• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tmap loot is PATHETIC

M

mmmbeer

was helpin a friend do some maps and i took him on a lev6 map hunt.

OMG i forgot how HORRIBLE the loot is!!

comeon devs- how bout a lil lovin for tmap/sos loot!!!

how about giving stongbox quality loot in the harder tmaps and sos?!?!?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed

I haven't bothered doing a T-map in several years because I can get better loot in 5 minutes killing Meisma

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Better loot (mods) and less items. A level 6 chest should have like 25 items - not 80. Its a waste of time to pull out wand after crappy shield after leather arms with no mods.

If they put turn in items in them like a chance at a cursed arty or a rat coin - people would be all over them right now.

R

RedDaTeef

But none of those high paid devs ever thought of that. Something like putting turn in items in T-chests is a great idea! But all we ever get is bad ideas implemented, it seems.

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And updated items! I hate getting a chest from Miasma and not having any ML loot in it. Just doesn't make sense to me. Miasma has ML loot on his body, but his treasure map doesn't include it?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's such a shame that one of the things that is truly and uniquely Ultima Online is in such a state. The treasure hunting portion of the game has always been something never duplicated and very much immersive in the game. A shame they couldn't keep up with the things that worked from day 1. I'm all for new content and stuff(pancake about lack thereof often enough) but the sheer volume of outdated good systems the game already has could be refreshed easily with a little thought.

T

Thrand Graywolf

Everything has pathetic loot. When you put in the time and resources to kill a large paragon and see what nonsense it has on it for loot...makes you either laugh or cry...and go back to hunting liches. They have less gold, but you can kill em so fast it ends up being a better return, and nothing has worthwhile items for loot.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better loot (mods) and less items. A level 6 chest should have like 25 items - not 80. Its a waste of time to pull out wand after crappy shield after leather arms with no mods.
I used to tell people that doing a T-map was like digging through an orc's garbage can.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If they put turn in items in them like a chance at a cursed arty or a rat coin - people would be all over them right now.
They could go as far as 2 items per level of chest, but make them have mid range mods, with a small percentage chance at something a little better. I understand why the treasure is buried, its crap. My only question is why would someone bother to make a map showing where they buried a chest full of useless garbage.

F

Fink

Agreed

I used to pick through every item (regs, scrolls, gems) on a level 6 so I could check the loot, but now I just grab the martie pack (if it's worthwhile :cursing:) and the gold and dump the rest.

L

Lord Drakelord

I have to agree about the Loot in t hunts, you get better loot off the kills if you are wearing good luck then out of the chest. What also sucks is getting a ML artifact out of a Level 6 map like the wood steed, or the artic mace, both should not be "level 6" artifacts. With all the risk fighting the 4 guardians we should get something a lot better then a wood horse!?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is a hot topic time and time again.

So once again I'll add my input.... Update to the T-Maps is LONG overdue... they should have ML items there should be some in Tokuno with Tokuno items in them they could have ingredients, the gems from lumberjacking, fishing and mining in them, they could have the new ML Mini Arties in them, recipies perhaps, unique decore items that you could only get from T-maps..... hundreds of things better than the junk in them now....

When I do them now I sell off all the scrolls, and other junk in them to the npcs, I keep the gems and gold.... But it's just such a pain.... out of a level 6 chest I might keep 1 item... Might..... but not usually.

B

Bluebottle

I think most of us are with you on the need for an overhaul. emphasis on the LONG overdue 5+ years is insane!

An indicator as to how unpopular they are, I bought a load of maps for my new Cartman then foolishly picked up 100s at a couple of IDOCS so after I GMd cartography, I just dumped over 400 level 1 and 2s and even a few level 3s at a some of the banks for folks to just pick up - in bags of 20. I popped back to see if they were moving and an hour later only a few of the bags had been grabbed and even the level 3s were still there :(

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treasure chest loot and fishing chest loot could both use a revamp. Maybe Leurocian can work on this. :)

P

packrat

I havent used my t-hunter in years. Its not worth the trouble. I probably have 50 level 6 maps just sitting in the chest. I rather go kill dragons than do those. I can get more gold killing dragons than it takes to dig the chest and kill the spawn. Loot the chest and find you got nothing useful but gold and a wooden steed thats useless. I think those should be banned from Uo for being so ugly and useless. Not to mention if you die and lose your insurance gold.
I have an idea on how to make t-hunting interesting. When you dig up a level 6 chest you get gold and ticket. Take the ticket to an NPC. Lets say the shipwright. The shipwright gives you an arty. A good arty would be a boat that can be used by fishermen. You get an sos you drop it on the tillerman and he takes you to that location.
Or a talisman for thunting sorta like they have for taming. It gives you +5 in a special skill. Make them sort of rare so you get people wanting to get that special prize and use some maps that are taking up space in chest. That would be a really good spring cleaning.

K

Killian

:thumbup1: Yea!! while I used to have a t-hunter... I do have a fisherman.. one of my fav things to do in the game is to fish.. and do the sos's...

Loot definately needs to REALLY be upped, with things selling for the insane prices on vendors due to Inflation, even if they made treasure chest's and Sos's completely random with the amount of gold in the chest, maybe have a check in there with an amount that can be between 5000 - 40,000gp or more... of course with the higher levels giving the best odds at a higher amount, plus maybe a chance for like.. a arty(doom or anything of the sorts but please.. no new items just for tmaps.. we can live with what we have in the game.. at least I can) keep some armor in there as it is already.. maybe a little less, jewels are cool, regs and scrolls are not needed.

Sos's should follow the same suit, add some spawn (just nothing to insane as you are on a boat... lol ), add levels to sos's, have boats able to sail through other boats just for the sake of possibly able to drop the sos's on the tillerman and he can take you to the location :) T-hunters are able to just recall to the location of the map.. fisherman should be able to do something to ease the pain of sailing to each one..

also, another idea.. maybe make the maps and sos's be given by different kinds of classes, like have some chest's be given by a crazy miner, and have that chest contain some good amounts of ingots, and maybe a chance for something cool like a runic hammer. Lumberjack would be cool too. and so on.. but make the maps say who they were given out by so people can trade for what they want :)

That would get me going again... :) might even make me want to use my mule again since I have a chance to get a runic with out having to do the.. very.. very... boring bod's...

A

Azureal

It's such a shame that one of the things that is truly and uniquely Ultima Online is in such a state. The treasure hunting portion of the game has always been something never duplicated and very much immersive in the game. A shame they couldn't keep up with the things that worked from day 1. I'm all for new content and stuff(pancake about lack thereof often enough) but the sheer volume of outdated good systems the game already has could be refreshed easily with a little thought.

For trivias sake, SWG (back in the early days before the CU) used to have treasure maps drop on some mobs. You would head to the co-ordinates, find the chest/container/whatever and a few random NPCs would spawn and attack you. Pointless in the end because the loot was always crap, as SWG was based on a player made/crafted economy.

FWIW, I totally agree. Treasure hunting was always so much fun when all we have was Force, Power and Vanq etc. Chuck in the chance for a silver weapon. So much fun. Cant remember the last time I did a Tmap.

Also agreed on SoS'. Thinking about it I dont even know why I do it. I usually just set the first chest I pull up as the UOA sell bag, fill it with as much stuff as I can then sell everything off. I pull up SoS' solely for the chance to find a fabled net.

P

packrat

Another Idea is maybe to have a set of maps levels 1-6 to be able to obtain an arty you have to finish the set in a certain time limit. That would even make it more player base. Because with the beefed up AW on a level 6 there is no way someone can solo those..

I remember the silver weapons we found in the chest. that was cool. I had bunch of those and they turned to crap after one of the pubs. I was sick. I collected and bought most of them, and they turned them into useless items. A silver weapon was the bomb back then.

A

Azureal

Way back when, well before Trammel, if you found a silver vanq weapon you sometimes wondered if even your friends were gonna PK you for it, LOL.

Ok, so...lets assume that the thing/person/creature that buried the treasure was hiding it for a reason. It would be nice to think that they wouldnt take the time to burying a pile of useless leather sleeves and a magical pickaxe. Unless of course its one big practical joke being played by the evil denizens of our world.

Wands need to go. Just get rid of them, honestly. ID wands once served a purpose. The current ones are useless crap.

Pitchforks too. The Bob and Fred guilds are long gone (afaik) so they serve no real purpose.

Magical Smiths Hammers and Sledge Hammers. What the funk. Get rid of them.

