• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To JSV and all the other talentless people in that alliance of losers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

i think JSV is ok, i don't mind a gank from them. If they can field in the numbers then power to 'em. The thing i dont like is having the numbers and still using tamers. Getting dismounted is no biggie. Cause you know if you get attacked by 4 JSV allies, your gonna try and run. So its only common sence to dismount your victim and kill him/her. But the use of tamers in pvp is beyond lame. If they could just not use tamers that would be great. I'de love to fight them over and over even if im ganked. Cause hey, if they can recruit the numbers why not use em. But tamers are crappy, always will be in my eyes. Damn those tamers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on break moving in real for a while and keeping up with you all on my husband's computer but I had to respond to this rant...

I'm loving it...

Dismount is a great tool imo and lots of fun with the bola... It is not easy to do and requires timing and luck because the person to be dismounted is sometimes aware there is a trap being set before he falls into it and takes evasive action..

Dismount in itself is not the problem... even with the stealth archer...IT IS THE PETS... and last time I posted this old complaint of mine, I was accused of crying, whinnning etc... so yea for everyone singing my blues... wooohooo...

I'm loving it.

It is the tamers with their choice of using monsters to control a fight with extreme power, that is running our good pvpers off Siege... And all their rationale means nothing next to this truth. In their selfishness of not caring, they are responsible for the further distruction of Siege....

I

imported_Death of Hemp

I don't really think dismount needs to go. I just think it's really hard to make an argument in favor of the way it is now. I simply think they need to do away with the timer.
#1) You have to sacrifice an entire skill to run animal form.

#2) You can still keep people from remounting, it just takes a little more skill. Animal form is a spell and can be interupted in a hundred different ways. Plus, I do like the fact that you can dismount people out of animal form.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

i think JSV is ok, i don't mind a gank from them. If they can field in the numbers then power to 'em. The thing i dont like is having the numbers and still using tamers. Getting dismounted is no biggie. Cause you know if you get attacked by 4 JSV allies, your gonna try and run. So its only common sence to dismount your victim and kill him/her. But the use of tamers in pvp is beyond lame. If they could just not use tamers that would be great. I'de love to fight them over and over even if im ganked. Cause hey, if they can recruit the numbers why not use em. But tamers are crappy, always will be in my eyes. Damn those tamers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on break moving in real for a while and keeping up with you all on my husband's computer but I had to respond to this rant...

I'm loving it...

Dismount is a great tool imo and lots of fun with the bola... It is not easy to do and requires timing and luck because the person to be dismounted is sometimes aware there is a trap being set before he falls into it and takes evasive action..

Dismount in itself is not the problem... even with the stealth archer...IT IS THE PETS... and last time I posted this old complaint of mine, I was accused of crying, whinnning etc... so yea for everyone singing my blues... wooohooo...

I'm loving it.

It is the tamers with their choice of using monsters to control a fight with extreme power, that is running our good pvpers off Siege... And all their rationale means nothing next to this truth. In their selfishness of not caring, they are responsible for the further distruction of Siege....

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I dont think any template should be excluded from pvp. I used to get attacked a lot while farming with my tamer and I think I should have a good chance of defending myself. I'm afraid that major changes to pets would leave farming tamers defenseless.

That said, I think the problem is not the pets as much as the pet balls. If you can at least see the pet, you can deal with it. However, when you cant see the pets or the dismounter - that is a problem. Being on foot and then having a pet come out of nowhere and then attack you - thats a problem.

But blaming JSV (or any guild) for using the game the way it is currently designed is just stupid. For years now, some players have always done whatever they can to win. VMP, OTF, EVO were especially known for this. They used to brag that they used any means necessary to win. Now, JSV is using tactics thats lets them win and the biggest whiners are the same ones that had that "win at any means mentality". Hypocrits....they cant stand that the good guys are organizing and fighting back against the PK's. It was their tactics that caused all these people to ally and fight back.

*edit* - This was not directed at you Magnolia, just the whiners in general.

I

imported_mo'gluk

well you know its okay for some people to do all they can to win but others can't....

but then again I tend to fall on the non-tamer side of the equation. I see no problem taht they do it, I just would like to see them alter the aspect of taming to bring it more in line with other skills....

