• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TODAY PATCH IDOC HOUSE PLACEMENT

Sunghun

Adventurer
Today, the method of building IDOC houses has changed.
It appears to be a sustained change that needs confirmation.
The previous script-based approach cannot be accurately utilized anymore.
If attempted, construction will be unavailable for about 3 minutes, and there are now more frequent and prolonged tool usage restrictions to discourage repetitive use.

This is considered a very positive patch as it opens up the opportunity for everyone to build houses.
However, manual attempts are not the right way to go about it, and they might even prove more challenging.

Nevertheless, this is an effective measure to deter scripters.

I hope Mesanna and her team continue to work diligently in managing the situation.
Scripters will likely find other ways to exploit, so it's crucial to stay vigilant and proactive in addressing these issues.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You might want to read some of the threads on the official forum. Scripters don't need more than one attempt to place a house and they are able to determine house placement availability without using a house placement tool (some said ethy mount will determine / others have said spell casting will).

I have no interest in placing houses so I don't really care either way on the fix but it seems like this fix doesn't really stop scripters from what it sounds like; only the rookies that might not get house placement right the first time.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scripters will likely find other ways to exploit, so it's crucial to stay vigilant and proactive in addressing these issues.
This change did nothing to the scripters. They can always ( or 99 % at least ) place a house correctly first time. You can give them accolades if you want but this really didn't do anything.

Sunghun

Adventurer
You might want to read some of the threads on the official forum. Scripters don't need more than one attempt to place a house and they are able to determine house placement availability without using a house placement tool (some said ethy mount will determine / others have said spell casting will).

I have no interest in placing houses so I don't really care either way on the fix but it seems like this fix doesn't really stop scripters from what it sounds like; only the rookies that might not get house placement right the first time.
It seems that there have been new changes today. Even the method of not using tools has been blocked.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone who thinks these changes had any impact on the house placement scripts clearly does not understand how they work.

They know the split second to place and are timed to use the tool just 1 time and target the tile for placement. They don’t need casting or ethy, they are reading the data stream timer that counts down to allow placement.

The change only add additional layers of hassle for honest players.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a new change today.

like the OP says. But it did mess up mounting a pet in Heartwood and other places. So it needs some reworking.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a new change today.

like the OP says. But it did mess up mounting a pet in Heartwood and other places. So it needs some reworking.
Ah that's why I got the message "you cannot cast here" when I try to Mount my ethereal at Ararat ship.
stupid developer. Since 25 years the same quality

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the first try did not fix the script placers. But the second try tried to fix an exploit they used to place a house, by mounting an ethy.

So they went too far on the mounting part.

It is sad that all the updates are fighting exploiters and cheaters.

As dead as posters say UO is, why are there so many exploiters/cheaters?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As dead as posters say UO is, why are there so many exploiters/cheaters?
In the bigger picture, UO is far from dead there are 1000s of unique people playing it and a vast majority of those are on free shards. As for production shards, the reason for so many exploiters is that there is still real life money attached to much of the game, outside of people purchasing items/tokens/gametime directly from BS. People are still dropping large sums of RL cash on housing, rares etc. With the introduction of many of these third party clients (ClassicUO etc), players who choose to exploit the game can do it far more easily then in the past. I do not think BS has the resources or ability to combat this unfortunately, and if they did... well im sure we would have seen something happen by now.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not think BS has the resources or ability to combat this unfortunately, and if they did... well im sure we would have seen something happen by now.
Bonnie has a track record of keeping her gold sellers protected.

It takes zero ressources to ban well known cheaters like AtlanticRealtor. It's not like there are hundreds of those. But they pay for a lot of accounts... run the swag shop... etc. pp

The rabbit hole is pretty deep to say the least

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone who thinks these changes had any impact on the house placement scripts clearly does not understand how they work.

They know the split second to place and are timed to use the tool just 1 time and target the tile for placement. They don’t need casting or ethy, they are reading the data stream timer that counts down to allow placement.

The change only add additional layers of hassle for honest players.
Data stream timer? Who made that up. lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes this change helped the scripters.

These changed aren't worth trying to fight them.
Making it so you cant mount a pet or Ethy in Shadowguard, Underwater, and other places helped house scripters? Please explain better.

I agree, changes made to fight scripting and exploiting are not often good for legit players.

Sunghun

Adventurer
Making it so you cant mount a pet or Ethy in Shadowguard, Underwater, and other places helped house scripters? Please explain better.

I agree, changes made to fight scripting and exploiting are not often good for legit players.
It doesn't help scripters.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
this is funny a thread from someone selling multiple houses per week. i bet someone script is broken.
If attempted, construction will be unavailable for about 3 minutes, and there are now more frequent and prolonged tool usage restrictions to discourage repetitive use.

This is considered a very positive patch as it opens up the opportunity for everyone to build houses.
However, manual attempts are not the right way to go about it, and they might even prove more challenging.

I hope Mesanna and her team continue to work diligently in managing the situation.

not that bad for you Svojstva you placed last 2 castles and keeps on atlantic and many 18x18 i bet you sit on a lot of plats...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't help scripters.
Did the anti scripting steps stay in place today?

They reverted the side effect of not being able to mount pets or ethys in certain areas.

Sunghun

Adventurer
Did the anti scripting steps stay in place today?

They reverted the side effect of not being able to mount pets or ethys in certain areas.
The restriction was removed with an additional patch.
I think it effectively hinders the script.

Unfortunately, the limit of repeated use of tools has increased exponentially.
Ordinary users who don't know how are limited and have no choice but to get out of the spot.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
House Items and Monsters: When a house goes IDOC, items no longer fall to the ground. Instead, they are placed individually into the inventories of fearsome monsters that spawn through a mystical portal. The strength and number of monsters depend on the total items in the house. Prepare for intense encounters!
Loot and Monsters: Encounter a mix of regional and global creatures. There are three tiers, each guarding a different number of items. Defeat the monsters to claim your rewards!
Loot and Combat: Yes, you can loot items from the corpses of these otherworldly monsters. Be aware of corpse decay timers, so plan your approach strategically. Engage in combat, deal damage, and seize your well-deserved spoils! Find strategies that work for you.
Challenges: Monsters are fiercely dedicated to protecting the hoard of loot they guard. Stay sharp as surprises await, and some monsters may even disguise themselves. Stay vigilant! Retreat is NOT an option.

From a free shard if they can do it..

Sunghun

Adventurer
House Items and Monsters: When a house goes IDOC, items no longer fall to the ground. Instead, they are placed individually into the inventories of fearsome monsters that spawn through a mystical portal. The strength and number of monsters depend on the total items in the house. Prepare for intense encounters!
Loot and Monsters: Encounter a mix of regional and global creatures. There are three tiers, each guarding a different number of items. Defeat the monsters to claim your rewards!
Loot and Combat: Yes, you can loot items from the corpses of these otherworldly monsters. Be aware of corpse decay timers, so plan your approach strategically. Engage in combat, deal damage, and seize your well-deserved spoils! Find strategies that work for you.
Challenges: Monsters are fiercely dedicated to protecting the hoard of loot they guard. Stay sharp as surprises await, and some monsters may even disguise themselves. Stay vigilant! Retreat is NOT an option.

From a free shard if they can do it..
Unfortunately, the server can't afford it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to change how the housing tool works. I place a house on my account
i'm not allowed to place another or resize it for a week. Even if i sell it drop it I would have to wait a week. heck even make it 2 weeks.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when did it change that you can't resize it? I could resize right away using the I wish to resize my house under the sign
no change i was saying they should change the way the housing tool works make it harder on scripter cheaters. everything they do is makes it more harder for the honest player.

As an old vet, I don't need any more houses or accounts. It's pathetic grown adults cheat and script. I never found it necessary especially for something you don't even own. I told my son that as he grew and grows.....in the end when UO ever shuts down you know what you have........memories, that's it.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
no change i was saying they should change the way the housing tool works make it harder on scripter cheaters. everything they do is makes it more harder for the honest player.
Folks usually call themselves "honest players" and ones who win desired item , PvP battle or housing spot a "scripter"

Frizzman

Visitor

This is the dumbest attempt at a fix ever. Not even a used bandaid is this bad.
House scripters need one shot to place a house so this does not affect them in anyway.
Real people trying to place now have even harder time against the scripters with the additional cool off.
Hell even resizing your house now can be a pita.

Yall have to realize tho. House scripters have many many paid accts versus our one or two each.
Who did you think they were gonna cater to? you ? lololol

The easiest way to find the scripters are to look at the ones that placed same second timer was up.

Ive said this before.

Idoc procedure:
House goes Idoc.
House falls, Barrels down around perimeter.
Barrels turn breakable and loot is awarded.
Barrels disappear.

House placement available sometime in the next 7 days.

This will make house scripters dedicate accounts to an area for up to 7days at a time.
Any more Idocs in that time frame will require additional accounts to monitor the space.
This will irritate house scripters and make them lose interest.

My guess is at least 35% of in game housing is all owned by house scripters who just sit on them for whatever reason they do so.

Messanna sorry but this fix hurt honest players and helped the house scripters even more.
Who ever came up with this idea was working for the house scripters for sure as it killed any honest players attempts from ever placing a big house again.

THIS NEEDS REVERTED ASAP.

It took me over 45 mins to resize my house because of this new tool change. Total bad idea from top to bottom.
First plat was good but it would still go bigger and I had to wait about 3-5 mins before each attempt. Thanks for that lol.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
House scripters need one shot to place a house so this does not affect them in anyway.
Real people trying to place now have even harder time against the scripters with the additional cool off.

Yall have to realize tho. House scripters have many many paid accts versus our one or two each.
Who did you think they were gonna cater to? you ? lololol

The easiest way to find the scripters are to look at the ones that placed same second timer was up.

Ive said this before.

Idoc procedure:
House goes Idoc.
House falls, Barrels down around perimeter.
Barrels turn breakable and loot is awarded.
Barrels disappear.

House placement available sometime in the next 7 days.

This will make house scripters dedicate accounts to an area for up to 7days at a time.
Any more Idocs in that time frame will require additional accounts to monitor the space.
This will irritate house scripters and make them lose interest.

My guess is at least 35% of in game housing is all owned by house scripters who just sit on them for whatever reason they do so.

Messanna sorry but this fix hurt honest players and helped the house scripters even more.
Who ever came up with this idea was working for the house scripters for sure as it killed any honest players attempts from ever placing a big house again.

THIS NEEDS REVERTED ASAP.

It took me over 45 mins to resize my house because of this new tool change. Total bad idea from top to bottom.
First plat was good but it would still go bigger and I had to wait about 3-5 mins before each attempt. Thanks for that lol.
Go post on the real forum and maybe the DEVs will see your rant

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Correct.

Go post on the real forum and maybe the DEVs will see your rant
Yes this.

Gonna be ignored no matter where you post
Also correct. :banana: