• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thinking About Coming Back

Seraphienah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My daughter and I used to play on Origin quite a bit. We were members of the Kohr Guild, had a house in luna plus several castles and custom houses. She played much more than me and was really good at PVP and taming where I just mostly decorated and mined. A few years ago my daughter and I stopped playing for a little while. She was concentrating on school and I was too busy with work and taking care of three kids on my own. My daughter, who was 14 at the time, logged into her account one evening and started crying. Someone had managed to get into her account. They took everything of value from her. Even the clothes off her back and her favorite Cu that took her 5 years to GM and perfect. Because she was friended to all my houses, they also took a lot of my things. I had tons of herritage tokens, promotional tokens and awesome deco that I had at one of my castles. And somehow some things that I had locked down disappeared too. I had two of those two-story statues and a singing ball at my Luna house that my x-husband had given me and they were also gone. I was so upset that I stopped paying on all the accounts and swore I was never coming back. That was years of her and I playing and having fun and someone just took it all. She started playing with me when she was 9 years old. A couple days ago my daughter got back in touch with someone she used to play with and decided to play again. Her friend even reactivated one of the accounts we have. So, I also reactivated one of mine. But I noticed that my two main accounts are totally gone. I had seven total. So all my good characters and their pets have vanished. It did break my heart when I logged into Origin and appeared inside my old Luna house, but got booted because it's not mine anymore of course. I have a month to decide what to do at least. I have tried free servers and even other games, but I really do miss the real UO. Nothing compares really. I guess I just need to decide if I want to stay on Origin, which seems very empty now, or transfer to another server. My daughter might go to Atlantic. I'm not sure why. We live in the Pacific Northwest so I thought Pacific made more sense. Any thoughts from anyone would be great. I'm not asking for handouts. It's just heartbreaking that all my stuff is gone and I have to start over. But at least I have skills, lol. Has anyone else had accounts that just disappeared too? I sent EA a message, but haven't gotten anything back, of course. My daughter thinks they got banned, but I didn't do anything that was against the rules. Heck, I wasn't even playing.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Unless we are talking 10+years no accounts got deleted. You should be able to get all info via email if you can still access that. Other than that appending _uo to your accounts should help you get them back.

Seraphienah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird. I tried linking the two missing accounts to my EA account and it says they're already linked to an EA account. But when I log into EA they're still the only two missing. I wonder if that means someone stole those accounts. And how? So someone out there is getting a lot of password change requests :mad:. So much has changed :eek: and I have only been gone a few years.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird. I tried linking the two missing accounts to my EA account and it says they're already linked to an EA account. But when I log into EA they're still the only two missing. I wonder if that means someone stole those accounts. And how? So someone out there is getting a lot of password change requests :mad:. So much has changed :eek: and I have only been gone a few years.
Perhaps they might be linked to the original email that was associated with those accounts?

I forgot the process, but if I remember correctly you log in under Master account with "accountname_UO"

Last edited: