• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Three...Little Dragons

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Years between my Governorship in Skara and now had been truly delightful and even depressing. I had pretty much kept to myself for a few different reasons. Beyond the knowledge of most around me, I had been involved in a Love affair. This time of year had brought out the memories of this. The results of the said affair had been fattening and by that, I mean literally fattening, the pregnancy had kept me hidden from the world, I had become fat as a cow going to slaughter. Little had I known that not only a single baby was to come but twins. Yes just shortly after my disappearance I had become a mother of twins, two sweet adorable babies, a boy, and a girl. After my Fathers death, I had sought the comfort of being in love and having warm arms around me at night, our plans had been to marry after the baby was born. He was thrilled when the twins were born and became a wonderful father. Life, however, isn't always fair. In one of his missions to help the King he had been killed, leaving me alone, unwed and a single mother of two infants. A healthy and big Blonde Haired freckle face boy and a beautiful brown haired tiny little girl as sweet as candy.
1582040405275.png 1582040385666.png 1582040367682.png
I had not been in touch with my half-sister or most of my family, keeping the babies safe was my only desire and Daenyra was a loaded cannon and could put my children in danger. So I had stayed hidden away and cared for my babies alone. Laundry had now become my task to bear, and loads and loads of it, Diapers seemed to pile up quickly. Now I didn't have servants to help me, a luxury I had taken for granted. Not that I didn't have money for one, more because the fewer people who knew about my children the safer they stayed. So Airva the female Dragon I had always cared for became a baby sitter on my trips to the river to wash the clothes and my babies were little dragons to her. Not that they were literally Dragons just that is what I called them. My Little Dragons. One such trip to the river as I was on my knees scrubbing the poo stains from the diapers, I heard the hoof beats against the ground intensely coming towards me, all of a sudden a beautiful Great Stag appeared from the brush behind me, looking frightened at me it seemed to calm somewhat at my appearance, then as suddenly as it had appeared it made its way forward and lept across the river in one bound. and disappeared into the forest. Then the sounds of a hunting bugle sounded and i heard the sounds of horses in the glade near me and voices. This was just totally uncalled for this was my home and not available for some bunch of trophy hunters to kill the creatures that roamed my homelands. Standing I could see them, looking all rich and arrogant on their horses, ELF, it was elves who had caused this, marching from my position at the river I stood before them, I had always been brave and had never worried about charging into any situation, of course, I had always had Dragons to back me up but this time it had slipped my mind My Dragon was, well it was babysitting. My eyes caught his at that very moment and I had never seen such a gorgeous man, uh well elf. His brow had narrowed as he turned to see me standing there and as I stood there as if I was going to do something, I just stood there speechless. He must have seen the look I had or felt what I was feeling, as his furrowed brow softened and he smiled at me. Just that one look and I didn't seem to get enough of just looking at him. As I tried to protest against hunting in these woods neither of us seemed to be focusing on what we were saying. Smiling at me he asked as he turned his horse and looked at me " Are you in this Glade often? My name is Maeleall ", my heart then sunk. " Yes I come here to wash my B......" as I paused I knew I couldn't say that, " B..Bundle of clothes", thank goodness he couldn't see the laundry basket full of baby diapers. Knowing I had to tell him my name I couldn't give him my real name, so the first thing that came to mind is * you owe me one sister * with a big lump in my throat, not sure I could speak it just rolled out "My name is Daenyra"
1582040428954.png
Many meetings with this elf after that, in that very glade we met, always with Airva babysitting, The twins were growing up and quite the handful at times for the Dragon. Soon I had to either tell the truth about the twins to this elf or I had to end it. Fearing for the safety of my Babies I ended it. Maeleall had his secrets too, little had I known who and what he really was. Later I would learn of this. So I suppose not showing up the day I had decided to end it wouldn't be enough, a few weeks later as i looked out the window at the Twins toddling about the yard outside the stone house, I saw the horse I knew so well approaching with Maeleall sitting atop it. Stopping in front of the twins, Arvia was watching nearby so I knew the children were safe. I could hear him speaking to the twins and shortly he rode away. Calling the twins inside I asked, "What did that elf want?", to busy with the chicken they had lured inside, "Look Mommy it follows us" trying to grasp the attention of the youth sometimes isn't always easy and again I repeated, "What did that Elf man say to you two?" as my son looked up at me "Oh he asked us if we knew where Daenyra lived.." as my eyes widened I just had to ask "..so what did you tell him? You did not tell him that was your Aunty? Right?" , I had told them of their Aunts but I had never told them their Aunts did not know they had been born. "Oh we did not tell him she was our Aunty, Mommy I knew you don't like anyone to know about our family" pipes up my Daughter. She was very clever beyond what was told to her she seemed to know things. " So what did you tell him then?" I quickly asked. " We told him she lived on the ice" smiling at me with her sweet little smile. A deep sigh of relief but how long would it be before he returned to find out more, or the fact if he went looking and found Daunyra he would learn she wasn't me.
Following the day of his arrival we packed and prepared our move, we would have to move far enough away he didn't find us again. Knowing it could be dangerous but yet also knowing this elf discovering who we were was also dangerous for my children we ventured to a peaceful place in familiar surroundings near the city of my last connection and a place I was meant to guard, Dragonhame mountain and the Dungeon of Dragons. Ticked away with a wall built around the home as a tard for the children to play and a safe place to live but with the best of intentions of running away, again life became fattening, this time not quite so fattening and recently a new Son was born and now I had Three.....Little Dragons

