• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To the pvm warriors:

F

Fidessa

What is your template and how well does your template work against harder monsters (how long does it take to take monster down)?

And does any of you have a wammie (samurai with wraith form) or sampire (samurai with vampire form) template?

I am thinking about making a pvm warrior, that's why.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

What is your template and how well does your template work against harder monsters (how long does it take to take monster down)?

And does any of you have a wammie (samurai with wraith form) or sampire (samurai with vampire form) template?

I am thinking about making a pvm warrior, that's why.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yahaxithonix has the following skills at this moment:
Swordsmanship, Tactics, Anatomy, Bushido, Parrying, with
Magery, and Evaluate Intelligence.

There seems to be the following ways to damage monsters.
Weapon damage, spell damage at range of less than 5 steps,
Controlled pets, summoned pets, and Animated corpses which
attack!

I do nothing but solo pvm.

If you do group PvMing templates are not as important, a mixture of
templates should be present.

However, solo, a template may have to match the monster choice more
closely.
I mostly use EV's to damage and distract monster trying to attack me.
While distracted I do indeed move up and melee! I usually chose a monster
which the time it takes to kill it, just enough time goes by to regenerate
mana.
In melee, I use Lightning Strike with an one hand sword. One hand sword
is necessary for reasonable use of Parrying with out a shield.

The hardest monster I do kill are Paragon Cyclopean Warriors! It takes
planning to place two EV's in place and still have enough mana for Invisibility
spell which is pre-cast so that I can hide from the PCW when I attract it
to the EV ambush. Similar tactics are usable with Blood Elementals, and the
like.
Equipment is mostly mana regenerating armor that I obtain from monster loot.
Resists on this armor is in the low 30's to middle 20's. I use this crappy
stuff because it is replaceable by looting monster and cost nothing but my
effort to slay monsters... sometimes with no armor on.
If any weapon special attribute is necessary...Hit Lower Attack and Hit Lower
Defense with moderate amount of DI.
Dragons and Daemons along with other hard monsters take about 2 to 8 minutes
depending on just how unlucky the EV are dispelled. Of course if I die it takes
alot longer. If a red/fake blue shows, it can not be done while intruder is about.
I would say about 75% of the damage done by the EV , rest by spell damage
and melee.

I do use grenades, but I keep backpack as light-weight as I can since I do not
use Bag of Sending.

I have never trained Animal Lore, Veternarian, or Animal Taming.

I never used the template types you mentioned in the second question!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

Their are 2 PVM Characters you can creat.

Spell weaving bard

Sammy warrior

The spell weaving is a pain in the ass and you die alot more due to having to run hide invis etc, but this skills are as follows

120 Provo music disco magery eval spell weaving with a ton of mana regen

Sammy is my favorite to hunt with they are tough to use if your running into the middle of an already ongoing battle and being attack from far (not alot of easy healing) but they are unmatched. i can take down anything in game solo with my guy on nappa

You want to run macing swords or fencing. archery is useless depending on what your trying to kill

If you are wanting to kill things like DF's that spawn followers or ancient liches etc then you need to use either a black staff (macing) darkened sky (fencing and i mean that weapon not the darkened sky itself) or an axe (swords) The reason to run these weapons is they have the whirlwind attack and you can strike all nearby opponents and be able to leach off of every single one.

Once you start looking for your weapon (i really do suggest doing this first, always build a char around a weapon, eaiser to do this then try to find a weapon to fit your fighting skill) you need to have a few mods for sure, First all of these are 2 handed weapons so you need stam leach, everyone that you will be fighting hits hard and you dont want to have to do divine fury every 5 seconds youll never have mana.

Next are you running vamp form or wraith. i personally recomend wraith form, With wraith form you get 40% of the damage you deal back in mana and you have curse weapon which will give you the same ammount of health back 40% of the damage you inflict. Also it saves you alot of room on your template

Template for the sammy is as follows

120 parry, bushido, spirit speak, weapon skill, tactics 40 necro and 80 chiv.

you only need 40 necro to 100% cast curse weapon and you always want to go into battle already in wraith form it has a 4 second cast time and isnt the easiest to get up while you are already fighting.

now what monsters are you fighting if your fighting the DF or anything tough get your honor on right away and pray you dont get blood oathed, if you fighting with a companion and your are fighting something that blood oaths then have your companion blood oath you. doesnt do any damage and makes it so Mel or the DF cant blood oath you.

If your fighting 1 thing use lightning strike if your fighting 2 things momentum strike and 3+ whirlwind attack.

and thats it keep curse weapon up all the time EO1 and consecrate weapon you can still drop anything in game in about 10-15 minutes

G

the ultimate pvm warrior....

100 STR, 115 DEX, 40 INT

100 Anatomy, 120 Archery, 120 Bushido, 60 Chiv, 100 Healing, 120 Resist, 100 Tactics.

Nothing I can't kill with that setup.

G

ya theres nothing you cant kill after 3 hours with that template. that is by far not the ultimate template. run hit run hit run hit pfft. your telling me with your template you can stand still and take on a dark father solo? or any peerless. this is not blocking the monsters but actually standing toe to toe. im going to go with no f'n way you can.

again your not allowed to talk when you know not of what you speak.

G

Why would I stand still and let something beat on me when I can kill it from a distance... I dare you to solo the barcoon toe to toe, fool... :S

G

thats easy as pie glad to see you keep running your mouth and making yourself look more and more like a fool its hislarious. Just because baracoon has more hit points and hits slightly harder doesnt mean i cant solo him. just means again you know not what you speak of.

but please feel free to continue to make your self look like a no-nothing ass. haha

R

RobotPlanet

<blockquote><hr>

100 STR, 115 DEX, 40 INT

100 Anatomy, 120 Archery, 120 Bushido, 60 Chiv, 100 Healing, 120 Resist, 100 Tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

why put 120 points for lightning strike? is it really worth it?
I have the same set up but with med instead of bushy

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

100 STR, 115 DEX, 40 INT

[/ QUOTE ]

why put 120 points for lightning strike? is it really worth it?
I have the same set up but with med instead of bushy

[/ QUOTE ]

because that person really has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. especially since said person states that as ultimate PVM warrior which is just funny as [censored]. i mean really how can it be ultimate when you cant stand toe to toe? please someone answer that question.