• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is working well again!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to the powers that be .. this is working well again:

I think it was Blood Ghoul who said he hadn't been getting any chests off Greater Dragon Paragons lately. Nor was I. I hope he is still playing and reads this because ...

Today the Ilshenar Valor area was rapidly spawning all kinds of dragons and paragons in full force!

The very first time I went hunting a Greater Paragon Dragon, which was a few years ago, I used over 2000 aides. It took me three tries, and three hours to subdue the beast. But that produced a Paragon chest .. a whitish-grey chest! After that I only got a mix of colored ones ..and was always hoping for another whitish one ..

And .. tonight --finally - another!

HAPPINESS!

I hope spawns everywhere are working better again.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is very cool!

I remember being that pumped when I got my [Blackrock Infected] Greater Dragon box....

Congrats :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The very first time I went hunting a Greater Paragon Dragon, I used over 2000 aides. It took me three tries, and three hours to subdue the beast.
3 hours?!?!?

Maybe it's my ADD and/or my hectic schedule IRL, but there's no way I could spend 3 hours working on one fight. Kudos to anyone who has that kind of time/patience. I get bored/annoyed when it takes me longer than usual to kill something simple, like swoop.

Congrats on getting the chest you were after. I know how great it feels to finally get that one drop you've been pining after.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I ran across a few paragon turkeys..would love to get a chest off that but just thinking about the fight makes me :cursing: lol

Grats Jade on getting those chests, very cool stuff!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paragon turkey?

I got my arse handed to me in a sling enough last year on the regular ones. If I saw a paragon one, I'd probably run home as fast as I could, hide my character behind the cabinets in the basement and log off for the rest of the day.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to hear.

But I got an offtopic question:
Those highlights on the chest and the corpse - they don't look like mine, when I play the Classic Client. Why is that?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those highlights on the chest and the corpse - they don't look like mine, when I play the Classic Client. Why is that?
Are you talking about the little info boxes or actual coloring/shading of the corpse and chest?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to the powers that be .. this is working well again:

I think it was Blood Ghoul who said he hadn't been getting any chests off Greater Dragon Paragons lately. Nor was I. I hope he is still playing and reads this because ...

Today the Ilshenar Valor area was rapidly spawning all kinds of dragons and paragons in full force!

The very first time I went hunting a Greater Paragon Dragon, I used over 2000 aides. It took me three tries, and three hours to subdue the beast. But that produced a Paragon chest .. a whitish-grey chest! After that I only got a mix of colored ones ..and was always hoping for another whitish one ..

And .. tonight --finally - another!

HAPPINESS!

I hope spawns everywhere are working better again.
Sounds like it was an Epic battle.. Congrats!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to hear.

But I got an offtopic question:
I have to admire your keen observation there, Merion!!:thumbsup:

It's a matter of taking more than one screen shot and combining what you need to make one picture. To get that (above) picture:

I take three screen shots and copy them one at a time, to my Adobe CS program.

The first shot is quick, without any highlights - in case something new spawns next to me - :pie: - I've at least captured the one picture!

The second shot highlights the chest which captures the label "Metal Chest" in the right spot but the chest is a funny yellow color - because the mouse-arrow is highlighting it. (also the tree trunk and tree root in the background of the Chest Label are not lined up properly -just noticed .. needs to be pushed a little over to the RH * - -think I need more practice doing this ??? .:lol: ..no worries ..I will spare everyone from more of my picture postings .. (nice day out there is calling to me) ... so only one more picture to post .. )

The third shot highlights the Paragon Dragon and captures the label "a greater dragon corpse" - a Paragon obvious by its color.

Later I work on cut and paste to combine the three pictures:
The labels are cut and pasted from the second and third screen shots onto the first picture which has no labels. These are then merged together to produce ONE picture which is cut to a smaller size and saved as a jpg. for posting.

You cannot get a picture of both highlights in one shot and still keep the natural colors of everything as in first shot that hasn't any highlights.

- - I am not sure if I get more of a kick from posting screen shots than from the hunt itself. :banana:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like it was an Epic battle.. Congrats!
Thanks everyone for your comments but I was only trying to get that white chest again after many many months of hunting those dang paragons in my spare time. The spawn had dwindled lately and no more chests were forthcoming since the migration.

Last night and this morning .. real epic battles like the one below, took place - - These jumped me first time .. yes.. ooOOoo but came back, took the spawn out and got to my bones in time ..

- - all those and more - - Later that Paragon with the Chest spawned, in another area .. right on top of me!! I was lucky to Invis myself immediately
(*whew*) before it attacked!! -- you don't want to know all that as many others achieve far more than me, doing this all time!

The main thing is, I hope everyone else is having as much fun and that everything will be working well sooner or later ..

I haven't explored SHAME yet! - - not sure I can handle that!

Now that I have my whitish chest ... hmmm.... :next: .. real life first .... *waves*

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats!!

It really makes me happy when people have goals like this...seemingly easy to complete except for the rng of UO. I too enjoy hunting for the white paragon chests and the extinct blackrock infected boxes.

O

Old Man of UO

You cannot get a picture of both highlights in one shot and still keep the natural colors of everything as in first shot that hasn't any highlights.

- - I am not sure if I get more of a kick from posting screen shots than from the hunt itself. :banana:
Glad you are having fun, and I like the pics!

I haven't used Photoshop in a while, mostly using Gimp now. But if you use layers instead of cutting and pasting you will cut your edit time in half. Just stack your photos, one in each layer, select what you want to keep on a layer, invert the selection and delete - everything except your selection is now gone. You can then drag it where you want it. This also lets you set transparency levels for each layer if you want to see through parts of your pic to lower layers.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you are having fun, and I like the pics!

I haven't used Photoshop in a while, mostly using Gimp now. But if you use layers instead of cutting and pasting you will cut your edit time in half. Just stack your photos, one in each layer, select what you want to keep on a layer, invert the selection and delete - everything except your selection is now gone. You can then drag it where you want it. This also lets you set transparency levels for each layer if you want to see through parts of your pic to lower layers.
I have GIMP now too and haven't tried to use it yet but will do so. There is a lot I would like to learn and too many gaps in my knowledge about how to use these programs. You've just given me a new concept to use and I know exactly, now, thanks to you, what I can try next. Thank You!

Oh - and - I love dancing .. and love the animations in that new and funniest post about bringing dancing into UO as a skill! *(green with envy .. the sense of humor and the animations.. I want to be able to do that ..the animations .. that's my goal .. sketeched art animated .. Disney Movies here I come ... *sigh* .. now back on topic ..
it's

- - - off to hunt the dragons some more .. to see if the spawn is going to continue as strong as in the last two nights - - I figure there must have been groups at the Valor Champ before I started hunting .. because there were numerous paragon lesser creatures hanging about when I arrived ..

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spawn is just as heavy but I am sure someone told those dragons to lay off ganging up on me. They are coming at me, one at a time, instead of two or three jumping on me all at once ..so far, that is!