I

imported_Magnolia

Respectfully, that is the same rationale I've been hearing since Waka started using the pets to jump inside houses and all kill... It was the reason that VmP shut down their open house policy to allow fighting inside at their fort... But... the same kind of mentality that uses excuses to do what they want to do to win reguardless... still STILL hurts this game and drive off players that we can't afford to loose... Quit with the excuses and start looking at the reality... WE ARE LOOSING PVPERS ON THIS SHARD THAT WAS MEANT TO BE A PVPING SHARD because of too many players using monsters to pvp with...

Stop with the ... well you did this so it gives me the right to do that... mentality... stop and see the reality... Good god... go look around at this empty shard and tell me it is ok to continue with excuses..

Respectfully I think you believe what you say... but it is a cause and affect situation and it is a negative one...

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Hypocrits....they cant stand that the good guys are organizing

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know good guys packet pushed causing extreme lag in the best case, game crash in the worst. I didn't know good guys noto pked. I didn't know good guys used some cheap trick to move pets into secure houses.
<blockquote><hr>

and fighting back against the PK's.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. And your guild isn't full of pks? Just because you are blue doesn't make you innocent. I went red killing notos that hostiled my alliance. I get more counts killing notos(you) that heal oranges(jsv).
I think you should go grey for healing/ressing an orange.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Respectfully, that is the same rationale I've been hearing since Waka started using the pets to jump inside houses and all kill... It was the reason that VmP shut down their open house policy to allow fighting inside at their fort... But... the same kind of mentality that uses excuses to do what they want to do to win reguardless... still STILL hurts this game and drive off players that we can't afford to loose... Quit with the excuses and start looking at the reality... WE ARE LOOSING PVPERS ON THIS SHARD THAT WAS MEANT TO BE A PVPING SHARD because of too many players using monsters to pvp with...

Stop with the ... well you did this so it gives me the right to do that... mentality... stop and see the reality... Good god... go look around at this empty shard and tell me it is ok to continue with excuses..

Respectfully I think you believe what you say... but it is a cause and affect situation and it is a negative one...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, except that the majority of the people we are loosing we can do without anyway. I would rather have less people of higher quality.

If you are the original Magnolia from VMP, I always had good respect for you. You were one of the people it was a shame to lose.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, except that the majority of the people we are loosing we can do without anyway. I would rather have less people of higher quality.

If you are the original Magnolia from VMP, I always had good respect for you. You were one of the people it was a shame to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you were a shame to lose to me? hahah... well i remember fighting you and I enjoyed it...

I enjoyed fighting all your guild... and I miss it...

To be honest with you... I don't want to see anyone, good or bad leaving, because I don't like this empty shard..

Don't want to see those that have hacked or been a part of a stolen item ebay scam or trashed talker.. or etc etc... leave because it affect siege population and we can't aford it...

We have to do something positive to counter this leaving...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hypocrits....they cant stand that the good guys are organizing

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know good guys packet pushed causing extreme lag in the best case, game crash in the worst. I didn't know good guys noto pked. I didn't know good guys used some cheap trick to move pets into secure houses.
<blockquote><hr>

and fighting back against the PK's.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. And your guild isn't full of pks? Just because you are blue doesn't make you innocent. I went red killing notos that hostiled my alliance. I get more counts killing notos(you) that heal oranges(jsv).

[/ QUOTE ]

My guild (Gilfane) has zero PK's in it. As far as packet pushing, I dont think anyone in the alliance even knows how to do that. As far as pets, that is no trick, sometimes you get lucky and they go in. Its nothing more than luck, trust me. No one in the alliance uses programs if thats what you think. I know this because I know how to do it and still no one does it.

I have 1 blue and 2 reds. My reds also went red from killing noto's both when I was in KSS, and now that your alliance uses blues. Your alliance was attacked because of the people you let in. You let in the PK's. Neither JSV nor any others in the alliance have a history of killing NEWs, raiding peoples spawns (other than known PK's when they are spawning), or killing INNOCENT blues. Can you say the same about people in your alliance? If your definition of a PK is someone who kills blues, then yeah. But if your definition is that of an intelligent person, meaning that a PK is someone who kills INNOCENT blues, then I can safely say that we are not PKs.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

To be honest with you... I don't want to see anyone, good or bad leaving, because I don't like this empty shard..

Don't want to see those that have hacked or been a part of a stolen item ebay scam or trashed talker.. or etc etc... leave because it affect siege population and we can't aford it...

