• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

There's a person trying to give a trojan/virus thru ICQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Duke SP

if you would like more info ICQ or PM me. I can send screenshots. Be careful people.

Thread is on The White Coucil Forums.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the 8 by 8 macroer your running in your icq log screenshot an approved 3rd party application? just curious haven't played in a while.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL!!!

Someone is trying to send malware via ICQ, so we should jump on ICQ right away for details?

-Skylark

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be VERY Foolish to accept any file from anyone via icq.

EVEN Screenshots can be infected files.

S

Shakaja

1. hes not trying to send you a virus. he has a virus that sends messages to people on his icq list. instead of posting everywhere, it would have been nice if you warned him instead to run a virus check.

2. well done thoo, nice screenshot indeed :stretcher:

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. hes not trying to send you a virus. he has a virus that sends messages to people on his icq list. instead of posting everywhere, it would have been nice if you warned him instead to run a virus check.

QFT :scholar:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to disagree with you on the point about him sending you that link. I get the random message ALL THE TIME, it just pops in like some random person is talking to you....its in that same text, though there is never an actual link....But i get messages with that text quite frequently...that person you were dealing with has been around for years and is very reliable.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The individual in question has an excellent reputation in my eyes...I have dealt with him with no problems at all for a couple years now

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second what Kael has said. I've had a transaction with him for multi million gold and absolutely NO problems...

D

Duke SP

I did a website check on the whole thing he sent me it says its a trojan/virus.

And with the 8x8 macroer, it's for gaining skill. As you already know Revvo, since i got the program from SP!.

I did a virus check thru Spybot and nothing came up.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And with the 8x8 macroer, it's for gaining skill. As you already know Revvo, since i got the program from SP!.
No clue how you think i would know where you got anything, was just asking if it was an approved application is all.

S

STORMCROW22

The individual in question has an excellent reputation in my eyes...I have dealt with him with no problems at all for a couple years now

I too have had many dealings with said person and never anything bad happen.
I have also been recieveing these messages via ICQ from other countries but I just block then. Love, STONEY

O

Ole Cheapy

No clue how you think i would know where you got anything, was just asking if it was an approved application is all.
Because game recognize game, it takes one to know one, etc. etc.

IBTL.

D

Duke SP

From what i'm told no it's not a approved program but neither is the new UOautomap. So does that make it alright for viruses/trojans to come thru my ICQ now? Because from what i hear your reputation and who you was friends with on this server was not very well.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the message too. The string of symbols text is what you get when someone sends in cyrililc and you don't have the cyrillic alphabet installed. That coupled with a url with the domain .ru told me quite clearly that the message wasn't legit. I didn't follow the link, closed the message and deleted the contact on the assumption that his icq number had been hijacked.

This message could (and probably will) go to anyone on the same contact list. It should be ignored, and if anyone has an alternative method of contacting the legitimate owner of the number he should be alerted asap.

oh, btw, being a 'no-nothing' legit player, can someone let me know, without breaking RoC, what the hell use an 8 x 8 macroer is when 8 x 8 no longer works, and hasn't for quite some time?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what i'm told no it's not a approved program but neither is the new UOautomap. So does that make it alright for viruses/trojans to come thru my ICQ now? Because from what i hear your reputation and who you was friends with on this server was not very well.
You really are pushing the limits with all these accusations. Your hitting borderline paranoia now. I have dealt with Revvo MANY times in the past. To call his reputation into question is just silly.

Furthermore, macro programs are illegal and should not be discussed here.

D

Duke SP

You really are pushing the limits with all these accusations. Your hitting borderline paranoia now. I have dealt with Revvo MANY times in the past. To call his reputation into question is just silly.

Ole Cheapy care to comment on Revvo's use of game mechanics and his friends of the past?

Not too mention maybe read what revvo has said on these forums.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

PM sent.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh, btw, being a 'no-nothing' legit player, can someone let me know, without breaking RoC, what the hell use an 8 x 8 macroer is when 8 x 8 no longer works, and hasn't for quite some time?
It works on shards other than Siege. But more importantly, it allows your character to take actions without you pressing buttons. So even if you are not taking advantage of the 8x8 gain you still can repeat skills over and over.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ole Cheapy care to comment on Revvo's use of game mechanics and his friends of the past?

Not too mention maybe read what revvo has said on these forums.
You mis-read my post. I meant Revvo would not hack accounts or ICQ's. I didn't say he was an angel...

Sorry if that is not what you meant, thought you were saying he would do that kind of thing.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. Anti-macro code was removed across all shards.

As for the rest, I wouldn't know.
Ah, my bad. Haven't been on other shard in years.

8x8 method is not illegal. Its the program that you are using to do the 8x8 for you that is illegal.

That more clear?

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI many things will give you Trojan alerts. Anything that embeds itself in your computer is a Trojan to most programs. For instance, when you're on facebook and see people put stuff like

"CHECK OUT SUPER COOL MORPHING MOTORCYCLE NOW!" and a hyper link..

Most programs will call that a Trojan. It is more likely he has a malware(I think that's it?) that he got from clicking a link on a crappy website etc.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got 8x8 from SP!? Ya I call bull**** on that lol... Wow Duke that pretty much sums it all up you are def a returning player from aroudn the 8x8 era...

But to let you in a little secrect 8x8 no longer works in the past it did... And it was used on a boat and in the sea... You would move forward 8 tiles and get a gain every 8 tiles moved... But this no longer works... thats why people now work skills in there house etc...

I love how you said you got that from someone in SP! thats just to funny... When I hear someone mention that program the first thing that comes to my mind is Dinosaur....

D

Duke SP

You got 8x8 from SP!? Ya I call bull**** on that lol... Wow Duke that pretty much sums it all up you are def a returning player from aroudn the 8x8 era...

But to let you in a little secrect 8x8 no longer works in the past it did... And it was used on a boat and in the sea... You would move forward 8 tiles and get a gain every 8 tiles moved... But this no longer works... thats why people now work skills in there house etc...

I love how you said you got that from someone in SP! thats just to funny... When I hear someone mention that program the first thing that comes to my mind is Dinosaur....
You're a proven liar.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read them nothing there but a lot of people laughing at you for being dumb... And I mean really have you ever heard of someones ICQ being hacked? LP would not just send that **** to you... He is a good guy and his ICQ was hacked it's obvious...

I know you do not understand such things because you're Mr. Conspiracy....

D

Duke SP

I have read them nothing there but a lot of people laughing at you for being dumb... And I mean really have you ever heard of being someone ICQ being hacked? LP would not just send that **** to you... He is a good guy and his ICQ was hacked it's obvious...

I know you do not understand such things because you're Mr. Conspiracy....
Just like you was coming on these forums after i got scammed and a few others saying Diablo was doing good transactions, etc?

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell I dont remember ever making a post about Diablo doing anything good...

Now lets get back on the subject of you looking like an idiot, a fool, a moron, a person with no common sense, hell I could go on and on...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's time I put a stop to this.

Use a bit of common sense folks. If someone you know to be an English speaker sends you a message in Cyrillic and a Russian url, don't answer it and don't follow the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.