Less scrolls. Im not saying get rid of them completely. But honestly, I dont consider them to be "treasure".

Up the gem drops. This is a treasure chest, remember. Whoever buried it put treasure in there.

Put more "treasure" related items in there. Think of treasure troves that are discovered in movies and books. Objects made of solid gold, candelabras, goblets, ornate face masks, weapons and armor. Make this stuff fairly/extremely rare, and limited to level 5 and 6 chests. The lower end chests (3 & 4) can have silver tagged items, but theyre no less rare, its just possible for lower levelled players to obtain (map spawn based on skill level).

Hey Devs, I got lots of these ideas. So do a lot of the other people around here playing UO. Give us a call sometime, have our people talk to your people and we'll do lunch.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The loot is no treasure (or only in an archaeological sense), the always same procedure is boring.
Skills like remove traps are underpowered for their requirements (high fail rate) and fully replaced by a simple mage spell, which can be executed without any risk.
Maps, which was once a good find and either done yourself, as a guild event or sold for good gold, are left on the ground untouched.
They cannot even be stacked to wait for better times.
Handing them in for community collection doesn't bring much besides pain in the hand and a lot of wasted time.

So yes, treasure hunting is in a desolate condition since years.

N

Nisse/Ubbe

I agre that the loot is way out of time.

But if a change comes we do need to think about it all to come up whit a good balanced well thought out loot.

1 should it be a diffrence in the loot on regular servers and SP?
2 Should it contain a real treasure or just a bunch of junk?
3 should we ad some new cind of items that is treasurehunters only to gain+

S

SDragor

I agree with everything but:

Pitchforks too. The Bob and Fred guilds are long gone (afaik) so they serve no real purpose.
Pitchforks are actually quite useful. They're the fencer's dismount weapon. And as you cannot craft good pitchforks with magic properties (due to a lack of runic tinkering tools), the looted pitchforks sometimes come in handy.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with everything but:

Pitchforks are actually quite useful. They're the fencer's dismount weapon. And as you cannot craft good pitchforks with magic properties (due to a lack of runic tinkering tools), the looted pitchforks sometimes come in handy.
Meh, just get a UBWS club. Its the perfect dismount weap... one handed, so you can use it with a shield, and a very fast base swing speed.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, just get a UBWS club. Its the perfect dismount weap... one handed, so you can use it with a shield, and a very fast base swing speed.

What if someone is running an evade fencing dexxer?

I agree with the other dude, leave pitch forks in the game. Just because you don't use them doesn't mean no one else does.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If every treasure chest gave out a high quality magic item every player would have had their perfect suit done 4 years ago. This is the problem with items never wearing out, if you make stuff get then you eventually don't need to anymore. Treasure Hunting worked Pre-AOS because items did break and you did lose them. How many T-Maps would it take before you had a suit, 10? 30? 100? Then you factor in all the stuff players will be selling.

The only reason players are still trying to build suits is because really good armor is so tough and expensive to get. If it became so easy to build a permanent suit then UO is going to get boring really fast because PvM will be dead.

J

jelinidas

Well now I see that we can turn in treasure maps in pub 53. At least they have a purpose now. :lol:

K

Killian

If every treasure chest gave out a high quality magic item every player would have had their perfect suit done 4 years ago. This is the problem with items never wearing out, if you make stuff get then you eventually don't need to anymore. Treasure Hunting worked Pre-AOS because items did break and you did lose them. How many T-Maps would it take before you had a suit, 10? 30? 100? Then you factor in all the stuff players will be selling.

The only reason players are still trying to build suits is because really good armor is so tough and expensive to get. If it became so easy to build a permanent suit then UO is going to get boring really fast because PvM will be dead.

Yup! I agree with this. So why not make it when you repair an item, it's duribilty takes a decent loss... I remember having to carry some times spare parts of armor due to the fact some of mine was going to break... even if it was great armor.. it made me have to go out and get more to replace it... I honestly don't care if I had a Crazy wepon that I may have paid big gold for break, it's fun trying to replace the thing :) I would love to see types of weapons do more damage to armor as well. fighting a Macing type player or monster would totally trash your armor... and in all reality, that makes sense.

I think T-maps should spawn good items, maybe even chances at great items, but they have to make the items break and be replaced.

Having T-maps bumped up to be a main part of the game would not only get players PvM'ing all sorts or monsters and dungeons, it would make up a all around better place to enjoy due to the fact you don't have to only be limited to the crazy high end monsters to be able to get anything of value. This puts casual players as well as players who like to solo adventure back to having a point to their game playing.

I can't tell you how many times I find my self wanting to just go to a dungeon to kill stuff but realizing there is no point because theres no reward or benifit to it. I'm not much of a social person in uo, though i do like guild hunts and love to go out in groups. Just timing makes it tough to do this a lot of the time.... Tmaps was something I LOVED to get.. it brought another reward and adventure to do. Hope the Dev's realize the importance of this... this could be something to stimulate the stagering UO numbers.... even if it's just a little. :)

D

Dreadlord Galaad

I like your last sentence, "If it became so easy to build a permanent suit then UO is going to get boring really fast because PvM will be dead."!
Well, I play UO ONLY because PVM IS DEAD !
That can sound weird but I dont like pvm at all, and Im really happy that there are still a few games where you can play it without doing any pvm. Actually, I have a Thunter but I don't use it because the chances to get a good item is too low. Now, its better to use runic and barbed kits to get some uber stuff. Unfortunally, there isnt any runic tinkering tool so its impossible to make jeweleries and a few weapons like a cleaver :thumbdown:
In my opinion, to make thunter interesting again, devs should change the intensity and nbr of properties of the items.

Here is an example of loot system:
Each items has % chances to have some better properties following that chart
The item should get some extra special hues :thumbup:
Plain map : 50% chances that the item is plainly crafted : 1-3 properties. 10% up to 100% intensity
Adeptly map : 40% chances that the item is adeptly crafted :2-3 properties 25-100% intensity
Expertly map : 30% chances that the item is expertly crafted : 2-4 properties 40-100% intensity
Cleverly map : 20% chances that the item is cleverly crafted : 3-4 properties 50-100% intensity
Deviously map : 10% chances that the item is deviously crafted : 4-5 70-100% intensity
Ingeniously map : 5% chances that the item is ingeniously crafted : 5 properties 85-100% intensity

That would be so sweet to have a system like that :drool:

S

somerandomguy2

I like your last sentence, "If it became so easy to build a permanent suit then UO is going to get boring really fast because PvM will be dead."!
Well, I play UO ONLY because PVM IS DEAD !
That can sound weird but I dont like pvm at all, and Im really happy that there are still a few games where you can play it without doing any pvm. Actually, I have a Thunter but I don't use it because the chances to get a good item is too low. Now, its better to use runic and barbed kits to get some uber stuff. Unfortunally, there isnt any runic tinkering tool so its impossible to make jeweleries and a few weapons like a cleaver :thumbdown:
In my opinion, to make thunter interesting again, devs should change the intensity and nbr of properties of the items.

Here is an example of loot system:
Each items has % chances to have some better properties following that chart
The item should get some extra special hues :thumbup:
Plain map : 50% chances that the item is plainly crafted : 1-3 properties. 10% up to 100% intensity
Adeptly map : 40% chances that the item is adeptly crafted :2-3 properties 25-100% intensity
Expertly map : 30% chances that the item is expertly crafted : 2-4 properties 40-100% intensity
Cleverly map : 20% chances that the item is cleverly crafted : 3-4 properties 50-100% intensity
Deviously map : 10% chances that the item is deviously crafted : 4-5 70-100% intensity
Ingeniously map : 5% chances that the item is ingeniously crafted : 5 properties 85-100% intensity

That would be so sweet to have a system like that :drool:
No way. The intensity are too high. The maps are too easy to do. There is almost no danger with the right character and the maps aren't rare. They're so easily farmed. One person can do a level 6 map in like 15 minutes or less. The game will just get flooded with more uber weapons.

M

mmmbeer

how about having something equivalent to strongbox loot in the chest instead of endless garbage items...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well the horses aren't totally useless :thumbup: however you do need to be into deco to find the use!

But yes, most T-Maps and SOS loot is pretty bad, although I like the amount of scrolls and gems on the SOS's and the amount of regs in the T-Map chests, it is just the totally useless items that area pain to wade through.

It would be nice to see less items and better mods on those that are in there. I fished up 30 SOS's yesterday and kept 2 average items for enhancing. I make more money off selling the actual shipwrecked chests than the items in em lol!

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had about 95 level 6 maps I kept in my bank just waiting for a loot change. I finally gave up about a year ago and turned in about half for the library collection. I still have 50 or so but never do them because it is like pulling fingernails with the crap they give and the amounts you have to dig through.

I have a friend who has 4 full containers of soss which just sit because of the lame return for all the work of sailing to the spot than fishing them up. I would have to rate the mib/sos as worse than tmaps due to the sailing required, but they are both in a pretty crummy state.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

A

Azureal

What if someone is running an evade fencing dexxer?

I agree with the other dude, leave pitch forks in the game. Just because you don't use them doesn't mean no one else does.
Now that I know they serve a purpose, Id happily reconsider them being removed from the list of useless crap.

Magic properties or not, how many people remain using it as an offensive weapon once the player has been dismounted anyway?

My post wasnt meant to be as harsh as you made it sound (bolded text), just a way to clear up Tmap chests. Take the pitchforks out of the chests and put them on Balrons for all I care.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've posted a lot of these "improve t-map loot threads". At one point, Jeremy and Leurocian replied, but I'm starting to believe they just wanted me to shut up...

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree. Tmap loot is pretty much a joke even the level 6maps aren't worth doing anymore. Not only that but it now seems the devs have verified for us that this is infact true and that Thunting is pretty much a joke by lumping the tmaps in as turn ins with Xmas decorations and Valentine's cards. If that doesn't say something about what they think about the thunting profession I don't know what does.

What do you want us to do now devs? Turn in all our maps and then stone all our Thunting skills so we can lock them down in our houses next to our dusty thief skills? Then forget that yet another of UO's uniquest professions ever existed?

To top it all off instead of making the minor artis from Ilsh and Level 6's part of the next turn in phase to encourage us to do them they just say screw it Thunting is so crappy we'd rather you just turn in the maps and forget about this profession all together!

Truly shameful.....

J

J0KING

100% agree!!!

I have a house literally filled with Tmaps. Back in the day I decided to create a Thunter to start using up all those maps. Problem was, the maps were fun and all, but there was no point in the time spent digging all of them up. Better "treasure" could be found on critters and then with AOS the bosses in the gauntlet. Really the hunt for good items was better found in dungeons.

They tried to give the Tmaps some love by adjusting the loot and adding Lvl 6 maps... but still there was more to be found in the dungeon. Currently the 200 points in Cartography and Lockpicking sit on a soulstone in hopes that one day they may serve a purpose again. But until then, having the chance to turn them in sounds great to me.

Have Fun!!!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be differences in how items can be accquired:
Some item categories should only be available from certain monsters, others from other monsters. Why should a lich carry a slayer of his own kind?
What needs a dread spider human armor for?

Some stuff should only be craftable - i.e. Spellbooks are a good example.

Other stuff should only be available from Fishing and again other stuff from Treasure hunting and all this (including low level stuff) should be usable, without too quick market saturation.
Maybe treasures and items from ship wreck could contain also a mix of all available ingame ressources and other items, including better ones, which have been sold to NPC vendors or decayed after an IDOC fell. And maybe the infamous looting liches should put their loot also in T-chests.

Why not even a very rare token or game time code?

T-Chests and shipwreck items should contain an element of surprise and a value, which gets the former addiction to them back.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When things don't break all loot eventually sucks unless they constantly ramp up the power.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea with this decent pub finaly comming up i can make more storage in my house and get rid of all thoese tmaps, mobs and nets, i can finaly store the important items agin.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if they just added some items you can only get from T-maps it would revitalize them for a while at least. Make the items harder to get of course, but only obtainable from T-maps. The only item like that at this time that is even cool is the Candelabra of Souls and it still sells pretty well, but more than one item would be nice and getting a steed or Luna's Lance is like a slap in the face for doing a level 6 map.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if they just added some items you can only get from T-maps it would revitalize them for a while at least. Make the items harder to get of course, but only obtainable from T-maps. The only item like that at this time that is even cool is the Candelabra of Souls and it still sells pretty well, but more than one item would be nice and getting a steed or Luna's Lance is like a slap in the face for doing a level 6 map.

What we need on top:
not only level 6 boosted, there must be a reason for the level 1 bis 5, too.
This should not only be items, but also consumables.
Maybe that single usage tool of guaranteed enhancement as a rare reward.
A glowing gem, which can be used on an item with less than the maximum properties to add the nightsight property.
The armor converter tool, which allows you to make that clowns hat to a serious looking hat or convert the ugly platemail helmet to a closed helmet.
The single use tokuno dyes would also perfectly fit.
A mark stone, which allows any char without magery, to mark a rune.
Something like the teleport rings from the past, which came very useful in the lost lands to keep up with the group of mages.
A vial of fluid, which, if used, reduces the chances, to anger a pet during taming.
A magical bag, which allows you one time (item?) access to the bank box from your home to get those 60k stacks of boards/leather/gold to the bank without endless traveling.
A pet dye, which wears off after 24 hours.
A scroll, which gives the reader a guaranteed gain in a skill without interfering with GGS.
And so on ...
*Salute*
Olahorand

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pre AOS the loot was better overall.

Level 1 Tmaps you could get Vanqs
Stealing from NPC's netted good loot.
Kaladun was a good place to hunt, etc.

G

galefan2004

I totally agree with the loot needing improvement.

G

galefan2004

I have to agree about the Loot in t hunts, you get better loot off the kills if you are wearing good luck then out of the chest.
In the defense of that loot...it sucks to unless its jewelry because crafted items will kick its arse. I mean, what a great game when the best loot in the game comes from bod scripters.

What also sucks is getting a ML artifact out of a Level 6 map like the wood steed, or the artic mace, both should not be "level 6" artifacts. With all the risk fighting the 4 guardians we should get something a lot better then a wood horse!?
I think you mean not getting ML artifacts and instead getting those trashy Ilshenar artifacts that were susposed to be updated and ever were. I would argue that out of all those items 4 are useful for suits (Heart of Lion, Violet's Courage, Shield of Invulnerability, and Dread Pirate's Hat) and 1 is actually sought after for decorative properties (Candelabra of Souls). All the rest are junk...hopefully the fact that the junk can be turned in soon will up its a value a little though.

G

galefan2004

I think most of us are with you on the need for an overhaul. emphasis on the LONG overdue 5+ years is insane!

An indicator as to how unpopular they are, I bought a load of maps for my new Cartman then foolishly picked up 100s at a couple of IDOCS so after I GMd cartography, I just dumped over 400 level 1 and 2s and even a few level 3s at a some of the banks for folks to just pick up - in bags of 20. I popped back to see if they were moving and an hour later only a few of the bags had been grabbed and even the level 3s were still there :(
Damn. I would have grabbed them all but to turn into the library not to actually do. I turned in a chest full of level 5s I got from an IDOC to the library. I can do level 6s in the same time it takes me to do a level 5 and I can get barbed hides from the level 6s. Its sad when you only do t-maps hoping they will spawn with ancient wyrms so you can get hides.

G

galefan2004

Another Idea is maybe to have a set of maps levels 1-6 to be able to obtain an arty you have to finish the set in a certain time limit. That would even make it more player base. Because with the beefed up AW on a level 6 there is no way someone can solo those..
Wrong...they are completely soloable with a tamer using a greater dragon...actually they are pretty freaking easy. You can make a tamer t-hunter without having to give up that much.

I remember the silver weapons we found in the chest. that was cool. I had bunch of those and they turned to crap after one of the pubs. I was sick. I collected and bought most of them, and they turned them into useless items. A silver weapon was the bomb back then.
That "publish" would be called AoS. All items went to crap then.

G

galefan2004

No one is saying that it should be in every chest or even 100 chests. They are just saying that it should be possible to get good items in chests. It is currently not possible. Treasure hunters want a reason to do maps that is unique to them and getting one decorative item or one decent suit peice in each 100 maps is not going to flood the market with uber items. It is funny how this arguement is the end all from people with finished suits though.

The only reason players are still trying to build suits is because really good armor is so tough and expensive to get.
Unless you are one of those running the bod scripts.

If it became so easy to build a permanent suit then UO is going to get boring really fast
Judging from another one of your posts it already is so nothing will change.

because PvM will be dead.
Judging from another one of your posts it already is. Also, why do you think the majority of players want uber suits...ITS NOT FOR PVP. Its so that they can do things in PvM easier. That means that PvM is the end all get all for having items be increased, and PvM itself bennefits from new decent items being introduced.