• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tome of Love

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am i too understand that only those who got hte order of things correct will receive the goodie? And everyone else is sort of out of luck, no goodies for them?

M

Mr. Gnome

I dont think it does :p

it says the book has 7 parts and the last shrine book says its 2 parts

so the books from the shrines = 4
plus the 3 from the Mantra books = 3

thats 7

i didnt feel like the tsuff Wissax said really went with the books eather
Ya, the language he uses is completely different than the rest of the tome. The tome is written in typical UO language, an older and poetic sounding english. What Wisaxi says is in typical modern tone, not fitting to the tome at all.

It would be like reading classic Shakespeare and finding a scene writtin in modern English.

I just think the 4-part thing Wisaxi says is an example of what to do when you find the 3 "Mu, Beh, Cah" books. Honestly, who would think to try to get InFo out of the books when just listing the names "Compassion, Sacriice, Justice" make perfect sense by themselves.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

thats 7

ok, I'm baffled.....the 3 mantra books, Mu, Beh, and Cah.....then there's 1 from the compassion shrine, 1 from sacrifice, and 1 from justice.....how'd you get 4? I know some players saw 2 at sacrifice, wasn't so when I got there.

I saw the two in despise and destard.....which held not much ....did I miss a shrine somewhere??

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the night i completed the quest i spoke with Kanmare. The Garish mans words go in the book.

the last book has two quotes yes, but its one part of 7. it was split like that so that you could figure out the order better knowing what went last.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the night i completed the quest i spoke with Kanmare. The Garish mans words go in the book.

the last book has two quotes yes, but its one part of 7. it was split like that so that you could figure out the order better knowing what went last.
Yeah, I forgot the one having 2 quotes in it......whose Kanmare?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

So is there a consensus on the order these things are supposed to go in yet?

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gargoyle wasn't in my book, I was told it was done.

Compassion, Justice, Sacrifice, I ordered it like the entries in the book.

F

Fannkiba

so do the 3 last books move around? Because I just ran across like Half of Ilsh, and have not found either of the 2 there. the Tokuno one is just confusing..

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye the last 3 books move around

and Wisaxi gives the clues to where they are when giving him the keye words

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found cah and have marked it anew....

Still looking for the new beh and mu...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

thats 7

I would rethink that. Especially the stuff that he said that was in (), that matches the format of the quotes from the mantra books.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rethink that. Especially the stuff that he said that was in (), that matches the format of the quotes from the mantra books.
I did rethink it, and double checked it as well. ( screenshots of everything-saved) What he says is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One alone should still feel lovefor oneself. If you cannot, you have a longer journey to make before you can love others.

How can anyone love who thinks so little of themselves that they do not love?

Love truly is necessary if one wishes to be other than alone."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having screenshots, I side by side compared the mantra books as well as the shrine books.....I found our gargoyle friend to be original.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Are you guys including the "None of Me" lines from the back pages of the three books found at the shrines?

I added them into my book, because they are there...but not sure if we need them.

F

Fannkiba

aye the last 3 books move around

and Wisaxi gives the clues to where they are when giving him the keye words
Ok well forgive me for not putting this with my first psot, but if they move around then does the gargoyle give different hints each time they move? Or do they just move around the area they are in?

F

Fannkiba

Are you guys including the "None of Me" lines from the back pages of the three books found at the shrines?

I added them into my book, because they are there...but not sure if we need them.
Yeah I wrote those in the back of my books, and I will probably add it to the final one too, for the same reason as you. Because it is there.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Okay, so my book is basically the three books found at the shrines, with the "None of Me" passage at the end of each section...all one book called Tome of Love.

Is this how it is supposed to be?

I am seeing some people say your need the stuff from the Gargoyle, and others are saying you don't.

Also, I could not find the beh, cah, and mu books. I guess they moved.

So are we supposed to have 3 parts, or 7 parts, or as I am possibly understanding it...

3 books of 7 parts making up 1 tome??

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so my book is basically the three books found at the shrines, with the "None of Me" passage at the end of each section...all one book called Tome of Love.

Is this how it is supposed to be?

I am seeing some people say your need the stuff from the Gargoyle, and others are saying you don't.

Also, I could not find the beh, cah, and mu books. I guess they moved.

So are we supposed to have 3 parts, or 7 parts, or as I am possibly understanding it...

3 books of 7 parts making up 1 tome??

Cah went to the inn, on the main island in tukono, beh's in gargoyle city.....Mu, I don't think I found it's relocation......has to do with mining.....

