To JSV and all the other talentless people in that alliance of losers ...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Let's have this topic be changed to...

"What is wrong with dismount?"

Is it because dismount is usually followed by a gank, or because you (not you, but in general) can't run away from the fight?

I'm just curious.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

This topic never seems to get old... It is why I avoid Luna

[/ QUOTE ]
It about to get ancient!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

M

Masumatek

I think dismount is primarily a tool of the gank squad and way too much power to them, where it is absolutely not needed as they already have powers in number. I think dismounted should be removed from the game, or no one allowed on mounts at all. One versus one, dismount can also be a problem versus ninja since they have the incredible advantage of animal form while you're stuck on normal foot speeds.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Try and kill someone without using a pet or dismount.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you offering a method? If so then please tell!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure,
step 1) cast a spell
step 2) target enemy
repeat steps 1 and 2 as neccessary.

(step one can also be replaces with enter combat mode for melee characters)

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I think dismount is primarily a tool of the gank squad and way too much power to them, where it is absolutely not needed as they already have powers in number. I think dismounted should be removed from the game, or no one allowed on mounts at all. One versus one, dismount can also be a problem versus ninja since they have the incredible advantage of animal form while you're stuck on normal foot speeds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Still people want to undermine other peoples strategies. Stop harming me.
*snearing*
Yahaxithonix

N

Nerf-Herder

I actually did see a mage running with them last night. First time I've seen that in, well... hmmmmmmm.

Oh, IBTL!

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure,
step 1) cast a spell
step 2) target enemy

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do that if Rune Beetles kills you by step 2 and no repeat occurs?
Why choose an inferior strategy?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure,
step 1) cast a spell
step 2) target enemy

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
hey sweetie pie, I just answered your question. I never said which way killed faster or better or cooler. I just answered your question.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure,
step 1) cast a spell
step 2) target enemy

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
hey sweetie pie, I just answered your question. I never said which way killed faster or better or cooler. I just answered your question.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you want people to do stupid strategies so you can win? How lame!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

Dismount has 2 major flaws

1. It can be done from complete hidden characters. I just DON'T see how any person no matter would good their skills can just appear out of nowhere shooting a dismounting weapon. It makes no sense.

2. Its instant. No delay like a bola plus bolas at least reveal you, warn the people around, and makes your weapon drop for a little bit. I just think it was obvious when bolas were first invented that dismounting was very powerful in PVP and needed a backdraw to it.

I think dismount shot SHOULD NOT be able to be used while invisible, and should have to wait 3 seconds after becoming visible to start a dismount, along with that i also think dismounting someone should be a 2 shot process within a given time period say, 15-20 seconds. It would be something like this

stealther see's a target, he attacks him and shoots him once with an arrow with dismount shot toggled, it will say to the person who got shot "You have been struck with an arrow in the leg and are having troubles riding your mount"

Then if the archer hits the person again within the time allowed it will say to the person who got hit "you have been struck with a second arrow in the shoulder and lose hold of your reigns"

Then from that point, it takes 5-10 seconds before you actually get dismounted.

I figure if it was like this, in a VERY hectic fight where people are scrambling around like mad it would be easy for archers to stand somewhere and get 2 shots off on a person. Might even be able to do it just from popping out on them, but AT least you'd have to be visible for a second before starting it.

It would also stop most of the miserable ganking where a bunch of stealthers all stand around each other,and when someone gets dismounted that when a few hundred guys+pets all come from hiding and gank him just to wait for the next guy to get dismounted out of nowhere before showing again.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure,
step 1) cast a spell
step 2) target enemy

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you want people to do stupid strategies so you can win? How lame!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Once again, all I did was answer your question. you asked how it spossible to kill without tame/dismount. I answered.Keep putting words in my mouth.

Verum Julos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 15, 2007
plop plop fiz fiz ohh what a relief it is . take your ball and go home allready

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

plop plop fiz fiz ohh what a relief it is . take your ball and go home allready

[/ QUOTE ]

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Dismount has 2 major flaws

1. It can be done from complete hidden characters. I just DON'T see how any person no matter would good their skills can just appear out of nowhere shooting a dismounting weapon. It makes no sense.

2. Its instant. No delay like a bola plus bolas at least reveal you, warn the people around, and makes your weapon drop for a little bit. I just think it was obvious when bolas were first invented that dismounting was very powerful in PVP and needed a backdraw to it.

I think dismount shot SHOULD NOT be able to be used while invisible, and should have to wait 3 seconds after becoming visible to start a dismount, along with that i also think dismounting someone should be a 2 shot process within a given time period say, 15-20 seconds. It would be something like this

stealther see's a target, he attacks him and shoots him once with an arrow with dismount shot toggled, it will say to the person who got shot "You have been struck with an arrow in the leg and are having troubles riding your mount"

Then if the archer hits the person again within the time allowed it will say to the person who got hit "you have been struck with a second arrow in the shoulder and lose hold of your reigns"

Then from that point, it takes 5-10 seconds before you actually get dismounted.

I figure if it was like this, in a VERY hectic fight where people are scrambling around like mad it would be easy for archers to stand somewhere and get 2 shots off on a person. Might even be able to do it just from popping out on them, but AT least you'd have to be visible for a second before starting it.

It would also stop most of the miserable ganking where a bunch of stealthers all stand around each other,and when someone gets dismounted that when a few hundred guys+pets all come from hiding and gank him just to wait for the next guy to get dismounted out of nowhere before showing again.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are actually some fairly good points.

G

You pretty much have to dismount when everyone runs like hell off screen. It's not so much that dismount is required. Its more that it keeps people from running into houses or guard zones.

I

imported_mo'gluk

I can actually see some of this, I like the no using of dismount shot while stealthed.... I would like to take it a step further that an use of special uses a ramp up time... poison comes to mind... or just make it that no specials can be used while stealthing ...essentially make it a non spell/special movement.. and of course add taht you cannot controll pets from a stealth postion (what I mean is to change the pet commands from verbal uses for combat pets to actual specials/spells which then could be effected by other sources...

G

thats right JSV has the only dismounter on Siege. KOC and TNA is all mages and fighters. Its cool to read all the JSV posts we all feel so loved thank you...

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

thats right JSV has the only dismounter on Siege. KOC and TNA is all mages and fighters. Its cool to read all the JSV posts we all feel so loved thank you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe i missed something but i didnt see a mention of JSV in my post.... are you on something making you hallucinate by chance? Ah well, you just failed board pvp 101, but hey, even demented people have their place on these forums i spose *shrugs*

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure,
step 1) cast a spell
step 2) target enemy

[/ QUOTE ]
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point as far as using the best strategy available, but it doesn't mean that we have to accept having one template being unbalanced. We have at least two choices;

#1) Come up with a solution that balances templates so that all the other skills are still viable (try and keep pvp temps as close to rock/paper/scissors as possible). You remember evasion and nerve strike don't you?

#2) Rename the game Tamer Wars.

T

TeleV

WOW Verum......your guild alliance has all the numbers, dismounters, and tamers; and this gives you balls to come and post on forum like you have any skills whatsoever on Siege.

Tell me when was the last time you played a template that required skills? Oh yea, you tried to play a necro but got your ass handed to you many of times. You have NO skill and will never have skill.

Now with all your numbers and stealther, I guess now, you feel like you have the right to post on boards, hehe. I've always thought you was funny.

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

Let's have this topic be changed to...

"What is wrong with dismount?"

Is it because dismount is usually followed by a gank, or because you (not you, but in general) can't run away from the fight?

I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking at it from a similar, but opposite standpoint. What is right about dismount? Why do people need to dismount me while stealthin with bet balls in order to kill me? I dare ANYONE to give me a logical reason as to why dismount is necessary. Especially when beetles cast from four screens away.

I think they should have never added the timer. Dismount was already balanced with ninjitsu. Isn't it enough that I have to use an entire skill just so I can have animal form? Beleive me, I wish I could run scribe all the time instead of ninja, but dismounting is SO overpowered that I sacrifice 120 skill points for just one spell. Some genius apparently thought that was not enough of a sacrifice so they even had to make that ineffective with the stupid timer?

Take the timer out!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe i missed something but i didnt see a mention of JSV in my post.... are you on something making you hallucinate by chance? Ah well, you just failed board pvp 101, but hey, even demented people have their place on these forums i spose *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the title of your post

G

<blockquote><hr>

WOW Verum......your guild alliance has all the numbers, dismounters, and tamers; and this gives you balls to come and post on forum like you have any skills whatsoever on Siege.

Tell me when was the last time you played a template that required skills? Oh yea, you tried to play a necro but got your ass handed to you many of times. You have NO skill and will never have skill.

Now with all your numbers and stealther, I guess now, you feel like you have the right to post on boards, hehe. I've always thought you was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow were you another victum of V last night is that why your crying on the boards about him. He has the 3rd highest kill points on Siege. Must be because he is a dismounting tamer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow were you another victum of V last night is that why your crying on the boards about him. He has the 3rd highest kill points on Siege. Must be because he is a dismounting tamer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or because he is always in the company of dismoutners and tamers. That bokuto is fast. Pets taking 7/8th of one's life then a few bokuto strikes would get some easy kills.

T

TeleV

That only shows the ignorance of most JSV. They think bragging about kill points means something. Maybe it would if they earned it.

But, they think stealthing, dismounting, and "all kill" with nerve strikes is PVP skills.

JSV wouldn't even last on the field even with their gimp templates if it wasn't for having the amount of alliance they have. They had over 20 members on last night with 5 tamers, and rest stealthers. That is definitely some skills they running.

Keep up the good work JSV, someday, maybe you will learn to PVP.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I understand your point as far as using the best strategy available, but it doesn't mean that we have to accept having one template being unbalanced. We have at least two choices;

#1) Come up with a solution that balances templates so that all the other skills are still viable (try and keep pvp temps as close to rock/paper/scissors as possible). You remember evasion and nerve strike don't you?

Edited by Death of Hemp (12/16/07 08:03 AM)
The problem with #1) is that it focuses upon only pvping templates. Even if you
got say three Templates in that narrow saddle point of balance, ever other
possible template is dominated and must go away! Two narrow view of the game.
So, we then call the game paper/scissor/rock template game.
The rest of the players leave the game unless they play a different game within
the game of UO. This is normal in Game Theory practice.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was looking at it from a similar, but opposite standpoint. What is right about dismount? Why do people need to dismount me while stealthin with bet balls in order to kill me? I dare ANYONE to give me a logical reason as to why dismount is necessary. Especially when beetles cast from four screens away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already answered that....it wouldn't be needed if people didnt run to houses and guardzones all the times. As for you, having tried to kill you many times, you run way too fast for me, so unless your dismounted, I have zero chance of killing you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That only shows the ignorance of most JSV. They think bragging about kill points means something. Maybe it would if they earned it.

But, they think stealthing, dismounting, and "all kill" with nerve strikes is PVP skills.

JSV wouldn't even last on the field even with their gimp templates if it wasn't for having the amount of alliance they have. They had over 20 members on last night with 5 tamers, and rest stealthers. That is definitely some skills they running.

Keep up the good work JSV, someday, maybe you will learn to PVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you a stealth archer?

Pot calling the kettle much?

G

I have killed many 1 on 1 just ask Krystal how many times Beorn took her out 1 on 1

T

TeleV

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, like I said.......this only shows how ignorant JSV and allied guilds are.

To your question, NO i'm not a dismounter.

T

TeleV

<blockquote><hr>

so unless your dismounted, I have zero chance of killing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how JSV and allied guilds fight because you have NO SKILLS at PVPing.

Anyone with PVP skill can kill another player in a 1 on 1 fight. You wouldn't know anything about this because you have zero skills.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the title of your post

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG dude, way to fail on the forums, the title of my post is the title of everyone who has responded to this thread, i mean look at the title of your post as well...are you calling your own guild talentless?

G

Monolith:

*slams keyboard down*

*sobs*

*wipes eyes*

*those guys dont play fair*

I

imported_Death of Hemp

<blockquote><hr>

Edited by Death of Hemp (12/16/07 08:03 AM)
The problem with #1) is that it focuses upon only pvping templates. Even if you
got say three Templates in that narrow saddle point of balance, ever other
possible template is dominated and must go away! Two narrow view of the game.
So, we then call the game paper/scissor/rock template game.
The rest of the players leave the game unless they play a different game within
the game of UO. This is normal in Game Theory practice.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just another falacy. You're assuming there are no other choices but balance for pvm or pvp. Is there some reason templates can't be closer in balance for both pvp and pvm? They certainly used to be.

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

I Run Three different Temps, But I run A dismounter more often then wanted, due in part, Im sure Im the only one KoC really has, when I was In VmP then Otf, there was some good PvP fights, and when someone got dismounted, I remember alot of the mages we had ie...Wrym,Righty,Scorn,and I think Mono also use to be able to keep any dismounted people alive for a long time, with GH heals Invis and such. It wasnt that much of a problem, but with tammers, and I mean the cheap ass crap the verumn crew pulls, like running in the midst of twenty tammers and calling that tactics...the fact remains, you take JsV tammers outta the mix, they cant win, because we know they cant run mages, so there screwed, by there own templates they show they cant PvP. Listen to how they talk, its easy to spot. I believe that JsV has alot to do with destroying SP's PvP that it use to be, and there cowardly alliance's, If Im wrong on this view lemme know!
I remember it being good before There "Tactics" showed up!

Low Fat Cupcakes 4 U!

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Pvm strategies are after-thoughts these days...
Well, keep playing PvP...
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

P

pikon198

i think JSV is ok, i don't mind a gank from them. If they can field in the numbers then power to 'em. The thing i dont like is having the numbers and still using tamers. Getting dismounted is no biggie. Cause you know if you get attacked by 4 JSV allies, your gonna try and run. So its only common sence to dismount your victim and kill him/her. But the use of tamers in pvp is beyond lame. If they could just not use tamers that would be great. I'de love to fight them over and over even if im ganked. Cause hey, if they can recruit the numbers why not use em. But tamers are crappy, always will be in my eyes. Damn those tamers...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, like I said.......this only shows how ignorant JSV and allied guilds are.

To your question, NO i'm not a dismounter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you can't read...I said stealth archer, not dismounter. And yea, you are cause you dismounted me just the otehr day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

so unless your dismounted, I have zero chance of killing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how JSV and allied guilds fight because you have NO SKILLS at PVPing.

Anyone with PVP skill can kill another player in a 1 on 1 fight. You wouldn't know anything about this because you have zero skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

And again, you can't read. I said I cant kill Death because he runs too fast. I didn't say I can't kill anyone 1 on 1. I have killed many people 1 on 1. However, there are many people I can't kill since I play on dial-up. Mainly people who run, and people who smoke bomb. You know about smoke bombs right? You use them enough to know. Or you wanna pretend your skills are so good that you never smoke, kinda like you pretend you never dismount. Your a stealth archer, if anyone has no room to complain, its you.

Verum Julos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 15, 2007
actually he is running my template now he is infected with the skilless verum disease bahahahahaa go sit and spin mono copy my template again and see if i dont find ya

G

Ya I would have logged out like a pancake 2 If I was you and and Silk was attacking me... you know a real pvper that is not a dismount pancake ...

T

TeleV

Yes....I'm playing the NO skill Verum template. I stay alive alot more especially with all the dismounters and tamers JSV runs.

Adapt and overcome? right?

G

and btw welcome to the neighborhood...

PS. if you want to catch someone gaining skills afk check out my neighbor at my house in Luna
oh wait was that u Asmo?

A

AntiOTF

You guys cry about dismounts, but you better be glad it's not like it was in the old days, when Corwin would dismount you using a lance, while riding his mount, then have his pets rip you to pieces while he ran around in circles casting low lvl spells preventing you from remounting. That was wayyy overpowered, to be able to dismount someone while riding a mount. It was very comical to watch though.

Corwin was a real twinkie, he brought new heights to the no skill tamer era.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes....I'm playing the NO skill Verum template. I stay alive alot more especially with all the dismounters and tamers JSV runs.

Adapt and overcome? right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, i'll give you good credit for adapting then....so, why are you still crying like a school girl? Maybe you got the adapt part, now work on the overcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.