• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To greef A Tamer (Simple fix ) please read.

• Thread starter Catskills Player
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Catskills Player

Hello, Ladies & Gents & hopefully a Higher power (aka developer)

With all of the recent tamers out there saying they have been griefed, It occurred to my how far do some tamer injustice go.

#1 Taming pets. we all have been there. Your taming a beast and see you hard work finally pay off... the Blue Words floating above your beast as you try to not anger it and hope the that Skill of your profession pay off .

A few things usually happen.
most often you Tame the pet...

Or someone else sees that you might get something they want. and they feel a dark idea spawn inside their head, “I know I will attack it and tame it for them or myself”

Or something everyone knows it has happened at one time or another.
"they just kill it"

#2 Why is it that this one seems to happen mostly at spawns and in fel
let me know if you have heard this one before.

A Tamer walks up, and come to join in a spawn or a hunt. there happens to be a bard or Soon after a bard shows up. depending on tram or fel.

Tram A bard is mad at the tamer and area peaces when the tamer attacks to
disrupt the dragons attack. and this makes the tamer Mad because due to this action being repetively done. now the bard has the strongest beast in his back pack. who would have thought it only takes a minimal amount of bard peacing to make someone else have a very bad day.

Fel Taking a dragon or other pet to a gate for some pvp action.

Tell me if you heard this one before...

A bard walks up to a tamer at a gate and sees a big old dragon there. and proceeds to area peace the dragon just to cause a player distress as his mount or pets start to wonder away even thought the tamer has said for his pets to follow him or her ... and the bard area peaces again. and yet the pets wonder off again.

Or this bard also has Discord and is now discording your pets that are blue to you which is and should be considered a direct attack on the tamer pets.
And now the tamer is now under Physical harassment of a bard that he can neither attack nor do anything about.

To end this all here is a simple fix to a problem that has gone on long enough

If a player is taming why there is not a (shield area or time shield) placed on the Creature being tamed... Message "you can not attack that now"
Simple fix...

Bard griefing. When a bard area peaces it should be a shield for the bard alone not an Area effect. (Kind of like Self honor)
then no other players would be affected by bard actions...

Discording a tamers pets in fel (Flag the bard as a direct Aggressor)

Yet there are 3 simple fixes that not 1 person can deny would cause neither harm nor an unfair advantage to anyone if these changes were made...

Please rely back If you Agree Yes this is something you would like to see

Or No because griefing another player is more your style...

Thank you, Catskills Player.

P

Prince Caspian

It is difficult not to think of people monolithiclly. Not every tamer out there is bent on griefing folks.

But I must admit, I have seen many, many times where tamers just help themselves to whatever, without a word. Even if it is obvious you are soloing the monster. All classes do this from time to time, but tamers seem to do it a lot.

I know its my old fashioned thinking, and it may well be, that it is rude to jump into a battle that someone else is soloing. Because it drops the profit for me, and frankly, I feel I risk a hell of a lot more in the combats than simply standing back and mashing a dragon-bandy macro.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

#1 No one owns the spawn or has any right to claim that they do. Tamers and more recently archers in the void are the only people I ever see claiming something is theirs.

#2 a) Bards are defensively weak in fel. b) It takes the bard skill points to use area peace, it takes none for a tamer to press an all kill macro again.

#3 The tamer is there to distress players by putting pets with unrivaled stats/resists/skills/abilities in to pvp situations in which there are no effective counters, least of all while guard zone hugging.
If tamers are being distressed by a bard then as the rules say they should make sure that they have attempted to take themselfs out of the situation.

Your fixes, fix nothing. Tamers are not entitled to their own private taming attempt. Bards use their skills in group situations, your basically saying nerf bards because a tamer has a problem. nfw. I would agree to discord flagging as aggressor if it can be used on players, as well as provoking pets on players/other pets. Otherwise your just asking for an overpowered pet to be given free reign of an area.

"Yet there are 3 simple fixes that not 1 person can deny would cause neither harm nor an unfair advantage to anyone if these changes were made..."
I can deny it and wholeheartedly do, it gives a huge advantage to tamers - the class that already has the most advantages.

"Please rely back If you Agree Yes this is something you would like to see
Or No because griefing another player is more your style... "
Or the third option that tamers grief other people just as much if not more than anything else you've mentioned and the whole thread is void because of it, plus the heaily biased tone.

C

Catskills Player

#1 No one owns the spawn or has any right to claim that they do. Tamers and more recently archers in the void are the only people I ever see claiming something is theirs.

#2 a) Bards are defensively weak in fel. b) It takes the bard skill points to use area peace, it takes none for a tamer to press an all kill macro again.

#3 The tamer is there to distress players by putting pets with unrivaled stats/resists/skills/abilities in to pvp situations in which there are no effective counters, least of all while guard zone hugging.
If tamers are being distressed by a bard then as the rules say they should make sure that they have attempted to take themselfs out of the situation.

