• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TNTO

T

Turtle

So you spent some time doing some pvm, so what? If you trained your pet and it was really powerful thats fine with me it's just after I kill the thing it should stay dead for 20+ minutes instead of you just running away and ressing it for a minuscule loss.

Maybe you don't know this because you didn't seem to know much about anything involving tamers during this thread but ressing or healing a pet does take skill points. Skill points the tamer is giving up to run something else.
When you need smithing to keep your wep active during battle then come talk to me.
It's hardly a good trade off, many bad tamers will try an go without it just to use skill points in something else because they NEED another skill to live. Like I said many tamers suck because they can't setup a template.

The only tamer I've seen be able to work around it (w/o vet) and be successful is Shak but it would make your head explode if you knew some of the templates he runs.

T

Turtle

OK lets use some common sense here...you take two good tamers and two good mages tamers win all day...
Well seeing as the only good tamers on this shard are Shak and me, ya it would be hard to find someone to beat us....no matter what template.

But if you'd like to find just any two tamers, I'm sure we could find two mages to beat them :lick:

N

Nico

Well seeing as the only good tamers on this shard are Shak and me, ya it would be hard to find someone to beat us....no matter what template.

But if you'd like to find just any two tamers, I'm sure we could find two mages to beat them :lick:
Forsaken and kage vs. shak and you...

O

Ole Cheapy

OK lets use some common sense here...you take two good tamers and two good mages tamers win all day...
What is a good tamer exactly? I knew a tamer once who actually used the fencing skill, that was about as close to a good tamer as I've seen. The noob name was Corwin. *shrugs*

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and sakey against any tamers outside of our guild... everyone in this tread said tamers take no skill to play so there is no reason for us to fight each so pick 2 tamers from other guilds and me and sakey will be glad to take em out :)

N

Nico

What is a good tamer exactly? I knew a tamer once who actually used the fencing skill, that was about as close to a good tamer as I've seen. The noob name was Corwin. *shrugs*
Corwin was damn good along with coldsteel...

N

Nico

Me and sakey against any tamers outside of our guild... everyone in this tread said tamers take no skill to play so there is no reason for us to fight each so pick 2 tamers from other guilds and me and sakey will be glad to take em out :)
here ill say this one more time slowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...the two best tamers vs any template, tamers win hands down....btw never said it didnt take skill to play a tamer just not anywhere near like other templates...

N

Nico

so lovely when they want to put 2 good people against 2 good people and they are all in the same guild and im listed there xD
i want the best tamers vs the best anything just so happenly koc has the best mages too...your point?just so happens you didnt asnwer my question once again...

as of right now your probably the best tamer on sp...think i got a problem admitting that?no,now get your head out your ass and quit denying the truth...

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
turtle got a question who are ya in game? because i was in the fight last night and i remember alot of people fightin last night cant place ya there were so many stealth tamers out there and none of them stand out which one was you

T

Turtle

when did you stop? i saw you last week or the week before full gm armor...
I stopped when some foo complained about naked tamers. I said be careful what you wish for because if I equip you won't be able to kill me. I beleive Shak has also said this more then once. I have given the shard a chance up until about a week ago and only equipped gm armor. Now I equip not to die no matter how many people I fight and I also changed my template for pvp(err I'm not even done training yet), before it was for pvm as I did Mel everyday.
So whoever it was that wanted me to actually try in pvp, while I'm trying now...so good luck killing me. If you do hats off to ya and enjoy the suit, I got 10 chests full of runic made armor ready to re-equip4tw. Not counting my arties...

N

Nico

I stopped when some foo complained about naked tamers. I said be careful what you wish for because if I equip you won't be able to kill me. I beleive Shak has also said this more then once. I have given the shard a chance up until about a week ago and only equipped gm armor. Now I equip not to die no matter how many people I fight and I also changed my template for pvp(err I'm not even done training yet), before it was for pvm as I did Mel everyday.
So whoever it was that wanted me to actually try in pvp, while I'm trying now...so good luck killing me. If you do hats off to ya and enjoy the suit, I got 10 chests full of runic made armor ready to re-equip4tw. Not counting my arties...
Exhibit A...

