• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tonight's Story Night location

G

This being the second Tuesday of the month, Story Night is on the road and this time is coming to you from The Cat's Lair tavern in Britain, immediately to the south of the west bank.

Tavern keepers Ward and Slade have assured us of a warm welcome, provided everyone keeps to the five drink minimum rule.

G

That's right. The disadvantages have been considered, but it is not as though we are overwhelmed with murderers and reds at the event, and we want to move the location around as much of the shard as possible.

A

absimiliard

*A savage covered in war-paint rides and eyes the whole area of Britain suspiciously*

No like city. Still, come I tonight. Have story tell.

Bring savages.

Even offer truce orc while stories told.

*Lindi rides off on an old ridgeback*

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Tuesday of the month, Story Night is on the road and this time is coming to you from The Cat's Lair tavern in Britain, immediately to the south of the west bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're serious aren't you? Wow.

(Btw.. there's a perfectly good tavern in Buc's Den w/o a guard zone.. as well as Hanse's Hostel in Malas)

G

Daan, Spydie ??

Is that a problem ?????

I would think that the red folk, that attend story nights would have enough confidence to know that there are blues whom attend story night, would not call guards on red folk attending story night in taverns in any town's gz.

The concept of story night on the road, is to permit Shire Story night to reach out to people all over on Siege and off Siege.

Seems some reds are more scared of dying ..than some bluebies. The blue ones go OUT of guardzone a plenty oft yet the red ones don't seem to know there are blues they can trust IN towns ...just like some blue folk know which red folk they too can trust OUT of a guard zone. Some folks do NOT function on chr. hue COLORS ya know ! <font color="red"> scaredie reds </font>

*meanwhile.............anyone composing a story with tales of guards in it...snickers**

Gah yall it is Siege..yall should be prepared to DIE, 24/7 be ya red IN town or a blue OUT of town !!!

G

Just make the event in Trammel if you guys are so worried about being PKed.

Despicable location,.,.

D

Dawn/Kaisa

Agreed Miranda, besides it;s not like anyone HAS to come. If someone is scared of getting guardwhacked or whatever they can just stay home. It;s not like Storynight happens everyweek in the guardzone! Then maybe I could understand the concern some seem to have here. But it is only one week, and like Mir says you should be prepared to die 24/7 in siege anyway. Besides itls not like the moment a red shows up they will be driven out or anything. But if anyone decides to attack may they be guardwhacked? aye maybe..but more then likely by a npc calling guards and it would be THEIR choice to attack. Anyway this is just one storynight you all are free to come or not come.

G

I hadn't thought of Buc's Den. Sounds like it could be fun. I'll pencil it in for either the September or October trip.

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

Seems some reds are more scared of dying ..than some bluebies.
Gah yall it is Siege..yall should be prepared to DIE, 24/7 be ya red IN town or a blue OUT of town !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Rides in and eyes the above words mockingly*

*laughs loudly*

No care die. Die often I. Ask any I fight.

Think Britain smell. Sewer smell everywhere. Smell like city. No like I.

Still, come I.

*rides off*

G

har

Wait till story night goes to Pax Lair Chesapeake felucca and Deus or Champs comes along 200 + strong in a true Zerg of reds all, far from a gz to attack 1 blue vet chr. named Mayor Winfield and any of the rest of us for um entertainment.

GAH do we have some chicken sh** nontrusting REDS on Siege or what ?

Fel ruleset anywhere.. where even despicable insolent blues *or reds* can DIE "IN" any town or gz, or OUT...just ask cheapsuit. HAHA

I

imported_Daan Mor

Can't guardwhack a red in town just for being red, I was more worried about noto types, seen as a bunch of blues can attack a red in town without anyone being able to help without getting themselves insta whacked.
Would leave us out to dry as it were. But anyway, makes no odds, I can't be staying up till all hours at any rate, so most likely won't be there, red or blue.

B

Bellzibob

<blockquote><hr>

chicken sh**

[/ QUOTE ]

OT - Speaking of chicken poop, did Shal hit you with message for some seeds for me? I bought up all your poison and need to get some seeds from you. Unless I got the wrong person hehehe...

My ICQ is 297-195-493 - i have a busy day today (getting married) but wanted to hit you up, I need to get some plants going and Shal told me to hit you up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i have a busy day today (getting married)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats !!!!

G

I used to have tons of orange seeds for growing the orange plants for orange cure petals, that I used to put on me vendors, but when I had to cut accts. down, tons of seeds and seeds in plants hit the trash barrel. There was no way to keep that many items on so few less accts. left. So they are gone, all of them orange seeds, green thorn seeds and tons of natural hued plant seeds I had hoped to keep as well .

Nuriko used to grow tons of plants maybe shal meant her.

Lady Pyrite sells plants over by Yew between gate and Abby maybe she has some orange seeds for ye.

B

Bellzibob

<blockquote><hr>

Lady Pyrite sells plants over by Yew between gate and Abby maybe she has some orange seeds for ye.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I have been looking for seeds since I arrived on Siege, no luck yet.

I just need the red plant seeds for books, and orange petal plant seeds. I have green snake plant. Thanks again though, I will get some eventually heheh

G

Well hopefully that type, normally have not attended story night at all, in the shire will not attend it when story night is out of shire and in towns either.

Anyhow, I would be right there getting guard whacked too, trying to help out those of red hue I care 'bout should or if they become wrongfully gwhacked in towns.

And yes you need your sleep too Daan, or ya gonna end up possibly as ill as someone else we know and care about, that was playing UO 24/7 when he shoulda been sleeping regular amts. of hours of sleep every night.

G

Ginsu-SP

It's definitely a twist.

I think everybody comes to Story Night to relax, let their guard down, and
listen to stories... even the "reds" that occasionally show up.

"Reds" can't really "relax" in a GZ. I suppose they could bank their gear.

It's not that anyone doesn't trust the normal crowd of "blues" that come to
Story Night... but rather, by putting it in a public house in a GZ... you can't really
stop someone from walking in and attacking one of our "red" friends... and if the
attacker is "blue" there's really nothing any of us (save the very crazy) can do
to defend.

Still... I hope everyone will come and have a good time. Variety is the spice of life.
And not hearing the traditional "Just ignore them!" will be a change indeed.

Cheers!

I

imported_SavageSP

Hehe, there is a 99.9% chance VMP will Raid at some point. I will be there tonight to Support my Fellow Savage's and will be completly Surprised if the Event isnt Raided, that too me would be an Oddity.
Every Event I have Attended except maybe a few Tournaments has had a Raid or Attempted Raid no Matter how pitifull or successfull the Raid was.
If they enter the Building, they didnt come to talk, they come to cause as much Mayhem as possible and will eventually attack no matter if Guards called or not.
VMP will show imo like they did with the Iantown event in Skara with little care of Guards, they will be prepared for it, so should we.
*stocks bank with multiple GM armor sets Bandies,pots, and Bolas*
--Dress Code: Casual Combat--

G

Well still IN town or OUT of town, sooner or later DEATH comes a calling for us all.

We do not always have control over every situation, nor do we always have control over our fates, be it in or out of towns, adding to the spice of life or death here. Isn't that why we play Siege ?

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't that why we play Siege ?

[/ QUOTE ]

*Rides by and glances approvingly at her words*

Very true. Strange hear wisdom from city man.

*Lindi rides off on a rank ridgeback named Beast*

M

Mandolin

I think the point you're missing is that outside the guardzone nobody has an "advantage of game mechanics". Inside the guardzone the blues have a huge advantage. So at Story Night in the shire, if a Red or Blue acts up... they can be attacked freely. Inside the guardzone.. the reds blue friends get to sit around and watch them die for fear of guardwhacking.

Guess I'm confused why this logic is so alien to everyone.. sounds like you and Hoffs need a fieldtrip to Luna to get to know the folks you'll be hosting this evening.

D

Dawn/Kaisa

*laughes* I see what you and Daan are trying to Say Spyderbyte but if the luna type folks donlt come to storynight normally usually most of them wonlt come tonight. Besides if it ends up being a big fiasco where reds are getting ganked I am sure Hoff;s just wonlt have another storynight in the GZ. Besides I have seen and heard about reds attacking in GZ killing a blue with no guardwhack I have helped red friends/allies before in a GZ with no guardwhack. Does most of the time it mean a guardwhack? yes but not all.

