• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Three best/worst Necro spells in PVM

domii

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Favorites:

As a Necromage:
Corpse Skin
Evil Omen
Strangle

As a NecroWarrior
Wither
Curse Wep
Pain Spike

And my least Favorites overall: (they are useless to me)

Mind rot
Poison strike
Summon familiar

A

Auch

3 Favorites for PVM:

Strangle
Pain Strike
Wither

3 I don't use:

Mind Rot
Corpse Skin
Poison Cloud - I actually could like this one a lot but it is too weak to be useful.

H

hijii

Animate dead is the best, if only we could loot from them though

Vampiric embrace rocks

the revenant is good but dispelles easier than a mongbat

---
worse are

poison atack thing (it just sucks)
the big beast thing
prolly evil omen, never used it

N

NailsMcSnailsII

For PvM
3 best
1. animate dead works good against white wyrms and shadow dragons because you get a skeletal dragon with @least gm ss and gm necro. You can have 3 at one time and they can tear up a peaced white wyrm or shadow dragon in no time.
Down side is that you dont get credit for the damage which I think means your luck doesnt count and you eaither have to wait in tram or go grey while you loot in fel. Quick way of making gold though.
2. strangle
3. pain strike

3 worst
actually all the other spells are pretty bad for pvm to me. the only other spell i use is vampiric embrace but it really doesnt matter to me cause i pvm with a necro bard

Nails

P

PipeJones

My fiendish method for eliminating monsters using my Necromancer is:
1. Pain Spike-It can be the difference between life and death. Free damage, you've got to love that.
2. Evil Omen- Very handy for when the melee monsters close in and "Grab your belt". They're right up on top of me and they are within the deadly arc of my Silver Warfork(I'm a self-Taught Necromancer, started from 0 skill, and haven't quite reached 60, so I can't comment on the higher level spells).
3. Animate Dead- Particularly effective in crowded dungeons when I'm alone. It would be more helpful if I could control(even if just a little) them and they would attack humans and not simply the nearest target, monster or bunny or cat.
4. Wraith Form- I like this one.

Also, I'm a GM Fencer so if I run out of Necro Regs I'm not helpless like my Mage Character.

This is an excellent question and I am happy to provide feedback.

Now, for the spell I never use:
Summon Familiar- Now, I know I'm not really supposed to comment on this as I gather it isn't working the way it's supposed to be working, but how is it supposed to work?

C

Cipher

Now that the responses have dwindled down to nothing, can we have a morsel of information... huh... huh... huh? Any info on what this may mean for us nercos? I understand about not wanting to throw out promises that won't be kept, but throw us a bone. I'll be happy with vague answers.. hehe... :)

W

WitchDoctor

I play a PvM-only Necro Mage

In my opinion, the 3 worst PvM spells are:

Animate Dead
This would be great if we could control them. If you wanna leave looting rights out, that's ok by me, but I would really like to tell them what to do. I also think the raised should count toward a number of control slots based on type. Ex: A Skelatal Mage is 1 control slot, while a Skelatal Dragon is 4.

Mind Rot
I've tried it, and for the life of can't even figure out what it's supposed to be doing, let alone seeing any results.

Bload Oath
Tactically I can see how this may be OK for PvP, but in PvM it just doesn't warrant casting.

My Favorites are:
Strangle
Wither
Pain Spike
Summon Familiar

G

Just a side not on familiars

Each familliar usually has 1 effect but 3 have extra effects

Horde-picks up items and fights
***Wolf-stam regen and wolf taming 100% any type and atacks
wisp-Fights and mana regen
****Bat-Fights and leeches HP
Snake*my fav*-Fights, snake charming, and Has a lethal posion bite.

P

Phantame

strangle, poison strike and pain spike are my most used spells in pvm.... but those are about the only damage spells there are so theyd have to be really, lol. But strangle and a quick pain spike gets them weakened and with lower stamina, poison strikes in between sword swings and another pain spike to finish off when they starty running

i find revenant a useful spell, but only against weak thingies, anything with magic just dispels it, so its not much good,, mind rot is completely useless for pvm since any tough monster with magic has about 500 mana. corpse skin helps with my poison damage but any advantage from that is negated by my sword doing physical damage, which i find irritating.

