• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] This just in: there is no bug that makes things go non-vendorable during transfers...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In [Discussion] - The unvendorable items problem I first raised the issue, the non-vendorable items after x-shard bug.

Back at the Europa fest, in 2014, @Mesanna acknowledged the bug. She promised that all we had to do was to page a GM, and the items would be fixed.

In December 2015, another bug came, where stacked items now are also becoming non-vendorable. Over on Atlantic, I have several hundred seeds and grass tiles which currently are unsellable, for example. [bug] Stackable items cannot be purchased from vendors

At the Pacific fest, I have a mailbox for anyone to turn in items which have broken due to either bug, so the GMs can fix them.

Only it seems that the GMs have been told that the non-vendorable items after x-shard bug is long fixed. This will be news to those of us who encounter it often... @Scribbles, @Assia Penryn, @slippjeem, @Scott, and others. Some of us even encountered it just transferring to this festival. The bug is FAR from fixed.

On the plus side, anyone who gave me broken stacked items, your items have theoretically been fixed, and are ready for pickup. On the negative side, anyone who had non-stackable broken items, your items are still broken, and the GMs have been told they are "correctly flagged" as non-vendorable, and thus the GMs will not fix them.

@Kyronix @Bleak

Conversation with the GM follows:

Attachments

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
For the record, here's what had so far been turned in for repairs:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is asinine. Absolutely asinine. I am absolutely fed up and annoyed that they are saying that there is nothing wrong with this system.

I transfer multiple times a month and buy things on other shards and bring them to my home shard. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ITEMS ARE BOUGHT FROM VENDORS... not traded from other players and not from IDOCS either. An EVERY trip I end up with stuff that becomes unvendorable after the transfer... every damn trip. I've seen what happens when items "become" unvendorable after being put on the vendor... the buyer gets an error and they can't purchase. You take them off and you can't put them back on. So how come is it, that I am buying all my items, transferring them and then having it happen? I can tell you with 100% certainity that these items ARE new stock and not simply leftover. pre-fix I transfer to the same shards... I look for the same items using your search engine... I buy "new" items that weren't there last trip. Hell, I had this happen with 800 gold foil... that's a newly added item and I lost the whole stack. I just gave it away because it wasn't worth me holding onto in hopes this gets fixed. I have a part of my banks devoted to items that are no longer vendorable. This is happening with both stackable and unstackable items.

This needs to be fixed to PROTECT the honest merchants in this community. I urge the devs PLEASE listen to us in the community that are saying something is happening and I'm more than willing to do my part IF you guys will please hear us when we tell you something is not right. If these items aren't legit, than find the damn bug that is letting people put them on and fix that because if it is was working as intended it sure as hell wouldn't be able to be put on in the first place. I would be more than happy to start keeping track of ALL my purchases on ALL my trips and keeping a log of anything that goes unvendorable after transfering back. Hell, I'd even log the coordinates and facet of where I bought it. This would take hours of my already pressed play time... but I'd do it if it meant getting a fix to this.

JUST... ARGH.... :bdh:

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This honestly sounds to me like the GMs are too lazy or incapable of investigating this issue further. I'm not pointing fingers at Chern, but I've gotten in similar arguments with that GM and some others which have left me equally as unsatisfied and angry that they wasted my time. How else are we going to get them to fix this issue? Apparently its already been years and being polite hasn't gotten us anywhere. Its just kind of BS imo. It's their job to address and fix issues like these, especially one that is so frickin' obvious!

Not trying to rant here, but it just pisses me off that the GM is gonna toss their hands in the air and say "well idk, so everyone is screwed." Its not fair to the players, and its not fair to people paying sub fees, part of which should be going towards tech support.

This isn't a good look for the current Broadsword staff.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Chernabog tells us to submit a bug report - respectfully, that is his job. I've submitted 2 within the past 4 weeks with no response. I don't expect them to fix my items right away, but i do expect some kind of response. My items are from the transfer bug. @Mesanna confirmed it was still an issue at the rares jubilee just a few months back. She, at the time, said they had narrowed it down to items being transferred off the server (given a new item id) and then transferred back to that home server (duplicate id - deemed bug duped).

This is a smidgen personal to me because i transferred my ENTIRE MUSEUM to Lake Austin, was there for several months and then decided to move it back to ATL. Due to it being a museum, i was not out to put my stuff on vendors, therefore i didn't notice it was an issue until it was too late. One month ago, 8 items were fixed for me by a gm. Now, paged 2 times, told to file a bug report both times, filed a bug report and ... nothing!

If they don't resolve this, they will lose 3 more accounts as i decide to move in another direction...

See all this armor below - crafted by my crafter (rendered duped) All of it - 128 pieces of armor will not go on a vendor.. definitely transfer bugged - coincidence?
I never intend to sell them, so that's not a major issue - but i don't like knowing i personally crafted a dupe according to the current logic...
my crafted armor.jpg

Yes, maybe they have fixed the bug... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. No, they have not fixed all the items associated with the previous bug... All my items were locked down or on a mannequin when they made the switch - i guarantee it. Those items are not fixed and I'm beginning to lose hope that they will...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Chernabog tells us to submit a bug report - respectfully, that is his job.
ORLY?
It is? I thought his job was the same as the other GMs, which is customer service.
I think everyone is being a little rough on a person who cannot be here to defend him/herself, state what his/her job description is, or even give his/her opinion on the matter.
I am fairly certain the bug isn't the GMs fault. It makes sense that they are told how to respond to specific matters and "known issues".

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm not here to bash Chernabog - I understand customer service is his job. I'm here to state the obvious. We are being told to submit a bug report. I've done that and I'm continuing to wait - less and less patiently with 0 answers. If even a small email response with, "noted, we are working on a solution or a resolve." If it were a few items, it wouldn't bother me. Being 95% of my house and not knowing until after they've stopped fixing items, it makes me nervous. My 16 year collection is now deemed duped - what does that say about me?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my duped slither, which hasnt been vendorable since "non-vendorable" was put into place was fixed by the recent "fix". its vendorable now. and i bought it for 50m off a vendor with 20 slithers for sale, during the week when slithers were everywhere.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my duped slither, which hasnt been vendorable since "non-vendorable" was put into place was fixed by the recent "fix". its vendorable now. and i bought it for 50m off a vendor with 20 slithers for sale, during the week when slithers were everywhere.
i have a few items on my person that were fixed with the recent bug fix. Everything that was on my mannequins or locked down on display was not fixed...

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm not here to bash Chernabog - I understand customer service is his job. I'm here to state the obvious. We are being told to submit a bug report. I've done that and I'm continuing to wait - less and less patiently with 0 answers. If even a small email response with, "noted, we are working on a solution or a resolve." If it were a few items, it wouldn't bother me. Being 95% of my house and not knowing until after they've stopped fixing items, it makes me nervous. My 16 year collection is now deemed duped - what does that say about me?
I'm not bashing him either. But Mesanna told us to page a GM and that GMs would fix affected items. Now I page a GM, a day later a GM responds, and the GM very clearly tells me that he will not fix the items. Of the "stack bug" items, only half were actually fixed - several still will not go on vendors. The dev and support team is small; where is the breakdown in communication, when the lead dev tells us support will fix things, and support tells us that 1) they won't fix it, and 2) there is no problem anyhow, ...thus 3) *we* who cannot fix anything must therefore be wrong? How long was it, back in 2013, that they were telling us that there wasn't an xfer bug in the first place, before they admitted that actually, yes, there is such a bug?

I think everyone is being a little rough on a person who cannot be here to defend him/herself, state what his/her job description is, or even give his/her opinion on the matter.
I think the GM actually did all three in my conversation with him, if you read his comments. I included the entire conversation (except for a "hello" which was cut off at the beginning).

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a few items on my person that were fixed with the recent bug fix. Everything that was on my mannequins or locked down on display was not fixed...
intresting. all mine that were fixed were on characters as well. they were generally things i used, or the bag i kept in a blue beetle to store items to page a gm about.

i dont have any items locked down or even at the house to compare. perhaps someone else does.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have items in a bag secured at my house they traveled from another shard to my home shard approximately 1 month ago. I tested them this morning; the items are still not vendorable.
Oh the shame of it! duping gingerbread houses, sleighs, and reindeer !!! :frown2:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the record, my "pigments of tokuno - subdued coal" is now un-vendorable after transferring to raresfest. if i had to guess, ive transferred this item about 5 times so far (3 different raresfest - put on vendor all other times)

if anyone would like to buy this extremely rare dye, 20m only because of non-vendorable! third rarest dye in game. maybe they will fix it someday?