[/ QUOTE ]
This quote separates the mature Siege players from the trash.
Thank you. If only more people shared your opinion.
I have only once supported someone leaving Siege. We need as many players as we can get/keep. There is a difference between [trash talking and pking and griefing] and [wanting people to leave the game]. I don't want anyone to stop playing...

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol you were a shame to lose to me? hahah... well i remember fighting you and I enjoyed it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that, the days of KSS vs VMP were a blast. I used to hate fighting you and that damn poisoning you had. I think I spent more time curing than fighting.
You were never afraid to solo and often charged in greatly outnumbered. I always thought you would have been a good knight - charging when you should retreat.

As far as countering the leaving, its gonna take major changes. I'm not against changing tamers in pvp. I just dont want to see them left defenseless. For a short time, EA made a change that was killing tamers ability to even defend themselves. Monster ignore worked on pets, and on top of that, they were in the process of making a potion that would take the pet out of the fight (confusion pots). Fortunately, they realized that altho this fixes pets in pvp, it also makes them unable to defend - and thats just not acceptable. The only thing I can think of that wont cripple them is to take away pet balls.

I

imported_obNOXious

I don't exactly know who to respond to in this thread, so I thought I should take it from the top...
Everyone who is a veteran of UO knows that "pvp balance" has always been a hot topic. I don't know if anyone else has seen the correlation, but the pattern seems to be; complaints...attempt at changes to bring balance...then more complaints.
True balance seems to come from adaptation,new strategy and change in playstyle, which is easier now that we have soulstones.
When i am in a pvm state of mind (which is most of the time), and when I am in a pvp state of mind I run different templates. This is my way of adaptation. I get killed A LOT in pvp, but I learn as I go.
If your adaptation involves a skill change, do it and let the slaughter begin.

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol, time for me to get the video camera out again. When I link to a video of jsv pking my unmarked character, will you come to my house and apologize to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, unlike some people, I am not above apologizing when I'm wrong. The only problem is your going to have to prove to me that they did not know it was your alt because I have killed many blues who I know to be an alt of a PK. If its a current video of someone in the alliance PK'ing an innocent person, I will apologize at your house and here publicly.

However, I notice that you make no mention of the PK's in your guild. No attempt to deny it, you simply ignore that comment that you know is true. So don't pretend that we are the evil alliance here. Myth/AO/TnT/TnA were not targets (except for faction stuff, and even then it was friendly and usually no looting) until you let in the PK's. How did you expect to be treated when harboring PK's? Heck, Myth even used to be in the WC alliance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
This quote separates the mature Siege players from the trash.
Thank you. If only more people shared your opinion.
I have only once supported someone leaving Siege. We need as many players as we can get/keep. There is a difference between [trash talking and pking and griefing] and [wanting people to leave the game]. I don't want anyone to stop playing...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with the trash-talking, pking, or even the griefing people in this game. Just the hackers, scammers, and cheaters. If you have no problem with these people, then you are a mal-adjusted individual.

Maybe you were not around for people like Darth and Yoda, who laughed and made jokes about a player who died in real life. Interrupted ceremonies honoring his death with rude comments. People like that, we can do without. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't around.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that, the days of KSS vs VMP were a blast. I used to hate fighting you and that damn poisoning you had. I think I spent more time curing than fighting.
You were never afraid to solo and often charged in greatly outnumbered. I always thought you would have been a good knight - charging when you should retreat.

As far as countering the leaving, its gonna take major changes. I'm not against changing tamers in pvp. I just dont want to see them left defenseless. For a short time, EA made a change that was killing tamers ability to even defend themselves. Monster ignore worked on pets, and on top of that, they were in the process of making a potion that would take the pet out of the fight (confusion pots). Fortunately, they realized that altho this fixes pets in pvp, it also makes them unable to defend - and thats just not acceptable. The only thing I can think of that wont cripple them is to take away pet balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like with the over-powering archers a while back... whole guilds became archers and it was impossible to fight with much hope of success... now there are too many tamers using the same kind of advantage... It hurt us then and this is hurting us now in driving off siege players.. It is sad that we lack the strength to make wise decisions for the health of our shard and instead depend on the restrictions of game mechanics.

