• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to Ban Pack Animals at Idocs until Mesanna fixes things?

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
2 patches a day. even 12 hours I thought would kill script programs, o another thread that idea was kicked into the long grass as I was told a certain illegal program self updates almost as fat as game patches, no idea how true that it, but it depressed the hell out of me
This was mentioned few times already and just so you know, the 3rd part program no longer need to be fixed after a mandatory patch, so this will not help at all, The program no longer need to be fixed after a patch, many people already mentioned that.
it got to the point that is ridiculous, scripting to farm, scripting to train toons, scripting to pvm, script for pvp, script for idocs, it is all there, any 5 years old can google and find all , than you have 2 or 3 GM's to police All Shards?.
You can page a GM now and get an answer 2 days later, you email support and you will maybe get an answer a week later.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 patches a day. even 12 hours I thought would kill script programs, o another thread that idea was kicked into the long grass as I was told a certain illegal program self updates almost as fat as game patches, no idea how true that it, but it depressed the hell out of me
LOL, they can't fix problems that have been around for 20 years and you expect them to patch twice a day just so IDOC's can't be script looted? HAHAHAHA, get real.

The answer is clear, learn how to code that unnamed program. It isn't that hard and, with practice, you could be a winner at UO!!!!

So many posts about this topic that I cant remember who said this, but he nailed 100%.

"Bunch of people crying about another bunch of people that got all the bunch of free items that didnt belong to them in the 1st place." Or maybe because someones script is faster than his.
Easy solution for all the problems and no coded need, do not display the stage of the house on the house sign and delete everything as soon as house pooof.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So many posts about this topic that I cant remember who said this, but he nailed 100%.

"Bunch of people crying about another bunch of people that got all the bunch of free items that didnt belong to them in the 1st place." Or maybe because someones script is faster than his.
Easy solution for all the problems and no coded need, do not display the stage of the house on the house sign and delete everything as soon as house pooof.
So basically destroy part of the game that makes it unique from every other game and has been here from the start because of a few scripters, instead of them actually doing there job that they said they were going to do and ban the cheaters. Its not that they cant its that for some strange reason they wont.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't even need to do this and MaryForUO ha it right. A simple daily, bi weekly , whatever patch to break "that scripting program" so often it becomes unmanageable to fix IS the solution. This solution has ALWAYS been there. They refuse to employ it. The only question is why they don't.
I was told that's no longer true and some of the worst offensive programs like the multiboxing stuff aren't effected by publishes... so not sure... that only effects the one program I'm told most people don't use anymore... but I wouldn't know since I don't use any of that I just play the EC with Pinco's UI... and if I'm forced to by some something I use the vanilla EC... which I prefer never to do. It's a rare day in hell if I get into the CC... usually that's only to look at a nightmare.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, they can't fix problems that have been around for 20 years and you expect them to patch twice a day just so IDOC's can't be script looted? HAHAHAHA, get real.

The answer is clear, learn how to code that unnamed program. It isn't that hard and, with practice, you could be a winner at UO!!!!
you are right and no at the same time!
right:
there are problems that have been around for 20 years
not right:
everything else you wrote

mind you I don't want to be a professor or someone's dad, BUT:

1) The game is in this setting because most players think like you. If for you, modifying a component of the game only for a few players is not worth it, then it is not a game worth playing, because if it does not give importance to the requests, whatever they are, it does not deserve to be played.

2) If you write "learn how to code that unnamed program. It isn't that hard and, with practice, you could be a winner at UO" , then I believe that you too are part of those people who do not know how to play but need support to cheat others, just because to get something you have to put more effort into it

Sad to read this....

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot, writing this you're deliberately encouraging to use programs not allowed to get ahead. Do you think these players are better? lol
Those who use these programs are only people who turn everything immediately without struggling ... or they are children or immature adults.
Instead the others who play correctly are obviously more stupid .....

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't even need to do this and MaryForUO ha it right. A simple daily, bi weekly , whatever patch to break "that scripting program" so often it becomes unmanageable to fix IS the solution. This solution has ALWAYS been there. They refuse to employ it. The only question is why they don't.
The sheer ignorance in this scares me. Do you have any understanding of how much work goes into a patch, and you want them daily?! There's already enough complaints about bugs before this horrendous idea gets put into place.

Depending on the problem, yes, that's most likely true. Even if it doesn't, some of the changes don't really take that much to update.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I forgot, writing this you're deliberately encouraging to use programs not allowed to get ahead. Do you think these players are better? lol
Those who use these programs are only people who turn everything immediately without struggling ... or they are children or immature adults.
Instead the others who play correctly are obviously more stupid .....

Do you even know who @Picus at the office is???? LOL
do a little research before coming here and say something that you have NO clue at all...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, this thread is all about greed and nothing more.

The selfishness of wanting the team to patch once or twice a day so a single person can loot a still warm corpse of a former player is disgusting. While you are going through their wallets or purses and throwing away the pictures of their long forgotten children please don't forget those people are never coming back, they never do for more than a month if at all.

Say goodbye.

And I am, indeed, just a troll.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sheer ignorance in this scares me. Do you have any understanding of how much work goes into a patch, and you want them daily?! There's already enough complaints about bugs before this horrendous idea gets put into place.
You assume I am talking about actually patching the client with fixes. Anyone with any common sense would understand its just to change the protocol between client and server to break the scripting programs.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, this thread is all about greed and nothing more.

The selfishness of wanting the team to patch once or twice a day so a single person can loot a still warm corpse of a former player is disgusting.
Ahh you are picking and choosing the reason. Patch to kill the script program. The side effect is fixing the IDOC issue. Maybe you are upset because you script?

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You assume I am talking about actually patching the client with fixes. Anyone with any common sense would understand its just to change the protocol between client and server to break the scripting programs.

and what part of the English that you dont understand that the so called program, no longer need to be updated? you can have 200 patches and the program no longer need to be changed!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and what part of the English that you dont understand that the so called program, no longer need to be updated? you can have 200 patches and the program no longer need to be changed!
Ohhh such strong words from such a tough guy,

Do you know exactly why they can do auto updates??

Ill wait..
No . You dont. I can tell because if you did you could probably work out how to solve this. Then again, maybe not :/

Its because the devs no longer obfuscate the protocol. They stopped doing that a long time ago. If they started doing that again and just issued a small patch the problem would go away.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Law of unintended consequences applies in this case.

Ohhh such strong words from such a tough guy,

Do you know exactly why they can do auto updates??

Ill wait..
No . You dont. I can tell because if you did you could probably work out how to solve this. Then again, maybe not :/

Its because the devs no longer obfuscate the protocol. They stopped doing that a long time ago. If they started doing that again and just issued a small patch the problem would go away.

Uhm

But wait

The people involved on the 3rd part software is like 10 years ahead of the Devs. As matter of fact check the free servers and you will see that the devs took a lot of their ideas to implement on OSI as if were their ideas.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm

But wait

The people involved on the 3rd part software is like 10 years ahead of the Devs. As matter of fact check the free servers and you will see that the devs took a lot of their ideas to implement on OSI as if were their ideas.

I remember at one M&G Mesanna said those people stole all their stuff from BS...we all had a great laugh. Because if they stole it from us, instead of vice-versa, why don't we have it/ LOL

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At this point in the game you can either accept the script for what it is or you can hide in the sand. They do not ban people who are not the most blatant of blatant, this has been discussed here at length for over a decade. As the player base has reduced it has only become a bigger free for all with em events and silly anti script code making it all but necessary to script.

This thread was written by a good long term player who has a fair commentary but the topic has long long be declared dead by the dev team. They can't do anything anymore, this ship sailed well before their tenure.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point in the game you can either accept the script for what it is or you can hide in the sand. They do not ban people who are not the most blatant of blatant, this has been discussed here at length for over a decade. As the player base has reduced it has only become a bigger free for all with em events and silly anti script code making it all but necessary to script.

This thread was written by a good long term player who has a fair commentary but the topic has long long be declared dead by the dev team. They can't do anything anymore, this ship sailed well before their tenure.
I like how you say they cant when clearly they can. They just choose not too because obviously it benefits them in some way

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm personally more inclined to believe that the cost of fixing it is too much for them to justify on a 22 year old game with less than 100k subscribers.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm personally more inclined to believe that the cost of fixing it is too much for them to justify on a 22 year old game with less than 100k subscribers.
I'll go further and say Nowhere NEAR 100k subscribers. I imagine the true number of subscribers is <15k. Only thing keeping it afloat is the fact that they all have multiple subscriptions...two different things.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it time to look at a popular "script" that uses a popular " VACUUM " option?? by weight(stones)? by "word" (deed) (scroll) (legendary). Have a good day. Keep putzing!