• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event This Month's Big Finale Date has changed!

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I have also changed this months final event to Saturday. This change is being made because of feedback I've gotten while in game. I realize not everyone uses the forums, and since so many folks have told me they have been unable to attend weeknight events I thought for this month we should have a big event finale on a Saturday in the afternoon. I hope this makes it easier for everyone to attend.
Event date: Saturday 9/27 at 4pm Pacific time! Please adjust your calendars accordingly! :D

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be very helpful if we could move this to at least 4pm PAC time... so it's 7pm for us EST players.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weekends, especially during the daytime, are family time in our household. Sorry, but smack dab in the middle of Saturday afternoon is a very poor choice of a time for people to play when they have family obligations.

Once again, you seem to be catering to people who live east of the Mississippi and/or in Europe. Pretty much par for the course for the entire EM program since day 1. It's gotten old and it's one of the big reasons I really wish we could have a live events team to handle this sort of stuff and roll it out globally so anyone who plays UO, no matter what kind of schedule they have for being able to play, has an actual chance at doing live events. This way of doing things and catering to just a small handful of players ALL THE TIME is for the birds. I'm tired of paying for content that there is no way in the world I can ever attend on a regular basis and hope to know what is going on and actually be able to participate in at a time that is convenient for me and for guildmates who also live in the Mountain and Pacific time zones, have families and non-UO obligations that keep us busy until later in the evening.

It's absolutely ridiculous that this program has existed for so long and we're still having to say the same things, over and over again, and no one seems to get it. I guess the explanation is that no one really cares about 95% of the players of UO. No, the EM program seems to be run specifically for one small group of players and all the rest of us don't matter, even though we're probably providing the bulk of the money being spent on the program.

Last edited:

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
It would be very helpful if we could move this to at least 4pm PAC time... so it's 7pm for us EST players.
Sure, I have no problems moving it to 4pm. Let me change the posts.

Reactions: S_S

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you so much. I know a few won't be happy (can't please them all). But this time is before most eat dinner (west coast) and after most eat dinner (east coast). Best time I could see for most.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also changed this months final event to Saturday. This change is being made because of feedback I've gotten while in game. I realize not everyone uses the forums, and since so many folks have told me they have been unable to attend weeknight events I thought for this month we should have a big event finale on a Saturday in the afternoon. I hope this makes it easier for everyone to attend.
Event date: Saturday 9/27 at 4pm Pacific time! Please adjust your calendars accordingly! :D
Is this Sonoma residents asking for the time/day change or ?

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Is this Sonoma residents asking for the time/day change or ?
Yes :)
I log on at various times to chat with players and set up events. I figure no one else has reason to be on at those times unless they legitimately play there.
Please keep in mind this isn't a permanent change, most times events will be the usual Wednesdays at 7 :) Hope to see you there!

Reactions: S_S