I

imported_mo'gluk

I know of many instances where an unmarked player hs been taken down.... usually its something you here in vent " ......... is this player friend or foe..." if we hear foe from anyoen that char is attacked... I know atht this is mainly from JSV as we are predominately the PvP group in the alliance.But I can also tell you that when we realize taht we have just pk'd some poor schmoe we have sat around and waited for taht guy to get rezz'd or shown up again) so taht we can give his stuff back... their may be a few people who will "pk" (whom we usually give a hard time to and encourage them not to) but by and large its not a pk group I would love to hear stories of the pk'ing taht the jsv group does in comparison to what other groups have done.... its one of the reasons I am with them and not others..I detest pk'ing....at least to pk them and take their stuff... I like fighting I am just not a looter

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just like with the over-powering archers a while back... whole guilds became archers and it was impossible to fight with much hope of success... now there are too many tamers using the same kind of advantage... It hurt us then and this is hurting us now in driving off siege players.. It is sad that we lack the strength to make wise decisions for the health of our shard and instead depend on the restrictions of game mechanics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you and I wish that could happen. But it doesnt. You and I can make all the wise decisions in the world. I dont even pvp with my tamer. But that is my decision. Other people will do it. I pay 10 bucks times 4 accounts and I am not going to count on people to do the right thing. Its not gonna happen. So, I do what I can to enjoy my time playing. If it means changing my template to adjust, then I do so. But I don't whine about it. I die as much as anyone on this shard. I play the game on dial-up, knowing that it puts me at a severe disadvantage. But I still play and dont make excuses or cry about templates when I do.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

However, I notice that you make no mention of the PK's in your guild. No attempt to deny it, you simply ignore that comment that you know is true.

[/ QUOTE ]correct. Would you like me to start making statements confirming everything that is true in your posts? I figured there was no reason for me to confirm a fact, but if you'd like me to start doing so, I can.
<blockquote><hr>

So don't pretend that we are the evil alliance here.

[/ QUOTE ]ha
<blockquote><hr>

Myth/AO/TnT/TnA were not targets (except for faction stuff, and even then it was friendly and usually no looting) until you let in the PK's.

[/ QUOTE ]
And when was this? tell me please. There were pks in TnA/AO before I joined, which was... 4 months ago? Maybe someone with a longer history in TnA/AO can tell me when the first person in the alliance PKed someone.
<blockquote><hr>

How did you expect to be treated when harboring PK's? Heck, Myth even used to be in the WC alliance.

[/ QUOTE ]To the best of my knowledge we don't have a single red in myth. I may be wrong tho, but I think im right.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Myth/AO/TnT/TnA were not targets (except for faction stuff, and even then it was friendly and usually no looting) until you let in the PK's. How did you expect to be treated when harboring PK's? Heck, Myth even used to be in the WC alliance.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have always had PK's in TnT/TnA. So has JSV. Why the holier than thou attitude all of a sudden?

G

Goodah

<blockquote><hr>

I get more counts killing notos(you) that heal oranges(jsv).

[/ QUOTE ]

erm what are you smoking?

I

imported_Magnolia

It's a fact that history repeats itself and there is not much hope in people getting beyond their own interest ... So I do agree with you ...

What will be will be, but, I'm passionate and don't give up easy.

I'm a (wo)man of my convictions
Call me wrong
Call me right
But I bring my better (deamons)angels to every fight.
You may not like where I'm goin'
But you sure know where I stand
Hate me if you want to
Love me if you can

Toby Keith's lyrics made evil by Magnolia

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

...or killing INNOCENT blues. Can you say the same about people in your alliance? If your definition of a PK is someone who kills blues, then yeah. But if your definition is that of an intelligent person, meaning that a PK is someone who kills INNOCENT blues, then I can safely say that we are not PKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been pked by many reds/blues in your alliance, specifically jsv. I am definitely an innocent blue...

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

hey Kahlia I know your not innocent

[/ QUOTE ]

In the game I am...

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

hey Kahlia I know your not innocent

[/ QUOTE ]

In the game I am...

[/ QUOTE ]get a room!

G

TTL: I had to respond to this comment...

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't know good guys used some cheap trick to move pets into secure houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite sure who it is that posted this, but they seriously need to learn game mechanics. Some trick that is, spam "all kill" on someone the pet has LoS on and it will eventually teleport. Build your houses better and this wont be a problem. Oh wait, you need LoS to fire spells *outside* the house on people...

For people to infer this is some kind of exploit truly shows their ignorance of game mechanics.

M

majorwoo

<blockquote><hr>

TTL: I had to respond to this comment...

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't know good guys used some cheap trick to move pets into secure houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite sure who it is that posted this, but they seriously need to learn game mechanics. Some trick that is, spam "all kill" on someone the pet has LoS on and it will eventually teleport. Build your houses better and this wont be a problem. Oh wait, you need LoS to fire spells *outside* the house on people...

For people to infer this is some kind of exploit truly shows their ignorance of game mechanics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, folks have paged on others and they've been banned for getting pets into houses (granted by another method, but not one that I consider any more difficult to figure out them just spamming till they teleport).

Anyway, I'm just saying it's probably a bug as they are probably not supposed to get in the house.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

INot quite sure who it is that posted this, but they seriously need to learn game mechanics. Some trick that is, spam "all kill" on someone the pet has LoS on and it will eventually teleport.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you are trying to claim that it is game mechanics for a pet to get into a private house? Are you serious? I think YOU are the one ignorant of game mechanics.
Shall I send in a tech incident asking if its supposed to happen?
1 million gold says its a bug and NOT game mechanics. Want to take me up on this bet? I let all people that read this be witness to my offer of a 1 million gold bet.
If the GMs respond that pets are not supposed to be able to get into private houses, by spamming all kill, you pay me 1 million gold. If the GM responds that the game is designed to let pets into a house by spamming all kill, I pay you 1 million. sound good to you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So you are trying to claim that it is game mechanics for a pet to get into a private house? Are you serious? I think YOU are the one ignorant of game mechanics.
Shall I send in a tech incident asking if its supposed to happen?
1 million gold says its a bug and NOT game mechanics. Want to take me up on this bet? I let all people that read this be witness to my offer of a 1 million gold bet.
If the GMs respond that pets are not supposed to be able to get into private houses, by spamming all kill, you pay me 1 million gold. If the GM responds that the game is designed to let pets into a house by spamming all kill, I pay you 1 million. sound good to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering I know more about this game than any GM currently on payroll, I'll pass.

I

imported_Goron

lol. Right.
Way to get back in your place kiddo.
--
Just because something is POSSIBLE without 3rd party programs does not make it a game mechanic. Game mechanics are intentional. All dupes have been done without third party software, does that make them game mechanics? scamming is done without third party software, is scamming game mechanics?
Bugs are not game mechanics buddy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Way to get back in your place kiddo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you don't even know who you're talking to. I've been a beta tester for *every* one of UO's expansions, not to mention the original product. I've most likely reported more bugs than you've ever complained about. I've been there, done that, and got the friggin T-shirt. I've had more devs bounce ideas (for UO, and for Siege alone) off of me than you can probably name. GM Treefrog used to be my neighbor. My Gypsy's Headdress was used as the example to code the unblessing by. I played chess (and lost horribly) against devs. I've spit pinto beans at Hanse. I drank Wilki's godawful homebrewed beer. I kissed Cynthe under the mistletoe. Raph phears me. I was Sunswords page. I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't need to define "bug" "exploit" or "game mechanics" to me.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I've been round and round about this already, because you see, I've been (wrongly) banned for it. GM DipsyDoodle (&lt;--not real GM name, duh) decided I had used some kind of "hack" to do it and banned me. The next day, I personally demonstrated the manuever to no less than three devs and guess what? They laughed their asses off and had my account unbanned.

I'm still trying to figure out what the "cheap trick" is that allows it to be done, lol..."all kill" *teleport* OoOoO.

Build a better house, or live in a rat trap, matters not to me

G

<blockquote><hr>

Game mechanics are intentional.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

All kidding aside (my previous post, lol) I guess I should help you clarify. Are you saying that teleporting pets are a bug? Wow...

G

Goodah

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well he thinks non-faction blues can heal and rez faction oranges so go figure?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no, i said i think they should go grey for it.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]o, i see what u sayin now.
Well, believe me or not, I meant to say "help".
I am orange, been orange since i left new, so i am very familiar with having to wait for faction member to come for a res.

M

majorwoo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

All kidding aside (my previous post, lol) I guess I should help you clarify. Are you saying that teleporting pets are a bug? Wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pets teleporting after someone running away - intentional.

Pets teleporting into a private house - bug.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I am saying pets teleporting into a private house is a bug.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you can produce a design doc, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

G

Goodah

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A non-faction character cannot heal a faction character.
A non-faction character cannot rez a faction character.
How can someone go grey for something they can't do in the first place?
What part of this don't you get?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But according to you, you know more than any GM on payroll, so a design doc shouldn't make any difference.
Or, do you want to take me up on my bet?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone that can heal/rez/cure someone that is orange to you, is um, yeah...orange to you as well. And you're trying to teach me game mechanics? Sheesh.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone that can heal/rez/cure someone that is orange to you, is um, yeah...orange to you as well. And you're trying to teach me game mechanics? Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]and i already admitted to making a mistype. I'm not too good to make mistakes now and then.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the selected comment should read as follows:

"I think you should go grey for helping/ressing an orange."

Nice backpedal, artfully done, but it still shows you need to go to the back of the class on the subject of game mechanics, Bubba.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pets teleporting after someone running away - intentional.

Pets teleporting into a private house - bug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, design doc? Pets teleport on to boats. Bug? Pets teleport on to walls. Bug? Pets can even teleport up mountains. Still a bug?

Who made the players authority on what is and isn't a bug? Until I see it addressed by a dev (and in a way, I have, but noone here will listen) the point is moot.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice backpedal, artfully done, but it still shows you need to go to the back of the class on the subject of game mechanics, Bubba.

[/ QUOTE ]
you can knock on my typing errors all you want, but my bet is still open.
We can have mo or one of the other mods ask the question to the devs, i'd say kelmo, but i have a feeling you'd call shananagins when I win since he in my alliance.
If you are so right on this question, why dont you let me ask it and win a million gold? Or why dont u listen to woo, who even says its a bug twice in this thread...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But according to you, you know more than any GM on payroll, so a design doc shouldn't make any difference.
Or, do you want to take me up on my bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, dude, GM's don't design the rules, they enforce them. The problem is, they don't know what the rules are! The developers do!

Definite miscommunications between the two

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We can have mo or one of the other mods ask the question to the devs, i'd say kelmo, but i have a feeling you'd call shananagins when I win since he in my alliance.
If you are so right on this question, why dont you let me ask it and win a million gold? Or why dont u listen to woo, who even says its a bug twice in this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you ask Kelmo who has more communication with devs, myself or him. I have a feeling he already knows

As for Majorwoo, I don't know the guy. Mod shields do not make you an authority on UO, however.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you ask Kelmo who has more communication with devs, myself or him. I have a feeling he already knows

As for Majorwoo, I don't know the guy. Mod shields do not make you an authority on UO, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok then mr. connections:
Why don't you ask your best buds (the devs) the question...
Ask them if pets are supposed to be able to get into a private house.
Then report back here, or to me in a pm with the answer and which dev gave the answer (so I can verify). The bet still stands.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok then mr. connections:
Then report back here, or to me in a pm with the answer and which dev gave the answer (so I can verify). The bet still stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a better idea.

Why don't you just keep on bashing away at your keyboard in a vain attempt to prove me wrong, and I'll just take my wife her lunch. You seem to have more vested interest in this subject than I do.

As for your bet, stick it. I know I'm right in saying that it has never been stated to be a bug by any member of the dev team. I've been unbanned by same dev team after being banned for the action. You however, want a concrete, set in stone statement, which is never going to happen. You obviously don't know how the PR machine works at EAGames. Feel free to mistakenly believe I accepted your silly little wager, though, and feel free to call me out on it at any time

Seeyas!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok then mr. connections:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a better idea.

Why don't you just keep on bashing away at your keyboard in a vain attempt to prove me wrong, and I'll just take my wife her lunch. You seem to have more vested interest in this subject than I do.

As for your bet, stick it. I know I'm right in saying that it has never been stated to be a bug by any member of the dev team. I've been unbanned by same dev team after being banned for the action. You however, want a concrete, set in stone statement, which is never going to happen. You obviously don't know how the PR machine works at EAGames. Feel free to mistakenly believe I accepted your silly little wager, though, and feel free to call me out on it at any time

Seeyas!

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would I believe you accepted the wager? You know you are wrong, thus I know you won't accept it. Don't worry, I never thought you would take me up on it, a good thing too, cuz I'd have to buy a mill gold if I lost cuz I cant afford to pay right now. Thanks for humoring me this afternoon by talking tough, but standing down once I ask you to act. So, I'll end my offer at the bet now and ask if you would be kind enough to ask your dev connections the question anyways, just so I know. I promise I won't rub it in your face if they say its a bug, and I promise to let you rub it in my face if they say its intentional.

Please, help a fellow sieger out and ask the devs?
I'll try to get one to answer, but I am not drinking buds with them so it may be hard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.