Your fixes, fix nothing. Tamers are not entitled to their own private taming attempt. Bards use their skills in group situations, your basically saying nerf bards because a tamer has a problem. nfw. I would agree to discord flagging as aggressor if it can be used on players, as well as provoking pets on players/other pets. Otherwise your just asking for an overpowered pet to be given free reign of an area.

"Yet there are 3 simple fixes that not 1 person can deny would cause neither harm nor an unfair advantage to anyone if these changes were made..."
I can deny it and wholeheartedly do, it gives a huge advantage to tamers - the class that already has the most advantages.

Or the third option that tamers grief other people just as much if not more than anything else you've mentioned and the whole thread is void because of it, plus the heaily biased tone.

#1 your assuming , noone said anything about owning a spawn , Please dont assume .
#2 the bard is discording making the dragon leave controled area of the tamer ..... But you must have missed that also .

#3 So iam a dexer and i can have a Bird ? and you assumed once again 1 tamer aginst 12 Reds Like u wouldnt sit in the guard zone ...

So if you would like to see this fixed please reply yes or no ... And Don't Assume ... Please dont assume this is a Power trip of a class when its NOt .

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"#1 your assuming noone said anything about owning a spwn , I guess you dont read"

I didn't say you did, I'M saying it, as it's a common occurance anywhere with desireable pets. I read your apparent 'problem' & proposed 'fix' your proposed 'fix' was to shut out damage to a monster while taming is in progress which is as good as saying let tamers tame uninterupted even if another player is hunting. - So no that isn't a fix.

"#2 once again you dont read ... the bard is discording making the dragon leafe control area of the tamer ..... But you must have missed that also . "
Discord doesn't make a dragon leave the control of a tamer, it actually increases it. So no, I'm not missing anything - you're just not right in what you're saying.

"#3 So iam a dexer and i can have a Bird ? and you assumed once again 1 tamer aginst 12 Reds Like u wouldnt sit in the guard zone ... "
I didn't say anything about you being a dexxer or what type of pet you had, your assuming theres 12 reds waiting to gank you outside of a guard zone. Simple soloution don't flag on all of them at once.

"So if you would like to see this fixed please reply yes or no ... And Don't Assume ... acuse you think this is a Power trip of a class when its NOt ."
Theres nothing to fix, you just want everything to favour being a tamer, not that that's suprising because most tamers do. Any Assumptions made are based on your biased reasoning.

C

Catskills Player

"#1 your assuming noone said anything about owning a spwn , I guess you dont read"

I didn't say you did, I'M saying it, as it's a common occurance anywhere with desireable pets. I read your apparent 'problem' & proposed 'fix' your proposed 'fix' was to shut out damage to a monster while taming is in progress which is as good as saying let tamers tame uninterupted even if another player is hunting. - So no that isn't a fix.

"#2 once again you dont read ... the bard is discording making the dragon leafe control area of the tamer ..... But you must have missed that also . "
Discord doesn't make a dragon leave the control of a tamer, it actually increases it. So no, I'm not missing anything - you're just not right in what you're saying.

"#3 So iam a dexer and i can have a Bird ? and you assumed once again 1 tamer aginst 12 Reds Like u wouldnt sit in the guard zone ... "
I didn't say anything about you being a dexxer or what type of pet you had, your assuming theres 12 reds waiting to gank you outside of a guard zone. Simple soloution don't flag on all of them at once.

"So if you would like to see this fixed please reply yes or no ... And Don't Assume ... acuse you think this is a Power trip of a class when its NOt ."
Theres nothing to fix, you just want everything to favour being a tamer, not that that's suprising because most tamers do. Any Assumptions made are based on your biased reasoning.
Actualy i would Love to go to fel and sick my dragon on every tram that played a tune without taking a murder count .. but i cant ... But maybe the developers can fix that so were on even PVP grounds ...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"But maybe the developers can fix that so were on even PVP grounds ..."

Maybe you didn't read it but from my first post here it is again:

"I would agree to discord flagging as aggressor if it can be used on players, as well as provoking pets on players/other pets. Otherwise your just asking for an overpowered pet to be given free reign of an area."

You talk about even PvP grounds yet my tambourine doesn't seem to do a breath attack on you for well over half your hp. (or any of the rest of the huge arsenal of crap pets can throw)

Implement bards fully in to pvp to counter pets, or not at all.

C

Catskills Player

"But maybe the developers can fix that so were on even PVP grounds ..."

Maybe you didn't read it but from my first post here it is again:

"I would agree to discord flagging as aggressor if it can be used on players, as well as provoking pets on players/other pets. Otherwise your just asking for an overpowered pet to be given free reign of an area."

You talk about even PvP grounds yet my tambourine doesn't seem to do a breath attack on you for well over half your hp. (or any of the rest of the huge arsenal of crap pets can throw)

Implement bards fully in to pvp to counter pets, or not at all.

Well iF your Bard was ( using a Fixed Area peace ) it would protect u and i wouldnt care cause it wouldnt have a direct effect on my pet wondering off out of my control ...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't have peace on MY bard. A simple press of your all follow me macro is all thats needed to counter your problem, no need to waste development time on something you can fix yourself.

I agree with you though even PvP grounds is the way to go, implement bard skills to the point they can provoke pets on players and other pets and discord the player and pets. Then they can flag grey all anyone likes as it'd be fair. Especially considering the bard skills mostly already have the perfect delay for PvP implementation.

H

Hunters Moon

60 views already and not one person

thinks Yes Or No

that this would remove this kind of greifing ????
From me you'll get a huge 'no'. You want to tame unhindered and have a type of 'bubble' around what you are taming? You've got to be kidding! Heh I just love the attitude of alot of tamers that think they should get the first shot at a tamable beast and that others should just stand by and wait until they get what 1st and then the non-tamers can step in and play.

C

Catskills Player

From me you'll get a huge 'no'. You want to tame unhindered and have a type of 'bubble' around what you are taming? You've got to be kidding! Heh I just love the attitude of alot of tamers that think they should get the first shot at a tamable beast and that others should just stand by and wait until they get what 1st and then the non-tamers can step in and play.
No i just would like a fair attempt when taming to not have some person mad at the world in Tram setting not greif other players ... Period

Can you agree to that ?

H

Hunters Moon

No i just would like a fair attempt when taming to not have some person mad at the world in Tram setting not greif other players ... Period

Can you agree to that ?
What would be a "fair attempt"? I have been in this game long enough to remember when tamers could walk around with as many dragons as they wished to bring to a dungeon/spawn point. Where was my "fair attempt" when they showed up like that? What goes around comes around. :p

Edit: Why do you assume that because someone that attacks what you are trying to tame is "mad at the world" or antisocial? The tame doesn't belong to you until its name pops up blue.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main char is a tamer. Nothing annoys/angers me more then to have an animal ive finaly managed to start taming be attacked.

However. The one thing i like about UO is that they have made the game as 'realistic' as possible. Like they have sat down and thaught, if this person was irl taming this animal, should others be able to attack it. Yes. Its ****ty but thats a people problem not a game problem.

For EG:

RL: Im riding my horse along a trail that runs next to the road, where as now my horse is used to it, people often beep and wave as they drive past. These idiot people have no idea that their action often nearly causes me to lose my seat or my horse to just genraly freak.
But its not agaisnt the law for them to beep. Pitty.

C

Catskills Player

This is my final responce to this ...

Everyone , Tram and Fel will point out one thing or another.

This will over power one player type and deny another wich is untrue.

Everyone talks of even grounds but where does this line start and another end ?

Give us tram so we dont get attacked ... but do give us the right to greif others in tram and the ability to cause distress to other players and not have to deal with any sort of consequences for thier actions either ,

The player says to the tamer that was taming with a taming attempt in progress .

"I just want to kill that monster " Or " I was taming that first "

But there is no set line for people who abuse the game wich happens ever day every second on all uo shards .

When is it time to do something about it to see that if all the game exploits . people that greif , work around the norm to cause distress to other and never have any action for it ...

I have played this game for over 10 years and have kept 4 to 5 accounts active that whole time . I am not some little kid that plays uo for a few hours to see how many people i can light a flame under during game play .

But i am the person that helps support the uo life and the game for all . When is it just time to say when will things ever change with every publish there seems to always be 1 type of player that over powers another and the only thing anyone ever says is "Well next publish is around the corner" .

I wish my funds that went to Ultima online actualy went for the game i play .
Doing things that helped the game bring in more players other than ,Allow the few players that exploit ,cheat ,greif to make old and new players want to quit or find something where they don't get abused in game .

click help and send a page . and always same thing . this account will be reviewed and if action is warrented something will never happen .As always

I dont feel i ask for much . but a return of UO to where all classes of players respected each other and worked as a team. UO game that i thought was dumb the first time i saw it that hooked me for 10+ years .. And that i could not ever imagine to want to leave .. but never having any action makes me want to rethink myself ..

I just wish everyone loved UO as much as i do ..
And wanted it to be played by everyone old and young !!!

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, Ladies & Gents & hopefully a Higher power (aka developer)

With all of the recent tamers out there saying they have been griefed, It occurred to my how far do some tamer injustice go.

#1 Taming pets. we all have been there. Your taming a beast and see you hard work finally pay off... the Blue Words floating above your beast as you try to not anger it and hope the that Skill of your profession pay off .

A few things usually happen.
most often you Tame the pet...

Or someone else sees that you might get something they want. and they feel a dark idea spawn inside their head, “I know I will attack it and tame it for them or myself”

Or something everyone knows it has happened at one time or another.
"they just kill it"

#2 Why is it that this one seems to happen mostly at spawns and in fel
let me know if you have heard this one before.

A Tamer walks up, and come to join in a spawn or a hunt. there happens to be a bard or Soon after a bard shows up. depending on tram or fel.

Tram A bard is mad at the tamer and area peaces when the tamer attacks to
disrupt the dragons attack. and this makes the tamer Mad because due to this action being repetively done. now the bard has the strongest beast in his back pack. who would have thought it only takes a minimal amount of bard peacing to make someone else have a very bad day.

Fel Taking a dragon or other pet to a gate for some pvp action.

Tell me if you heard this one before...

A bard walks up to a tamer at a gate and sees a big old dragon there. and proceeds to area peace the dragon just to cause a player distress as his mount or pets start to wonder away even thought the tamer has said for his pets to follow him or her ... and the bard area peaces again. and yet the pets wonder off again.

Or this bard also has Discord and is now discording your pets that are blue to you which is and should be considered a direct attack on the tamer pets.
And now the tamer is now under Physical harassment of a bard that he can neither attack nor do anything about.

To end this all here is a simple fix to a problem that has gone on long enough

If a player is taming why there is not a (shield area or time shield) placed on the Creature being tamed... Message "you can not attack that now"
Simple fix...

Bard griefing. When a bard area peaces it should be a shield for the bard alone not an Area effect. (Kind of like Self honor)
then no other players would be affected by bard actions...

Yet there are 3 simple fixes that not 1 person can deny would cause neither harm nor an unfair advantage to anyone if these changes were made...

Please rely back If you Agree Yes this is something you would like to see

Or No because griefing another player is more your style...

Thank you, Catskills Player.
I vote no most tamers get what they deserve.

J

Joyous2K

1No to forcefield for animals that are not tamed.

2No opinion.

3Yes to discord being treated as 'damage' and aggro. (Just all kill the guy and lol)

L

Lord Kynd

amen

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd suggest an alternative set of solutions to your "problems"

#1 - No change is required. Much as we've all had tames interrupted, if we protected the tame from being interrupted your "griefer" would change from attacking the pets to taming all the spawn. You'd still not get the pet. Tamers don't own the spawn. If you're having trouble, you need to tame at quieter times, in less traveled locations or simply at times when antisocial players you know aren't around.

#2 - In Fel, you attack the bard yourself. If they have employed the illegal method of peacing constantly, page on them too. In Tram, just keep setting pets to attack. Better still, hunt elsewhere.

#3 - Yew gate does not equal PvP. As for #2, just go elsewhere to fight. Why should you be able to stand in a guardzone and kill other players without risking your pets being killed? In fact, why should Yew gate even have a guardzone? Why are bards supposed to be changed so you can kill while still in your protective bubble? As long as the guardzone is around that gate, you don't deserve any further protection. Sorry. That gate shouldn't be guarded IMO.

I am curious though, if you feel you're griefed at Yew gate, how do you think other players feel when you keep sending out a dragon to attack their friends, yet they can't attack you directly? Oh sure they can disco and peace your pets, but if you pull them back to the guardzone, or leave, they don't take a death. There are two sides to this scenario, not just yours.

Wenchy

F

Fox (Europa)

Its just balance. Taming has always been over-powered in UO. It provides a way for a player to take no damage whilst using a weapon stronger than anything else in the game. It also allows the player to wear a max luck suit so gain the best loot. The minor drawbacks involving peace and disco are a minimal price to pay.

H

HeathBar

I agree here, they should be flagged if they are discording your pet, directly peacing a pet should do this too imo.

I'm not so sure about the rest of your suggestions though. Ya it's annoying when people are jerks, but honestly, I think it's just part of the game and doesn't need to be "fixed" since nothing is really broken.

P

Prince Caspian

Its just balance. Taming has always been over-powered in UO. It provides a way for a player to take no damage whilst using a weapon stronger than anything else in the game. It also allows the player to wear a max luck suit so gain the best loot. The minor drawbacks involving peace and disco are a minimal price to pay.
Very true. While I do not deny Taming is the hardest and most arduous skill in UO to bump up to 120, I also feel it is outrageously overpowered.

I mean come on, a tamer with a greater dragon can kill in under a minute a monster it takes me over 5 minutes of touch-and-go where I can die any second. And the tamer himself is never in danger.

That all would be irritating but not really unfair, but when you consider the ONLY friggin way EA makes monsters more "challenging" is to heap more insane levels of hitpoints and resistances on monsters to counter the tamer's immense damage potential, it also makes the monster virtually invunerable to the rest of us unless we have a mob.

And true, requiring a mob of players fosters team spirit. Dandy. But the fact that it takes a group of fighters to take down a monster that a single tamer can take down easily... even the most ******** game designer on earth would tell you that is lousy balance.

/edit
Oh and lets not forget the old chestnut of a tamer parking his Cu in a monster room, hiding outside, and going off on vacation to come back and find his backpack bursting with drops. Sure would be nice if I could chea-- erm play like that.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree here, they should be flagged if they are discording your pet, directly peacing a pet should do this too imo.
We had a long discussion about this before, and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to repeat all that was said. But as this has been mentioned a few times in this thread, maybe some points need raised again.

Firstly, the "fix" suggested wouldn't fix the problem. Bards will just disco when a pet leaves the GZ. A bard teamed with some reds can easily co-ordinate a massacre of your pets, flagged or not. And considering the tamers "affected" are so few, why should EA "fix" this by not fixing it?

Thirdly, consider those of us who actually play bards and bard tamers. Now it's not something I really do, but many bard tamers disco pets during training. They don't want to flag if they spar pets in town. I wouldn't want that if I was sparring pets outside my house in Fel either lol.

If these actions flagged the bard, the target of the disco/peace would become angered and attack. "Fair enough," you say. However, there is a delay between using music skills, where you need to be within range of and visible to your target. Currently I can disco a mob without it turning on me, then remain within range but not targetted, until I can voke it onto something else. But that changes if it flags the bard.

If the mob becomes aggressive straight off (when the bard flags), the first half of that process becomes dicey at best if you're around a high end mob. Now risk v reward is great, I fully support that. I really don't want it handed to me. But barding isn't a hugely powerful skill. It requires a lot of skill investment just to have a chance at barding things, and disco is essential to lower the difficulty of voking high end stuff nowadays. It wouldn't stop me barding at all, but it would make it more frustrating than fun for a lot of bards.

So, once we weigh up how many would be affected positively and negatively by that change, I'd suggest that many many more would be against flagging bards once they logged in and played their bards and bard tamers, and found what had happened.

Bottom line - if a tamer doesn't like having their pets disco'd and potentially killed in Fel, what on earth are they doing there in the first place? Fel is not the place for a tamer who is upset when they or their pets die.

Wenchy

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you conisidered taming in Fel? The chances are that you will never see another person the whole time.

If you happen to get PKed go somewhere else in Fel and try again.

Most Fel dungeons are empty of players.

H

HeathBar

If these actions flagged the bard, the target of the disco/peace would become angered and attack. "Fair enough," you say. However, there is a delay between using music skills, where you need to be within range of and visible to your target. Currently I can disco a mob without it turning on me, then remain within range but not targeted, until I can voke it onto something else. But that changes if it flags the bard.
Touché, I didn't think of that. My tamer is a bard tamer so I can certainly understand that argument.

C

Catskills Player

I wish this whole post could be deleted ..

It has turned from a post of .. things that are not correct in game .

and cause unwarented distress to a free for all of .
slams of this profession . and miss leading arguments .

The whole point was thing that happen that are unwarrented and unprevoked greifing towards tamers ...

Noone said anything about a Free tamer for tamers. Noone said it would lock another person from getting a differnt tamer to get a chance . or even a person to kill a beast ... It just stated that " if a tamer is in progress of a tame that there should the the right of a greifer to be able to come up and damage the pet to dissrupt or cause distress to the person that was taming .

Tamer dosent come up and take someone wepon and put it away from a dexer . Hide a bards insterments to make them usless . or effect game play that would dissrupt anyone at all ..

And I do play fel and yes there is tamers that PVP with pets .. But there is people in fel that do greif tamers by discording pets and using area peace to make pets wonder away . and all the time they remain blue ... IS this fair ... No maybe if a change was made if my pet was directly discorded and the bard flagged " your dang well right he would be pet bait " but they dont ... Once again Greifing pays off not in favor or a tamer that cant attack nor control a pet as it wonders off ..

If the bard area peaced the area peace should only effect the 1 bard that used the skill not the area ...

i just wish everyone would read whats being said .. other than throwing thier 2 cents in that says tamers are over powered ...

I play a dexer mostly . but maybe if there were changes in place . there would be more of a diverse player feild in fel other than a ton of gate gankers . that house hide and resort into cheap game tactics where they cant flag ...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"The whole point was thing that happen that are unwarrented and unprevoked greifing towards tamers ... "
Except it isn't griefing because tamers don't own the monster until it becomes tame.

"Noone said anything about a Free tamer for tamers."
Yes they did, YOU did. You said block out damage during taming attempts so tamers can tame unaffected, which amounts to the same thing.

"Noone said it would lock another person from getting a differnt tamer to get a chance . or even a person to kill a beast "
Well it would do, you said block damage from people during taming attempts that is exactly the same thing.

"It just stated that " if a tamer is in progress of a tame that there should the the right of a greifer to be able to come up and damage the pet to dissrupt or cause distress to the person that was taming ."
You assume their a griefer just because they want to hunt. You are not a special class stop trying to be.