~Jaden Rain

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I had so been in love with the twins Father, every single day he had been on my mind since his death. Some nights I woke to call out his name, well the nickname I had given him when we first met, Red. My dreams were always about him, his long red hair, his muscled arms around me, only to wake in the mornings with the children piled upon me hugging me awake. The twins reminded me of him in so many ways, the looks and patience were certainly blessed upon his Son and his loving nature and kindness were blessed upon his Daughter. Two wonderful things he left behind in this world that would have to grow up without him.

So when it came about that I had met the newest Baby Daddy, I was seeking the love I had shared with Red but it wasn't there. True it wasn't fair I allowed the meetings in the woods to carry on, not loving him. Yet it felt so good to be held again and The Elf was a Handsome one! The birth of this baby was long hours seemed to slowly drag on with the labor, I had not screamed once with the twins but this baby was going to be so much different. The screaming seemed to worry Airva the Dragon, Peering with one eye through my bedroom window watching me I could see the worry in her eye, so the last loud scream sent her flying away, uncertain exactly where she had taken off to and not in the right state of mind to dwell on that, the pains were harder now. Time was passing and no giant Dragon eye appeared in my window and I was all alone the children had kept to their room for the most part occasionally popping into the room checking on me but two small children were not going to be able to help me if problems arose and at this point I had begun to worry about problems. At that very instant I could hear the Dragon land on the ground and was somewhat relieved but why I wasn't sure, the dragon could not help deliver this baby. Then I heard the front door open and slam and voices " Where is she, ......Jaden?" the voice called out, a voice I had known, and relief for I knew now all would be ok. Bursting through the door, the Cadael girls adopted Mother, the Woman who had taken in those two drow girls and had raised them. I only knew her as Mother no name was ever attached to that, she was just known as Mother to everyone who knew her and she was well known for doctoring the sick and delivering Babies. As she rushed to my bedside relief had come to me, the pain still was there but soon I knew the pain would be gone and I would hold my new Son or Daughter. Popping his head around the partially half-opened door I saw The Cadfael Girls Father, Tau, as he softly spoke, " Wheres the twins? We shall go berry hunting, while you girls visit" as he smiled with the thought of what he had said. Mother had frowned turning to him and only pointed towards the door with no words spoken he quickly vanished.

The birth had been a hard one and not one I wished to ever go through again but I had a Son, an adorable half-elven Son. As Mother handed me the baby my heart melted he was beautiful but boy would this be hard to explain to the family! The twins would be one thing, there had been suspension of their father and I from the family so announcing them would be one thing but my sisters will be in shock over this since they had a hard time accepting Daeny as our half-elven sister, now they would have a Half-Elven Nephew but he sure was adorable. My Niece AnnaBeth would adore him she had always been quite fond of Daenyra so the race difference would not bother her. Holding him and looking him over to make sure everything was perfectly intact, counting his fingers and his toes. Smiling at him I could hear Mother, "A fine wee Babe he is" as she smiled approvingly at him. Tears rolling down my cheeks, tears of happiness, "My Littlest Dragon"

1582733237297.png 1582935973654.png

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Now I was officially, Mother of Dragons, not that I had taken my place as Dragon Matriarch in our clan but I was the Mother of three beautiful children, the true heirs to DragonStone. My Daughter was the most beautiful child I had ever seen, sweet, kind, loving always willing to help, My Oldest Son was very smart and had the patience of a Saint, for a child, this seemed to be not common, he was very athletic and strong and would always pretend to be defending his siblings from evils and was a very handsome young lad. Then there was the baby, My Youngest Son, like his sister he was extremely good looking, with beautiful long hair just one smile from this baby and he had charmed his way into anyone's heart. This would begin our Reign of Dragons and in my home, it was Rain"ing" Dragons.

So walking away from the Elder Dragons I had abandoned them, left them with an unofficial Matriarch in charge. Daenyra was always a little unstable and now I could only imagine how the affairs of The Dragons had become. I feel I had taught her enough about right and wrong in this world and that she couldn't live here as if it were Eodan. Chanticleer had once called her Savage, we had tried to calm the Savage within her and she had done quite well but the news had reached me and the fact Britainia was balancing on wanting to invade Nujelm worried me but what worried me the most was the news that Little Sister, Daenyra, was now Governor of Moonglow. The home and birthplace of my Oldest Sister, which I had never understood why the position of Matriarch had fallen to me not her. The few days Mother had stayed with me after the baby was born, she had told me many stories of my family and how our family was intertwined with hers. My oldest sister, Desta had known Mothers family by far better then I, she was older so had been around the Cadfael girls much longer than I, I had always wondered why Desta spoke of them around as she grew up, as children, then with the big gap in age between Desta and I those girls were still young children as I grew up, Drows do age slower then humans Mother had mentioned as we spoke. During one of her stories of our families, it had slipped out about My Mother meeting my Father tugging around the sweetest baby girl and how with the color of her hair it was just assumed by everyone she was My Fathers, Child. I hadn't said a word while this was being said, well because I was afraid she wouldn't tell the whole story had I looked or sounded surprised. Slight raise of the brow that had gone unseen by Mother I intently listened. Nothing was ever fully exposed about Destas Father or Mine stepping up into that Role but now I understood why I was True Heir to DragonStone I was My Father's first trueborn. Desta had learned many skills I heard before she became a Dragon Whisperer, *as I laugh thinking of my term for the position we all take* so she had truly known what it was like to weld a sword or to shoot a bow but even as a Dragon Whisperer she hadn't settled in that either, music was now part of Destas life and she had seemed very content with this choice in life to just be a Bard. Not that anything was wrong with being a bard but it had always seemed odd for our family. Although it did quite well help calm the wild Dragons. So life was not all normal for my family and I now admired my Father even more that he had taken in and raised a child that was not even his and I truly believe had he known of Daenyra she too would have been brought into our lives growing up. I did miss him very much.

So facts still remained, was Maeleall still looking for me, it had been many many months so hopefully, he has just given up on me but occasionally thoughts of him did invade my mind and every once in awhile I awoke of dreams of him, always making me feel guilty because of the love I still felt for the twins Father.....soon I had to face my position and soon I would have to come out of hiding and face the world, I just had to learn how to protect my children and still become the DragonStone Matriarch and if faced with it I would have to face Maeleall and introduce him to his Baby Dragon