• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

'Tis Nothing Sacred?

Omen Tailamont

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My fellow citizens,

I am of Yew. I grew up here from the time I was a teenager. Though, there was a regrettable period of absence, I have always considered these woods and this place to be my home. I'm a declared Yew citizen. I vote here. I am of Yew and yet, unarmed and having committed no crime, several of Yew's citizens were brutally assaulted within the walls of Empathy Abbey last eve.

Will you stand for this?

The sacrosanct and inviolate law of the land to shed no blood within it's hallowed Halls was recklessly cast aside by blood thirsty cretins- invited by a puppet governor (who is- by her own volition- absent from her duties) from lands outside our homes. These barbarians from outside Yew and their puppet governor want nothing more than to hold beautiful Yew beneath their booted heels as they desecrate our customs and pillage our lands; ensuring that her home- Skara Brae- profits from the hard work and sacrifices of our citizenry!

Will you allow this?

My fellow citizens, Mikael D'Amavir is also of Yew. Years ago, certainly long before most of you probably remember, a terrible evil threatened our beloved lands. It was not an evil the likes of which we face currently from Skara Brae, but evil just the same. In their most desperate hour of need and with no hope, the citizens of Yew turned to Mikael and appointed him the Protector of Yew- a title he still embraces proudly to this day.

Mikael D'Amavir did not cower from the evil then just as he will not cower from the evil now, and, so, fellow citizens, I ask you:

Will you join him and rid Yew of the heathens from beyond our boarders; invited into our homes by a false governor?

"Tis better to die on your feet then to live on your knees," I once read in an ancient tome. The words were just as true then as they are now and I- for one- choose the side that has always supported and defended the City of Yew.

What will you tell your children years from now when they ask you what happened to our beloved homeland?

Sincerely,

Omen Tailamont,
Citizen of Yew

Last edited: