• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Times players would be avaliable for Harrower?

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Best time for Harrower?

• Mon-Fri 8pm Central Time

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Sat-Sun 2pm Central Time

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Sat-Sun 8pm Central Time

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
E

Eyes of Origin

I just want to get an idea of what time the most of you would be up for doing this.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you want to limit invasions...I would say a week night at 9pm pac.

If you want max participation...weekend mid afternoon.

E

Eyes of Origin

Not always true, it just depends on everyone schedules. I've seen EM events dead on the weekends and packed on weeknights.
Considering what looks to be the return of FFBz in Fel and even RENT and SON!, it could be invaded at any of those hours. So no matter what time of day or on what day we do it, theres a high possibility of a raid.

Y

Yen Sid

Re: Times players would be avaliable for Harrower?

day times kiddies will be in school soon LOL so 80 per pvps wont be around
And the rest of us will be at work. During the day is no good during the week. I voted for evenings on the weekend but can easily make it in the evening during the week as well, I would rather do it on a weekend but we will see how the poll ends...

C

Crystal Canyon

As bad as I hate the idea of tons of raiders on the weekend because of school not being in session, it is also true that most of the players that would be able to participate would probably be on the weekend because most work a 5 day week.

I think your poll is the only way to find out what time the people interested in doing the Harrower will be more available.

For me, it would be about anytime except Sunday morning.

E

Eyes of Origin

Still waiting for some ppl to provide info on this. I know alot have said it doesnt matter when, but I'm trying to avoid planning it when most wouldnt be able to.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it always assumed that a certain type of player is a certain age.

Pvpers are all kids.

Well does that make all you PVMERs senior citizens in the senior homes?

I hope to be off the day you do this harrower. :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it always assumed that a certain type of player is a certain age.

Pvpers are all kids.

Well does that make all you PVMERs senior citizens in the senior homes?

I hope to be off the day you do this harrower. :)

No one said they are ALL kids....I think they said they are 80 % kids!

I hope you can make it as well!

E

Eyes of Origin

Toi, please dont make a mess of the thread :( I hope you get to be there too :)

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one said they are ALL kids....I think they said they are 80 % kids!

I hope you can make it as well!
There is nothing wrong with kids. I don't know why the other poster labelled them "kiddies". This shows a lack of regard as an adult more than anything. I have played UO for over 12 years. That was over half of my childhood, which was a well lived childhood.

More than 50% of the PvP population are adults. There is nothing to stop a non-PvP player from becoming a moderately successful PvP player. You will find some examples of this on Origin.

I just want to raise a very valid point in this thread by reminding everybody of the development team's intent when they fundamentalized the game's risk vs. reward system back in 2002.

Ultima Online Post-Renaissance Development Team said:
As a brief preface, we’d like to explain the essential goals of the changes listed in this document.
The below changes should…
Establish an area where non-consensual pvp can thrive for a significant number of UO’s players.
Create a risk versus reward model that encourages non-consensual pvp based around resource control rather than profit from the deceased.
Provide meaningful and compelling rewards for players that successfully adventure in the specified areas.
What this means my friends, is that by playing freely in Felucca you are also assuming the associated risk of playing there also. You may manipulate this as you wish, whether it be by "sneaking" through the lands or playing at times when lower volumes of Felucca-oriented players are online. However it is rude to characterize those of us that PvP as anything other than ordinary, friendly folks that enjoy playing the game our way.

There is plenty of reward for you to cherish in Trammel where you will not have to go out of your way to exemplify or characterize us as children. There you will find a lower risk - with an increased volume of creatures - and hopefully more "adult" friendly environment.

A harrower is a costly award that you should only attempt with confidence.

Best of luck,

Pan

E

Eyes of Origin

=/ This thread was not meant for any of this Toi and Pan, but yes, he said "kiddies" and recently Pan, you have shown yourself to be one of the most immature "kiddies" there could be. Regardless of all that, he was not refering to either of you and you should both be adult enough to leave it alone and not turn it into an arguement. Lets leave it alone.

*Edit* Author, refrain from responding to either of them, please?