G

Also Horific beast and braclet of health+voice of the fallen king=Superman.
I only got brace of health and horific beast and its about 5 hp per sec.

To lazy to do teh formula.

S

SickLoveR

My favourite monster-killing spells are..
1. Curse Weapon (with a slayer weapon against the appropriate monsters you can survive on health leech)
2. Blood Oath (go against a monster that dishes 40-50s of DMG, have someone healing you and you SSing/bandaging or combo it with drain life and just sit there-it will be below half in seconds)
3. Strangle (half the times it's what kills monsters when you try to get away with 0 health and wish someone just poked the monster to kill it-and it does a fair amount of damage on creatures after a while)

My worst are..
1. Mind Rott (useless on monsters as it is on people)
2. Corpse Skin (useless on monsters, not significant change, almost the same with people)
3. Vengefull Spirit (gets dispelled by 80% of the monster population, deals only physical damage and not much at it too, bigger monsters kill them even before they dispel them-even imps can dispel those, silly)

Necromancy/Poisoning/Fencing are my main skills

O

Oaks

I'd like to hear what you think are the three worst Necromancy spells for PVM, and what are your three favorite Necromancy spells (and Why, if you feel like typing more).

If we can follow a few guidelines on this post, it'll be a lot more productive:

-- Please don't include bugs in your consideration (i.e. pretend that familiars work for the purpose of this conversation.)
-- Please don't list additional spells you think Necromancer's need (i.e. resurrection, cure, etc.)
-- Please don't consider Recall in Wraith Form a Necromancy spell.
-- Please don't comment on these guidelines.

Oaks

C

Chandalir

Your wish is my command /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

I was wondering where this went myself, but I forgot about it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/blush.gif I hope Oaks managed to get something out of it though.

A

Al'Djinn

I hope he didn't forget about it. I would love to know what he got in mind for necros after all these posts.

I

imported_sbom

I will only comment on one spell, no that I don't care about others, but don't have much time /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Favorite: animate dead (it's my bard-necro talking):
I love these animates, they are so useful at champion spawns, as they attack everything around them and I don't have to worry about healing them or commanding them to attack. Of course, the fact that I can provoke monsters onto them is what really does it for me, gotta love these skeleton dragons and flesh elementals killing for me...and giving me looting right of course!

Worse: animated dead (it's my mage-necro talking):
What's the point of them as you can't give them order and you don't get looting right from them?

=======================

You got the picture, there are two extreme points of view regarding animates, necro-bards will always love them the way they are (maybe we could have more than 3?), others won't use them until they can control them somehow.
And please, don't remove the current behavior. NOBODY is complaining about it, and it's the most awesome PvM style I've found in uo so far...and I've tried a lot!

Bottom line: don't change them, add a new way to handle them.

Summoner would have to decide when they animate from two modes (maybe two spells? maybe one spell with an option toggle somewhere?):

-Option 1: he/she wants a lot of them, but can't control them, unless he/she's a bard and provokes onto them (that's current behavior). The number of them you can get should be linked to ss I think (at GM you can have the 3 as now, add one at 105, another at 110...).
-Option 2: he/she wants as many as possible (use pet control slots?) but he/she wants then to behave like pets: can give order, maybe heal (?) and get looting right. ss could also be used to give additional animates on top of the pet control slots (an additional virtual pet control slot for each 5 ss above 100).

Warning: Look into the number of control slots carefully for option 2, and also for the consequences on PvP...even though I'd love to be able to use 5 controlable skeleton dragons against red players, hum, that may be a bit too much...not to mention their ability to turn pets against their owners...but again, how would they behave? Would they follow you in gates? Would they live long enough to reach a place where they would be useful for PvP...likely not...so maybe the PvP issue is not relevant...but you know, just a thought...I've tried animate dead on Riktor and I know what comes out /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

imported_Conrad

I use a very odd but VERY succesful template with my Necro. Matter of fact the only creatures I can't solo are the ones that are immune to Bard skills. This template is by FAR my best money maker. I simply peace the target and use some form of summons, I basically have 9 to choose from, to kill it(summon tailored to the target to be killed).
120 focus
110 magery
120 Music
120 Peacemaking
120 Necromancy
120 Spiritspeak

That being said, here goes starting with my least favorites.

