• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "We lub Petra" Babble Thread! BABBLE THREAD [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kiminality

My kettle's white...

Hideous, white plastic kettle of sprinkling-boiling-water-everywhere-but-where-you-want-it.
Like, my bare feet...

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, but at least it does in fact boil the water...the feet thing just requires the judicious use of wellies.

Afternoon/evening all :)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all.

Just had the pleasure of draining the radiators, which is always fun (especially as I had to repair the trap door into the loft first).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
g'morning Expecting the youngest to visit today, not sure when he'll arrive so I don't want to start anything I can't abandon in the middle.

K

Kiminality

Ordered curry last night.
Standard fare, including plain naan, and poppadoms.

So...
The cat's mooching around, looking for something to do, when I break off a bit of poppadom.
She then perks up, and trots over all gleefully, like I've just opened a gateway to the land of unlimited meaty treats.
I turn her away from my food, naturally, at the same time my partner breaks off a piece of poppadom in the other room. Off she scampers, with her head full of glee, and I remember something.

There was no mistake on her part.
When she was younger, she used to love poppadom, when we ordered curry. Several years ago.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone remember being asked to write "what I did in my holidays" when they were at junior school?

Here is my version:

1) Went pony-trekking with my sister and her kids. Everybody got wet through to their underwear.

2) Went coasteering with the above, and the Bunnis Minor. Everybody got wet.

3) Went on an expedition to watch the seals at Worms' Head. More soggy boxers.

4) Family cycling followed by a pub lunch. Asked to eat luch in the beer-garden as we were too wet to be allowed in the pub restaurant.

5) Canoeing, (in the rain). Wet.

6) My sister having major diabetic hypo, which was possibly the most frightening thing I have ever witnessed. (At least I didn't get wet.)

7) Jumping into a lake for the amusement of others. Extreme dampness.

Now, just in case you're thinking that I have exaggerated the moistness of my fortnights holiday... I have been off work since 2nd August, and it has rained EVERY BLOODY DAY.

*books holiday in the middle of the Sahara for next year*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Youngest came, youngest went. I now have working microphone and have logged in to connector for the first time. Only trouble was I then had to persuade someone in irc to log in and talk to me so I could find out if/how it worked.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*stops doing the rain dance*

Afternoon all.

Sounds like a fun, if slightly damp week Fluffi :)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all.

Just had the wonderful news, my nephews managed to kill his PC...(well maybe not kill, but it's not booting).
Going on past experience I expect the fun of a new hard drive and windows install (it sounds like a drive issue, and the drive is about 4-5 years old).
Joy.

Anyone doing anything exciting today?

I

Ithilkir

*stumbles back from the wilderness*

Gazooks!!

Been a while since I managed to get onto these forums I tell you... Hmmm, need to mess around to get a nice dark skin for the forums again *mutters and wanders off to the control panel*

*waves to all*

\o

- OB

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra,

Where do the Europans lurk in Stratics Chat?

After delighting all the Stratics OT 'merkins with my delightful lilting accent, it's probably time to confuse all the Europans who expect me to say "there's lovely boyo" and sing Men Of Harlech. :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno Fluffi. I had to get someone from irc to log in to connector just so I could find out if it was working. No one in OT, no one in ultima-online. :(

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*spots OB lurking*

*reels him in through the Revolving Door*

Got another one.......:thumbsup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you only got him as far as the boards, I don't think he's made it into UO as yet.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't just stand there.....help me nail him to the floor.....

*hammers*

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*fires up the compressor*

Should I use the 2 inch or 3 inch nails?

*PHOOSHTHWACK*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ducks*

Watch where you're pointing that thing.....................:bored:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry, i'm sure Petra has some earings on her vendor that can cover the hole in your ear nicely.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*PHOOSHTHWACK*

Damn, missed he closed the door. ;)

Hello Helbrass

Afternoon all :)

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning everyone..
Back from hols and its still raining here...dampness abounds.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all.

Got to practice my fencing today, the old man wants to repair the back fence :p

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nailgun should come in handy then.................:D

*passes coffee to Petra*

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If only, it's a wire fence :p (should be handy for the new shed though :evilgrin: )

Jammy dodger anyone?

*leaves a plate on the side*

C

Coppelia

Helloes here :)

I recently discovered Amy MacDonald. Really nice songs!

U

ultima online

ewwww eewwwww ewwwwwwwwwww i just posted in uhall :/ i need a hose down... i feel dirty.... :stretcher:

oh and ibt MORNING! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.