• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Throw 3 pots at a time

HOLLYWOOD_Siege

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know how to do this?
i know it is possible and i know a guy who can do it but he wont tell me:bored:
anyone know how to do?

P

packrat

I dont want to know how. I hardly ever use my alchemist to throw potions and when I do I usually try to throw it fast and end up blowing myself up. I would surely die if i tried to throw three at a time. :danceb:

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot legally throw 3 pots at the same time, unless you're using 3 characters.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
he migth not throw them on same time but they explode on same time
What about very fast clicking on them one at the time, then throw them one at the time before they blow?

That will be almost the same time.

Had vot casted any for long time so maybe it's not possible

T

Thrand Graywolf

UOA doesn't do anything the normal client can't....it just allows better macros so you can do things a little quicker.

He's probably just taking advantage of the delay in explosions going off to land them where they'll go off at once.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot legally throw 3 pots at the same time, unless you're using 3 characters.
Sure you can:

from Vidala:

I showed ya the single PP UOA macro not too long ago, but thanks to evilmoocowgod, he posted the macro files for UOA for the double- and triple-bomb macros.

This is quoted from that post by evilmoocowgod:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triple-Bomb:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=3 bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D0739792F
0EDSZ=5
0CK=182
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=353
1RX=64196
1RY=64480
2MT=4
2DV=850
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=3
3ED=0D07E56071
3EDSZ=5
3CK=12
3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=1
4ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
4EDSZ=19
4CK=353
4RX=64196
4RY=64480
5MT=4
5DV=850
5RX=999
5RY=999
6MT=3
6ED=0D07E56014
6EDSZ=5
6CK=-15
6WE=3343
6RX=999
6RY=999
7MT=1
7ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
7EDSZ=19
7CK=353
7RX=64196
7RY=64480
8MT=4
8DV=850
8RX=999
8RY=999
9MT=8
9ED=0D073979EC
9EDSZ=5
9CK=180
9WE=3343
9RX=999
9RY=999
10MT=17
10ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
10EDSZ=19
10CK=353
10RX=64196
10RY=64480
11MT=4
11DV=850
11RX=999
11RY=999
12MT=3
12ED=0D07E56071
12EDSZ=5
12CK=12
12WE=3343
12RX=999
12RY=999
13MT=17
13ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
13EDSZ=19
13CK=353
13RX=64196
13RY=64480
14MT=4
14DV=850
14RX=999
14RY=999
15MT=3
15ED=0D07E56014
15EDSZ=5
15CK=-15
15WE=3343
15RX=999
15RY=999
16MT=17
16ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
16EDSZ=19
16CK=353
16RX=64196
16RY=999
17MT=4
17DV=500
17RX=999
17RY=999

All the above, again, from evilmoocowgod

Now, this isn't your typical step-by-step instructions. What this is, is the raw macro file that you will copy and paste into your UOA character folder.

Go into your UOA directory (for most it should look like the one that follows):
C:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\[account name]\[shard]\[character name]\UOA-Macro16.cfg

Now just copy and paste the entire "quoted" part of the macro you want, into this file and save it. It doesn't matter which file it goes in (so long as it says "UOA-Macro##.cfg"), but the number determines what macro slot it'll go into. In case you've never opened up .cfg files before, just use Notepad when Windows prompts you to set a program to deal with those files. Once you do this, proceed onto these instructions to finalize the macro:

Setting up the 3 bomb:
You'll need explosion potions, of course, and 2 bags/containers..
Distribute the bombs evenly between your main pack, bag 1, and bag 2...
In Bag 1 is the brown bag in the bottom center of my main pack and bag 2 is the bag next to it..

Next, go into your UOA macros and go to the 3 bomb macro...
Click on the 4th line of the macro and hit "Load Item Bag"
and dbl-click/open Bag 1..

Now on the 7th line, you'll need to load bag 2...
Then on the 13th line, load bag 1 again..
And last, on the 16th line, load bag 2 again...

And thats it for the 3 bomb.. You may have to adjust some of the pauses in the macro, but thats about it..
The 2 bomb is roughly the same, 'cept you only need one bag instead of 2 and you'll load that bag on lines 4 and 10...

Just a suggestion, to fine tune the macro I suggest using NPC-bought potions. Cheaper and SAFER! ;p

Enjoy!
Source: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=10848&highlight=bomb

:fight:

S

Sarphus

Last time I tried it, potions didn't detonate other potions that were within the blast radius. The rules may be different if all potions in the blast radius are primed.

If bombs can set off other primed bombs, the way to do it is with a UOA macro.