MIND ROT= TOTALLY useless against anything with more mana then an Imp.

CURSE WEAPON= What weapon? Only one I carry is for its Luck value. Doesn't do me a bit of good since I never let my foe touch me anyways.

BLOOD OATH= Since I am ALMOST never taking damage and my targets are peaced anyways, complete waste of mana.

Now my Favorites......

VAMPIRIC EMBRACE= As you can see by my template, Mana can sometimes be an issue. I rely HEAVILY on Mana Regen Armor. The fact that it is the only Necro form that can ride a mount I prefer it over the Lich Form. Until I started using it I was totally unaware of the poison curing aspect. Very Nice. The dismount/mount can be a pain in a battle though. My HellSteed is usually a goner if I accidentally dismount since I can't get back on it quickly enough(have to recast Vampiric Embrace to get back on)
One thing I should mention because I really dont KNOW if its a bug, but any magery spell I cast that uses Garlic does ZERO damage to me. Is this because I wear a 100% LRC suit and never actually USE Garlic? Or is that just "broken"?

ANIMATE DEAD= When I am being overwhelmed and "Area Peace" simply cannot keep up with the hordes, this is by FAR my favorite way to create distractions (followed by an Invis). The "no-loot" aspect is a real drag though. Maybe create a loot timer shortened to say, 30 seconds, for animates kills? But, MAN!!, is it fun tromping around Ice dungeon with 3 Skeletal Dragons!!! (I simply hit "all-names" constantly to see which kills the timer has run out on so I can loot the Dragon's kills. Hell with the fame and karma. I can make Dread Lord in a few hours In the Terort Skitas Basement)

STRANGLE= As you can see in my template I have ZERO evaluate Int. Basically meaning my direct damage spells do almost nothing, except this puppy. Peace em', cast Strangle, Rinse, Repeat. With my template, this is the ONLY way I can kill a regular ol' Dragon (damned auto-dispell.....even earth eles are insta-poofed). This spell is the ONLY reason my Character has Spirit Speak at 120. To maximize damage from basically my only meaningful direct-damage spell. The other benefits from high SS are negligible.

Thems my picks! To be honest the ONLY other spells I cast are Pain Spike and Vengeful Spirit (Revenants seem to be able to get to "stuck" targets that none of the other "targeted" summons can seem to get to(EV/BS)). I never use Wither because I simply "Area-Peace" and drop an EV in my path to take care of all the "vermin" critters. Summon Familiar is used SOLELY for the Mana-pumping Wisp. And I don't know about everyone else, but poison strike seems about as useful (damage-wise) as a pet Mongbat.

Hope that helps!

C

chesapeake_man

You wanted a PVM response, but you're getting a PVP oriented response because necromancy is terrible in pvp right now. AND, when AOS launched, that whole scenario was based on pitting the Paladin against the Necromancer (that speaks to PVP not PVM). The following post lists what I think are the worst necromancy spells for pvp and suggestions to fix them and other areas concerning the necromancy template overall.

Wither used to be useful doing 27-30 damage with 120 spirit speak and 110 necro. Now it does 17 damage whether GM necro/spirit or whether 120necro/120 spirit. BTW, I also had 20 spell damage increase on Hanse Test and still only did 17 damage with wither. Wither currently does not work on Chessy, so I could not test it there. Hanse said there would be a spell timer delay on wither and it would not be affected by FC/FCR with the launch of PUBLISH 24. Well it IS affected by FC/FCR, which is good, but the damage is not worth the skill points. Compare wither to Explosion spell. You only need to be 90 mage skill to consistently cast explosion, but you must be 100 necromancy to consistently cast wither AND wither requires more mana than the explosion spell. AND currently the explosion spell does more damage than wither consistently. AT GM Mage/Eval, explosion will consistently do 19 points of damage! What did I say wither now does with 120skills AND +20 Spell damage? I said 17 -- tested on Hanse Test. WITHER SUCKS!