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
=/ This thread was not meant for any of this Toi and Pan, but yes, he said "kiddies" and recently Pan, you have shown yourself to be one of the most immature "kiddies" there could be. Regardless of all that, he was not refering to either of you and you should both be adult enough to leave it alone and not turn it into an arguement. Lets leave it alone.

*Edit* Author, refrain from responding to either of them, please?
There is no argument. I am simply sharing the concept of risk vs. reward and its purpose in the game before people needlessly start bashing players. I know you yourself have not played long enough to interpret these very concepts as they were implemented over 7 years ago. And if this thread was meant to be private, I'm sorry but a public forum is not a place to put it.

Regards,

Pan

E

Eyes of Origin

I understand that Pan, but this thread was meant mainly for the purpose of the poll. I'm sorry if he offended you or Toi with the "kiddies" comment. It is a public forum, but some things are still better left alone, dont you think so?

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now. Lets set the actual time and place here on stratics so all the pvpers will know when and where we will be. This is just inviting them to join in the festivities. You know they will stay home from school or work if they know in advance. Pardon me if I seem paranoid. lol :dunce: ;)

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that Pan, but this thread was meant mainly for the purpose of the poll. I'm sorry if he offended you or Toi with the "kiddies" comment. It is a public forum, but some things are still better left alone, dont you think so?
Why should you apologise for wanderer1origin's remark? I was not offended; I was simply stating valid points. Another valid point being that he did not recognize is that there are many "kiddies" that outclass him in Trammel as well. In any MMO you cannot look at age as a clear way to define people or strengths / weaknesses that they have in the game.

A public forum is a place for open discussion, public opinion and to discuss public interest. If you don't like it, schedule more in-game meetings that could take place inside of your private house.

What was to stop you from doing a harrower last night?

E

Eyes of Origin

Because it wasnt planned for last night Pan. Weekends on Origin are dead. Theres no point in planning a Harrower for the weekend cause no one is on. Friday and Sat. nights would be the worst time to even think of doing one. It is a SHARD event, not an R event, so its best to do it when the majority of the players are on.
And you're right, you cant judge the players by their age, believe me I know. There are plenty of people in this game and others I am sure, who are far more talented at PvP and even PvM than I am and are far younger than I am as well. No one should ever try to judge how well a player plays based on their age or assume that all PvPers are kids. The fact is most of the adults who play this game, started as kids and are now adults, such as yourself. I think when people start calling the adults kids its because they act like them in certain situations. I know a 12 year old who plays UO and shows more maturity in Fel than you or I have shown in the recent past. He has also proved that he is better at PvP than myself and most of the people we come across in Fel.
Age should never be a factor when judging a persons talents in game or even out of game.

Also, a note for everyone else, besides our beloved shard reporter, Sara coming to participate. I've received news from our favorite EM's and they will be in attendence as well. :)

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because it wasnt planned for last night Pan. Weekends on Origin are dead. Theres no point in planning a Harrower for the weekend cause no one is on. Friday and Sat. nights would be the worst time to even think of doing one. It is a SHARD event, not an R event, so its best to do it when the majority of the players are on.

Also, a note for everyone else, besides our beloved shard reporter, Sara coming to participate. I've received news from our favorite EM's and they will be in attendence as well. :)
It doesn't matter what day you do it. Quit picking bogus excuses and choose one already.

E

Eyes of Origin

For your information Pan, the date and time have already been choosen. I am sad to say you will have to wait and find out when that is. :)

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's fine. I will be doing a Despise spawn tonight at 6:00PM Pacific, 8:00PM Central, 9:00PM Eastern, Aug/30 10:00AM in Beijing; 5:00AM in Israel time. I hope you can all attend.

E

Eyes of Origin

Point taken Pan, we'll be sure to come pay you a visit. As for the Harrower, the date and time will be posted, just not right this second. Patience my dear Pan, patience.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make sure your cronies on Legends and Great Lakes transfer back on time. That way you present an opportunity to cripple the full effect of your zerg defenses.

E

Eyes of Origin

We arent asking anyone to transfer back. If they still have chars here they are welcome to come raid or defend, that will be their choice.