• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Zyronic Claw

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does this spawn anymore? I have never seen one in or stolen one from Doom. I was told it spawns in the Gary Gygax room instead of where it used to.

To be safe I still check both spots. Zilch. I did steal the Titan's Hammer but as of yet no Z-Claw as I call it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Still snatched quickly by folks for some reason... so hard to snag.
I was thinking the same thing a few months back when running through Doom (not seeing any artifacts); like "hmm people actually still steal these even though they haven't been a usable weapon in at least 10 years". I guess they are more of a bucket list item to steal and showcase.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Probably a grand scheme to control the market on semi rare junk ...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still collect the daily rares sometimes lol

never could find the hey though

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got one in an idoc so dont have to worry about stealing one.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was thinking the same thing a few months back when running through Doom (not seeing any artifacts); like "hmm people actually still steal these even though they haven't been a usable weapon in at least 10 years". I guess they are more of a bucket list item to steal and showcase.
I hear ya.

I mean when I was playing around the clock I would make stealing runs just to do something different and trash them for turn in points. Can't see someone wasting a lot of time to try and snag this one though... not when you can probably get one off of vs on the cheap.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The really good items are scripted. There will be those that will chime saying no, they just know the times and log in and wait..bs..they're scripted. Camp the really good items, not that there are any these days, but camp it when you think you know when it will spawn, and watch and see. The best way to check for sure, is find an older item that spawned a long time ago that's in your possession. Go to the location where it spawn, use tracking and verify that someone is hidden in the immediate area, drop the item on the ground, wait a few seconds and then pick it back up again. If a player reveals and tried to steal it, he/she is a script user. Then you can either report them or move on and forget about that item, You won't beat a scripter. If you're trying for the ruined painting, which imo is the only thing worth stealing these days, then do what I said, get tracking on a character and use a gold skull and go to doom and track around the area. If no one shows up, log off and come back later. Keep doing this for a week or so, I believe the painting spawns every 4 months, so that person on your shard will be hard to track down. But if they scripted it the last time then they know when it will spawn again within a few days of the last one. That's why they're so hard to get, and that's why you wont beat them. I was able to steal a Claw a few months back out of pure luck. Scripters can write a simple program that will search for the item, walk over to it once it spawns, steal it, cast invis, walk a few feet away, then hide, done. And you can't beat it, the script finds the item at server speed so if your computer is slow they can see it, steal it and hide before you ever saw it. This is a real thing and has been for years/decades, unless they have a crappy pc and you have a really good one.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not saying you are wrong on the scripting but hard to think something like the titan hammer or claw is scripted when it's basically outdated/useless in every fashion except for decoration because that means someone has to use that account basically 23 hours a day for at least a few days (in the event they know the last spawn date) for an item that is currently 1 million GP currently on ATL. That person would be better off scripting mining because they can easily making over 1m in a day of mining rather than several days of waiting for a doom arty to spawn.

I get the painting is likely scripted because of how often it spawns so the price is worth it but something that will only fetch a few million is hardly worth scripting for DAYS when there are tons of other things that could be scripted to make more money in much less time.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know about script but back when these items were worth a lot more. I knew a quite a few players that camped those items. They knew about when they spawn, log in check, log out. (They could have had a script too)

Like Kevin2002 said seem silly for items that fetches less than 10mil to be scripted or camped.