• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tirnua T-Shirts & Apparel

D

debslee

Awesome, check out the latest from the Blog here:

Tirnua T-Shirt Designs now available for sale
September 3rd, 2008 by Margaret

We are pleased to announce that some of the t-shirt designs you saw last week are now up on a website for sale! You can see them here: http://www.cafepress.com/tirnuastore. There are two designs from the several that you saw last week. Please check back often as we will be adding, refining, and updating the designs frequently. This will include special edition shirts and designs.

I received great feedback from so many of you, thank you very much! We will be working to integrate these ideas.

We are working on finding a way to track your purchases in order to reward you in the game. In the meantime, if you do make a purchase on the site, please make sure to send an email to Audrey’s attention at audrey@ tirnua.com with your order number in the title. Your purchase is essential to helping offset our development costs in the early stages of making Tirnua a reality.

By the way, on the same page, you can also have the logo on coffee mugs (which turns out to be useful for coffee fiends like myself!).

Thank you for your creativity and enthusiasm, this makes the process an energizing and rewarding one for our team.

Margaret

So are you going to purchase one? :D

G

Gracie Nito

Already Did. Received my UPS tracking number today!

R

Rain Cloud

I bought a coffee mug and recieved it in the mail today :)

P

Palin

I'm not sure I should even post this, but I do have a question. I read about once a week the blog for Tirnua so I feel I'm keeping informed, but I don't see where the game is playable yet, or have I missed something?

The thing is, I can't imagine why people are buying real life merchandise for Tirnua when they don't even know if they'll like the game?

Believe me, this isn't one of those famous "aj down" posts where I'm trashing Tirnua, because I'm certainly not, I just can't figure this one out. I actually do hope Tirnua survives, but I do have my doubts. From what I've read, it sounds like the money will have to be bought thru Paypal (you can't earn money in the game, but can get money sometime for random events), so I can't help but feel this game is another Second Life with a twist (the twist being the environment)... and we all know how big SL is, so how can a game that is going in that direction hope to make it to the bigtime when SL is already so huge? Argh, I'll hush now. I was just curious why people are already buying merchandise.

Palin (Karma Sutra from the TSO stratics days)

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its a gesture of support for the devs. They dont have the backing of a huge corporation so every little bit helps. If we dont support them now we may never get to see what the game can be. Oh and it is playable in a very limited form, pretty good start for only a few months into development.

G

Gilly

On one hand, if the game is either a flash in the pan or a huge success, the t-shirts will be collector items....eventually. :D

On the other, who can't use another cool product placement T-Shirt? :thumbup1:

K

Katheryne

I'm not sure I should even post this, but I do have a question. I read about once a week the blog for Tirnua so I feel I'm keeping informed, but I don't see where the game is playable yet, or have I missed something?

The thing is, I can't imagine why people are buying real life merchandise for Tirnua when they don't even know if they'll like the game?
Actually, this is a very valid question. Even I, when I first saw that announcement, had wondered what the heck these guys were thinking (and I still do, to some extent).

I believe it's done for two reasons. First and foremost, it's to get a revenue stream going so they can basically keep the lights on. The game environment is extremely harsh for upstart companies, even those run by veterans, until they can get an actual product out. The second is just simply to generate and maintain a little excitement and anticipation through the dry boring periods where the development is focused on back-end work - stuff that is critically important yet not exactly conducive for "show and tell".

P

Palin

Thanx for the responses... I think I understand now... I sure hope this game takes off, I keep waiting for a "beta" to open because I sure plan on checking it out.

I think it's a nice gesture that you guys are showing support by buying the merchandise, I was just truly wondering if I'd missed something along the way, but this I can understand. It's not something that I'd do, but I think you guys are terrific to have so much faith.

lol @ Gilly's comment: "On the other, who can't use another cool product placement T-Shirt?"

So, let's keep our fingers crossed that Tirnua will be a success!

Palin :thumbsup:

G

Gracie Nito

I was lucky enough to spend countless hours sitting around in EA-Land town hall listening to the developers answer endless questions about the developement of EALand. I admired their dedication of trying to communicate with players.

On a few occasions when they weren't being bombarded about complaints or answering the same question over and over again.....

I caught glimpses of a new world they envisioned. These glimpses were never enough for me to fully understand their dream world completely. I was always awakened before the dream fully materialized in my head. I'm still interested in seeing more of this dream.
I really don't believe Tirnua will be just another second life and yet, I cannot pinpoint the reason why or how it will be different.

I admired the talents of these developers and wanted to support them in their future dreams.

Will they create a game I am interested in playing at all? I really have no clue. But at least I'll be able to say...

Been there, got the T-shirt!

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good points Gracie. I really enjoyed the many hours talking to the devs in the pub, especially in the early days in TC3 with Greg and Lee. They really fired my imagination. Greg had a wonderful vision for TSO, I have to believe he will bring that along to Tirnua. I also do not know if it will be a game I want to play but I stand behind the devs 100% as I always did before. I maintain that if anyone can do it they can!