• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To Buy Game or Not To Buy?

E

eveninggod

Ok, i have a dilemma, i already downloaded World of Warcraft from the website and i have tried it. I want to start playing but i was wondering if i should buy the game (Wow + TBC) or just buy the membership. Could someone please tell me if I would need to buy the game or not? I have WoW and TBC installed on my computer and ive been playing on WoW for about 6-7 days now. So, basically I'm wondering if the wow i downloaded of the site to try is the same as if I would go out to game-stop and buy the CD.

Thanks in advanced,
I hope to join the ever so popular World of Warcraft Society

- Additional note: This is my First post on this site and would like to say Hello to all of the members!

G

Hello! Yes it's the same but you need to actually buy it for the key code or you cannot play it. You can just buy the key code online I think, or you can go to the store and buy a hard copy of the game for the code and also a backup to install later that you don't have to download. I think the trial version did not have everything, so you will have to download quite a bit more once you purchase the online version.

My husband and I both play, so we went and bought an actual copy for re-install use and bought a key code online for the other account.

Welcome.

I

InkTank

You do have a full version of the game installed. You are playing on a trial basis. You will need to buy a box copy to get a license key to "unlock" the game and continue playing.

However, I also think there is a way to buy the license keys online from Blizzard so there is no need to get a physical copy of the game. Hmmm, but that might have been City of Heroes that offered that.

Either way, you will need to "buy" the game, but it's relatively inexpensive AND you get your first 30 days of playtime free.

L

Lag

You can upgrade online through the Blizzard store, to both normal and TBC.

E

elkhartware

my suggestion is to buy the dvd. the digital version of the game offered by blizzard, requires 3.89 gig for the downloader itself, plus an additional 6+ gig for the game...

I

Ibliis

As everyone has said you need a game code to get the full game, you might as well buy the disc because if your computer ever dies you'll have to download it all over again...

You get a month free with the disc so in reality it costs you like £3 (i bought mine for a tenner).

G

GrizzleyAdams

I would suggest buying the battlechest version of the game it is like 40 bucks now.

M

mecantile

You also will want to find a faster download for the patches you are going to get after installing the retail version. Otherwise, plan on having a 4-8 hour block of time where you don't plan on playing to d/l it.

deoblin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Actually i never buy any games. Always i download the game and play the game using patch or crack.

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
You can't torrent WoW and play on live servers. You need an authenticated account. There are private servers out there but none of them are any good past BC. I'd make the investment if you are interested in the game. Its very much worth it.