J

Jafanarae

No idea, but I know that if you use KR and have a hotkey set up to use a purple potion and target current target you can send a little flurry of them off pretty quick (not three at once though). It may be that I never bothered to perfect it in 2d, but I got up to quite a speed just hammering "1" to send them on their merry way. Of course, when someone casts wall of stone in front of you, you're suddenly left with several ticking bombs in your backpack before you even realise it...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes but is that macro legal as you can't record it with the normal uoa record macro?

However put them in a bag, click on them one at the time, hit escape after each, drop the bag before they blow and get away should do the trick I think without uoa but you have to be fast.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but is that macro legal as you can't record it with the normal uoa record macro?
As far as I know, any macro code written for UOA is totally legal, because the program is totally legal.

The illegal use of UOA is to add actual programs that interface with it.

Z

Zurloth

However put them in a bag, click on them one at the time, hit escape after each, drop the bag before they blow and get away should do the trick I think without uoa but you have to be fast.
The reason it was posted like that is due to how many steps the macro has to setup (your using stacks of pots from three differnt containers) not becuase its not recordable.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In KR, you can set multiple stacks to seperate hotkeys, and slam them ALMOST simultaneously. I'll have to test it for potions, but I know I can smelt different ore stacks almost simultaneously simply running down the keys that fast.

I still find it funny to read that UOA "doesn't do anything the normal client can't" because that statement alone, ESPECIALLY in regards to potions and the Legacy client is simply NOT TRUE. UOA allows you to hotkey potions, which is something IMPOSSIBLE in the Legacy client (but possible in KR).

T

T_Amon_from_work

I believe it is. These are the encoded UOA commands, which when properly inserted in the UOA directory by the instructions ... auto-magically decrypt into UOA macros I believe.

BTW folks ... this post by Vidala is in the UO Players Corner UO Assist FAQ. Honest! It also includes 1 and 2 popt tossing macros.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Why do you think it's in KR? Perhaps Tugsoft found a way to make it a) within EA game specs and b) possible to do? And as to simultaneous, no ... but like KR UOA can make it seem so.

F

Flora Green

I dont want to know how. I hardly ever use my alchemist to throw potions and when I do I usually try to throw it fast and end up blowing myself up. I would surely die if i tried to throw three at a time. :danceb:
This made me snicker aloud which resulted in my baby and dog looking at me strangely. :eek::)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still find it funny to read that UOA "doesn't do anything the normal client can't" because that statement alone, ESPECIALLY in regards to potions and the Legacy client is simply NOT TRUE. UOA allows you to hotkey potions, which is something IMPOSSIBLE in the Legacy client (but possible in KR).
You can use the "use last object" macro, I also think you can target the pots and "use current target" or something like that.

S

Simon Francis

UOA is one of the most hideously imbalancing things in the game.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA is one of the most hideously imbalancing things in the game.
Or how about it makes it much easier to do the many, many tedious tasks ingame. Are you telling me you'd rather make every little thing by hand? Or would you rather do it once, make a macro and then you just have to push a button to repeat said macro. My guess is you just don't have UOA and don't think anyone else should either.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure you can:

<UOA Macro>
Unless there's a delay (1/10 of a second? I forget how long it is) in between each potion, you're bypassing the limit between actions that is intentionally included in UO... making it an exploit.
Doesn't matter if you're using a legal program (or no program at all) to do it, it's still bypassing an intentional limitation in UO - making it an exploit.

That being said, there might be (and I'm actually pretty sure there is) enough of a delay in that macro so that the potions aren't actually thrown at the same time, but are instead thrown with slight delays in between.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah.. yet another advantage the Uoa player has over the non-Uoa player...
Did you hear about the talisman advantage a Mondain's Legacy player has? Those with access to Malas can get super powerful items in a dungeon called Doom. And so on. Buying account upgrades and allowed helpful programs will usually give some sort of advantage. My sanity-saving fishing macros where I don't have to search my pack for my fish-pile buried blood-wood fishing pole or sextant or SOS-plotting Automap are certainly advantages. However so are my soulstones, artifacts, and knowledge of the game.

KR and UOAssist can sometimes do things very quickly with their macros (making lots of a particular item for Heartwood quests, turning Spring Cleaning tickets rapidly). There is probably a fine line when this cross the line from advantage to broken interaction. This potion thing may actually cross that line.

S

Simon Francis

Or how about it makes it much easier to do the many, many tedious tasks ingame. Are you telling me you'd rather make every little thing by hand? Or would you rather do it once, make a macro and then you just have to push a button to repeat said macro. My guess is you just don't have UOA and don't think anyone else should either.
I do have UOA, but that doesn't stop it from being the biggest pvp crutch in the game.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps I can give a bit of insight to the macro in question.

