• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tome of Love

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The book's you get at the shrines total 4 parts of what they claim to be a seven part book.

Any luck on the other parts? Im assumeing the gargoyle is a nother part leave two left.

Thoughts?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we were told we got two at Sacrifice. The books copied are erased somehow by those copied after. !!!:( I don't get this. Does it pop back after we get 7?

We did Compassion, Justice. Sacrifice, Courage, Truth. If 2 at Sacrifice that is 6. The Gargoyle must be 7?

I tell ya, this has been extremely frustrating event for me. I so hope all shards do not do this.

I appreciate any effort for event fun. This is no fun for me. Hope others are having good time though. Problem for me is lack of understanding (on my part) of what to do. As I got to guild hall before 7, Em was leaving. :( I guess it began at 6:30. :(

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two of the one from goodmans and Winterbreez are no good

Mya and the gargoyle talk about three shrines use those books = 4 parts

1,2,3 7

havnt figured out parts 4,5,6 yet

i scoured exedous dungeon, and the controller building on the way there seeing if the gargoyle meant somthing around there when he talked about enslaveers

Mya talks about
Wolf in trap = Compasion
Miner = Sacrifice
Old Freind = Justice

Garg mention the code words for those same shrines which give you 3 books with 4 parts

somthing missing anyone figure it out please let us know

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we were told we got two at Sacrifice. The books copied are erased somehow by those copied after. !!!:( I don't get this. Does it pop back after we get 7?

We did Compassion, Justice. Sacrifice, Courage, Truth. If 2 at Sacrifice that is 6. The Gargoyle must be 7?

I tell ya, this has been extremely frustrating event for me. I so hope all shards do not do this.

I appreciate any effort for event fun. This is no fun for me. Hope others are having good time though. Problem for me is lack of understanding (on my part) of what to do. As I got to guild hall before 7, Em was leaving. :( I guess it began at 6:30. :(
There is a book at the Councillor's Guild just inside the doors that will start you off on the quest at anytime. You can start even if you were not there for the EM's appearances.

We have one week to figure it out so relax and enjoy finding the pieces!

Bring multiple empty books to make your copies and piece it together in the comfort of your home later this evening...

G

GreyPawn

This type of live event contributes nothing towards immersion.

This quest looks as though it was assembled by someone who obviously wished to entertain and delight, but in fact had no real training on how to do that for a sizable Atlantic-sized crowd.

The initial language of the quest was confusing. The setup has been confusing. Dumb luck and the verbal beat down of the gypsy oracle NPC have been the only progressing features of the quest up to this point. The overwhelming majority of questers, if in fact this can even be called a quest as opposed to a low-level scavenger hunt, will get stuck after having copied the contents of three books into their inventory. After that, there are no leads.

In all likely probability, a random discovery later in the week will yield the location of an additional clue, the finder hopefully sharing this information with the great unwashed masses in order to facilitate the completion of the quest for many. I'm predicting it will be a random, inexplicable book or NPC found in the wilds of Britannia in between cities and points of interest, happened upon by sheer chance. The rest of the quest seems built in that kind of obscure, arcane way.

Honestly, no one anticipated the first display by Atlantic's EM to be stellar. At least it wasn't a monster jam, or a fetch-it collection. Though I would wager those old hats are around the corner.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it might just have been the people i was with. but I loved it. I had to stress my knowledge of the virtues and principals and even the design of the games terrain to complete it. but then again, i have the ability to immerse myself in a game of solitare. and chick flics

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Andrasta... What do you mean by "piece it together"?

Four books become one by me typing the words into one main book? Is this it?
Lol! I am not giving up. I finally saw the floor book as well.

So we go back and redo 4 books. Type it all into one. Oh ok.

Then figure out 3 more parts to make three more books?

Thank you for help. :)

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it might just have been the people i was with. but I loved it. I had to stress my knowledge of the virtues and principals and even the design of the games terrain to complete it. but then again, i have the ability to immerse myself in a game of solitare. and chick flics
I love you sir.

S

Saris

well i immersed myself and checked hygloth and nothing im about to check doom but i figure we are missing 2 virtues, humility and spiritualty, though i could be wrong. Any one check fell shrines or hygloth?

G

GreyPawn

Quest sequence in order-

Say "Love" in front of the Bell at the Counselor's Guild Hall.
Talk to the gypsy for a bit. She sends you to:
Compassion Shrine
Justice Shrine
Sacrifice Shrine.

Copy down what you see in the books there, should be four total parts. (one is two)

Go to the gargoyle Wisaxi east of Doom. He gives you another part in five parts. 1-5. He also tells you where to find three others.

Beh - Mistas, Ilshenar.
Cah - Bushido Citadel, Isamu
Mu - Cove Lookout Tower

As rambling as this quest was, I have to hand it to the EM. She knows her Virtues.

M

Moonstar

well mine is done but i see in grey's post the places given by the gargpoyle are in a different order than I wrote them in my book.
Does it matter what order they are written in? I did them the order as the ones from fortune teller.
also .. did anyone copy the alone part? after his says phrase 4 if you say alone he replies. but it sounds liek it doesnt actually belong

S

Saris

i did not acculy write the book yet i just made a bunch of books that are my notes to write it, but i could not tell anyway to determine order of mu cah and beh, however i dont think the last thing wisaxi says fits so i would not put it in cause it dont have a (5) before it :)

Could be I am missing a keyword, or could be the 3 peices, that I dont know the order to, only make sence one way, ill figure it out at the crack of noon.

N

Nh'bdy

I spoke to Kanmare and it was mentioned that the order of quotes not specifically given a location is irrelevant in the end.

M

Moxis

I've seen the question asked a lot, and I'd really like someone to answer:

Are we supposed to be carrying around 7 blank books? What's the trick, guys? Do we need to copy everything manually into one book?

Help!

Thanks!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you cary Books with you and when your done compile it all into one in the right order

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies where is Beh - Mistas, Ilshenar. becuase i dont know where that is Beggings on hands and knees for help please
:bowdown::bowdown:

M

Moonstar

for mistas you have to go out the shrine of honesty, turn right exiting the mountain sie and follow along the water edge. take the second bridge and go up into mistas just like that.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spoke to Kanmare and it was mentioned that the order of quotes not specifically given a location is irrelevant in the end.
Could you possibly rephrase that so it makes a tad more sense? Just the wording is confusing me

R

Regi the wicked

UOAM really came in handy for this one. Everytime I got a clue I looked all over the map trying to figure it out. Since I am not normally adventurous it was cool seeing all kinds of places I have never dared to venture too. I did most of it totally alone too which was a bit nerve racking at times.

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am lost on the 3 parts after gargoyle. Am I still looking for books? Because i am completely lost. Are they books im looking for? (where are they) If not what am i looking for? any follow up would be greatly appreciated. thank you

M

MariamATL

How smart of UO to move the books daily!!!! I actually really enjoyed the quest...even if it was a bit harder than usual. =)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fustrated at first thinking i only have tonight to figure this out and after 4 hours of racking my brain (as working all week now). When i took a break it was fun again finding the 3 new places of the books mu beh and cah :D most fun event yet but, have only been to 2 of the others.
I like how its a week long one with changes every day not just 2 hours go find or kill this, as i still had fun figuring out the 2 locations i didn't need and probably will again tomorrow just for fun.

£ cheers for the ATL EM's :)

S

Saris

any body figure out how the garg was found yet? Also on his story, it dont seem to fit in to me maby its still in the wrong order :p

Also my Ultima games led me to belive that humility and spiritualty should have been incuded, but it was entertaing, and I wish our new EM all the luck in the world.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any body figure out how the garg was found yet? Also on his story, it dont seem to fit in to me maby its still in the wrong order :p

Also my Ultima games led me to belive that humility and spiritualty should have been incuded, but it was entertaing, and I wish our new EM all the luck in the world.
IMO The gargoyle was placed in a very high traffic area as a simple "Hey what's he doing here? I'll keep an eye on him". A simple plug to the story in my opinion. :[

S

Saris

The more I think about the more it leads me to think he is connected with SA as he has apeared on other shards.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I believe the EM moved the beh and mu manuscripts, though I'm not sure why. Regardless, beh is now located in Meer town, northwest of Ilsh Spirituality.

Now, I'm really not sure where Wisaxi comes into this story. The Counselor's Hall leads to the fortune teller, who leads to the three shrines. At the third shrine, Spirituality, the third inscription ends thusly: "There are three Virtues connected to Love:". The colon (":") says to me that the inscriptions related to the "three Virtues" (i.e., beh, cah, and mu) are meant to immediately follow the third entry. It doesn't make sense to say, "There are three Virtues connected to Love: One alone should still feel love for oneself." Hence, I don't think the Wisaxi's entry belongs fourth.

Moreover, the book at Spirituality identifies itself as both the third and last of seven parts. If Compassion represents part I, Justice part II, Spirituality parts III and VII, and the Virtues - beh, cah, and mu - parts IV, V, and VI, respectively, I really don't see where Wisaxi's entry belongs.

What do you guys think?

S

Saris

Thats how mine is i also did not put the gargs words in my text, it just wold not fit or make since with the rest. 7 parts also his owuld make 8? but the em book list 7 parts.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
best is to acctually read the parts of the books...

It tells you in what order they go

M

MariamATL

Avenhar, I did read the books but only the books at the shrines tell you where to put them. Nothing ever mentions if you need Wisaxi's words or not but assuming we need 7 book parts and he's an 8th part not from a book I'd say no possibly??

Also, the shrine books do not say exactly what order the books from Wisaxi's clues go in. Ahhhh.....the possibilities!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is what i did:

I copied (typed) all the parts i had gathered onto a word document and i had a couple a friends that i worked with .

We gathered everything we could find.

After i had it all in Word i sent it to them and we read through it together.

Its really much better to look at on a sheet then in 11 diffrent little books.

And after that it was pretty obvious (at least we thought so) in what order they go:

Compassion
This text introduces the Tome of Love, a book in seven parts witch you should complete by following such clues as can be found.
This should appear as your first entry:

Justice
This text is part of the tome, a book of seven parts witch you may complete by following such clues as can be found.
This should appear as your second entry:

Sacrifice
This text is part of the tome, a book of seven parts witch you may complete by following such clues as can be found.
The first quote should appear as your third entry and the second as your last.

i hope that helps...

I am not copying the whole thing into here :)

T

Tazar

Avenhar, I did read the books but only the books at the shrines tell you where to put them. Nothing ever mentions if you need Wisaxi's words or not but assuming we need 7 book parts and he's an 8th part not from a book I'd say no possibly??

Also, the shrine books do not say exactly what order the books from Wisaxi's clues go in. Ahhhh.....the possibilities!
The original book in the councilor's hall that tells how to start the quest says to seek out a book by Lord British for clues... The book is "Vitrue" by Lord British and the order is contained in that book...

J

Jerryll

Yall little ones are funny little people... Cant figure this out? Nox and I had this done and teasing newbies by 10? I think 10... Maybe a little earlier... IDK ask Nox...

M

MariamATL

lol.....so ummmm maybe I'm grossly misunderstood......I have had this finished since Sunday night a little after midnight but Sunday night none the less......I was just asking a couple of questions to stir up discussion about whether Wisaxi was/wasn't an entry and what order the books from each place went in or if it was the same as the shrines.

I have my book done ready to turn in and ummm the order in Virtues is the same as what each shrine tells you.......but hey thanks! It's been fun!

Great EM event! I am looking forward to more in the future! THANKS again!

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading everything helped....I went this route:
1- compassion
2- justice
3- sacrifice
4- mu
5- beh
6- cah
7- wisaxi's
closed the tome with the reminding of what Feb. and love means as stated in the sacrifice book.........you'll notice it says to put the second quote in last.
Reading it, it is basically a summary of what the tome consists of...........So, you do have 7 parts and a conclusion.

who knows, I could be totally wrong.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reading everything helped....I went this route:
1- compassion
2- justice
3- sacrifice
4- mu
5- beh
6- cah
7- wisaxi's
closed the tome with the reminding of what Feb. and love means as stated in the sacrifice book.........you'll notice it says to put the second quote in last.
Reading it, it is basically a summary of what the tome consists of...........So, you do have 7 parts and a conclusion.

who knows, I could be totally wrong.
The EMs told us order is not that important.

however the garg is second to last because one of the shrine books says it contains the last quote in the book

M

Mr. Gnome

So does Wisaxi's 4-part verse on loving oneself and being alone go in the tome?

I really don't think it does... I think it's just there as an example of what to do with the Mu, Beh, and Cah books. Also, the language/grammer he uses is entirely different from any of the other 7 verses.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So does Wisaxi's 4-part verse on loving oneself and being alone go in the tome?

I really don't think it does... I think it's just there as an example of what to do with the Mu, Beh, and Cah books. Also, the language/grammer he uses is entirely different from any of the other 7 verses.

It does go in the book

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think it does :p

it says the book has 7 parts and the last shrine book says its 2 parts

so the books from the shrines = 4
plus the 3 from the Mantra books = 3

thats 7

i didnt feel like the tsuff Wissax said really went with the books eather

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am completely lost, and spamming random banter to an NPC isn't the way to get stuff done.