• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Theme Collecting

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hail fellow collectors!

Now as many of you know I dominantly collect old footwear, sewn by/made by and all of the strange tags that go with it. What I'm wanting to know is what other collectors stick to a certain theme? Sure I collect event items too but I'll always be an old footwear collector. Lineman has his paintings and Baron has his Orc Helms, what other themes do collectors stick to?

I would also like to know what items you have that go with your theme and what items you wish you could get a hold of that fit within it?

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the last two of my auctions, I have finally implemented my decision to go "shard-specific". This was an idea that I discussed with some of my museum-friends in the past, but could never fully accept the idea of selling my other items.

I'll most certainly still have an item, here or there, from another shard that'll I'll desire. But as far as an overall theme, it's going to be strictly "Catskills" for my place.

*wishes he still had Death Entry Token lantern he sold to Diablo*

S

shulginist

I was thinking about typing Manti has the theme of collecting everything I want but decided to not post it and during that time you said all lol.

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event shrouds and robes for me. I have other wearables as well, but I normally pick those up on a whim.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I thought we were friends Diablo........

:sad3:

K

[King_Fisher]

Just started this year, my pixel crack addiction revolves around Thieving items, and Fishing items. Its fun but since im new to the whole collecting hobby I tend to overpay and undersell. Oh well live and learn eh?
The current heart of my collection is my Thief bracelet.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I collect smith oriented items and fencer weapons.
rolleyes:

Ofcourse I have other items to but they are totally random.

If any of you collector have a poor lonely smith item or weapon that sobs,
Please let them go to a place where it can rest among friends.

Regards
The Scandinavian

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy collecting other rare collector's items... *winks*

Mainly any items that can be equippable and displayed on character. I like rare armor and weapons, lanterns, and some display items that have unique hues or graphics.

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Past Themes:
Rare Food
Rare Drinks
Napa Valley Event Items

I am currently trying to figure out a new theme for myself.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old xmas statues all names all directions and all colors :) also collect event statues with similar designs to the xmas statues as well. Aside from that I collected along time ago server ups to help design my other house but kinda stopped buying them due to all the look alike graphics that came out latter.

W

weezer

faction related items and faction EM items (sl, tb, etc.) and stuff from faction events.

P

PoCove

I like to collect bags ,boxes and pouches that have names on them

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The old xmas statues all names all directions and all colors :) also collect event statues with similar designs to the xmas statues as well. Aside from that I collected along time ago server ups to help design my other house but kinda stopped buying them due to all the look alike graphics that came out latter.
Haha yes, your collection is massive, your museum is the blueprint for any old statue collector, all the names you hear about but never see for sale.

S

shulginist

The statues that he sold a few rares fests ago was more impressive then most peoples personal statue collections.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My three main passions are...

Whispering Roses... either for sentimental reasons (the names of my children in rl) or that are more rp based such as from a pool of blood, from skara brae, etc.

Alcohol/Drinks... Getting more difficult to find places to display them so may have to trim or store the more seasonal ones like eggnog varieties. May not be worth the most, but I think my favorite is the "Single Malt Whiskey"... that cracked me up when I bought it many years ago.

"___of exceptional quality" / [exceptional] items... I only collect the full names on the EQ items. The [exceptional] items, I'm only interested in those without a maker's mark unless the maker's mark has a more rpish ring to it such as my "skinning knife made by The Guardian [exceptional]" or my "katana made by steel [exceptional]

F

Fraggles

i collect player written books i get at idocs. i have come across some very touching storys and poems, some that will bring tears to your eyes. im working on getting them displayed in my museum but i have to use leaves on them all first so they cant be wrote in.

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good Lord!

Athelas:

My buddy Seth has by far the most impressive rubble mushroom collection I've ever seen. (some came from me!)

He also has the very nice beginnings of a Rares Museum on Catskills!

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Athelas:

My buddy Seth has by far the most impressive rubble mushroom collection I've ever seen. (some came from me!)

He also has the very nice beginnings of a Rares Museum on Catskills!
My friend, Slickjack, is having a birthday today!

Happy Birthday, Lykor!

:cheerleader:

BlissMarie

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
o_O

the best thread wreckage I've ever seen !!!!

Thanks Bliss!!!

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ouch! 49?

Looks like you are getting some bad info from somewhere...

I'm gettin old, but I ain't THAT old yet!

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch! 49?

Looks like you are getting some bad info from somewhere...

I'm gettin old, but I ain't THAT old yet!

Getting "THAT" old ...
...is something I would rather not talk about anymore.

I hope your birthday was a good one! Today is Gareth's birthday and... Trinidaddy's is when? This week sometime.

So, you think I made good wreckage? I felt it was important to.

Thank you for not punishing me, Athelas. =) I'll stop now.

Theme collecting? I was a vet dye tub collector. I recently dropped them in and around Luna. All 800+ of them. Time to collect something new!

BlissMarie

B

Baron_

I Love My Orc Helms, And Any Neat Event Item Mask Or Headwear For That Matter! So If Any One Would Like To Make a Pretty Penny Sell Me Some Event Item Head Gear And Orc Helms!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I Love My Orc Helms, And Any Neat Event Item Mask Or Headwear For That Matter! So If Any One Would Like To Make a Pretty Penny Sell Me Some Event Item Head Gear And Orc Helms!
Could you list the helms you currently have in your possession?

I'd also like to hear what Lineman's current painting collection consists of.

B

Baron_

Orc Helms:

Orcish Captain Helm

A Cursed Orc Helm [Dress At Your Own Risk] (once u equip it will get stuck
on ur head for one hour before u can remove it)

A Dark Orc Helm

An Orcish Engineer Helm

An Orcish Helm Stained With Blood

Rotting Minotaur Helm

A Shrunken Ettin's Head Fashioned Into A Helmet

A Shrunken Ettin's Skull Helmet Splattered With Orcish Warpaint

An Orc Helm Covered In An Unknown Substance

Meraktus The Tormented's Head

Other Helms:

Chu-Yzu The Eater's Daemonic Fetish Mask

Master Assasin's Mask.

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i collect player written books i get at idocs. i have come across some very touching storys and poems, some that will bring tears to your eyes. im working on getting them displayed in my museum but i have to use leaves on them all first so they cant be wrote in.
Rob has a library full of player written books. If you're interested in seeing them or obtaining copies, let me know. =)