• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Theoretically possible.... but?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow artificers!

I am currently working on a suit for a friend of mine, and this time we have decided to go the heartwood route. Not enhanced, Thunderz`list of the requirement and cost made us scrap that idea.

I have gauntlets, chest leggings and arms to work with. These four pieces together needs to give: 27 42 43 42 44 and every piece neds to have +10 DI. No imbue slot will go to resist, so I need that perfect roll :) It should be theoritically possible due to the high resist of the heartwood piece with 6 points to spare, but as I am finding out, the rng roll make this a difficult task indeed. The energy and cold on the heartwood is horribly low. So far I haven`t been able to roll one piece with energy over 8.

Can any of you that have worked more extensively with heartwood tell me if my goal is even within reach or should I start to look for a plan B.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let's see:

shooting for 27 42 43 42 44

5/3/2/3/2 + 2/3/2/7/2 =

7/6/4/10/4 plus exceptional bonuses.

Your problem is that 4 pieces will always have a MINIMUM of 28 physical resist. This means at least one of your "cushion" of 6 extra points will be in physical where you don't want it - and probably more, as 28 is the total with NONE of the exceptional bonus is in physical.

To get your target numbers, the 80 bonus points have to go
27 42 43 42 44 target
28/24/16/40/16 Minimums

-1/18/27/2/28 with 5 left over.

So, while theoretically possible, in practice it's not gonna happen without a few million armor pieces made, as it relies on TWO two specific resists averaging less than 1 per piece from the exceptional/Arms lore bonus on all 4 pieces.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, while theoretically possible, in practice it's not gonna happen without a few million armor pieces made, as it relies on TWO two specific resists averaging less than 1 per piece from the exceptional/Arms lore bonus on all 4 pieces.
Thanks Basara. You saved me loads of frustration there :)

Now onto plan B: I can use one slot on the ring for a + 7 resist, and/or perhaps go the imbue + enhance route on one piece. Only one piece shouldn`t cost me more than 30 - 40 Mil in materials... Ouchies.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The part that costs the most is the pof so if your not to bothered about having 255 and just select appropriate pieces with 80 durability then imbue them with max fire/cold/energy and 1 stat it will only cost you about 300k per piece, [and requiring about 40 to get one with DI] instead of nearly 1mill a piece would cost about 12mill. This way you could get like 16/20/19/16/19 +2 mods. Take that off what you need total you only need 12/22/25/28/25 across 3 pieces which would be easy.

Or the same as above but with 16/18/17/16/17 + 1 mod by making it from heartwood to begin with that way it'll only cost 1mill.

Or dont imbue to max so you'd end up with 16/19/18/16/18 +2mods and then enhance, this way they will only cost 100k per piece so about 4mill total. Take that off what you need total you only need 12/23/26/30/26 across 3 pieces which would be easy.

Or even cheeper imbue 2 below max 16/18/17/16/17 +2 mods and they will cost about 10k per so 400k total.

then factor back in the pof if you want them 255/255 its 300k plus per piece.

If you play about with the figures you could make all 4 pieces imbued then enanced with 4 stats and 1 resist imbued on each then the DI from enhancing for as little as 20mill for the whole suite.
If each piece only has say 79 durability thats still 6241 total, so if each piece lost 20 durability a day every day they would still last a whole year!!

So 20mill per suite per year is pretty good :) taking them to 255/255 means they will last...... wait for it.... 20 years!! So its not really that important to go mad with POF ;)

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you can see from this its quite easy and wouldnt cost much [10mill max] to make all 150 items then imbue then enhance. also 1 item wont have to be enhanced after imbuing it can be heartwood to start with.

You also wouldnt need them to be exactually like they are in there to start with as they will be over what you need so there is room for say only having 8 on the energy to start with.

Thunderz

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Thunderz, nifty suit builder there. My challenge however in this particular suit as I wrote in my first post: I don`t have a slot for resist imbue:(

After some more fiddling I went for Plan C, moved one + 10 DI over from armour to the ring, lowered one other mod slightly and made room for 1 resist imbue.

Moving the DI also opens up to work with barbed, making sure the lacking points vs heartwood ends up where I don`t need them anymore, as in PR and Poison. It`s still lacking a few points in one of the resists, but hopefully not earth shattering. We will see. It`s much cheaper to roll the lottery with barbed than it is with heartwood anyway, maybe I can squeeze in a few more points. And I got me some buffer in some other resists, going to try for a better piece in heartwood.

I`m saving your table for later use Thunderz. I really want to make one of those suits:) In this case we decided against it as not only would the pof cost, but the seeds and essence as well. The four mods I want to imbue on each piece were all needed to be maxed out. So perhaps not the suit I would want to try out the imbue/enhance with first...

Yeah - why everyone wants to pof up everything to 255 is beyond me. Chances are they have made changes to the suit before they even start to think about repairing it. These days I think 100ish is quite ok for pvm.