J

Jerryll

I didnt put the gargoyle in my book... I dont think it goes in it. It doesnt have 5 parts like cah, beh, and mu, and its a gargoyle not a book like all the rest. I dont think it fits in any way other than to show you what to do when you find what it gives clues to. I may be wrong... Just in case Ill turn in what I think is correct and make another with the gargoyles words just in case Im wrong. It says you only get one prize per account and not only one chance at getting the reward so Id assume you get more than one chance just in case you are wrong the first time but then again who knows.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope there not two specific and picky as alot of people have spent alot of time doing it but no one actually knows the right order or and what has to and has not to go in there, i think if you have been to every point in the quest and can show you have what was asked it should be ok as the EM wasn't very specific on what had to go in it just "several parts" and sent us on our way to work it out.

Would be a bit mean if they turn you down for just issing 1 lil line or putting in something that didnt need to go in there, or even visiting the 3 books in the order you worked it out not what is ment.

Anyways i cant wait :D is gona be hectic there for a few hours plus, are they gona check EVERYONES book to see if its perfect??? *stands in que with ticket number 101 :)

They also said you will be asked some questions about it, guessing its to see if you actually did it or just brought a book of someone, making me think they wont be to picky on the contense or order aslong as it shows you went to all 8 places.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The gargoyle wasn't in my book, I was told it was done.

Compassion, Justice, Sacrifice, I ordered it like the entries in the book.
I am leaning toward this.

Noximous tends to be in the "right places at the right times" when it comes to EMs and events...so, I am taking my cues from him.

(If he's wrong I'll hunt him down and kill him :) )

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Should the Cu, Beh, and Ma books not be readable??

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Should the Cah , Beh, and Mu books not be readable??

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Noximous tends to be in the "right places at the right times" when it comes to EMs and events...so, I am taking my cues from him.

Well, I would guess there is a reason each of the (5) parts of the Mantra books are listed as (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and the Garg's speech about love is done the same way....

I would strongly recommend putting the garg's message in the book.

But, it's your choice.

Also, the MU book was in the cave to the west of the shrine earlier today.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

But where?

The first book at Compassion says clearly, this should be your first entry.

The second book at Justice says clearly, this should be your second entry.

The third book at Sacrifice says clearly, the first quote should be your third entry, and the second quote should be your last.

If you include:

1. Compassion
2. Justice
3. Sacrifice 1st Quote
4. Beh
5. Cah
6. Mu
7. Sacrifice 2nd Quote

That is 7 parts.

Where is the Wisaxi text supposed to go without making it 8 parts?

F

Fannkiba

AH! Ha, finally found the last book... Even though I got tipped off from you guys here on the forum, I'm glad i got this done! Woo

As for my book order, well I too will be leaving the Gargoyle's words out of my text. I guess we will see what happens

So we turn in our books on Saturday from 3-9? But is that like eastern time? Comes I'm pacific standard.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's not true, I'm not in the right places, it's just the fact I was in the right Facet at the right time, with one EM! :p

I say this order and idea, because I asked, was told, and pounded my chest, spouting about my superiority. (The woman didn't enjoy this at Midnight.)

M

Moonstar

the night the event started , after confusion with the gargoyle, i went back to the guild hall. EM kanmare was there . I told him i was confused about Wisaxi.. didn't know what to do about his 4 part message bc it didnt seem to hint to a new location . I believe the EM told me to write it down , atleast that' what i understood from what he said. SO it's in my book.
I have it like this .
compassion
justice
sacrifice
Mu
beh
cah
wizaxi's 4 part thing
2nd Sacrifice quote . with none of me on page 40.

S

Saris

Well if thats true i get no goodies, I have treid puting "the garg" text everywhere and it messes up the flow big time, plus his part was his "name question" wtf is that, the only question about his name i had, is why it reminds me of wizzax, And realy NONE of ME? why would you add that, how does that belong in "THE" Book of Love? Anyway I may do it on a different char just in case but, the Garg dont feel right and since Love is about feeling im not gonna add it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Well if thats true i get no goodies, I have treid puting "the garg" text everywhere and it messes up the flow big time, plus his part was his "name question" wtf is that, the only question about his name i had, is why it reminds me of wizzax, And realy NONE of ME? why would you add that, how does that belong in "THE" Book of Love? Anyway I may do it on a different char just in case but, the Garg dont feel right and since Love is about feeling im not gonna add it.
Hehehe...I thought the same thing when I say the Gargoyle's name! I wondered if Wizzax had gotten some kind of SA alpha version or something :)

The None of Me thing comes into question because it is on the back page of all three of the books that you read, rather than the one's you speak to.

I have just decided to create 2 versions...one with the Gargoyle "Wizzax" text, and another without.

I will hand in the one without first, and if they say "Where is the Gargoyle stuff?" I will lie and say..."Oh, wait...I gave you the wrong one!" And give them the other one!! :)

If they take the one I give them first, I sell the other one on a Luna vendor for $43,000,000,000

F

Fannkiba

Instead of putting Wisaxi's words mixed in with the Tome, I think I will add it in after all of the 7 parts. And just start it like "Words from Wisaxi" or something. I will probably make two books as well. One with and one without the Gargoyle words.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

For what it's worth...you do not need the Gargoyle text in the tome.

I just turned my book in without it, and it was correct. There is an example of the book in the wedding house next to the EM hall...you can compare it there.

F

Fannkiba

He is just sleeping with the EM's... That sneaky, sneaky Noximos.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I 'strongly advised' it, was because I directly asked the EM should the garg's part be in the book and she said Yes.

Then I mentioned what was said here, and she said she would accept the book with or without it.

*shrugs*

S

soulstoner

So the Wisaxi words are not necessary after all -- flipping through the completed book in little hut next door. But Geeze Oh Man -- hung out for hours and so many people not given opportunity to hand over book --- mildly discouraging - least the message is cool ..... Happy V Day

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I guess for me, my stupidity paid off :)

I thought it started at 12pm and showed up at like 12:15 or so.

I was the third person picked (right after some other guy, and the "Chosen One" -Noximos-) :D

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imho Atlantic's event far surpassed the one on another shard I play alot.

On Atlantic everyone had a shot at a new toy. On Pacific, slow connection = you lose. Plus a cussing winner, f word over and over. Em did nothing. Guess f word is now acceptable in UO.

So ty to Atlantic Ems even if it took 3 hours. Thank you!

All I ask is that next time more specific words about what you want. I was so confused over what went in the book.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The EMs at the event at Atlantic were fantastic!

It took them longer to get through the crowd than they expected (in fact, they couldn't), and there were some people complaining, but all and all, this was handled much better than the last 2 events.

I hope that they can make sure that everyone gets their rewards...and from someone that got one, I can tell you...it isn't like you are getting a free Castle or anything, so relax.

I really think they will do whatever they can to get to everyone.

R

Regi the wicked

Since I forgot to go turn mine in, what was the reward?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just what i suspected... Your book back but in pink and uneditable (including chars name)

Dont fret we can hand it also tomorrow not 100% on the times as im in the UK but its 2pm-7pm GMT as i worked it out.

Did disheart me that so many people got called up on Obviouse new or 2nd accounts as they werent even wearing anyhting that could stand in M.... (town in ilsh) for 5 mins and read the book they were nuub accounts that coppied there mains books, and they got called up before alot of people iv seen about as real players waiting all night and still having to go back tomorrow

Was an AWSOME event, best yet on any server but they didnt think out the hand in part very well....

A ticket system would of been good
buy a book of the vendor for say 1gp and it gave you a number in the que
not just random anyone
as i saw a few people go up twice either on the same char or same account
wtich slowed down the whole thigs aswell as the spam did.

but good worh EMs just think harder on how to handle so many hand ins, best quest yet

:)

didnt get my chance and have work tomorrow so unless bro can do it for me i bummed out. but hey was fun :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Since I forgot to go turn mine in, what was the reward?
It's just your book back, but in another color and not editable.

But I think it is cool. It is something truly personal to you. You cannot PK anyone with it or anything, but it's still something unique...sort of.

F

Fannkiba

I was only dissapointed because it was not Blessed. At least I didn't test mine out. I would like to just carry it around in my pack for now reason but to feel more accomplished than I do with it locked down in my house.

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This weeks been hectic. Only got 4/7, so no go for me. Can't even really get ingame for the next couple weekends either. Lets hope the next one isn't something awesome. ;)

*Leaves the 4/7 books on his steps for probably the next 5yrs*

S

soulstoner

Well THAT went GREAT today ..... Impressive organization of the masses .. and thanks to GRL & WBL for early efforts & the ATL forum chat - (first time I've really checked-into in the ATL specific forum). Book is super cool [imho] I really dig the philosophy in it's written form there -- good words - good words -- thanks to the EMs for a grand effort, message & assembly :)
:grouphug:

KEWL :thumbup1: Happy Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!

L

Listless

I agree. While yesterday was a lil worrisome, it was really pulled together today and when matched with a fun time of clue searching during the week it was a great event. The reward was a fun touch too; I really liked the book. It was a cool keepsake of the event.

I'm looking forward to many more events from our EM's.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to events on Atlantic, Great Lakes, Pac and LS. I must say that this offered the most fun (along with a little worry about book order) for the greatest length of time. I really liked that every one got a reward. I love my book. It is truly a nice keepsake. Thank you EMs for all the hard work.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed the event. It reminded me of Quest of the Avatar in part cause of the philosophy of the virtues and the questions we could ask the NPC's (and the books!).
It goes to show you that you can have fun without hacking and slashing.

Nice job EM's on your first try, and I look forward to another event. (just please don't make me wait 4 hours (exactly) to turn anything in again.)