G

Ginsu-SP

I think the difference in a story night, and other events is that people come to
read the stories... and when you're doing that, you are not paying as much
attention to what's going on around you.

I guess it just depends on what you're trying to accomplish... enjoy some stories,
or get a big brawl going. In the past, at Story Night, the emphasis has been on
enjoying the stories. But... don't get me wrong, I'll find some way to have fun
no matter what happens.

Miranda, I hope all this bravado on your part means that KSS will be well represented.

Cheers!

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Besides if it ends up being a big fiasco where reds are getting ganked I am sure Hoff;s just wonlt have another storynight in the GZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah.. I know.. and I'm sure Daan feels the same way or any other red that frequents Story Night regularly.. it isn't a concern about dying as Miranda seems to believe. It just seems so.. hrmmm.. Un-Siege-like... *shrugs* We teach our newcomers that people don't hang out in the cities but rather in Player Run Towns because Siege is about risk. And, here one of Siege's most consistent events is being held in Guard Zone.

Like I said earlier.. if holding it in a City were the goal, there were much more appropriate locations such as Buc's Den or any number of other NPC establishments outside guard zones. Sounds to me like the Guard Zone is the only reason for tonite's choice of venue.

Meh.. like you said.. its just one week. I got RoT to do anyways. Look forward to reading the stories on the forum tomorrow.

D

Dawn/Kaisa

Well I can;t speak for anyother KSS Ginsu but I should be there so at least one KSS will be there!!!

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

at least one KSS will be there

[/ QUOTE ]
And that's about 20% of the active membership, so we doing well

D

Dawn/Kaisa

Yep see so KSS will be well represented!!! *grins* *besides I bet more then just me will show up Mir often shows up to storynight when she can as well*

I

imported_Trep

well....at least if i run out of stuff to do tonight i can get drunk and suicide kill some people

G

Aye I am oft at Shire Story nights (when I can be), but I am not always on, as Miranda of KSS. I am oft playing one of my non guilded alts also.

G

Ginsu-SP

That was a fun time. Compliments to all the "reds" who participated.. including
WyRm and Krystal.

Cheers!

K

kyrie_m

<blockquote><hr>

Well still IN town or OUT of town, sooner or later DEATH comes a calling for us all.

We do not always have control over every situation, nor do we always have control over our fates, be it in or out of towns, adding to the spice of life or death here. Isn't that why we play Siege ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's my house! =P

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Like I said earlier.. if holding it in a City were the goal, there were much more appropriate locations such as Buc's Den or any number of other NPC establishments outside guard zones. Sounds to me like the Guard Zone is the only reason for tonite's choice of venue.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can this location be "unsiege like"? Guardzones are very much a part of Siege. I don't see any indication that this particular location was chosen BECAUSE it was located in a GZ. Perhaps they just wanted to help bring some fun to Britain.. which just happens to be in a GZ?

In any case, it's their event. I think it's rather pompas to question where other's choose to hold an event.

G

Thanks to everyone who attended. It was something a bit different and an interesting experience.

Special thanks to all those who stood guard outside to try and keep the [Bela Lugosi voice] 'Children of the Night' [/Bela Lugosi voice] from the door.

I

imported_Krystal

was alot of fun, but would be more fun in buccs;)
with all people u all had did yas really need guard zone?!
we give yas more stories to tell hehe

S

Slifer

Keeping the Children of the night away? I was actually going to attend that story night, except wait... its guardzone. Thats just lame. So I didnt come. And as many of you know...(those who attended the night I told my story) I can tell a great story.

G

Ginsu-SP

I don't know that it was any more lame than holding it in a playertown tavern
where attackers can be banned from....

I'm sure WyRm and Krystal will agree that they got more fights, and had more fun
than they usually have at a story night where they are ignored, and just left
outside.

Nobody planned to have it in town because of the GZ. If anything it was more
to bring back a little life to Brit.... and I'd say we did that.

Never fear! We'll be back out of the GZ, and in a tavern watching raiders circle
round and round next week.

Cheers!

