• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] This can't be right...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm doing fishing quests now, and surely there must be something that I am missing... I am sure I read a thread here somewhere (no I can't find it) about taking more than one quest at a time... In fact, I somehow managed to have 2 quests at once, but for the life of me I don't know how I did that...

I spend ALL of my time sailing to/from one quest and on to the next... How can I get more quests so I can pick the closest one to get to??

Fishing quests just can't demand THIS much sailing...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Visit ports other then the ones you currently have a quest for. You can get a quest from them as well.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah. Stop off at any other port while enroute to your delivery port. From what I remember you can't get another quest at the beginning nor ending ports until your current one is complete, but you can stop off at all the other ones and snag ones there.

Will be glad when they (hopefully) allow travel to and from Fel while on the ship tho. Can have that many more at once :)

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all you need is to be on the sub server of the city you want to go to. You dont need to go all the way to port. I have a ship parked near the Emporium so that i dont need to go thrugh the boat mess thats usually there. Make a rune for all the ther ports. And as soon as you cross into the server recall in. You çan have an open quest from all the cities. At times you may have multiple turn ins to one city. Don't worry about it. Just fill them and turn them in all at once. There won't be any issues.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I didn't know that about the sub servers. That does make it a bit easier to grind through all those quests .. thanks for the tip!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... I have a ship parked near the Emporium so that i dont need to go thrugh the boat mess thats usually there. Make a rune for all the ther ports. And as soon as you cross into the server recall in. You çan have an open quest from all the cities. At times you may have multiple turn ins to one city....
In another thread here, Storm also mentioned the server line thing, so thank you both for that info. Mule, you mention that you have a ship "parked", and that has me confused. Are you saying that one ship is "parked" and that you use another ship to get to other fishmonger "areas"? ;)

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The subserver areas are (for purposes of fishing)

Britain (by itself)
Moonglow & Floating Emporium
Trinsic, Jhelom & Skara Brae
and
Vesper (with the serpent's pillar to Papua, but you have to use the pillar to get to the lost lands to collect or ask for a quest there)

There's somewhat of a "Golden U" travel path for hitting all the quests, starting at the Floating Emporium.
  1. At FE, get quest there, recall to Moonglow, and get quest there as well. Return to ship.
  2. Go around south End of Haven/Ocllo and sail due west to Serpent Pillar (or, sail west between Haven/Ocllo and New Magincia, and go SW from there to Pillar - on some shards this second option is too cluttered with ships)
  3. Use Pillar, recall to Papua, get quest there, recall back to ship, go to LL pillar, return to surface.
  4. before having the ship start moving again, recall to Vesper to get quest (and/or deliver) there. Return to ship.
  5. Have ship sail West past Buc's Den, and north, stopping around the latitude of the northernmost buildings on the island, before you reach the server line.
  6. Recall to Jhelom, Skara Brae and Trinsic, getting all 3 quests. Then return to the ship.
  7. Sail a little bit further to the north, so that you cross onto the Britain subserver. Stop, and recall to Britain for the last quest.
  8. Recall back to ship, note what fish you need to complete quests. Fish for any deep water fish and lobsters you don't have already off the ship, or recall to shore and use a pack animal for transport, fishing for any shallow or dungeon types needed. Hopefully, you have most of the fish you need stockpiled at home already.
  9. Transport the fish back to the ship, then recall to deliver any completed quests that go to Britain. Return to the ship.
  10. Sail south till you cross the line onto the J/S/T subserver. Deliver all quests there.
  11. Check your quest list. Replace all delivered quests that were from those 3 cities, and return to ship.
  12. If Britain's quest delivered, sail back up to replace it (as per #7)
  13. Repeat 7-12 as needed, until all 8 quests go to Papua, Vesper, Moonglow and the FE.
  14. Sail to Serpent's pillar. stop, recall to vesper, deliver there (and get quest if it delivered to B/J/S/T).
  15. Fill all quests with Papua destination, use pillar, and deliver.
  16. Use Pillar to get back to surface, fill and deliver any new quest to Vesper.
  17. Repeat 14-16 until you have no Papua & Vesper destinations.
  18. Sail back to FE. Deliver all Moonglow quests with recall, then return to the ship, pull up to the docks, and deliver all the FE quests.
  19. Fill any replacement quests to these two cities, then pull back outside buoys.
  20. At this point, you will be back to step 1, effectively, with a few quests for the 4 western cities aboard. Start back at #2, whenever you feel like another round.
I've delivered 30+ quests in an hour, this way.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. I keep a boat parked there and recall to the boat if I need a quest or drop off at the emporium. So I use my second boat as my recall location for there. My house is on the east coast of magincia. I can hit vesper moonglow and emporium all within 2 minutes. Its great when I get quests from those three to one of those three. Its then only a matter of minutes to fill it and complete it.