First of all, UOA does not allow you to bypass the delay between using an item. You cannot use UOA to double click 3 explosion potions at the same time and target your adversary.

There will be a normal "You must wait to perform another action" if you try to use an item too quickly in UOA. Exactly like what happens when you dbl click an item too quickly in UO. There's an approx 1 second delay between using items (but it's lag dependent, shorter delay if you have good lag, and longer if you are laggy)

Explosion potions have a 3 second delay before it explodes. Once you double click it, you will get a targetting cursor and the 3 second timer will start. You have a couple of options at this point:

1) You can now target and throw it at your adversary immediately and hope your adversary wait in the current tile for 3 secs until the explosion potion goes off.

2) Or, you can hold it for 3 seconds, then target and throw the explosion potion. This way, your adversary doesn't have the luxury of 3 seconds to run away.

So far so good?

Now, if you hold off throwing the potion immediately, you can also press esc to cancel the target cursor. The timer will still continue to countdown. Before it reaches 3, you can double click that same potion again to bring up a target cursor and throw it normally. Hopefully, you managed to throw it at the last second, robbing your adversary the chance to run away. So basically it works like option 2 above.

During that 3 secs that you cancelled the target cursor, you can do something else, like open you spelbook, remove your helm, pick up loot from the floor etc. You can also double click another explosion potion! Which will begin it's own 3 sec countdown.

You can cancel this targetting cursor also, and do something else. Now would be a good time to double click the first explosion pot (it's still counting down remember?) to bring up a target cursor and throw it at your adversary. Once your have thrown that, don't forget the second one that's still ticking away in your backpack. Double click that again and quickly throw it like what you did for the first one.

If all goes well, your opponent would be struck by 2 explosion potions in succession.

This is approximately what the 2 potion UOA macro does.

Now, remember that the countdown is 3 seconds? It goes boom on the 4th second. Also, remember the item use delay in UO is 1 second?

If you want to cut it really close, you can do this :

1) prime potion 1, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 3 secs left)
2) prime potion 2, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 2 secs left, potion 2 has 3 secs left)
3) prime potion 3, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 1 sec left, , potion 2 has 2 secs left, potion 3 has 3 secs left)
4) re-prime potion 1, throw, wait 1 sec (potion 1 is away, potion 2 has 1 sec left, potion 3 has 2 secs left)
5) re-prime potion 2, throw, wait 1 sec (potion 2 is away, potion 3 has 1 sec left)
6) re-prime potion 3, throw (potion 3 away)

With luck, your adversary will be hit by 3 potions that he/she does not have time to run away from. Once you know your adversary is using this tactic, one defense is to precast G-heal and run towards bomberman. Or find some way to break line of sight (hiding, cast/run behind a wall etc).

The potions are not activated at the same time, it doesn't really even explode at the same time. Rather, they are timed to reach your target and explode at approx 1 sec intervals. Something like how modern artillery can adjust the trajectory and propellant to allow multiple shells to hit the target at the approximately the same time.

That's what the 3 potion macro basically does. In short, UOA doesn't allow you to bypass the timer. It does however, allow you to do the above which requires impossibly steady hands and accurate mouse clicks to pull off.

D

Deadly Shadow

Perhaps I can give a bit of insight to the macro in question.

First of all, UOA does not allow you to bypass the delay between using an item. You cannot use UOA to double click 3 explosion potions at the same time and target your adversary.

There will be a normal "You must wait to perform another action" if you try to use an item too quickly in UOA. Exactly like what happens when you dbl click an item too quickly in UO. There's an approx 1 second delay between using items (but it's lag dependent, shorter delay if you have good lag, and longer if you are laggy)

Explosion potions have a 3 second delay before it explodes. Once you double click it, you will get a targetting cursor and the 3 second timer will start. You have a couple of options at this point:

1) You can now target and throw it at your adversary immediately and hope your adversary wait in the current tile for 3 secs until the explosion potion goes off.

2) Or, you can hold it for 3 seconds, then target and throw the explosion potion. This way, your adversary doesn't have the luxury of 3 seconds to run away.

So far so good?

Right, if you hold off throwing the potion immediately, you can also press esc to cancel the target cursor. The timer will still continue to countdown. Before it reaches 0, you can double click that same potion again to bring up a target cursor and throw it normally. Hopefully, you managed to throw it at the last second, robbing your adversary the chance to run away. So basically it works like option 2 above.

During that 3 secs that you cancelled the target cursor, you can do something else, like open you spelbook, remove your helm, pick up loot from the floor etc. You can also double click another explosion potion! Which will begin it's own 3 sec countdown.

You can cancel this targetting cursor also, and do something else. Now would be a good time to double click the first explosion pot (it's still counting down remember?) to bring up a target cursor and throw it at your adversary. Once your have thrown that, don't forget the second one that's stick ticking away in your backpack. Double click that again and quickly throw it liek what you did to the first one.

If all goes well, your opponent would be struck by 2 explosion potions in succession.

This is approximately what the 2 potion UOA macro does.

Now, remember that the countdown is 3 seconds? It goes boom on the 4th second. Also, remember the item use delay in UO is 1 second?

If you want to cut it really close, you can do this :

1) prime potion 1, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 3 secs left)
2) prime potion 2, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 2 secs left, potion 2 has 3 secs left)
3) prime potion 3, cancel, wait 1 sec (potion 1 has 1 sec left, , potion 2 has 2 secs left, potion 3 has 3 secs left)
4) re-prime potion 1, throw, wait 1 sec (potion 1 is away, potion 2 has 1 sec left, potion 3 has 2 secs left)
5) re-prime potion 2, throw, wait 1 sec (potion 2 is away, potion 3 has 1 sec left)
6) re-prime potion 3, throw (potion 3 away)

With luck, your adversary will be hit by 3 potions that he/she does not have time to run away from. Once you know your adversary is using this tactic, one defense is to precast G-heal and run towards bomberman. Or find some way to break line of sight (hiding, cast/run behind a wall etc).

That's what the 3 potion macro basically does. So UOA doesn't allow you to bypass the timer. It does allow you to do the above which requires impossibly steady hands and accurate mouse clicks to pull off.

sounds so tedious i know i would die trying it i just use last object

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless there's a delay (1/10 of a second? I forget how long it is) in between each potion, you're bypassing the limit between actions that is intentionally included in UO... making it an exploit.
Doesn't matter if you're using a legal program (or no program at all) to do it, it's still bypassing an intentional limitation in UO - making it an exploit.
It does nothing of the kind. Read Harlequin's explanation for the details.

I don't know why people can't just say, "I learn something new every day." instead of going straight for, "Exploit!"

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does nothing of the kind. Read Harlequin's explanation for the details.

I don't know why people can't just say, "I learn something new every day." instead of going straight for, "Exploit!"
If you read the entire post...
That being said, there might be (and I'm actually pretty sure there is) enough of a delay in that macro so that the potions aren't actually thrown at the same time, but are instead thrown with slight delays in between.
I thought that made it quite clear that I wasn't saying the UOA macro in question was an exploit, and that I was actually pretty sure it was both not an exploit and not throwing 3 explosion potions at the same time.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you read the entire post...

I thought that made it quite clear that I wasn't saying the UOA macro in question was an exploit, and that I was actually pretty sure it was both not an exploit and not throwing 3 explosion potions at the same time.
You made it quite clear that if they were thrown at the same time, you considered it an exploit.

I also never said that you thought UOA was an exploit. I don't know where you got that from. I never even mentioned UOA in my reply.

(If you read my entire post...?)

They are thrown at the same time. They are just activated and held, then thrown. The 3 second timer before exploding only starts once they're thrown.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You made it quite clear that if they were thrown at the same time, you considered it an exploit.
I thought I made it quite clear that if you were bypassing the delay between using items it was an exploit... which I don't see why anyone would say otherwise.

And if you weren't trying to say that I was calling the UOA macro an exploit (the macro posted above, not the program), then I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to imply by complaining about going straight to "exploit".

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I made it quite clear that if you were bypassing the delay between using items it was an exploit... which I don't see why anyone would say otherwise.

And if you weren't trying to say that I was calling the UOA macro an exploit (the macro posted above, not the program), then I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to imply by complaining about going straight to "exploit".
The delay you are talking about is in selecting the items (any) for use. There is no delay in selecting targets.

I said "going straight to 'exploit'" because this thread brought up something you didn't know and suddenly the word "exploit" starts getting thrown around.

I don't know everything either. A few hours ago I asked some bards what the use was in targeting peacemaking instead of targeting self. It's good to know the answer. I think Harlequin's post was pretty self-explanatory on how it's not bypassing anything.

I'm just wondering why you keep pushing the issue...?

You did make it quite clear and it seems I'm not making myself quite clear enough. You keep on repeating this fact and no one in this thread has ever said otherwise. And you keep bringing it up...?