In all honesty, if this bug is not fixed, and the GMs are no longer individually fixing items it might be best to just hold all future raresfests on Atlantic (which would suck). Its just not worth the risk of items becoming un-vendorable to transfer them to another shard for sale.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I had items that were on my vendor on Atlantic... transferred to Pac for rares fest... and voila' they don't go on. This bug is not fixed.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In all honesty, if this bug is not fixed, and the GMs are no longer individually fixing items it might be best to just hold all future raresfests on Atlantic (which would suck). Its just not worth the risk of items becoming un-vendorable to transfer them to another shard for sale.
You're forgetting one thing... 24 shards making items besides Atlantic, so 96% of all items would be transferred at least once even to get them to an Atlantic fest.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're forgetting one thing... 24 shards making items besides Atlantic, so 96% of all items would be transferred at least once even to get them to an Atlantic fest.
right, i guess i should have said "all raresfest should be on one shard, and all rarescollectors should move to one shard and never transfer anything ever if this bug isnt fixed because the risk isnt worth it" yes i know a ridiculous thought.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well poo - guess I'm gonna have to open up 21 more accounts to make this new system work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my current collection of items that are non-vendorable in one of my char's banks. The stuff that is less expensive, I just toss or give away because I don't have a bunch of space to save in hopes they'll be fixed. Even with that... you can see we aren't talking hardcore extremely expensive items... I think the pink lemons that were screwed up with this week's transfer to rares fest will end up being the most expensive when they are added on my return trip. I avoid a lot of high end items on my vendor because it would be a huge financial loss if they went unvendorable. The majority of items on my vendors are prices under 1m and even then it adds up. These are all items I bought off another vendor after this feature was added that became unvendorable after I brought them back to Atl. I'm sure there are more in my chests that I haven't discovered yet.

nonvendorable.jpg

OldUO

Adventurer
I was wondering about this. I recently gave someone some old clothing to move from baja to pacific and not a single piece can be put onto vendors :( this clothing hasn't left my bank box since 2001 so I know its never been duped.

Im glad to see people are trying to get the issue fixed

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about instead of worrying about the transfer bug, just getting rid of the non-vendorable thing all together. Its a dumb code that doesnt even catch very well known dupes (syphnx)

This and a couple other issues just show how far out of touch the staff is with its customer base. I like the word asinine... ill stick with it.

Asinine.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is pretty dumb that it doesn't consider any of the Sphinxes duped when there are hundreds of them even though it was a 1/1 item originally.... yet it considers Scott's entire museum duped when he crafted some of the armor pieces himself.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think the GM actually did all three in my conversation with him, if you read his comments. I included the entire conversation (except for a "hello" which was cut off at the beginning).
I mean here in this thread. You know, the place with the line of players holding torches and pitchforks? I understand there is a problem with the game. What's happening here is that the person who got picked to help you is being thrown under the proverbial bus for something that obviously is out of his control. Be mad at Mesanna. Email her till your fingers bleed. But don't take it out on the poor dude that's probably making minimum wage to deal with a 20 year old bugged out game.
Sorry, I've been in the service industry for a lot of years, and the one thing that I know for sure, it will never be the first person you talk to's fault regardless of what your issue is. That's usually the first level person who really has no control over your issue and is trained to answer your questions in a specific way. If THAT guy fixes your (hypothetical) problem then you had a GREAT day. Just sayin'.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I mean here in this thread. You know, the place with the line of players holding torches and pitchforks? I understand there is a problem with the game. What's happening here is that the person who got picked to help you is being thrown under the proverbial bus for something that obviously is out of his control. Be mad at Mesanna. Email her till your fingers bleed. But don't take it out on the poor dude that's probably making minimum wage to deal with a 20 year old bugged out game.
Sorry, I've been in the service industry for a lot of years, and the one thing that I know for sure, it will never be the first person you talk to's fault regardless of what your issue is. That's usually the first level person who really has no control over your issue and is trained to answer your questions in a specific way. If THAT guy fixes your (hypothetical) problem then you had a GREAT day. Just sayin'.
Please tell me then, who do I talk to. What number do I call? Whose email do I start a conversation with? Yes you are defending the GM. I think we all agree that he is not the reason for the issue. He is however been the point of contact, so his name is within the thread. If you have a better solution, please list it. I've emailed broadsword. I've emailed Mesanna. I've filed 3 bug reports now per the gm's request. How does one get some answers or response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Except the lead dev *specifically* told us to page and that GMs would fix broken items. Here we have a GM specifically stating that GMs will *not* fix those same broken items.

All other levels of support - phone, etc - were closed down by EA pre-Broadsword. So tell me then, when we have both dev and GM levels not assisting, that isn't a witch hunt with pitch and fire. That's the players attempting to hold the company responsible for *some* level of adequate customer service, for the service which we pay for.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally was attacking the fact there is an issue that I do not feel like is being acknowledged and not the GM. After he "fixed" my items, I put a pink lemon on my vendor, a day later and guess what.. it reverted again... it could not be bought, could not be put back on once it was removed. Again... these lemons had no problem prior to my transfer to Pac. I stocked and sold them on Atlantic... hell, I have a pink lemon that came from that same stack on my vendor on Atl as I type this. It has zero issues and hasn't become unvendorable. I transfer the others and they become "unvendorable"? It is NOT the GMs fault... it's the coding. Something is screwing with whatever identification method the team is using.

I wouldn't care so much if I had found items in an IDOC and they were unvendorable... I'd go "Oh well, I guess they are duped... I'm not out anything other than some time. *toss or try and bank sell it (with the info it can't go on a vendor)" Buying something off a vendor... having it go unvendorable is completely different. I'm out something... the gold I paid for it. As merchants, there is no way to protect ourselves from it. The whole point of this system is to tell us when something has been duped so we can choose whether or not to purchase it with that knowledge. This system is broken. If I buy something off a vendor, it shouldn't be duped if this is working correctly.

Again, please don't say there isn't an issue or that this is working as intended... if the system is intended to have things randomly be labeled as duped the joys of collecting and of being a merchant are going to be in jeopardy. I think I can safely say that the people who this affects on a regular basis would be more than willing to put time in to try and help the team figure out what is causing the issues and fixing them. What we get frustrated about is the feeling that the issue is being ignored, being told there isn't a problem when obviously there is in some part of the system. We want to help, but if you don't tell us exactly what info you want from us.... we can't.

Anyone who knows me... knows I hate, despise, loathe dupers, scammers, etc. I would love a system that identifies those items that have been duped... I want that. I can absorb 25m-35m a month in losses, but the average player may not have that fiscal flexibility. This hurts them too, not just the collectors.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and for knowledge... some of the items that went unvendorable this trip... have gone off shard to previous rares fests and back to Atlantic with NO issues... then I jump to Pac and these items are now unvendorable?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also - everything you see in my stratics photo that i posted over a year ago - it's now all non-vendorable... Even the Double Blessed shipwrecked tricone that I got from @Captn Norrington auction, which @Smoot sold at that auction... Which @Adeka purchased off the vendor for me as a proxy because I couldn't attend.

The cutlass i purchased from @Olcher which he got from the event. This cutlass is the one pictured in @brianfreud original post.

The Formosa Lantern (which i didn't know they duped lanterns) - sold it yesterday for half it's value cause it is now apparently duped...

I'm sure if i start logging my items, i can pull back the curtain to see they were all legitimately purchased/owned previously and purchased off vendors...

kikiriki

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
idk if this is helpfull or not i bougth to a friend some a couple of braziers once they were xfer for my home shard they went unvendorable i paged a gm like 3 or 4 time and 2 days ago i finaly got a answe he said me the same as to u that he couldn't fix it but he also told they wold be able to fix them once the next publish comes out so i would advice u all to page them then when the patch comes out i will do it my self too

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
It just gets better. Apologies for this being chopped up; it's a busy day at the fest, so there was a lot of journal noise to trim around.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

*about 5 minutes passes*

*another couple of minutes*

In case you missed it: