• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time for new addon (as Britannian Royal Post) or how add more life in another shards?

CronusVl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As we all know Atlantic is the center of all trade. If you need something buy or sell, you come on Atlantic, because this most popular shard. But not all players(also new players) have possibilities for this.
But we have transfer mechanism and we can use this for new trade.
This trade of future.
Developers can sell this as new addon.
How it will be work this? Each player(on one account in each week/1 transfer in week) can transfer 50 items(may be and more with some pluses from another addons) and any amount of gold on special trade site.
This transfer will be work as transfer shield, but in special house of Britannian Royal Post.

On site (as example trade.uo.com) any player can sell or buy something in any time without PC(use own phone or tablet).
May be in future it may be specific application(for Anroid, Win or Mac).
Received items he can transfer on any shard(but all depend on limit - 50 items).
Next variants of trade - simple sell, auction(on 3-5-7 days), sell some items as 1 lot(as variant 1 full armor).

If you look on this with technical side i dont see problems with this. New server with base as on game servers.
May be with another autorization. When you transfer items - this items write in new base and remove from old.
We need to move forward and this one of the ways.
Sorry, if my text have some errors(english not native language for me), but i think that the general idea will be clear.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How many communies did shard transfer kill. I'm happy Siege never got it. I don't think more shard trade options are needed.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look on this with technical side i dont see problems with this. New server with base as on game servers.
Easier said than done right? Jokes aside I think it's a bigger ask than you realize.