That one reason I just stated is why necromancy is mainly used for necro-swords templates capping necro at 60 and merely GMing spirit speak. Evil omen, painspike and wraith form are really the only reason to have necro at all, thats why its capped at 60. But, is it really worth that extra 20% damage in melee (evil omen/armor ignore combo)? No, not really. Not with the special move delay nerf coming, or that new test on Hanse where you need double the mana of the original special to perform it again.

Painspike needed a nerf and got one from 30 points down to 19. But, then you guys nerfed it again, now it does just 16 points. Its the same scenario as wither, no matter how high your skill in necro or spirit or how much spell damage, its just 16 points of damage. PAIN SPIKE SUCKS.

What the f**k is good about corpse skin to a true necro meleer? Nothing unless that char is in a gank squad with mages. Corpse skin is useless to a necro meleer because that char has no way to inflict fire damage! HE'S NECRO SWORDS NOT NECRO MAGE!

Obviuosly when necro was put together you people at UO were trying to make it something that would adapt to the most common templates. What does that mean? Well, it means you think necromancy is really a third rate template and can only be sustained by use with melee or magery. This is true because it works with either template, but never enhances either enough to make a player want to fully commit to GMing Necromancy. Right now in game all you have to do to make an ownage char is add poisoning skill. Why waste 200 points on necro/spirit when you only need an additional 100 points of poison to OWN!!

The reason I wrote this post is because I made a necro/swordsman and took the time and made the effort to 120 spirit speak and GM necro along with giving it a 120 cap and got midnight bracers to bring it to 120. Well, with 100 swords,tac,anat,120 spirit,120 necro,100 resist,100 heal this char is a walking nerfball because my focus on high necro skills doesn't allow this char to have 120 swords or tac. With the necro spell damage nerfed so badly, even with the use of 30% spell damage increase, its a complete waste of a pvp template. And, this is all because you nerfed it because mages could take advantage of wither with high FC/FCR & high spell damage. Well, its obvious to me you can't or don't know how to regulate this template. Because wither cannot do damage currently in PVP on chessy, this is proof of that. Well, either make the necromancer template worth having or just round file it so no one will be disapointed any longer after they've spent the time and effort to make a necro.

In closing, I have suggestions... First give wither back its damage, but institute a time delay as you said you would (1.5 seconds) --- what a concept, doing what you say you will! Second, allow painspike's damage to flucuate with a char's spell damage increase. After all, YOU allow jewelry to spawn that enhances damage, allow us to take advantage of that fact by allowing it to enhance necromancy spell damage! Midnight Bracers give +20 necro, +10 Spell damage, and are mage armor--how about allowing that spell damage to help the necro too, not just the mage!!! Third, give necromancy more spells and make it a full out template that can compete with mages and pure meleers or poison meleers rather than it being just an add-on. Ask any player, you don't "add-on" magery, but you DO "add-on" necro. This further proves its a third rate template. Do you Devs there at UO consider yourselves third-rate? I know your answer to that. Well then, why would I want to play a third-rate template?

C

chesapeake_man

Spirit speak still closes lootable corpses. This gives an unfair advantage to the necro using spirit speak when looting corpses; especially in DOOM! I had heard this was supposed to be addressed in PUBLISH 24. WHAT IS THE DELAY THEN? STOP ALLOWING NECRO CHAR'S UNFAIR LOOTING ADVANTAGE! YOU'VE KNOWN ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND HAVEN'T FIXED IT YET!

A

Al'Djinn

What are you talking about? Just hit the "use last item" macro to open the corpse again.

G

CAPS MAKE ME LOOK ANGRY!! GRRRRRRRR AND SMART AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

sorry But Iagree it should keep corpses open....but it closes the corpse for us to, so how is it unfair to us we have to open it again to......
It does this because the old corpse is deleted and replaced by the SS'd one.