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, Basara and Mule, I am continually amazed by the willingness of some people here to lend advice to others... Thank both of you very much for your input... Please bare with me for one (I think) last question: Mule, you said you use your "second boat" as your "recall" to location. How is that? If I try to place a second boat it tells me that I already have one deployed (which I obviously do)... The way I understand it, the quests that we get are tied to one player and one boat. So how can your second boat (anchored off the emporium) be used to get/fill orders to/from the emporium? And how do you manage to have a 2nd boat? Sorry for being so dense.....

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is the second boat of another character. You can also mark a rune to one of the public boats others place (Pinco used to have one as I recall). Note that your own boat still need to be in the same sub-server, see here for the server lines.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah I used another character to place the boat. Know that the second boat is only there for a recall location to the FE and that there are no quests on it. I still have to bring my main boat onto the subserver for quests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, it's not. The version drawn goes OVER Magincia, not under it, and is almost 3/4 of a circle, not a semicircle. It's much longer than it needs to be, and puts papua at an endpoint. That said, if you extend the circle back to the FE, it becomes more efficient than drawn, but not as good as the path I described.

The version I use goes under Haven/Ocllo, then back up to the server line that runs between Ocarina Island & Buc's Den.

The way I do it, you keep bouncing back and forth between Britain & Skara/Trinsic/Jhelom sides at that endpoint, until you run out of quests for all 4, then run back past the Serpent Pillar a second time for Papua/Vesper drop-offs before heading back to the FE.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres my loop. I start in Magincia since thats where my house is. I can hit FE, Moonglow and Vesper all in 2 minutes from my front porch. Then what is it about 5 minutes across the server to Trinsic, Skara, and Njhelm.
questloop.jpg

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, it's not.....
You are correct, Basara... I didn't look close enough at Lorddog's map before I answered, just the basic circle...

Here's the actual route that I use, now that Basara explained how the server lines work in the quests:

I found that I can save a little time by "returning" from the Moonglow server by going back thru the channel between New Magincia and New Haven instead of sailing down and under New Haven...

;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I modified your pic to show my route route.JPG

I bounce back and forth for the Britain/Skara/Trinsic/Jhelom delivers until I use them up, then sail back down to the SP. Note that Exiting the Serpent Pillar can put you anywhere between the Vertical Server Lines, as far north as Buc's Den's south coast, or as far south as Serpent's Hold's north coast (excepting the area that was the lake in Haven/Ocllo, or is/was once land at either). Sometimes, the exit will make the old route more direct on the last leg back to the FE.

If you aim it just right, you can actually turn through the passage between Haven/Ocllo & New Magincia, and end up sliding perfectly into the top boat slip at the FE docks, provided another ship isn't in the way (I try to park in that spot, just outside the buoy line, to keep it clear for myself).

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... If you aim it just right, you can actually turn through the passage between Haven/Ocllo & New Magincia, and end up sliding perfectly into the top boat slip at the FE docks, provided another ship isn't in the way (I try to park in that spot, just outside the buoy line, to keep it clear for myself).
Gonna check that out tomorrow...

;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You should have seen the reaction of my guildmates after a pirate hunt, when my last voice command to the tillerman was a right turn east of Buc's, south of Skull, and we slid in perfectly into the docks.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have seen the reaction of my guildmates after a pirate hunt, when my last voice command to the tillerman was a right turn east of Buc's, south of Skull, and we slid in perfectly into the docks.
LMAO...

Mad Tamer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello! I used to do this cross server line n turn in fish quests n accept new ones... But I reciently came back and it seems to ONLY allow me to accept 1 fishing quest at once from BRIT Quest guy... And after I deliver the fish I gotta go back to BRIT guest guy to get a new quest... Am I glitched or did they change the game??

Ok I had quests accepted when I quit playing UO a while back and when I came back I still had the quest but not the box cuz I lost that ship... Soo now that I canceled the quests I am back on track!

Last edited: