• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] there are something strange about training Stealing....

wongfae

Visitor
Normally, if you try to steal a 5 stone item at 50 skill, you should have a optimal chance for skill gain.
But for the EC, If you training stealing by using the "Target first item" in a macro, your skill gain will be ruined.
you will have to steal a 15 stone item instead to get an "optimal" chance.
By the time you get to 80+ you can hardly gain as you can steal any item that's more than 20 stone...
Just hope Dev,will notice this....

Attachments

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow... I never use the EC... Seems like a major bug to me. Wondering now what happens at 120 stealing. Can I steal 30 stone items 100% of the time?

Deathkhan

Visitor
Just stealing targeting my packhorse the gains stopped at 65.5 and I could steal up to 15 stone items. When I tried 16-17 the server said it was to heavy to be stolen. Now I have to find a way to steal specific items out of the pack horse for gains.

Deathkhan

Visitor
After more research i think this is working coRrectly. Since I was stealing blindly I was able to steal way heavier items compared trying to steal specific items.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh.... That changes things for sure. So your target is set on the packy, not the item?

Glad you figured it out, I'm not going to have time to test tonight.

wongfae

Visitor
For using that Macro setting "target the first item", here is how it work.
"target store" 1589175692710.png to packy, "used targeted item" 1589175641207.png to open the packy, "target first item" 1589175793621.png "Steal" 1589175864580.png which set to current target,
put 1sec between them, then you will see what i am saying.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stinky, yeah it was.
I set up a macro to target specific items and now it is working like normal.
I was a bit concerned because these calculations should all be happening server side so the client should have nothing to do with it, unless it is passing bad data to the server to make the calculation. I was thinking about it and really, the client shouldn't have to pass any data to make the calculation, so something would have been very wrong if it was true.

But yeah, blind stealing makes sense because the formula is different and it allows you to steal heavier stuff. The issue with it, and the reason I very rarely use it in the field, is that it doesn't take into consideration when things are blessed or insured, or simply cannot be stolen (looking at you ToT dyes.) With my luck, it'll pick a spellbook and I'll get dead for nothing.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I am training stealing now. Using EC.
Have 500 wood in the pack horse.
Using Steal-target stored on the macro. When packie is empty I press organizer button to return all the wood.
Now at 70 skill and have gains. Any ideas how to make it faster or better?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For stealing, the standard method is to use an item that is 1/10 the weight of your skill. For example, at 70 skill steal items that weigh 7 stones. At 80, 8 stone, and so on. The method isn't perfect but it will absolutely bring you to 120. I usually do it the same way you are, with a packy.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Stinky Pete how to make a macro in EC ?
Stopped gaining with my 500 boards at 80%.
Bought items from blacksmith. Cannot manage how to make working macro.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Stinky Pete how to make a macro in EC ?
I have never used EC, so I can't help you there, but the boards method you are using should work. Make sure you are targeting the item you are trying to steal directly and not the packy itself. When you target a mobile the formula changes making it easier to steal heavier things which negatively affects your gain chances.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hooray!
I found it on official forum!
Here is the link if somebody will need it!