N

Nico

If you do hats off to ya and enjoy the suit, I got 10 chests full of runic made armor ready to re-equip4tw. Not counting my arties...
That 24/7 mining and lumberjacking is paying off huh?

T

Turtle

here ill say this one more time slowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...the two best tamers vs any template, tamers win hands down....btw never said it didnt take skill to play a tamer just not anywhere near like other templates...
I notice your saying the TWO best tamers....and I started this thread saying I was fighting over 9 people. So why are you not saying 1v1 why does it have to be 2v2?
I also assume by your statement your two best tamers refers to Shaka and I.
It really seems like your backing down here...
I said I'd fight any tamer outside KOC and even offered up KOC mages fighting any two tamers you could name outside KOC. The only thing you could say back was have KOC mages fight Shak and me? :coco:
So does that mean you give up and we are right? No one on this shard can play a tamer as good as us and we could kill them on any template we choose because KOC is better at any template when compared to anyone on this silly shard?

N

Nico

I notice your saying the TWO best tamers....and I started this thread saying I was fighting over 9 people. So why are you not saying 1v1 why does it have to be 2v2?
I also assume by your statement your two best tamers refers to Shaka and I.
It really seems like your backing down here...
I said I'd fight any tamer outside KOC and even offered up KOC mages fighting any two tamers you could name outside KOC. The only thing you could say back was have KOC mages fight Shak and me? :coco:
So does that mean you give up and we are right? No one on this shard can play a tamer as good as us and we could kill them on any template we choose because KOC is better at any template when compared to anyone on this silly shard?
One more time,I want the two best tamers on the server (you and shak) vs the 2 best of anything else...you and shak never lose...that is my arguement...you take two great tamers vs 2 great anything else and the tamers win hands down...understand now?superdragons are overpowered...clear?No it does not have to be 2vs2...you vs speedy,you win,shak vs speedy,shak wins...who the hells a good dexxer on this server?Does it really matter a good tamer vs anything good tamer wins...fin...i know it you know it baby jesus knows it...

T

Turtle

That 24/7 mining and lumberjacking is paying off huh?
Can you be more specific? I don't mine or lumberjack so I'm not sure what your getting at....

Btw Chard I'm very much done with you as I am with Evermore since neither of you are part of pvp on SP and never will be. There is no reason to discuss pvp with either of you. Good luck playing stratics more then you do SP.

N

Nico

Can you be more specific? I don't mine or lumberjack so I'm not sure what your getting at....

Btw Chard I'm very much done with you as I am with Evermore since neither of you are part of pvp on SP and never will be. There is no reason to discuss pvp with either of you. Good luck playing stratics more then you do SP.
Im in rot ask hugi or look at my guild second of alli dont need to play sp to know tamers are overpowered until dragons are fixed i refuse to pvp even if my character was done...third of all i dont luna pvp...but congrats on ignoring my whole post...

M

Mechanic

One more time,I want the two best tamers on the server (you and shak) vs the 2 best of anything else...you and shak never lose...that is my arguement...you take two great tamers vs 2 great anything else and the tamers win hands down...understand now?superdragons are overpowered...clear?No it does not have to be 2vs2...you vs speedy,you win,shak vs speedy,shak wins...who the hells a good dexxer on this server?Does it really matter a good tamer vs anything good tamer wins...fin...i know it you know it baby jesus knows it...
for this to be true you would have to have a small playing field, with a larger space and no interference from stealth dismounters, I don't think Shak and D would win hands down, I think there would be a very good chance for 2 good players to take them out.

edit: this doesn't mean I think dragons are not super powered. They are extremely powerful, and IMO a mistake.

