• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is how the way to explain game changes

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Runescape is almost as old as UO and is constantly adding new content and challenges.
Here's the latest developer video explaining changes to mining and smithing.
Pretty personable, I'd say
Mining and Smithing Rework

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it aint broke... they aint trying! :p

As much as I like how they ruined mining and lumberjacking by randomizing ore and wood... I cant even dream how bad it would be with yet more changes.

AND... I'm not joking when I say I DID enjoy mining without some unattended scripter popping up right before Valorate only to clean it out for you. Wood, I've always hated. Its only been good to make arrows and bolts in my book. Its not like it stopped scripters at all. Just last weekend, I was mining a bit... trying to get some saltpeter… and not 1 but 2 scripters kept popping in and out. When I called them scripters out loud, the script answered me. hehe. If they were live or not, its still annoying. :)

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All they need to do is take those stupid resource maps that they added to the bod system/covetous and just make them permanent and Reusable on a timer based on which grade of resource you need.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mining/smith rework is looking real good. A great example of taking the base systems and greatly improving on it and making them better. I have been stuck on OSRS the last several months and loving the mining system put into it particularly the mother lode mine. Smithing has long been the hardest and most time involved skill to 99 due to the difficulty or expense in obtaining the resources to get there. The blast furnace and artisan workshop helped a lot with that or LOL you can just spend a real $$$ fortune on Keys and lamp yer way to 99s. ANyway the biggest complaint I am seeing about the rework is that it will cause the price of addy and runite to fall on the GE since there are only so many rune rocks and the competition for them is usually pretty stiff and world hopping 30-40 servers to get a load of rune has always sucked. Instead of making it nearly impossible to obtain the ore you want RS3 is making it easier and being very communicative with the player community along the way as well as soliciting player feed back. LOL someone figured out that the way to defeat scripters/bots is to devalue what they are scripting NOT making the system so difficult that it becomes a bot/scripter only activity. Plus RS actually seeks out and kills bot accounts :) RS has always been a much more player involved game than UO when it comes to delivering what the community wants and communicating and seeking feedback from the players. UO has largely been more of a "Here is your turd stew, now shut up and eat it whether you like it or not" kind of approach to the player base. Of course that is probably why on most shards there is no one to be found in UO and in RS on most worlds you see other people actually playing the game...... and the sheer numbers of people logged in on RS3 and OSRS at any given time. Something I find amusing is that OSRS and the old java client have a much larger player base than RS3 and NXT client and OSRS has its own Dev team, more important is that any changes or new content must pass the player polls before they introduce it into the game. Where RS3 does not have the same content polls and thresh holds for new content.