"Tamer dosent come up and take someone wepon and put it away from a dexer . Hide a bards insterments to make them usless . or effect game play that would dissrupt anyone at all .. "
Yes they do, they regular stick their pets on one of my provokes so it dies in an unbalanced way. They regularly hog spawn areas so that no one else can get a look in. They regularly claim an area as their 'just because' go to twisted weald on a provoker and see how many cu's you can provoke before some tamers whining at you.

"And I do play fel and yes there is tamers that PVP with pets .. But there is people in fel that do greif tamers "
So when you do it, it's 'pvping with pets' but if a bard does it it's 'griefing a tamer'.

"IS this fair"
Unless they implement barding fully in to pvp then yes it is.

"If the bard area peaced the area peace should only effect the 1 bard that used the skill not the area ... "
No it shouldn't. Bards in group situations would be pointless and screw having a bards game play negatively impacted just because your too lazy/spoilt as a class to hit your macro again.

"i just wish everyone would read whats being said "
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean their wrong or didn't read it.

C

Catskills Player

"The whole point was thing that happen that are unwarrented and unprevoked greifing towards tamers ... "
Except it isn't griefing because tamers don't own the monster until it becomes tame.

"Noone said anything about a Free tamer for tamers."
Yes they did, YOU did. You said block out damage during taming attempts so tamers can tame unaffected, which amounts to the same thing.

"Noone said it would lock another person from getting a differnt tamer to get a chance . or even a person to kill a beast "
Well it would do, you said block damage from people during taming attempts that is exactly the same thing.

"It just stated that " if a tamer is in progress of a tame that there should the the right of a greifer to be able to come up and damage the pet to dissrupt or cause distress to the person that was taming ."
You assume their a griefer just because they want to hunt. You are not a special class stop trying to be.

"Tamer dosent come up and take someone wepon and put it away from a dexer . Hide a bards insterments to make them usless . or effect game play that would dissrupt anyone at all .. "
Yes they do, they regular stick their pets on one of my provokes so it dies in an unbalanced way. They regularly hog spawn areas so that no one else can get a look in. They regularly claim an area as their 'just because' go to twisted weald on a provoker and see how many cu's you can provoke before some tamers whining at you.

"And I do play fel and yes there is tamers that PVP with pets .. But there is people in fel that do greif tamers "
So when you do it, it's 'pvping with pets' but if a bard does it it's 'griefing a tamer'.

"IS this fair"
Unless they implement barding fully in to pvp then yes it is.

"If the bard area peaced the area peace should only effect the 1 bard that used the skill not the area ... "
No it shouldn't. Bards in group situations would be pointless and screw having a bards game play negatively impacted just because your too lazy/spoilt as a class to hit your macro again.

"i just wish everyone would read whats being said "
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean their wrong or didn't read it.

Yet once again you do nothing other than get off the main point and bring up pointless replys .... No wonder anything never gets fixed .. :(

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamer dosent come up and take someone wepon and put it away from a dexer . Hide a bards insterments to make them usless . or effect game play that would dissrupt anyone at all ..
What do you call it when a tamer is in a dungeon getting all the kills over every other player? It's no different than taking their weapon away because your Drag can do way more damage to a monster and faster as well.

How is it fair that a tamed pet can kill some monsters in a few hits when it takes other templates much much longer?

When Tokuno Arties came out Tamers owned the spawn areas, was that fair to every other player there?

I say to you get over it and adapt, or play a real template :bdh:

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet once again you do nothing other than get off the main point and bring up pointless replys .... No wonder anything never gets fixed .. :(
Now your just pissing me off!!!

When major artifacts came out it was the Tamers that got the most Artifacts, yet every other template had to deal with it.

SO DEAL WITH IT :lame:

C

Catskills Player

What do you call it when a tamer is in a dungeon getting all the kills over every other player? It's no different than taking their weapon away because your Drag can do way more damage to a monster and faster as well.

How is it fair that a tamed pet can kill some monsters in a few hits when it takes other templates much much longer?

When Tokuno Arties came out Tamers owned the spawn areas, was that fair to every other player there?

I say to you get over it and adapt, or play a real template :bdh:

you all Live the the past and are not Posting anything other than your own rants to a Question .... Did anyone say the tamer distressed you ... No

Did anyone say WHen this other event .. No ...

Please stay on track with the current conversation ... and not get off track please .. .

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Yet once again you do nothing other than get off the main point and bring up pointless replys .... No wonder anything never gets fixed .. "
Yes because I'm the sole reason for things getting fixed or not.

Maybe they'd get fixed if they were broken in the first place. Just because you can't understand that isn't anyones fault but yours.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"you all Live the the past and are not Posting anything other than your own rants"
So are you.

"Did anyone say the tamer distressed you ... No "
Did anyone say your the only person allowed to voice your opinion? No.

"Did anyone say WHen this other event .. No ... "
It doesn't matter, your going to be sadly dissapointed if you think you can go through life with everyone just accepting what you say and agreeing to it.

"Please stay on track with the current conversation ... and not get off track please .. ."
My replies are on track, your problems are not problems your fixes are not fixes and your atittude can be at best described as tamerlike. As you put it yourself... it's no wonder things don't get fixed.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you all Live the the past and are not Posting anything other than your own rants to a Question .... Did anyone say the tamer distressed you ... No
Well technicaly this change happed in the past, so you are also living in the past. It is all just a matter of perspective.

Please stay on track with the current conversation ... and not get off track please .. .
I think that you don't have the grasp of the English language that you think you do.

YOU ASKED "How was this fair"!! We answered but you didnt like the answer.

YOU AGAIN SAID "How was this fair"!! This time we answered your question with a question and you still werent happy about it.

Everyone follows the same rules, so by your rules I could say the following:
Since I did the initial damage to a creature, then no one else should be able to do damage to it because it was my monster first.

This is no different than you whinning about some dipstick who interupts your taming.

SO I SAY TO YOU AGAIN!! GO TO FEL TO TAME!! YOU WILL LIKELY NOT EVEN RUN INTO ONE PERSON!! but I know,your afraid to lose 600 gold in case you get PKed.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did anyone say WHen this other event .. No ...

Disagreeing with you doesn't constitute being off track.

There are reasons which have been stated already, in this thread and others (at least about barding) that you seem to be ignoring in favour of your wishes. Instead of dismissing those out of hand, allow others to have a different opinion, and try discussing the issue constructively.

I have 6 tamers, I live in Fel. I don't feel grief in any way as a tamer. If anything griefs me it's my potential pets ;) Now, there are ways to avoid the problems you are finding, with UO as it stands =right now=. You might get along better if you try and adapt rather than ask for changes in your favour.

Wenchy

C

Catskills Player

Disagreeing with you doesn't constitute being off track.

There are reasons which have been stated already, in this thread and others (at least about barding) that you seem to be ignoring in favour of your wishes. Instead of dismissing those out of hand, allow others to have a different opinion, and try discussing the issue constructively.

I have 6 tamers, I live in Fel. I don't feel grief in any way as a tamer. If anything griefs me it's my potential pets ;) Now, there are ways to avoid the problems you are finding, with UO as it stands =right now=. You might get along better if you try and adapt rather than ask for changes in your favour.

Wenchy

when u go to fel gate and you get area peaced your dragon flys off and even if you click all follow me ... you dragons returns untill the next area peace as it wonders off again ... or i hop on my bard and come discord your dragon .. and you cant do a thing about it cause iam in the guard zone and if u attack me in anyway you get guard whacked ... or if you leave the guard zone ... cause i have my 9 friends out there waiting for you to come out ... with a pet that flys off and is now half beacuse someone else is not flaggable and the only way u can stop is Leave the area Or take a murder count ...
Yea totaly fair ..... But then what do i know i actualy play and see it first hand ... other than post about it .

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but a return of UO to where all classes of players respected each other and worked as a team.
LOL, I swear, some people have had blinders on for a long time. UO has always been a game where there were players known as "griefers". You forget a griefer is someone who doesn't allow you to play the game you want, or at least this is what the term has become. Besides that, tamers have always gotten love from the developers, so please stop the tears.

How would you like it if the developers had eliminated all the chances of taming in one or more of the facets? How about limiting what you could tame even after years of those things being tamable in the past? Welcome to the world of the UO Thief.

*hands the Op a tissue*...la

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"when u go to fel gate and you get area peaced your dragon flys off and even if you click all follow me ... you dragons returns untill the next area peace as it wonders off again "
Then press it again, it takes nothing for you to do that. It takes charges for a bard to keep peacemaking.

"or i hop on my bard and come discord your dragon "
*shrugs* My dragons have enough wrestle that even discorded it will kick your ass.

"and you cant do a thing about it cause iam in the guard zone"
Doesn't matter you can't kill me or my discorded pet in guard zone.

"cause i have my 9 friends out there waiting for you to come out "
Then I won't flag on them all at once. So I can still use the guard zone.

"with a pet that flys off and is now half "
Half? Half what hp? You think you can do over 450 damage to my dragon before I've run/teleported back in guard zone? By all means go for it.

"Yea totaly fair"
Your dragon has more offense than any player does even while discorded. Maybe if pets were balanced in pvp or bards were implemented fully I would remotely care about 'fair' from your biased perspective.

"But then what do i know i actualy play and see it first hand"
I thought you didn't like assumptions? Yet here you are making the assumption that no one else has pvp'd on or against a tamer.

C

Catskills Player

"when u go to fel gate and you get area peaced your dragon flys off and even if you click all follow me ... you dragons returns untill the next area peace as it wonders off again "
Then press it again, it takes nothing for you to do that. It takes charges for a bard to keep peacemaking.

"or i hop on my bard and come discord your dragon "
*shrugs* My dragons have enough wrestle that even discorded it will kick your ass.

"and you cant do a thing about it cause iam in the guard zone"
Doesn't matter you can't kill me or my discorded pet in guard zone.

"cause i have my 9 friends out there waiting for you to come out "
Then I won't flag on them all at once. So I can still use the guard zone.

"with a pet that flys off and is now half "
Half? Half what hp? You think you can do over 450 damage to my dragon before I've run/teleported back in guard zone? By all means go for it.

"Yea totaly fair"
Your dragon has more offense than any player does even while discorded. Maybe if pets were balanced in pvp or bards were implemented fully I would remotely care about 'fair' from your biased perspective.

"But then what do i know i actualy play and see it first hand"
I thought you didn't like assumptions? Yet here you are making the assumption that no one else has pvp'd on or against a tamer.
#1 you cant attack a bard cause they are not flagged you and your dragon will get guard whacked .... Fact ...

#2 Goes to show you dont get to fel much ... Your dragon can be discorded at anytime in a guard zone. And the bard is Blue and is not flagged . ... Fact

#3 your pets skills get ripped to a usless amount after being discorded no matter if its a grater dragon or what ... so anyone can basicly kill it . Fact ....

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm torn between having and not having a guard zone at Fel moongates.

Part of me says that there should only be guards in towns not the moongates.

But the other half of me says we need a guard zone because without it no "blues" would come to Fel. Either that or they would start to fight near towns.

C

Catskills Player

I'm torn between having and not having a guard zone at Fel moongates.

Part of me says that there should only be guards in towns not the moongates.

But the other half of me says we need a guard zone because without it no "blues" would come to Fel. Either that or they would start to fight near towns.
Actualy it would be a great idea if there was a set place where people could go to feild fight without guard zones , houses to hide in ,

there was once time when the almighty gank for bank didn't exsist .

And players showed skill when duling or fighting ..

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there were no guardzones around gates, players would just sit around the gates casting poison fields attacking people people before they even had a chance to defend themselves. Bad idea...la

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1 you cant attack a bard cause they are not flagged you and your dragon will get guard whacked .... Fact ...

#2 Goes to show you dont get to fel much ... Your dragon can be discorded at anytime in a guard zone. And the bard is Blue and is not flagged . ... Fact

#3 your pets skills get ripped to a usless amount after being discorded no matter if its a grater dragon or what ... so anyone can basicly kill it . Fact ....
:offtopic: I though you said in a post that we should stay on topic regarding someone interfering with your ability to tame something. :offtopic:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

#1 I didn't say otherwise.
#2 I didn't say otherwise.
#3 No they don't. No one can kill it if your still sat in the guard zone, but even if you weren't in the guard zone they've got to get through 900-1000 hp with you healing it.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there were no guardzones around gates, players would just sit around the gates casting poison fields attacking people people before they even had a chance to defend themselves. Bad idea...la
Most people who "live" in Fel have runes to where they need to go, they don't need to use a moongate. :p

And there are a fair amount of moongates that I doubt everyone would be guarded.... at least for a while ;-)

C

Catskills Player

I was Clarifying my Top claim .... which was to my origional message posted ... seems most people are missing points 2 and 3 of the main post ...

point 1 was People greifing while someone had a tame in progress ..

Which is still what were talking about .. well most of us anyway

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"I though you said in a post that we should stay on topic regarding someone interfering with your ability to tame something."

He did but it only applies to us because he's a biased hypocrite that wants everything tailored specifically to his playstyle.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can relate to his complaints, it's just that he needs to get over it.

When we talk about other nerfs in the past, he says that its the past and it doesnt count, yet now that he has to live with a nerf he isnt happy about it, and it's more important than anyone elses nerfs they had to deal with.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people who "live" in Fel have runes to where they need to go, they don't need to use a moongate. :p

And there are a fair amount of moongates that I doubt everyone would be guarded.... at least for a while ;-)
So now you are saying that it should only be safe to travel via gates? Pfft, to me, gating is one of the biggest downfalls to the game. Get rid of mounts, eliminate gating and recall, and make the gates go back to where you don't have a choice where you end up. That right there would add to the game...la

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Which is still what were talking about .. well most of us anyway"
Except when we do you say:
"Yet once again you do nothing other than get off the main point and bring up pointless replys "
Even though what was said was directly addressing those points:
""Noone said anything about a Free tamer for tamers."
Yes they did, YOU did. You said block out damage during taming attempts so tamers can tame unaffected, which amounts to the same thing."
""Noone said it would lock another person from getting a differnt tamer to get a chance . or even a person to kill a beast "
Well it would do, you said block damage from people during taming attempts that is exactly the same thing."