N

Nico

for this to be true you would have to have a small playing field, with a larger space and no interference from stealth dismounters, I don't think Shak and D would win hands down, I think there would be a very good chance for 2 good players to take them out.

edit: this doesn't mean I think dragons are super powered.
incase you dont know superdragons hit harder then players...

S

Shakaja

ill fight any restriction someone wants to get into pvp. there is no way to look more stupid than saying you cant use this item or this spell or this special or this skill in pvp. period.
wrong, super dragons are unbalanced and you guys use them becuase you know this way to fail...
super dragons arent the mainproblem. its ninjitsu and stealth. here are a few things that are wrong in my opinion.

animalform that make you run at mounted speed should require 1 petslot.
you should not be able to instantly start stealthing after hiding.
you should not be able to stealth as quick as you can atm. stealthing in animalform should be considered the same as running a few steps not in a form. if you run too many steps, it should reveal you.
you should not be able to hide/smokebomb within 10 seconds of attacking someone in any way (including all kill)

and yes, also pets should get a change:
if a tamer flags on another player, his pets should only do 50% of the damage.

i bet those changes would make pvp quite alot more interesting. but then again, what would i know.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not true... Most of the the people I have fought. I can red line with a scrib mage bye casting explosion ebolt. If I run Necro I can explosion fs and I have seen people just fall over from one simple combo...

N

Nico

super dragons arent the mainproblem. its ninjitsu and stealth. here are a few things that are wrong in my opinion.

you should not be able to stealth as quick as you can atm. stealthing in animalform should be considered the same as running a few steps not in a form. if you run too many steps, it should reveal you.
you should not be able to hide/smokebomb within 10 seconds of attacking someone in any way (including all kill)

and yes, also pets should get a change:
if a tamer flags on another player, his pets should only do 50% of the damage.

i bet those changes would make pvp quite alot more interesting. but then again, what would i know.
everything you listed i agree along with superdragons not having a damage cap...

N

Nico

Not true... Most of the the people I have fought. I can red line with a scrib mage bye casting explosion ebolt. If I run Necro I can explosion fs and I have seen people just fall over from one simple combo...
LOL...lemme guess they was drinking pots too right?omg dude not fs/exp death huh?was they naked?they must be really awesome players if they die to exp/fs...btw i had 65 fire resist and got hit for 72 breath weapon...one spell now a combo sir...

S

Shakaja

they dont, look at my earlier post where i pointed out pretty much every other fighting template (stealthers, dexers, mages) who can do more damage.

Nico said:
just so happens you didnt asnwer my question once again...
what question?

S

Shakaja

LOL...lemme guess they was drinking pots too right?omg dude not fs/exp death huh?was they naked?they must be really awesome players if they die to exp/fs...
you never played a scribenecromage with max sdi did you? rolleyes:

N

Nico

they dont, look at my earlier post where i pointed out pretty much every other fighting template (stealthers, dexers, mages) who can do more damage.

what question?
OK im gonna say this like your 4 years old...NO TEMPLATE IN UO OUT DAMAGES A SUPERDRAGON...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been saying that for years....

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL...lemme guess they was drinking pots too right?omg dude not fs/exp death huh?was they naked?they must be really awesome players if they die to exp/fs...btw i had 65 fire resist and got hit for 72 breath weapon...one spell now a combo sir...
Oh sorry sir I forget I have to explain it with more detail since you only pvp on the forums....

Most pvpers outside of KOC run gm armor... so ruffly there fire resist can be anywhere between 60-67 Curse lowers all elementals to 60... Curse is a Mage Spell...

Curse will also lower you str while lower your hp at the same time... after curse there Corpse skin... this is a necromancy spell that lowers poison and fire resist...

so if ur fire was not stacked and above 70 u are probably looking at 55-58 fire resist now... So at 2/6 Casting you cast explosion... mage spell again. Then follow it up with a flame strike ... now again with 2/6 flame strike is a delayed spell. Before the flamestrike lands cast evil omen that will cause the flame strike to do around 60 damage or more...

so u have a guy with maybe 90 hp your explosion hits for around 40, flamestrike hits for about 60... what is the end result?

