• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] Tinkering Gets a New Pet

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really looking forward to seeing what the viability of this pet is. At the very least, I'm hoping it can a miner's best friend and at the best it would be interesting to see tinkering become part of some kind of viable PVM template.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really looking forward to seeing what the viability of this pet is. At the very least, I'm hoping it can a miner's best friend and at the best it would be interesting to see tinkering become part of some kind of viable PVM template.
It takes 4 slots so for a miner it is totally useless.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Packy on takes 1 slot.
And that limits a miner to 133 large ore or 800 small ore in the packy, and 30-40 ore on them, for a total of 350-450 ingots from a mining trip, compared to taking a fire beetle with them, and being able to mine 4000-5000 ingots in one trip. (not to mention being able to send iron ingots to the bank 1500-2500 at a time with one charge from a bag of sending, as opposed to sending at best 40 or so ore with one charge, to stay out longer).

Lord Frodo is correct.

Zalan, AT BEST, it might be useful for someone using the new "mine only stone" setting in Fel, needing protection. It's worthless for anyone mining anything else.

Attachments

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And that limits a miner to 133 large ore or 800 small ore in the packy, and 30-40 ore on them, for a total of 350-450 ingots from a mining trip, compared to taking a fire beetle with them, and being able to mine 4000-5000 ingots in one trip. (not to mention being able to send iron ingots to the bank 1500-2500 at a time with one charge from a bag of sending, as opposed to sending at best 40 or so ore with one charge, to stay out longer).

Lord Frodo is correct.

Zalan, AT BEST, it might be useful for someone using the new "mine only stone" setting in Fel, needing protection. It's worthless for anyone mining anything else.
I agree, the use of the Fire Beetle is worth more than the strength of this new Tinker pet. Oh well, it still looks like it will be an interesting addition even if I can't use it on my miner. :)