• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tired of being jerked around? Read this thread.

G

I'll try not make this into a "rant n flame" thread, because I am honestly 100% serious here.

Okay, I'm gonna try and do things in order here. So.

The dev's "discontinue" perhaps the best feature of UO, which was EM events, for "weekly" developer approved events. The then dev's had told us that SA would be out within months after KR, then they tell us that SA is being halted to produce KR, we get some "ok" at best events, then they release KR and it's clearly unfinished, then they pretty much halt every single publish of the game to "fix" KR's bugs, after much whining the players win and a minor PvP publish is put in some of which could argue 75% of it was unnecessary and stupid.

The publish is put in and we would not see another proper publish for months, events had stopped (with the exception of "oh, right, events, lets just make some test shard and rename it or invade somewhere") and ALL of the events that happened previously remained TOTALLY unfinished with it being quite clear that the dev's had no idea where they were going with the story line or were to lazy to implement it. The dev's move states again and again and to this day we haven't received REAL new content for 886 Days -- or -- 126 Weeks and 4 Days and that was the stuff up that was mondains legacy.

If your tired of this, instead of making threads (quite like this one shockingly) on UO. hall whining about it while the dev's sit in their "office" playing WoW or warhammer. Why not do something about it? Why not have a strike on a shard like back in the good ole days? Why not give the devs a date and say "Hey, if you don't give is something feasible enough by x, we're gonna get every single person to go to x, and protest about how bad you guys have been"?

Is it really too much to ask the dev's for proper content, you don't HAVE to do it in an expansion that we pay for... why not simply just add a new boss with rare new drops into a certain place, you do it all the time on test center? I mean adding a PvP version of snowball wars is content too, you already have that design.

Look at some of the post's from members of EAmythic:

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, we have things coming, including much more information. No, we aren't ready to share that information yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

At least let you guys know that work is preceding, things are getting done, and the sky is not falling.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

They are certainly hard at work - although of course you won't see the fruits of their labor until the publish actually hits Test.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Won't have an actual QA-checked list until mid-next-week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they say that LAST week?

I say we set THEM a date, being Wednesday next week, hell if they don't meet it why not go onto a shard like Atlantic or great lakes... go to castle british, or luna, it doesn't really matter... and show how much this means to EVERYONE who plays UO that we are NOT getting ANY content.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I say we set THEM a date, being Wednesday next week, hell if they don't meet it why not go onto a shard like Atlantic or great lakes... go to castle british, or luna, it doesn't really matter... and show how much this means to EVERYONE who plays UO that we are NOT getting ANY content.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have them come up with some bug-free content that has been properly thought through, than some rushed thing.

1 bug can ruin UO's economy for months. UO's economy is by far one of the most dynamic and unique aspects of the game. But it's also fragile.

Anyway, be patient. I'm sure a protest will not make them work any harder than they already are. They are not looking to torture us on purpose. Do you really think they are going like 'Hey Jim, I just delayed the new content for another week. That'll teach those ****s!' 'Good job Joe, you show 'em!'.

G

The current developers are repeating the exact same mistakes from ~7 years ago. First they develop a secret client which they hype up. But it comes out a buggy mess and looks awful (Third Dawn/Kingdom Reborn). Then they force people to use the new client for the next expansion (Ilshenar/Stygain Abyss). But it does not work and people give up on the client. They then revert the art (Third Dawn ground to 2D/KR items to 2D).

Then there is the infamous discontinuation of Scenarios because the developers simply could not handle producing worldwide events and update the game. So what do they do? Cancel EM program and stick the developers with creating worldwide content again. And once again it falls apart because the UO team is simply not large enough to handle it. The game is suffering even more because a good chunk of the team got laid off. So while we may be getting some kind of event soon, it is at the cost of working on anything else. And right now we need a new expansion with substantial content instead of a limited duration event.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you really think they are going like 'Hey Jim, I just delayed the new content for another week. That'll teach those ****s!' 'Good job Joe, you show 'em!'.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me.

G

My problem is that only one other game interests me and it's still in clan beta. It is more likely that I would simply quit playing MMORPG's. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I just have a feeling that something good will come with patience, though most of the evidence is to the contrary.

I think I'm correct when I say that the devs and producers are probably a little worried that so many people have called it quits. And I think reading all our complaints here on Stratics probably does light a fire (even a small one) under their collective behinds. I don't remember such an overwhelming amount of negative posts in the years I have logged into Stratics.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My problem is that only one other game interests me and it's still in clan beta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, darkfall or age of conan? Probably darkfall.

But your right, once those games come out... I really don't think UO will survive, and I've always laughed when people have said that.

I

imported_Heartseeker

A protest sounds like it might get someone's attention.

The problem that is the most apparent is that theses little tidbits anger, if anything, the vets that play.

If UO was mostly new players it would be different; but it is the veterans that pay the bills here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

My problem is that only one other game interests me and it's still in clan beta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, darkfall or age of conan? Probably darkfall.

But your right, once those games come out... I really don't think UO will survive, and I've always laughed when people have said that.

[/ QUOTE ]DF's in a beta???
My money's on AoC, out of the two

G

It says on DF's website that it's in clan beta, but I don't think it actually is. Doubt it will ever get released.

I

imported_dexdash

comon guys this last year wasnt so bad. candle of love or light or whatever that was. and the mag event was way fun on seige, cant say for the rest of you but when i went to GL it was lame. you really cant expect more that somthing cool every quarter there is just to much to do.

I

imported_Heartseeker

You serious?

No expansion in more than two years; and maybe not another one ever is not a good thing imo.

While those 2 events were fun they should not have replaced real world content.

And let's not forget that last year also gave us the buggiest client in history of mmo's.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

lol

"Real" new content.

Some out there will say even ML doesn't count as "real" new content.

"This is jut pixel crack, give us REAL new content." What part of UO is supposed to be non-pixels bewilders me.

*shrugs*

Whatever. I wish there were more content too but....."Real" is one of those words that can mean whatever you want it to.

-Galen's player

G

Oh speaking of false promises, I just remembered how EA were meant to "Revamp" all the legacy dungeons. Haha, another one that never came true.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

lol

"Real" new content.

Some out there will say even ML doesn't count as "real" new content.

"This is jut pixel crack, give us REAL new content." What part of UO is supposed to be non-pixels bewilders me.

*shrugs*

Whatever. I wish there were more content too but....."Real" is one of those words that can mean whatever you want it to.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not around for ML release... but when I upgraded, I was let down.

The new "lands" to explore are just narrow alleys with things that dispense pixel crack. It forces an upgrade for players to remain competitive, but it is not very creative and does not enhance a player's experience, it merely allows them to stay competitive. The same way, I understand, that WoW offers expansions which players are forced to get to remain competitive.

On a side note... now that Ilshenar is year's old.... activate recall there... because it is annoying. I figure it no recall was put in to eliminate a whole bunch of non-registered users from getting to the content, but now that is a moot point, so allow recall.

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering where Surgeries and his entourage are at on this thread, personally. Apparently, he doesn't show his face when a current player has problems with the game, only when a disgruntled former player is upset with the state of the game. We'll see what happens though, I suppose.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I'm wondering where Surgeries and his entourage are at on this thread, personally. Apparently, he doesn't show his face when a current player has problems with the game, only when a disgruntled former player is upset with the state of the game. We'll see what happens though, I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

My oh my...you really have it out for 'us'. Eh?

LOL.

I agree we need more content...I agree that KR was released too soon.

I agree that there is much to do in UO to improve the game.

But I have said all that, already.

Do you need a link to it, there, Thefly of LS? You SEEM fairly technically savvy...if you aren't savvy enough to link to my other posts on the matter...just let me know...I will be happy to provide them.

I will say that this has been a rough year for UO, but if you know anything about most anything, particularly "Cycles" in business...you would know that every downturn can lead to upturns...in fact...nothing goes up and to the right, forever. Nor, ususally, down and to the left, for that matter.

So...it is likely that, given the number of people even on UHall that seem to be taking a new look at KR (if you need a link to my post on that, let me know...you SHOULD be able to find it yourself, using the "Search" function...but then again...you were adamant that YOU, nor ANYONE had dissed players, that played the current "Pile of Rubbish", as YOU called it...and you had written those very words, yourself, in that same thread...so it is anyone's guess, I am guessing
)...and how far KR has come, in many people's opinion (although it still needs a LOT of work)...and now that the Devs that moved may actually be settling in (all things that the complainers seem to forget about...in fact...did ANY of the people complaining just move completely across the country, with their job never ending, in the meantime?) it is likely there are some much better times ahead.

Not for many of the complainers, though. It wouldn't really matter much if the Devs made them all cake and ice cream, IMO...they would complain that there was too much sugar, I am betting.

Anyway...an upturn is likely...IMO...that is 'my' take on the matter...not that it really matters to you...but here...here is a cookie...

I hear that Trolls like cookies.

G

Howabout Sunsword's claim that trammel wouldn't be a mirror of the (at that time) current land mass?

I've already sold my castle on siege.

I think its time I just do the prep work to sell all I've got and give up on UO.

Honestly I log on, try to find some PvP away from the gate for a bit, and then stare at my screen wishing there was PvP... then walk away...

I can play counterstrike for free all day long, and have a much more enjoyable experience, then the last 4-5 years of UO.

G

If UO hadn't become a content based game, more content would not be constantly needed.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Don't confuse content with items.

UO hasn't been about content for a long time.

It is very item based though.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

Don't confuse content with items.

UO hasn't been about content for a long time.

It is very item based though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

Look at some of the post's from members of EAmythic:

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, we have things coming, including much more information. No, we aren't ready to share that information yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

At least let you guys know that work is preceding, things are getting done, and the sky is not falling.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

They are certainly hard at work - although of course you won't see the fruits of their labor until the publish actually hits Test.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Won't have an actual QA-checked list until mid-next-week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just HOPE this is some sort of disinformation campaign or media blackout in preparation for something really good. I am honestly, 50/50 on this idea.

The hopeful 50 says "I just can't believe things would sputter this bad if they weren't working on some new amazing unbelievable thing that they have to keep out of the public eye."

The Debby Downer 50 says "Things sputter when they are dying."

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

Honestly I log on, try to find some PvP away from the gate for a bit, and then stare at my screen wishing there was PvP... then walk away...

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Sad thing is it would be so easy to fix that situation. They wasted all that time 'changing' champs which has just made them even more unlikely to be done.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It says on DF's website that it's in clan beta, but I don't think it actually is. Doubt it will ever get released.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been in "clan beta" for 3 years now.
People just need to face the fact that game isn't happening.

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

My oh my...you really have it out for 'us'. Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. Yeah...that's it...

And I'm sure you've been told a multitude of times before given you behavior here on the boards, but I figured I would remind you, since you deem it your duty to do so with everyone else. You do know what assuming things tends to do, correct? Just thought I'd remind you of that and give you some food for thought. Carry on...

G

I'm sticking with my theory that they are intentionally driving a nail in the UO coffin to destroy the game so they can justify shutting it down... when it finally loses enough players that it no longer generates a profit then you can bet your bottom dollar they will shut it down.... It might not necessarily come from the DEV team but EA in general seems to have this despirate desire to destroy UO in any way they can.... and it shows.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Anyway...an upturn is likely...IMO...that is 'my' take on the matter...not that it really matters to you...but here...here is a cookie...

I hear that Trolls like cookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I always heard trolls enjoy handing out cookies.

G

Germanicus07

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sticking with my theory that they are intentionally driving a nail in the UO coffin to destroy the game so they can justify shutting it down... when it finally loses enough players that it no longer generates a profit then you can bet your bottom dollar they will shut it down.... It might not necessarily come from the DEV team but EA in general seems to have this despirate desire to destroy UO in any way they can.... and it shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't agree with you more. The longer the lack of information, content, expansion, patches goes, the more of a hole they will dig for themeselves, and at this point, I don't think there is anything that they can do to correct the impression of UO over the course of several years. The game has a reputation of being full of cheats, which never, ever gets addressed, except for them to say it is a top secret plan which never actually happens.

Personally, they should just be honest with the player base, and say that within the next year that UO will finally be done. At least then the players know where they stand, and could have fun while it lasts. But this constant game play that they know they are doing with the player base, doesn't make their case for them. They could care less as long as their paychecks keep coming, and these devs or for that matter the supposed community coordinator and her boss will continue to dodge questions and provide answers till they can't do it anymore, then they will be silent.

ALL COMPANIES work on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and finally annual plans, and these were in place LONG BEFORE THEIR MOVE. So they know what is going on, they are just counting on the player base to keep being suckers and pay for their monthly fees. I for one am glad that my last account is now history. I can walk away knowing that my lesson has been learned when it comes to EA and Mythic and they will never, ever get another dime of my hard earned money.

Germanicus

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Well if EA/Mythic wanted to pull the plug on UO they would just do it and not draw it out like this,or on second thought...they just might. But if thats the case they are just tossing out good money on something they plan to kill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well if EA/Mythic wanted to pull the plug on UO they would just do it and not draw it out like this,or on second thought...they just might. But if thats the case they are just tossing out good money on something they plan to kill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not neseccarily. Not if UO is still making a profit at absolute minimum outlay. That profit can then be ploughed into Warhammer onlines development whilst UO splutters along will almost zero support.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You serious?

No expansion in more than two years; and maybe not another one ever is not a good thing imo.

While those 2 events were fun they should not have replaced real world content.

And let's not forget that last year also gave us the buggiest client in history of mmo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally im glad they quit shoving out exspansions id rather see the time spent fixing the game issues we currently have.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally im glad they quit shoving out exspansions id rather see the time spent fixing the game issues we currently have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. They should be trying to fix all the bugs, glitches broken elements and unfinished parts of the game before churning out expansions.

Expansions sell though and its all about $$$. Pretty short sighted of them though as if you do all the fixes then you retain/add to your playerbase and therefore more profit on a monthly basis as well as the expansions in the future then selling better.

Who are we kidding though. What I'm talking about here is medium to long term planning. EA have no long term plans for this game.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Idea:

No one pays June.

Mass Exodus during that month... EA/Mythic is Hit where it hurts... the pocket.

if no changes, No one pays July...

if no changes, No one pays August...

if no changes, we all come back so our houses dont fall!

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

Someone care to start a poll of who'd actually join in such a campaign for real?
Count me in.

They will never get it unless it is in pure maths- income reduction sort of maths.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

Idea:

No one pays June.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh... Don't think I could live without UO for that length of time, so you would have to count me out.

I just came back a year ago and i'm loving it at the moment, even if the game is going through some rough times.

I think in general you won't find enough support for this type of campaign because there will be alot of people out there like me, that actually play UO, and pay for it, because its something they actually enjoy doing with their leisure time

G

Protests in-game do nothing besides take up a smidgen of bandwith. If you truly wish to show those-that-be something, there must be a mass-exodus of players all stating the same thing either on the close-account-survey-dealy, or once a mass exodus of closed accounts are done, several posted on the "offical" forums.

Remember, those with the money hold the power of those providing the service.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Agreed. They should be trying to fix all the bugs, glitches broken elements and unfinished parts of the game before churning out expansions.

[/ QUOTE ]

/Signed.

<blockquote><hr>

Expansions sell though and its all about $$$. Pretty short sighted of them though as if you do all the fixes then you retain/add to your playerbase and therefore more profit on a monthly basis as well as the expansions in the future then selling better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good point.

<blockquote><hr>

Who are we kidding though. What I'm talking about here is medium to long term planning. EA have no long term plans for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this one. "Good" long term plans? Hmmm...definitely open for debate, there.

"Well Executed" plans in the short term history? Not so much, either. KR...delay of Stygian Abyss. Nope not well done.

But, then again, as it has been stated, the infrastructure for UO is low cost, according to the Producers etc., and there probably weren't ANY long term plans for UO, back in 1997, either. 10,000 Total Players were planned, though...

But here we are...over a decade later...STILL talking about UO, and what will happen.

Interesting, if nothing else...I believe that when the dust settles from the move...which will hopefully be soon...that we will start to see KR improve further, and hopefully get a glimpse of Stygian Abyss, on the horizon. If EA can get those two elements together, and done nicely, in the short term...then hopefully, turnover will go way down, the current team can buckle down, and we can start to see an increase in subscribers.

As to "Long Term" plans...in a rapidly changing environment, like the MMORPG market, I am fairly certain the Long Term Planning (i.e. 2-5 Years) is done with Pencils, and LOTS of erasers.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

LMAO. Yeah...that's it...

[/ QUOTE ]

LYAO...Yeah.,..that's what?

You post in every thread that anyone complains about UO, your prediction of what I will post about the matter, or your ponderance thereof.

So...let me put this another way...me calling you on the carpet, in the cogency and congruity, as well as the contradictions of your posts here, and my views of chronic complainers about UO, has REALLY gotten under your skin.

Good. In that case....LMAO, as well.

Now...how's about you actually address the meat of my previous posts, or go find a new crusade?

I can post my questions/points again, if needed...is that what you would like me to do?

I am very good at dissection, and can gladly carve, and ask you again...you just let me know.

If not...then YOU can just carry the heck on...sound fair there, Pal?

M

mdacc#one

I guess this must be very difficult for them as well. I can imagine them getting together on Monday mornings with things to improve on this big white board. Becuase I am sure they know whats going on as many of them read these threads as well.

So on one hand they have a list of problems that currently exist. Should they focus their energy on that and try to preserve the current subscriber population from falling futher?

or

Should they focus on new content and try to lift the image of this game up once more to attrack new players?

JC is right they have limited resources, these new hires are only devoting half of their time on UO.

I guess the bottom line is, we should be thankful that EA/Mythic still considers this a "profit" and is willing to invest more staff on it. For me, paying a minimal monthly fee with virtually unlimited access to an on-line game, well no complains from me.

The magincian invasion was fun.

The Inu thing was kinda fun.

The Candle of Love, didn't do it

Canceling of EM events (
)

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Idea:

No one pays June.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this:

You go start playing a game, today, and 10 years from now, with ALL that history, work, etc., under your belt, I will come along, play that game for two weeks, and start making recommendations like: "Hey!! I know!! Let's just not pay for the game for three months!! THAT'LL show em!!"

A wee bit short sighted.

Any current players, with their 10 years or so of history wouldn't do this, unless they truly want to shut the doors. And there are some disgruntled enough to do this, and for them, I believe there are some vey good reasons to feel that way.

I prefer to keep being as persistent in submitting Bug Reports for both clients, sending in feedback, and hoping that the move to Fairfax, from California, gets over soon, and we start to see progress on some of the outstanding issues.

I dare anyone..you...Petrify...ANYONE in this thread to move EVERYTHING they own, along with a complete office, completely across the country...families, belongings, and all the rest...and get it ALL done, perfectly, in the time frame that was given, AND keep ALL your customers 99.98% happy the entire time, and NEVER miss a beat, at all...in any way.

I dare anyone to do his.

Good Lord people...be objective here...and please be COMPASSIONATE. YOUR lives weren't turned COMPLETELY upside down with a move completely across country...THEIRS were.

YOUR gaming experience isn't all you want it to be? Understandable. There are many things that need work...many things, right now.

But so is the reason it isn't, at this particular point, too...

If things don't improve in LOTS of ways, by May or June, I would be very surprised. If they don't improve (i.e. Good and Meaningful KR Patches, Announcements on Stygian Abyss, as well as cool stuff in between), you all, even the two week players, will have lots of ammo to put EA, and the Dev Team, down.

There will be a certain contingency on these boards that will put them down, even if they added all the new content anyone could want, fix factions, make PvP meaningful, AND clean all their ouses, and walk their dogs.

But just stop...right now...close your eyes, and imagine moving EVERYTHING you own completely across country, EVERYTHING, with very short notice (at least, I am guessing that this wasn't something known for 6 months before it happened...it could be...but I am thinking it wasn't...)

And please, start the timer for improvements, like now...if they are completely settled in, with the office all set up, etc.

And...for you, Paradox...understand that asking for a strike on these boards...the couple hundred people that DO frequent these boards, doesn't come close to "Hitting EA Where It Hurts". Even 400 Accounts not paid would be...$4,000.00, at $10 per month, or $4,800.00 at $12 per month.

UO probably has 75,000 to 125,000 paying accounts. Since they do not publish numbers, this is an absolute guess, but even if they only have 40,000 total accounts, a 400 account strike would account for about 1% of the total account base. That also means that UO would lose about 1% of it's revenue, for the month, or 3%, grand total for three months.

That would amount to $4,000 X 3, or $12,000.00 on revenue of $1,200,000.00, if all accounts are at $10 per month, both ways, on 40,000 accounts. IF there are more than 40,000 paying accounts, the percentage effect is further diminished.

Get my point? Why not be proactive, and do all YOU can to let EA know what it is you would like to see, with regard to content? To let them know the things that need to get fixed in the game, that you have found? To become very versed in the game, and then do what others have done for you, and help newer players get up to speed, in UO, quickly?

Anyway...

G

Why was this thread moved?

Someone at stratics get a call from EA?

G

It took someone 3 pages of posts to determine it was a rant?

I am sorry but after a page of responses it is no longer a rant it is a discussion.

J

Jackson

You know what, the move may have been a big thing. I can agree with that.
That is about 2 or 3 months lost.
What about all the time between the last expansion till then?
They have done very few things in that time.

Uo is in "zombie mode" as someone said.
I used to have 5 to 7 accounts going for a few years, and just last month I finally canceled my last one.
This game used to be awesome, now its like ho-hum. Still lots to do, but after so many years, it hasnt changed.

Its hard to give up a game you loved for so many years.

G

The one on bonded pets on Siege should have been moved as well.

G

Discussion?
Or...
Other people ranting and/or laying into other posters?

G

I opened my account in Oct. 2000. While it isn't 10 years, it certainly does hold a good while-worth of history. I canceled the first time about 5 years in, then came back a few months later. This has happened a few times, and finally, about last year I closed the account for good, until things finally change(d). If I do feel the UO itch, I can always go play on a free-shard. Sure, it's not the same thing, but it reminds me of why I quit playing such a while ago.

Recently (well, a couple years back), I stumbled upon a little game called Dransik (it's now called Ashen Empire), whose dev-team were once UO'rs. The game is mighty fantastic, and surely beats what UO has to offer at this time (at least for me, I'm sure the rest still playing UO will be biased toward UO).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why was this thread moved?

Someone at stratics get a call from EA?

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens to any thread were EA get totally 100% embarrassed, to be honest I really think the dev's would've pm'ed a mod and told them to move it.