• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Too many owners and too upset" question

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If a pet that you are trying to tame says it has had too many owners and is too upset, do you have ANY chance of taming it EVER? Even a small one or is it off the table?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, yes its off the table.. I normally see this when a human owns a cu and it goes wild.. as the game is coded to allow the last master to have a 100% chance to retam the pet.. but in this case another (elf)tamer has to retam it for you as you are not an elf.. when this happens you have 2 choices.. one is go do the human to elf quest .. then you can retam the pet as long as no one kills yours cu then it will last for about 30 hours before the server deletes it.. (unless its in a peerless bosses room then it wil be deleted much much sooner) The 2nd choice is the way of old yellar =* [ just a fast recap if you are human and your cu goes wild you can become an elf and retam it if this message pops up when a friends trys to get it back for ya.. hope this helps.. and good luck mate. =^-^=
P.s. there is a 3rd option if your EM is on and willing they can retam it for you and give your pet back too.. but they are not required to do this.. and are often very very busy.. but ya never know the timing might line up right ^_~

Last edited:

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had this problem the other day!

I failed to switch my taming gear on at the correct time while training Resists in Haven and spamming Follow messages and I lost my White Cu I worked so hard to obtain. I was human at the time. I had just finished training the White Cu to 100 Wrestling and was sitting at 30 Parry 60 Resists and also at just under the mark for 5 slots waiting to scroll him up.

ELITE and a few other very helpful people who hang in Haven tried to retame my pet for me but they all failed abysmally. ELITE eventually suggested that I revert back to Elf with a character token and even gave me some gold to purchase one. A very cool cat right there. I thanked him and got the token.

Got my White Cu back that was wondering the undead in Haven and had to put him away into stables to rebond him later this week. I was on the edge of my seat because this pet was near fully trained lol. It had 700HP and no one could seem to kill it or get its HP down low enough. If they did, it regen'ed quickly. I was glad to know I had a strong pet haha.

Ugh, anyway, talk about a huge fiasco and ordeal. But I recovered in the end. Lesson learned. I also intend on getting tame/lore to 120 w/real skills. Love the community these days! Thanks again peeps.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I had this problem the other day!

I failed to switch my taming gear on at the correct time while training Resists in Haven and spamming Follow messages and I lost my White Cu I worked so hard to obtain. I was human at the time. I had just finished training the White Cu to 100 Wrestling and was sitting at 30 Parry 60 Resists and also at just under the mark for 5 slots waiting to scroll him up.

ELITE and a few other very helpful people who hang in Haven tried to retame my pet for me but they all failed abysmally. ELITE eventually suggested that I revert back to Elf with a character token and even gave me some gold to purchase one. A very cool cat right there. I thanked him and got the token.

Got my White Cu back that was wondering the undead in Haven and had to put him away into stables to rebond him later this week. I was on the edge of my seat because this pet was near fully trained lol. It had 700HP and no one could seem to kill it or get its HP down low enough. If they did, it regen'ed quickly. I was glad to know I had a strong pet haha.

Ugh, anyway, talk about a huge fiasco and ordeal. But I recovered in the end. Lesson learned. I also intend on getting tame/lore to 120 w/real skills. Love the community these days! Thanks again peeps.
Thats is awesome that you got it back..What shard were you on? And what was the Taming/Lore at with the gear that you were using at the time? Useful info for everyone with Cusidhes..