• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thoughts on the New SA Tamables

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First as has been demonstrated (the change to Raptors and Pack Instincts) one must accept they are not in a finalized state.

Now having said the above.

One thing I have noticed, I have tamed all the known mobs except the Wolf Spider. One thing they all have in common is they are, depending on how one looks at it, either way to easy to tame for what they are OR they are Junk Mobs for beginning tamers (no not literally).

Some thing that have been observerd.

The Iron Beetle MAY (several have seen this so far) mine Ore.
The Skree has a Breath Attack.
The Boera(sp) may all, but for sure the HighLand, has some kind of special attack.

Those are the ones I know about. What MAY be in common among them is they MAY have attributes/skills that are NOT SHOWN on the Animal Lore Window.

The, why are these things even in the game, may be a function of US not knowing the state of the NOT visable attribute/skills.

The above may be nothing but wish fulfillment as often I have articulated that we know way to much about every aspect of UO and that it is pretty darn close to a game being played from a spreadsheet.

*Shrug* I am going to probably hold out and feed the optimist wolf part of me and hope these things will in fact improve over time, in ways that may not be known to us.

Did anyone else notice the Highland has a Poison Skill? Albeit mine is zero, suggesting it is a bug but then why copy a rune beetle template for what could just as easily been a Garamen(sp) template?

O

Old Man of UO

One thing I have noticed, I have tamed all the known mobs except the Wolf Spider. One thing they all have in common is they are, depending on how one looks at it, either way to easy to tame for what they are OR they are Junk Mobs for beginning tamers (no not literally)....
I haven't had a chance to play with the new tames, but wondering how these work for building skill? Will these make good mid-level tames to use and build skill? In which case, they aren't useless at all.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should stop and find the to tame but I suspect if they have a taming requirement at all it is in the mid 20's to mid 30's.

At 120 I have never failed to start a tame and I have never failed a tame attempt.