNG
I've never found a paragon chest (other than on Miasama).
I have, whilst actively pursuing them, fished up two mud puppy in a row.

PKs and Thieves
Annoying! but I wouldn't want it to be any other way.
Sometimes its nice to have someone to "love to hate", sometimes you barely escape, occasionally you get one over on them.
Everyone should consider leaving the safety of Trammel to be annoyed once in a while.

The Population.
Some folks can be really aggravating. I Love (almost) all of you folks though.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
That's a big one! My pet peeve is still those little chunks of blackrock when mining. Can't see them in you pack hardly, don't stack, and if you throw them on the ground they stay there after reset and forever till someone picks them up. 10 clean up points doesn't cover the annoyance. *shakes fist at blackrock*

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
1) The re-positioning to default location of the "Menu Bar" when you die.
I want the "Menu Bar" to remain where I put it, not pop back to top-left when I Die.

3) Having every door and teleporter reset to security-everyone when customizing a house.
How did that cow get on the teleporter-access-only second floor of my house? - woops.

4) Area sounds or Weather getting stuck on at times - constant rain, snow, or sounds incessantly repeating.
Mrs Fogsbane is (not) particularly fond of looping jungle sounds. :)
These

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with most of the things people have listed above. Here are a few more:

- Ship tracking just stops working a lot of times and there seems to be no consistent way to jump start it back into working again (e.g., logging out, switching characters, rebooting computer, etc.).

- The lack of built-in facet maps in the classic client. I don't use any other programs (even UO Assist) while I'm playing and have gotten fairly good at finding my way around by memory and looking at landmarks while running around or sextant coordinates while fishing. But I'd really love to be able to see my location on a map showing a larger area of the facet, especially while out fishing. I'd even settle for showing some kind of marker to indicate my character's location on a "map of the world" in the character's backpack if nothing can be done with the current classic client map.

- Backpack closes when you cross most (but not all) of the server lines while on a ship.

- The inability to have what you donate to one Britain library NPC count with any of the other NPCs, especially for the items all of the library NPCs offer.

- The inability for points accrued for cleanup or for community collections to be pooled across and accessible by all of the characters on one shard that are on the same account.

- The classic client (and I believe the enhanced client now too) doesn't let you bump an individual character from one house security setting to another via the house sign menu. You used to be able to do this with the enhanced client but I think the ability to do so was discontinued at some point.

- VvV took away too many safe towns on Siege for people who play there primarily to craft and do PvM to support their crafting and don't actively seek out PvP opportunities.

- Messages about active VvV towns are no longer broadcast to non-VvV guildmates.

- It's impossible to pull out a specific number of seeds of one type from a seed box. You can only pull out 1 or all of a particular type of seed.

- Raised garden beds don't convert themselves into a filled container (like most every other deedable container used for decorating) when you want to customize your house.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tina Small that's an awesome list and I'd like to add a few points to that!

I sure wish those spring clean points worked for ALL characters on my account...

I hate that I can only have 10 co-owners. I have more than 10 accounts and they can't all be co-owned to all my homes so I have to guess all the time who is co-owned where.

The seeds in the seedbox is EXTREMELY annoying.

I also hate that it's raining 99.9% of the time in Yew near the gate. This place ought to be underwater by now.

And as @Piotr said it's extremely annoying to have the corpse changed at an EM event by necromancers who I think do it on purpose so you can't get the corpse to show up in all names. No amount of ctrl+shift will bring it up for you once some jerk does that! This is something that IMO is an exploit and needs fixed. In many cases this keeps people from being able to find the corpse in a huge mob until LONG after it's gone public... this keeps players from actually being able to even know if they even got looting rights because they can't even find the corpse at all. Just because one of these clowns thought it was cute to animate the corpse does not mean that it's NAME and function should change!

And finally as @Gamer_Goblin said it's seriously annoying that there are those inside corners and such missing from not only the wood sets but carpets and many other tiles. Somewhat like I love the cornerpiece of the Shadow Collection set but it's not usable at all because there are no single wall tiles with that same corner on the ends of the single wall so you can only put that cool corner piece on ONE corner of your building which IMO looks completely WRONG. As someone that has to have symmetry in my buildings it's extremely annoying to use something like that. The Gothic set has that problem as well to an extent. Really awesome corner.... totally unusable. :mad::cursing::mad2:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10 = misplacing an item, crafting/buying a replacement, then finding the original shortly thereafter.
9 = the gump for VvV popping up in the center of your screen when a town is active.
8 = Enchanted Apples failing to remove any & all debuffs when there's a cooldown associated with them.
7 & 6 = Poison Immunity (free cure, it's just stupid)
5, 4, 3, & 2 = Casting Focus (never should have been part of UO)
1 = The RNG. (applies to most things in UO sadly enough.)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
9) Inability in the EC to propagate a user-defined root set of macros and screen-real-estate-layout settings to any newly logged in character.
This is one of the hurdles that prevent me from a move towards regularly trying to use the EC.
This one is fairly annoying. It wouldn't be tough to create a function that saves the default user preferences to a file and then apply such file to whatever new player you create.
To get around this, I keep a "template" file at document\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data that I copied from the login folder.
Then after I create a new character, I simply close the EC, go to that path, copy the file, enter the login folder within that folder, paste it, delete the file from the newly created character and rename it with the name of said newly created character.
Would be nice to not have to do all this.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
10. Death robes.
.9 Bugged status bars
8 evil omen death strike
7 mountable dismount special
6 having to log in twice when switching characters in c.c.
5. Not being able to put checks on vendors to fund them
4. The underwater peerless being extremely difficult
3. Lag
2. Limited bank storage
1. Axing factions

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This one is fairly annoying. It wouldn't be tough to create a function that saves the default user preferences to a file and then apply such file to whatever new player you create.
To get around this, I keep a "template" file at document\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data that I copied from the login folder.
Then after I create a new character, I simply close the EC, go to that path, copy the file, enter the login folder within that folder, paste it, delete the file from the newly created character and rename it with the name of said newly created character.
Would be nice to not have to do all this.
This is what I do. I have a "base" melee and a "base" mage template that I keep on my desktop to drop and roll whenever needed.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragging bars and keeping them.

That random impassable twig.

Gargoyles constantly flapping.

Spamming gen chat with items for sale every 5 seconds at 2:30 in the morning.

Crashing upon incorrectly entering my password or switching accounts.

When my bag falls under my house.

Drama.

The 2004 holiday candle with the bow, disturbing portraits and wind chimes.

Borg cube houses.

Archers.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Disparaging Bandages from backpack in Abyss. Reloading interface to get them show again, but with reloading icons of EOO etc. dissapear. Hate when i need to reload interface like 5 times during one Slasher / Stygian Dragon fight
2. Collecting petals
3. Your pet’s spirit requires cohesion to avoid this when warrior die in battle he mostly insta log out to save pet. I hate this trick

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1. Magical fish pies

You first need to sacrifice blood for the RNG gods so you actually get the bloody needed fish.
Then you need to sail to the sea market to buy special ingredients that are 1. sold only in 20. 2. Don't stack.
After that you still have a large chance of burning said non stackable ingredients when making the pies.
Finally, after you're done with them, you can only consume them if the character is hungry and the effect lasts measly 5 minutes.

5 minutes is fine for orange and purple petals, as they involve very little effort to get, but for the pies, I'd expect the effects lasting at least 30 to 60 minutes to make it worth for all the trouble you go through for them.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Durability property should have made my list - A wasted mod which takes up an imbuing slot.:wall:

So many good weapons I've passed over because it came with the useless durability property.

This stupid property should be remove from the game entirelyy.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for #4.... if you don't like it switch. Easy as that. It's completely fair and it's completely your choice to use the lesser client.

Lesser Client???? Exactly..... The CC shouldn't be the LESSER CLIENT!!!!

Why the hell should I play a client I don't like!!!!!!!!

And I so agree to number 2!
One wants to raid and kill blues? Fine! But the one should deal with getting counts and being red! Therefore.... VvV royal pardons are sh....... !!!!!!
And being attacked at a spawn by someone in VvV makes a blue orange therefor the one can't count the attackers anymore.... sh...!!!!!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read all the lists, and I didn't even make any of the lists for being one of the top annoying things in UO. :sad2:

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay here goes my list:

10: static crap littering the land! seriously a barkeeper stand in the Moonglow woods for 13 yrs!?!? CLEAN it up! If Mesanna would grant me the power I'd do it for free.

9: Legends HALF ASSED decorated West Britain Bank. I visit other shards and by comparision ours looks like a steaming cow pie! I know from Lady Devilsown herself that it is incomplete. Again I'd love to fix it!

8: !@#$%^&*()? Refinements that don't stack as well as the rest of the crap that don't stack that should.

