• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Tokuno serpent pillar?

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any chance we might someday get a serpent pillar to go to Tokuno?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This should have been included with the expansion!

G

Gowron

I agree there should be one, and I'll take it another step further. There should also be passwords included to facilitate sailing between trammel and felucca. Adding a serpent pillar to Tokuno shouldn't be that difficult, and no others need to be added after that. All we should require are additional passwords.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine too...Would also love the Tram/Fel one, though with the entrance landing spot in Fel to be slightly random hehe. I would rather not be greeted with a 4 cannon salute *giggles*

Wenchy

M

Muu Bin

Just talking about this tonight with a group of people. All of us would love this. Add another 5 people to this growing list.

PLEASE? :bowdown:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea but there canot be only one or two spots that go to fel

As for fel / tram transferes I would suggest somthing more like the old moonstones or multiple places (at least 6). If limited they would be camped and blocked like entrances to dungeons.

Of course there isn't alot of fe - tram movement these days but even so it could be easily abused if only a spot or two.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: Great idea but there canot be only one or two spots that go to fel

As for fel / tram transferes I would suggest somthing more like the old moonstones or multiple places (at least 6). If limited they would be camped and blocked like entrances to dungeons.

Of course there isn't alot of fe - tram movement these days but even so it could be easily abused if only a spot or two.
One thing about pillars many "Reds will be camping the fel side" people forget is that when you are transferred by the pillars between the Lost Lands and the surface, you arrive at a random location up to several screens away. This is usually off the radar from the pillar far enough that a ship at the pillar won't show, in the Lost Lands. Coming back, the arrival point is random within a roughly 45 degrees by 45 degrees square, centered on the Pillar - perhaps for the very reason of the potential for a choke point (after all, T2A predates Trammel).

The obvious choke points therefore are the departure points, as weins201 infers. There's something built in there as well, already. The Surface Serpent Pillars have a much wider radius (nearly the length of a HS ship, in some places) where they can be activated (unlike the Lost Lands side, where you have to be touching the pillar and standing right next to it).

If you extend that radius to where the pillar only has to be visible to the person, and it will be near impossible for someone to block access, without placing a bunch of empty ships to block. Of course, doing that should fall under the same rules as blocking that one champ area, or even better, be subject to a modified version of the Floating Emporium rule (only with a 30 second to 1 minute timer for an empty ship, instead of 20 minutes - and maybe even move occupied ships that linger in the active area more than 5 minutes).

Personally, I think that the pillar area should take all vessels in the area (each deposited randomly on arrival) if the word is given - but boot the reds aboard off into the water (to that moongate on a single bit of decking, or Buc's Den), if they can't go to that facet normally. So, if a group of reds decide to play blocker, their ship could end up in Trammel or Tokuno without them if their target gets close enough to say the magic words (and they better have a blue with boat access to go retrieve it).