J

Jmpjarvis

i personally think as a player of a necromancer on the oceania shard.

that the spell raise dead has a lot of limitations.

e.g you can never raise any thing kick ass , i guess that may be skill releated (higher skill better raised minions)

the other thing is the Hell Steed what a joke!! if it was a real advantage it would work this way!!

e.g only a gm+ necromancer can do this :: a raise a dead nightmare to become a Hell Steed, command it like any other pet, and be able to stable this raised creature so it may be bonded, only at this level or above resurect the the steed when it dies or resurect anothers hell steed.

it would work similar to the game dynamics of a tamer but limited to necromancers only!!

this would give the necros some added fire power plus level the playing feild with other charater types like tamers and bards.

P

Pheragas

hmm i dont know about the worst necro spell, necromancy is my favorite skill though. My three favorite spells would have to be:

-Horrific Beast Great for PvM or PvP especially when you're low on regs.
-Vengeful Spirit Always fun to watch your revnant hack away at a monster or house hiding PK.
-Wither A great are attack. On most monsters usually does 30-50 damage all around!

E

eolsunder1

Strangle. So great to cast and let them take damage. My first spell thrown.

Lich form. I used this for mana regen in certain areas where im backup, like in doom throwing fireballs, etc. get in back, summon wisp and turn lich, hehe fun!.

Wither, good in some cases. Animate dead, good also, meat shields.

Bad spells. Corpse skin. I was hoping this would be so great, but no. Since i use fireballs alot I had planned to have this as a all use spell, but sadly didnt seem to really do much, so switched to strangle as first spell.

As to the persons talking about horrid beast+ artifacts for fast health regen. Sure thats nice, but really, if something gonna kill me, its going to kill me fast <grin> Its not going to wait 10 or 20 seconds for that regen to really help. If i have 50 hp left and a lich lord is flamestriking me, that 5 regen a second wont help much if im dead. I tried it a few times, was good vs weak stuff, but hard stuff still killed me long before any "regeneration" was going on.

Hellstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Lich form with bracelet of health and a summoned wisp... great for mana and I still gain hps...

1. So lich form is one of my favorites
2. Evil omen, because I have 120 magery and 80 poisoning 100% lvl 5 will decimate a dragon in no time flat!
3. Strangle is a good opener I agree...
4. The Revenant is pretty neat as a finishing move... even in pvp I have been able to strangle, then evil omen, then lethal poison, and as they scramble for a cure I sometimes can drop a revenant just as they are getting composed... while they are dealing with the revenant I just keep dumping...

Necro spells alone are hard to pvp/pvm with... but as a nox/necro/mage I find that they supplement my magery spells, put my mana gain into a whole new level, and strangle and revenant ( when I can slip one out ) do the most important thing in PVP.... they buy me time , they delay my opponent trying to solve overcoming my last spell while I am setting up my next combo.

Also, always keep a wisp handy... always... who cares if they get killed... thats one hit that somebody wasted when they should have been hitting you... Gawn necros are fun!

D

Dreadlord Galaad

Oaks, I think you are wrong to ask something like that because all the spells of necromancy are wonderful on Pvm. (also on pvp too)
There isnt any wrost or best. Personnally, I use them all.
Curse Weapon : Perfect
Pain Spike : Perfect to drop stam and to do dmg
Corpse Skin : Even poison resist 100% monsters are vulnerable to poison
Evil Omen : Just Perfect
Blood Oath : Again Perfect
Wraith Form : Life Saver ! (You need to play on a felucca rule shard to understand that)
Mind Rot : Really Really useful if you cast it on the good monster
Horrific Beast : Another Life Saver
Animate Dead : So powerful
Poison Strike : Crowded places are good to use it against high cold resist monsters instead of wither
Strangle : Some bosses are really vulnerable to that spell
Summon Familiar :
All the familiar have their utility, you just need to use them when you need
Wither: See below
Lich Form : Need Mana??
Vengeful Spirit : Cool, thats nicer than an EV
Vampiric Embrace : I love to drink blood you know =) You want a 100% red glass too?

D

Dark_Schneider

Worst spell - Horrific Beast -. Considering you cannot cast anyspells while in this form it makes it rather worthless. Someone claims they use it in PvP, I would like to see that LOL i play on siege and have never in my entire lief seen someone PvP in this form, thats a rediculous idea, if you cant use any of your necromancy spells except transformation it defeats the purpose of having them.

Best Spell - Lich Form. I walk aroudn in it 90% of the time, and I PvP in it 90% of the time, doesn't get much better than an enourmous mana pool.

G

Hor beast+hard hitting weapon+brace of health+voice of fallen king+hp regen gear.....superman with the hp regen.

only reason not many use it is because it has little use out of HP regen and hitting harder....but i've used it alot of killed many mages...but once again its also unused like wraith or lich...because you are unable to mount wich 9/10 people who PvP do....

if it was unmounted PvP it would be dfifferent I change forms alot in formal duels.

L

Lord Drake

im a legendary necromancer and these are the 3 best pvm spells in my opinion in order. 1)wither 2)pain spike 3)corpse skin, my favorite necro spells are wither, blood oath and STRANGLE2WIN /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Santaquin

Well, I want to comment on this but Id have to say the best 3 necro spells for PvM dont even exist......

Think about that.

J

Johnny Phoenix

I have a Warrior/Necro and working on a Necro Mage
Worse spells
Reverant - As stated, gets dispelled too easily
Corpse SKin - IF i'm somewhere fighting phy creatures, i'm already 70.
Mind Rot - I don't think i've ever really used it

Best:
Strangle - Throw it on something and walk away, go back and get the loot.
Pain Spike - As mentioned a few times, a good finisher if you're low on mana and they on health
Warrior 3rd - Wither, ya get surrounded and ya send out a cold area hit, awesome
Mage 3rd - Summon Familiar, Wisp helps with the mana and the Horde Minion helps carry stuff, plus he seems to be a solid fighter at times.

G

--Ignore post...-- i lack the power to read PVM apparently...

Although this spell is good for pvm I believe it is far too good for pvp. Blood oath. Any person can easily cast this for defense purposes, and it takes so little mana that it can be casted over and over. In fact, I've seen many necromancers in fel only casting blood oath as thier prep spell so they can have a mage dump all thier spells and then hit them with one armor ignore to kill them.

My opinion is to reduce the damage to 25-50% depending on Necromancy/Spiritspeak. My 2 Cents.

B

bbr

Necromancers need LOVE /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Or more accurate... more spells, more fun spells, more cantrips.
Mages have 64 spells.. necromancers only 16.... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

i know we shouldnt list additional spells :p
but i will anyway. maybe they'll be picked up again at a later time.

- Decreptify : slows target's movement speed
- Decay : increases the decay speed of target corpse
- Corrode : damages the target's armor / weapons
- Rot skin : decreases the target's physical and fire resistance
- Enflame wounds : if the target is damaged, poison the target.
- Choke : if target is poisoned, increase the level of the poison by 1
- Poison : similar to the mage spell poison
- Explode corpse : rapid decay a corpse, and have it deal an area effect damage to those standing nearby
- Poison corpse : rapid decay a corpse and have it expel a cloud of poison
- Poison cloud : creates an area effect poison, similar to poison field, but with a poison gas cloud instead
- Impale : create a large spike of bone, and shoot it at the target like an arrow.
- bone hail : shoot a multitude of bony shards at the target, interrupting spells for a few seconds, and dealing damage over time.
- Shadow sword: either as a summon, or a weapon, allows the necromancer to use a shadow sword that acts like a Use best weapon skill sword, which can do a bleed attack, and double strike.
- polymorph : like the mage spell, ( only toggleable ) however, just for fun, the necromancer should be able to select any undead creature. even if its just to scare newbies,, its fun. or could be used to confuse people by taking the same form as your reanimates... elder liches do it, or used to do it, why cant we?

--= better control over pets would be nice too.

--------------

Painspike is good, it decreases target stamina, thus lowering their swing and movement speed.
Strangle is good.
Necromancers dont really have any low level spells that can really do damage... i mean
you could go around painspiking any and everything,,, but you wont kill that ogre with painspike, face it... a mage using fireball could..

Animate,, is ok i guess, however,, they lose life, and they cant be controlled beyond follow me,, also they can be attacked by other players...
i'd say they should be made to use in control slots, and the skeletal horse should not lose any life if you are riding it.

the familiars... mwah...
most are close to useless.
there should be 1 added that increases your life regeneration.
and 1 that increases your damage by 25% or so.

we mainly need more spells.. more spells is more "diversity".
and thus more fun :> imho.

D

Drex NThrak

Three best:
Strangle
Familiar (shadow wisp)
Wither

Three worst:
Mind rot - never use it
Evil Omen - too unpredictable as to what the "next" thing will happen to it is. Should be on a timer instead of next-nasty-thing based.
Animate Dead - AI is abysmal on these, lack of ability to control or loot their kills a definite minus. Would be nice if we could "use" the Necromancy skill, and "Bind" an animate to our service - effectively making it a pet that is stableable, controllable, takes slots, but with fixed skills and cannot be resurrected. Would make skeletal steeds worthwhile, and if we still chose to use the dumbed-down, non-controllable, non-looting ones under the current rules that would be fine.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the animated dead taking control slots, lasting until destroyed and following commands...

As much as I would **LOVE** that... i can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would be **WAY** too powerfull.

Youl never see a white wyrm die faster than 3 skel drags on it. PLayers do not have WW hp. True, with control slots yould proly really only have 1 skel drag. and be on foot a that. Even still. 1 skel drag(even the summoned ones) is more than enough to shred most players to peices in nothing flat. The really heavily armored and well prepared/equipped players might last long enough to try and run. (I know, people attack mine frequently when im hunting.. and die 9 times out of 10 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif )

Besides. Tamers wouldn't like it; therefore it would never happen.

Oh btw.. you guys all realize the point of this thread... he's looking for what to nerf in the next publish.. be carefull what you say /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Elric

O

Orlandu

I played as a Necromancer since the AoS release until I quit (oddly enough, i miss pvp and may come back from FFXI) ~ I played on Siege, here's what I used to farm dragons/demons/anything else that walks anywhere.

Best:

Corpse skin + Strangle + Poison Strike = anything dies.

Worst:

Mind Rot
Blood Oath
Animate Dead

Of course, different spells for different situations.

E

eolsunder1

I love evil omen, its so quick its awesome for just before a damaging spell.

My combo usually goes like..

I usually lead in with strangle.

poison/explode/poison/evil omen/ebolt followed up by poisons/fireballs or poisons/harms.

I usually dont use strangles in pvp because they take a good time to cast, i can cast alot of lesser spells in the time it take me to get a strangle off. Thus its usually either the first spell pre-cast, or not at all.

if the opponent isn't paying attention, the explode/poison/evil omen/ebolt usually will knock them out, or at least knock them down so low a fireball/harm combos will quickly fix them. Evil omen is very very fast, and very effective.

Dont underestimate blood oath. if your about to be mana dumped by a mage, that spell will make that mage reel back fast in damage. they will either have to stop the attack to heal up, or contine and be low oh hp. if you heal through their mana dump, they are already damaged waiting for your counterattack.

A

Argyle

I would just like to add that animate dead is by far underrated. You guys need to play with it more.

R

Raza

Best:
-Wraith Form
-Wither
-Strangle

Worst:
-Mind Rot
-Vengeful Spirit
-Blood Oath

W

W^olf

Necro Mage.

3 best spells.
Animate dead. (with 2 EVs and 3 liches. ur invincible)
Wither. (great for those irritating monsters which loves to gather on u.)
familiar. (love the wisps. love the horde minion.)

3 worst spells.
Vengeful spirit. (They dun hit that much. and they're dispel.)
familiar. (aint quite sure what the other familiars are there for. they dun attack they jus hang around u.)
Vampiric embrace. (Cant ride. Cant fly. Cant turn into bats. lolz.)

C

Chandalir

Gonna cut this one loose.

Oaks is no longer on the team, and I doubt necromancy is the main concern with the new expansion

Maybe some other dev will get into necromancy at a later time?