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure WyRm and Krystal will agree that they got more fights, and had more fun
than they usually have at a story night where they are ignored, and just left
outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Rides in a see the above words hanging in the forum space*

Very good was Wyrm assassin. Sneak into tavern, strike and kill there, then flee out door to escape. Much admire brave heart.

*rides off*

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

In any case, it's their event. I think it's rather pompas to question where other's choose to hold an event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pompas to question the location? If we as a society didn't question people's decisions we'd be living in a very, very messed up world.

I just didn't/don't get it. Folks on the production/felucca facets are killing themselves trying to get people to come over for their events out in the middle of no where like the Umbra arena, etc. And, on Siege we're herding them in to a guardzone. It was my opinion.. and a shared concern of several people. Pompas would have been to assume that everyone shared my opinion. I did no such thing. I suggested that others might share my concerns about the location.

Anyways, I'm really glad that nobody abused the guard system last night. I was listening to the "play by play" in Vent and it sounded like a good time. I'm looking forward to reading the stories told last night.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Rides in a see the above words hanging in the forum space*

Very good was Wyrm assassin. Sneak into tavern, strike and kill there, then flee out door to escape. Much admire brave heart.

*rides off*

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to deliver that "message" to that non-believer inside the tavern
)
There were 8549432 pets outside and two insolents guarding the door, but nothing can stop the Damned´s will !!!

A pity though that we have to aim the noble reds instead of despicable blues due to guard zone
Its always painful to attack a beautiful red....

The only thing that I couldnt understand was....why having so many pets there ?? It was already a guard area... Was it really necessary to have one thousand pets ????? It was clear that some people were there to avoid reds to participate

Also, being trash talked by tamers isnt very pleasant.... After killing some people and never looting anybody, I was finally killed by pets and dry looted by the tamers,.,. You tamers should AT LEAST have given my items to your pets !

G

Did you have to aim at me three times? *chuckles* I think you are beatiful too. *nods*

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

I just didn't/don't get it. Folks on the production/felucca facets are killing themselves trying to get people to come over for their events out in the middle of no where like the Umbra arena, etc. And, on Siege we're herding them in to a guardzone. It was my opinion.. and a shared concern of several people. Pompas would have been to assume that everyone shared my opinion. I did no such thing. I suggested that others might share my concerns about the location.

Anyways, I'm really glad that nobody abused the guard system last night. I was listening to the "play by play" in Vent and it sounded like a good time. I'm looking forward to reading the stories told last night.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was a fun change. I think the key to having fun at things like this is
to find a way to adjust. If we hadn't had any friendly "red" particpants... the
whole thing would have been a non-issue... but since we knew that we WOULD
have a "red" storyteller (who told the winning story btw) we had to adjust...
and many of us posted up to guard. That added a new dimension to Story Night
as security is really a non-issue for anyone generally.

And yes... WyRm did a great job stealthing in and making an attack... and
escaping. And after that, there were several good fights, and chases. There
was a little something for anyone who wanted to participate.

I think this event was held in pure Siege style. There is no other shard where
this event could have taken place in the manner it did. People want to call
anything that's not straight fighting at Spirit "trammy". I think WyRm and Krystal
really showed that they will fight anyone, anywhere, against any odds last night.
Because they fight to have fun, like most of the people who were there last night.

Cheers!

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

There were 8549432 pets outside and two insolents guarding the door, but nothing can stop the Damned´s will !!!

The only thing that I couldnt understand was....why having so many pets there ??

[/ QUOTE ]
We were just as serious about stopping you from attacking as you were about
attacking. The people who agreed to guard brought tamers...

We knew you were coming, and we were waiting for you... I know you're not
used to that, but you should GET used to it!

Cheers!

G

Hmpf.... Damn you miserable non believers !!
DOOM is closer than you imagine... Regret thyselves while you can, to not suffer in the final days !!!!!!!

G

Thanks to VmP, I got to become a Knight of Justice last night. It was fun, but it was funny this time around having a zerg of people versus a handful of VmP. I don't see that too often.

G

Lets not forget Krystal... Had some fun chasing her as well. /salute to the brave reds.

P.S. I was chasing you guys on my tamer minus the pets... now theres a challenge! All i had were hide/stealth and ninja stars to defeat you!