7: !@#$%& Greater Dragons at events!!!! As a meeler why bother!?!?! I can't even SEE the damn monster never mind hitting it! grrr

6: Gargoyles @#$%^& Flapping and hovering!! I swear to God I am sorely tempted to hack in and rename Luna to Bagdad and declare it a NO FLY ZONE! Seriously its a freakin gargoyle not a freakin Helicopter!

5: Eyesore borg cubes from Tartarus!!! You know the ones where they use one of EVERY wall tile on the same house!! Oh My aching eyeballs.

4: The birds nest with eggs that you got from the second clean up Britannia, WHY does it look like a cowpie?

3: Frenzied Ostards and Raptors having pack instinct and taking 2 controls slots. Why not let them thake only 1 control slot then you could actually build a fighting pack!

2: Fur boots, cape, sarong and flower garland have no animation in either client so you look like you are wearing a regular cape/cloak, boots, headband and a skirt. These were made for the Third Dawn 3d client, Please, please, please fix this these are so neat! I'd love to have my Hippie Dippie Elve wear a flower garland.

1: CHEATERS-----NUF SAID!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Here is my list, but it is way longer.

1. Members getting VvV tag in guild list, when joined of an Emissary who are VvV. The member are not VvV but show as VvV in guild list.

2. Stupid VvV arrow telling you where to find healer after you res. it's in in CC, only way I know to get rid of it, is to log out and in again.

3. Impossible to teleport to some places from Ter Mur.

4. Getting kicked of my ship. When in Lost Land on Siege, where I can't gate to my ship, it's really a pain.

5. Places on Siege without red healers, Malas is one of them.

6. Not being able to filter the CC chat, so I don't have to see all the crafting messages.

7. Having so few female armor pieces, special in metal, wood and scales.

8. My lovely new chairs and sofas only have 2 facing.

9. Having to draw everything, when looting in CC, I would like to click on the item to get a contest menu, with an option to loot it, loot to loot bag, and mark a bag as loot bag.

10. not being able draw an icon of a weapon or a stack to the black part of your screen in CC, so you can click on it, when you need it, just like you can with your spellbooks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree with most all of everybody's points but my biggest pet peeve at the moment is and will continue to be random resource spawns. We tried it, it didn't work, let's put it back to the way it used to be.
I believe it works well, I hated to see miners gate in (Siege) and steal my best ores or trees, now I can keep my ore and trees in peace. I don't mind searching a little to find them and to me, other colors are useful too.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ghosts that can walk through doors but not walls, trees, rocks, bushes, sticks....o.0

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it works well, I hated to see miners gate in (Siege) and steal my best ores or trees, now I can keep my ore and trees in peace. I don't mind searching a little to find them and to me, other colors are useful too.
Unfortunately the BOD system was developed back when mining spots were static and ore of all colors were plentiful. However now it takes hours upon hours to gather enough ore to fill a specific BOD of colored ore (longer if it is one of the more scarce ores). The time investment vs. the reward was never adjusted when the changed the resource spawn. I now have houses full of BODs waiting to be completed and never will because it would take me years of non-stop mining just to get the ore.

The few ingots I do have are used for the occasional enhancement, I haven't really been out mining or LJ'ing since my return in 2011, I don't even know why I keep the skills on my Crafters. But the script miners still seem to be doing well.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call me old fashioned but I'd like to actually use my mining skill. I don't think that combat should be necessary to gather the most basic crafting resources.

That and I'm not much of a sailor. Piracy shouldn't be required for crafting.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2.Animals/Spawn that get stuck in unreachable places. (like under ground) (I started a list to send to the dev's but didn't because....
1. upload_2015-8-24_19-34-15.png you can still clearly see my butt and legs through my cloak of silence!!! or any cloak that has it's graphic when sitting and I sent pictures and it has not been fixed.
3. Advertising books for webpages designed to make real life money, but can't get a fan page listed on UO unless is doesn't have advertising.
4. Blackthorn's face.
5. That the boat doesn't go to the lighthouse itself and let IT be the container instead of the house's crate so all my boatowners on diff accounts could use it.
6. Invisible impassable squares that are in both clients. or one. or the other. (I don't mind the random vendors and items, just make them move if I want to place a home like an unlocked item does(should).
7. Locked containers in Luna. Why'd ya lock um! it was fun to drop things in there so people could rummage. :) Now just one is always unlocked.
8.That I can't kill the night terror by myself to complete the quest I have been on since it started and oh!!!!
9. That I can't turn in but one Orders from Minax!!!! I am sure she'd like to have all her orders followed too... :(
10. That I can't play a mage really well. :) and humping dragons. I can't stand humping dragons.

Last edited: