• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to say Farewell!

N

nixwb

Good luck to those who will continue to play UO. Even though I have been playing for almost 10 years, these last 8-9 months have been nothing but a slow process of picking the game apart. PVP is boring as hell right now, due to the fact that 90% of pvpr's are pretty much running the exact same templates, not because they chose to, but because they are the only templates to use now. 90% of all mages are necromages (because its the only way a mage will have enough offensive power to take on a tanked dexer), 90% of dexers are DP warriors with an idiotic amount of mana to do specials 24/7.

Bushido, rarely seen now, only on dexers.
Ninjitsu, rarely seen now, only on stealthers.
Arcanist is also rarely seen.

Balanced bows is by far the dumbest freaking thing ever. They removed the ability of drinking pots with bow equiped for a freaking reason many years ago. You could have at least made it so only the x-bow could have the balance feature, because the x-bow is the bow that requires both hands only when loading it with a bolt. The heavy has to have two hands at all tiems due to weight, the other bows have to have two hands, one to hold the bow and the other to hold the arrow and string back. The x-bow is the only one that can truly be fired with only one hand. Especially since you all made it so freaking easy for people to craft/farm extremely nice bows with ML. Every peerless boss would drop 1-2 bows that had so many mods, with so many numerous High potency mods, they make the hardest artifacts to get look like garbage, not to mention how freaking easy those runic kits were to get in comparrison to smith hammers.

I still cant believe they put in these Greater Dragons, I mean the rune beetles doing instant kills was bad enough, now they have something that is just as lethal but several times harder for players to kill.

Constant nerfing/debuffing of items or abilities, right when you finally adjusted your template and suit of armor to incorporate them. After you spend hundreds of hours gathering resources, money powerscrolls, etc. Along with spending millions of gold on runics, weapons, jewlry, powerscrolls, etc. All the hours training and working up skills, to have it all flipped upside down, a bokuto that you paid 30 mill for, you would now be lucky to sell it for 3 mill. Or the 100's of million in gold spent on ecru citrines, to finally make a usable pot enhance ring, to have it turned into garbage.

Duping is still a never ending story, everytime the method of duping is discovered and corrected, another way of duping will suddenly manifest itself. So the dupers never stop reaping the rewards, they only just seem to adjust fire and carry on. The only thing that pisses me off about this, is the fact that its pretty freaking obvious someone on the dev team keeps creating a new way so they can continue making all the items they want to sell on these virtual items/gold for real life money web sites. Its simply not possible for a new method/bug to dupe suddenly appears out of know where after a duping bug is discovered and rectified.

As bad as everyone hates all the cheaters/hackers, you really can not expect them to be able to be able to prevent them froming doing so, because first off this game is really freaking old, the coding and networkings methods between players and the servers to be anywhere near as secure as newer online games isnt going to happen, because all the newer games learned from the faults of UO and Diablo to make it more secure. Plus EA isnt going to invest the money or manpower to actually make any kind of difference. Hell to be honest, what should have happened is the integration of whatever the heck these programs do into the game itself. If you cant stop it, then at the very least make it accessible to everyone to even the playing field, which would also stop the a-holes that attach trojans to all these pain in the arse programs from having any chance of jacking into someones computer with promises of uber macros/speed/preferences/ect.

All in all, UO has been an excellent game (minus the past 7-8 months). At one point I was so pissed I wanted to file a lawsuit to get my money back on the samuri and mundains expansions, because they really burned the vast majority of players. You seriously shouldnt do that crap, its like buying a car from a dealership with documentation showing it gets 35 miles to a gallon on highway, then 2-3 months later you realize your only getting 20. However, there are a hell of alot more important problems in the world today, to even bother with, and considering how f-in stupid most judges and jury members are, it wouldnt be right to distract them from screwing up court proceeding and making our judicial system look like a Circus, full of assclowns giving criminals more rights and priveleges than their victims. (For example: the ****** that is serving a life sentence for killing his wife, is in court suing the state, for refusing to give him a sex change operation, because he suddenly decided to literally be a little bwitch.)

So good luck to everyone, and as a parting gift I am going to hold a "Farewell Ceremony", well its actually going to be more like an "Idoc War". All of my gold and items from all my characters will be placed in the house, and considering I am a vet of 10 years its going to be alot of good stuff. So, if you play on the Baja Shard, you should check the forums for Baja often, this Idoc is going to be a controled demolition. I will be posting the time frame, it will be somewhat random, it will most likely be a saturday night, and the time frame will be like 7pm-11pm, I will demolish the house during that 4 hour window, when exactly is going to depends on the turnout. Also, after the demolition I will be placing skulls to summon the harrower. One more night of monstrous battles, before I close my accounts. So if you play on the Baja shard, you should check the forums periodically, sometime within the next month or so I will make the post that will contain date, time, and etc. Now considering the 0.000001 % chance that EAMythc could maybe do something to show that their going to get UO headed back into a better state, because right now UO's is on a vent for life support and there seems to be no hope for improvement. UO use to be such an enjoyable game, but now its frustrating, every changing (for the worst), idiotic cluster-muck of a game, so I can pretty much guarantee the "IODC + Harrower" fight night will happen, so just like lightning miracles dont hit the same place twice, and frankly its a miracle in itself that UO is even around. (Seriously, pvping is almost exactly the way it was after AOS came out, necro's and dpr's) Not to mention how dexers can be able to burn through more mana than a mage thanks to mana leech.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a pity another one leaves but hopefully they will contact you to find out why you left and to actually take onboard your reasons and act on them.
barians door keeps revolving

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sad to see another vet go... :(

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last months before quitting are always the worst.

I have the feeling you killed the game for yourself, by spending too much time, effort and gold on items instead of enjoying the game.

Been there, done it. I changed my playstyle. I'm having fun. I don't care if they make my nice kryss worthless. I'll get a new weapon eventually. I don't try to compete with crazy dudes in Felucca who play 24/7 in order to get the best items.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree ..... don't throw in the towel..... Pick up a robe instead.... change your playstyle not the game.... quit trying to keep up with the Jones's and try a whole new way to play.....

Join RP, learn to PvM.... Go Taming, Treasure hunting.... become a real estate broker, take up crafting..... Begging.... How about running a vendor?... Gardening?? Do a few peerless runs....

Sometimes you get stuck in a rut... Maybe it's time you walk in someone else's shoes for a change and try a new playstyle.

How about building a character on Seige????

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why Dont you pick up a few npc blank books write some stories make a public lyb. pass on some of your voodoo before ya leave. Try something not directly related to uo in uo. Start a service. Take on some trainee's and help them have fun. There is alot of reward in service....and you make alot of good friends.:thumbsup:

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been bored with the game myself. so i started a new character..... no macroing... building it as i go.... hasnt been that bad really... give me something to do... and ive never made a tamer before :D

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bushido, rarely seen now, only on dexers.
Ninjitsu, rarely seen now, only on stealthers.
Does anyone else see something funny? I mean, thats the way IT SHOULD be...Bushido mages with dci back in the day were god awful.

S

Sunrise

aye...I just GM fishing...dang..talk about one heck of a hard skill..and Im having a ball doing the Sos and Net tosses. Also working on tracking and begging. Why? for in the 10 years I been playing I never gmed those.

This game offers so many different roads you can take..But no one takes them....When I GM all the skills...if thats possible..then I will probally hang up my mouse and call it one heck of a good ride..

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya the shotgunned PvP publish surely took out a lot of the diversity in viable pvp templates. Might as well call them classes. Next thing you know it we will be using levels...

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try SP its full of bushidos, ninjas, & mages:)
we do have a bit of a prob with greater dragons but im hoping our devs will nurf them soon:/
i've also played for over 10yrs. everytime i quit i end up coming back lol

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see another non-adaptive crybaby go. Not!!

You can add players like the one anonymously quoted above as another reason to give this game a rest. Seems for every good vet gone two asshats ALWAYS take up the space. For your effort sir in showing empathy to the OP I would like to present you with this one of a kind mushroom stamp....and please be still...dont want to get any of the ink in yer eyez during the forehead impression.

A

AesSedai

- Sunrise
Great post.

When you DO GM the rest I'll suggest, heck, I'll tell ya' what: Have fun with them before you hang up that mouse; for I once heard that cats always like to terrorize the mice before they hang them up. Herding is plenty o' fun. Herd those mice! Track 'em too! Then make 'em beg. Ha-ha-ha! Got forensic evaluation?

Peace OP.

Omnicron: I found it funny too. As I did that the Red Swingline was not; until the OS made it so.

L

Lady_Mina

Go to fell if you want to see the finest examples of shameless multiple bug exploiting.

Speedhack is like a requirement to join some fel guilds.

But i agree PvP is simply ruined.

S

Smokey of LS

lol.... 8-9 years of playin, he has probably did every damn thing you named over 8-9 years and had fun when he first did it, but after the same old crap over and over and over.... it gets old and with nothing new... the old gets older.... and older and older and in uo's case older and older and older and older, may as well just saying boring after doin peerless, pvp, doom, stealing, making chars, fishing, you name it..... we've had 8-9 years to do it and yea looky where we are, being told by peopls thats prob plaed a year or two and still likes doin many of the things THEY haven never did.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell.....it's not the game man, it sure sounds like it's you.
After 10 years of change, who wouldn't have some gripes??
Give all yer junk away, then, when another game "bores" you, you'll be sorry you have nothing upon your return.

I can say that, cause I have seen alot of player come back from kiddieland(WoW), or wherever they went.

later

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with a lot of what you say I myself had to weigh closing my accounts up not because I no longer enjoy the game so much as a sheer lack of things to see and do.

I find it hard to justify paying for the game when there is nothing new to keep my interest. These little events they do are not nearly enough.

What's it been 3 years now without an expansion? I am getting tired of waiting but I hang on because I keep hoping they will release another expansion and that the game will pick back up again. But after this long I am beginning to think that ML was the last expansion we will ever see.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see another non-adaptive crybaby go. Not!!

You can add players like the one anonymously quoted above as another reason to give this game a rest. Seems for every good vet gone two asshats ALWAYS take up the space. For your effort sir in showing empathy to the OP I would like to present you with this one of a kind mushroom stamp....and please be still...dont want to get any of the ink in yer eyez during the forehead impression.
Quality,not quantity, son.

Felucca for sure does not need anymore whining crybabies.
I personally have no concerns about subscriptions and it is damn sure not my responsibility to beg players to stay. There are enough fools on this board attempting that btw.

Its so damn funny how even the biggest piece of ingame/board trash gets a million fond goodbyes and pleas to stay when he/she announces they may quit. All of a sudden the griefing,rezzkilling,countburning blue becomes an incredibly valuable member of the community once he proclaims that he is done with the game(usually for like the 12th time)

Love the ridiculous make believe forehead stamping tho lol.
It makes me quite positive that ingame you have a whole batch of those even more ridiculous trammy emotes that you use quite often while playing your fresh tamer *pulls chain* *sic em* bla bla bla.

Peace :)

M

Mordocuo

I personally have no concerns about subscriptions and it is damn sure not my responsibility to beg players to stay. There are enough fools on this board attempting that btw.

Its so damn funny how even the biggest piece of ingame/board trash gets a million fond goodbyes and pleas to stay when he/she announces they may quit. All of a sudden the griefing,rezzkilling,countburning blue becomes an incredibly valuable member of the community once he proclaims that he is done with the game(usually for like the 12th time)

It makes me quite positive that ingame you have a whole batch of those even more ridiculous trammy emotes that you use quite often while playing your fresh tamer *pulls chain* *sic em* bla bla bla.

Spoken by the person who comes here and admits to buying dupped items claiming that he does nothing wrong in doing so.

Your my hero!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Spoken by the person who comes here and admits to buying dupped items claiming that he does nothing wrong in doing so.

Your my hero!
Nice job not keeping out your personal sentiments against me & misquoting son.

Admits to buying duped items? Uhh,no.

Admits to buying high-end runics off Luna vendors? Yes.

I was going to say that even a total fool would be able to distinguish between the two but based upon your horrible spelling/grammar I would have to give you a pass.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember Jeremy talking about something appalling her. What is appalling to us is the fact that you know this PvP system has been broken for so long and you refuse to make any changes to it. It's almost as if you are catering to the immature crowd that is attracted to it.