And bye some chance they live just painspike them.. for 30dmg and there done... but normally there fire is lower than what I listed... and they do not live...

N

Nico

Oh sorry sir I forget I have to explain it with more detail since you only pvp on the forums....

Most pvpers outside of KOC run gm armor... so ruffly there fire resist can be anywhere between 60-67 Curse lowers all elementals to 60... Curse is a Mage Spell...

Curse will also lower you str while lower your hp at the same time... after curse there Corpse skin... this is a necromancy spell that lowers poison and fire resist...

so if ur fire was not stacked and above 70 u are probably looking at 55-58 fire resist now... So at 2/6 Casting you cast explosion... mage spell again. Then follow it up with a flame strike ... now again with 2/6 flame strike is a delayed spell. Before the flamestrike lands cast evil omen that will cause the flame strike to do around 60 damage or more...

so u have a guy with maybe 90 hp your explosion hits for around 40, flamestrike hits for about 60... what is the end result?

And bye some chance they live just painspike them.. for 30dmg and there done... but normally there fire is lower than what I listed... and they do not live...
Since when did corpse skin and curse stack on fire reduction?and after you exp does he drink a heal pot or no?or does he just stand there?

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since when did corpse skin and curse stack on fire reduction?and after you exp does he drink a heal pot or no?
It does not but normaly if u do not have over 70 fire u will go down into the 50's...

But curse lowers your total amount of hit points.

"Does he drink a heal pot or no?"
He cant it all lands at the same time... if u are a skilled mage that is.

S

Shakaja

70+ breath weapons?oh no?what spell is it that you cast that does 70+ damage?does your scribemagenecro bleed too?
you must not have played any template that went for big damage. that would also explain this:

Nico said:
OK im gonna say this like your 4 years old...NO TEMPLATE IN UO OUT DAMAGES A SUPERDRAGON...
as far as a tamer goes, a beetle & mare combo outdamage a superdragon. as far as other templates, i put up 3 template types that not only can do higher damage in one hit but also do higher damage over time. just because you dont know the templates or cant play them well enough doesnt mean there are no templates able to do it.

N

Nico

It does not but normaly if u do not have over 70 fire u will go down into the 50's...

But curse lowers your total amount of hit points.

"Does he drink a heal pot or no?"
He cant it all lands at the same time... if u are a skilled mage that is.
ok lemme get this straight your gonna kill me before i can drink a healing pot?exp/fs/evil omen/fs...seriously?one last thing how many spells are gonna hit me while im running off screen because npcs/monsters do that all the time...what spell is that?

N

Nico

you must not have played any template that went for big damage. that would also explain this:

as far as a tamer goes, a beetle & mare combo outdamage a superdragon. as far as other templates, i put up 3 template types that not only can do higher damage in one hit but also do higher damage over time. just because you dont know the templates or cant play them well enough doesnt mean there are no templates able to do it.
pvm templates dont count...i want pvp templates...

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is only one explosing and one flame strike and the evil omen lands right before the FS. Then u are dead what do u not understand?

S

Shakaja

pvm templates dont count...i want pvp templates...
what were you talking about the entire time? pvm? i wasnt.

T

Turtle

Kage,
Please stop teaching people how to compete. Heaven for bid we stop the endless cycle of pancakes and moaning about templates being over-powered when really it's players brains being under-powered.

In general,

Didn't we say a week or more ago we'd fight any guild even numbers with any template and got zero takers? Ya... It's not Dragons that are overpowered, it's KOC. Nerf KOC! Nerf KOC!

T

Turtle

Sakie and Kage? Seriously, lets pick some good mages to fight Shaka and I...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I cant even believe this.... Its ok I get my tamer account on friday!!! word word lil dismount superdragon action on the grays/reds. well see how it is :scholar: