• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time for respawn

• Thread starter imported_xStrikerx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xStrikerx

How long does it take for each resource node to respawn? I think I heard about 8 hours somewhere but I'm not sure.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot less than that - maybe 8 hours in game time (40 minutes), but not 8 hours real.

J

jelake

I don't think there is a set amount of time, but it's usually around 15 minutes.

G

I've found that it typically takes as long as it takes to go thru a full runebook, roughly 15 minutes or so. What confuses the situation is that it is a standard fixed time, not from when you start to mine (or chop), so ocassionally you might get a large number of ore from a single spot, its only because the vein respawned while you were mining it.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I usually dont mine colored ore spots more than 8 times, dont want to deplete them and make them more likely to change.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I usually dont mine colored ore spots more than 8 times, dont want to deplete them and make them more likely to change.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This from the FoF:

"For us learning impaired, what causes a resource field to change? Say, ore zones. Does the zone need to be worked, or is there a chance it will change when it is "refreshed" without it even being touched?"

There are two ways for ore (or wood) zones to refresh: when the zone is mined (not necessarily mined out, just mined,) it has a chance to reroll its resource type. At this point, it sets a timer. After that timer is up, the next time it is mined, it has a chance to reroll again. (The timer prevents it from cycling too fast.) The second way is a general chance that affects the entire subserver, and that is unpredictable - so even if a vein is never mined, it may still switch ore types from time to time.

I

imported_xStrikerx

In that case, does mining a node out increase the chance for change? Also, how long is the timer?

G

The way I read it is if it is mined in any way it has a chance to respawn, no difference in one hit or mined out. Respawn times vary but seem to be in the neighborhood of 20 min.

I

imported_xStrikerx

I got the respawn time earlier. I was looking for the time between chances to roll for a new ore.

I also did a test with the 18 dull copper runes I currently had. I numbered them 1-18. Then every day I have gone out and mined all odd numbered runes completely out of ore, and all even numbered runes only 6 times. The runes were spread evenly accross areas (some near covetous, in lost lands, south of yew, in the city of cove). After 3 days of mining these nodes in this way, I currently have 7 even numbered runes and only 2 odd numbered runes. Of the ones that changed, 1 changed to each shadow iron, bronze, and gold; the rest changed to iron.

Of course, this is only a small sample size, some of which may have been mined multiple times while not there. It is interesting...to me at least.