• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Time Has Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck and thanks for all the hard work.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nobodies left on the own accord... shame ... its downsizing for the game.. simples

loved petra... lots of advice and help.. and patience with me.. no doubt

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nobodies left on the own accord... shame ... its downsizing for the game.. simples

With respect, this is nonsensical.
If there's one word I'd use to describe Petra, aside from "old", it's "honest".
If Petra had been pushed out, she wouldn't have come in here and said that she'd left of her own accord, which she did.

As you say, you loved Petra.
The people who volunteered to work on UO Stratics under Petra's leadership felt similarly, and so her resignation has resulted in several people reconsidering volunteering for Stratics, because their primary motivation is no longer there.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With respect, this is nonsensical.
If there's one word I'd use to describe Petra, aside from "old", it's "honest".
If Petra had been pushed out, she wouldn't have come in here and said that she'd left of her own accord, which she did.

As you say, you loved Petra.
The people who volunteered to work on UO Stratics under Petra's leadership felt similarly, and so her resignation has resulted in several people reconsidering volunteering for Stratics, because their primary motivation is no longer there.
[whatever]..sorry i see a shift... and i see it because numbers are getting lower.... prob less than 8-10,000 tops... and thats realy tops.. subs...over 27 shards ..... nothing to do with stratics but its based on people playing..... sorry thats my view not yours

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I'm backing up Cirno on this, also please remember that UO Stratics is not part of Broadsword. If they downsized the game it wouldn't effect Stratics Staff at all. Those who left will be very much missed, I promise you. Everyone of us views each other as our Stratics Family, not associates, not peers, but Family. With that said everyone that has decided to exit, has to my knowledge done so on their own for their own reasons. What those reasons are I cannot tell you, as I do not know.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm backing up Cirno on this, also please remember that UO Stratics is not part of Broadsword. If they downsized the game it wouldn't effect Stratics Staff at all. Those who left will be very much missed, I promise you. Everyone of us views each other as our Stratics Family, not associates, not peers, but Family. With that said everyone that has decided to exit, has to my knowledge done so on their own for their own reasons. What those reasons are I cannot tell you, as I do not know.
[whatever]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it my view i guess.. nobody elses.. i just see a shift... and i think .. others may too

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[whatever]..sorry i see a shift... and i see it because numbers are getting lower.... prob less than 8-10,000 tops... and thats realy tops.. subs...over 27 shards ..... nothing to do with stratics but its based on people playing..... sorry thats my view not yours
UO did not pay for her services. Stratics is a forum that handles many games. There have been many staff members that no longer work or volunteer here. Just as posters come and go.

She is leaving and will be missed.

Good Luck petra!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there's one word I'd use to describe Petra, aside from "old"
Lol I hope you are friends with her, otherwise that was rude as ****.

Thanks for the fun Petra, it was mildly entertaining to be on that side of the fence once.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, to address the conspiracy theorists, did I jump or was I pushed? I jumped.
Well, hobbled. I'm getting old you know.
Yes, Riply, I'll be on Europa - or sometimes Drachs, or maybe Siege, but certainly in Sosaria somewhere.
Will I post? I don't know. How long do you think I can hold out before I live up to my 'special' post count title?
Please make it Siege sometimes. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*rubs hands together*...... Hum.... well now... With Petra out of the picture..... hum.....

*Prepares to go head to head with Flutter for most likes on the forums*.....

Well... this could be interesting!!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the changes Stratics wasn't able to afford all that free volunteer work anymore. So Stratics down sized.

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am devastated! Petra was the backbone of these forums. Not only does she know the game better than most, but she was always reasonable and thoughtful when dealing with the many ruffians in these parts.

I fear we have a case of, "a new manager arrives and wants to show he/she can make big changes." How many times have we had our favorite foods or products become, "new and improved" and they then forever suck. 7-up comes to mind, but I digress.

Petra, I look forward to seeing you in the game and it truly boggles my mind that you are leaving Stratics. Somebody needs to beg her back... she's the life force and one of the few reasons I still lurk here... (roar)

BTW, New Stratics, nice typo on the quicky Post Migration Technical Issues, "...we're experiences a few technical issues..." I also found the Hello Kitty presentation adding insult to injury for Taylor who is still shown on the facebook site holding his Hello Kitty coffee cup while going through the last data/server migration. (Enraged weeping ensues)

- Blaeke/Delilah the MAD/Ionya of Siege Perilous

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am devastated! Petra was the backbone of these forums. Not only does she know the game better than most, but she was always reasonable and thoughtful when dealing with the many ruffians in these parts.

I fear we have a case of, "a new manager arrives and wants to show he/she can make big changes." How many times have we had our favorite foods or products become, "new and improved" and they then forever suck. 7-up comes to mind, but I digress.

Petra, I look forward to seeing you in the game and it truly boggles my mind that you are leaving Stratics. Somebody needs to beg her back... she's the life force and one of the few reasons I still lurk here... (roar)

BTW, New Stratics, nice typo on the quicky Post Migration Technical Issues, "...we're experiences a few technical issues..." I also found the Hello Kitty presentation adding insult to injury for Taylor who is still shown on the facebook site holding his Hello Kitty coffee cup while going through the last data/server migration. (Enraged weeping ensues)

- Blaeke/Delilah the MAD/Ionya of Siege Perilous
I told a friend or two, with all the new hosts and constant shifting around, Stratics has reminded me of some people I know, moving every few months cause they won't pay the rent :p

With the time and energy and knowledge all these quitting have put into these forums and stratics.com, the new broom shouldnt have swept clean, but rather, done whatever was necessary to keep a good crew together.

But what do I know....*shrugs*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh dear, the conspiracy theorists are having a field day!
Stratics has been around for close to 17 years. I only drove the bus for 5 of them. There were others before me. You remember how sad everyone was when Crazy Joe left? There'll be others after me.
Volunteers can be replaced, that includes me.
UO is going no where - at least I hope not because that is where I'm spending my time now.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics has been around for close to 17 years. I only drove the bus for 5 of them. There were others before me. You remember how sad everyone was when Crazy Joe left? There'll be others after me.
UO is going no where - at least I hope not because that is where I'm spending my time now.
People love drama :popcorn: :)

But let that not take away the fact that you will be missed here on the boards. See you in game!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics won't be the same without you Petra, thanks for being a great boss!

Wenchy

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hugs Petra* Well years upon years ago once upon a time, someone on these here Stratics forums even asked me to be ...a moderator once upon a time long time ago. GASP !! I said I myself try to behave on these forums but ....um I raised all my kids, my job babysitting and child rearing is done, and to some degree trying to moderate any forums' posters, let alone all else one may do hope to do on any forum beyond the regular duties even, and you sure did a lot, conspiracy theorists abound but ....sometimes folks just gotta say ok I did that long enough years of my life, so tis time to move on with the rest of my life !!! ENJOY IT PETRA you are a free woman, to do whatever ya like wherever however for the rest of your rl life now... so go have some fun !! :) BREATHE...yes you know I got to slap a Pink Floyd song at you...hugs from this old lady to you, and best wishes Petra with wherever ye may go whatever you choose to do with your life, now ! Although without you here, I am not sure whom will keep that young whippersnapper Kelmo in line without you, oh wait ima not seeing moderator on his ID either ...hrmm ! *is confused*

Last edited:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A shame your leaving :( Hope your visiting us here sometimes and if its only to say hello or to get some cookies. :woman:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your 'Designated Driver' is handing the 'bus' over to someone else.
Farewell all, and best wishes for the future.

See you in Sosaria.

This is a departure as a Stratics' Moderator that I am sad to see Petra. I always appreciated your great work in updating many of the guides on Stratics as well as creating new ones which were missing. Not only that, I appreciated your Moderating the Forums and the being helpfull to answer questions from players needing help and I could go on.

Thank you very much and wishes for the best of luck !

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are not dead, goblin...

Nonetheless, as a Stratics poster from a while back it is a change in Moderators at least for the UO section of Stratics (which is the one I pretty much hang around the most...) so vast that I cannot help wondering how it will affect my future use of Stratics UO Forums as well as the Stratics resources like Guides etc. to help through the playing of Ultima Online, its changes and updates....
Time will tell, obviously, but I was used to these Moderators and their regulating the posting on Forums, I will need to get used to the new Moderators and the new "taking care" of Stratics UO Guides etc.....

As I said, we'll see, time will tell....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd love to see Petra back,and not just her, also all of the other Moderators who have left since the change.....

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of the staff that resigned recently had a long run and a good one at that. Over the years there have been dozens of mods, admins and reporters that have come and gone. Myself included. On the surface it seems there are no hard feelings and almost all of them have made it clear they're still going to be playing UO which means inevitably they'll be posting here right along side us.

On a brighter note. It will be nice to have a fresh batch of mods and admins that haven't issued me a warning yet. :twak:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My theory is this..
New loot = no time to moderate nubs on stratics :)

DONT FORGET TO SEE THE SMILY IN THE END !!!!!11!!!one

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All of the staff that resigned recently had a long run and a good one at that. Over the years there have been dozens of mods, admins and reporters that have come and gone. Myself included. On the surface it seems there are no hard feelings and almost all of them have made it clear they're still going to be playing UO which means inevitably they'll be posting here right along side us.

On a brighter note. It will be nice to have a fresh batch of mods and admins that haven't issued me a warning yet. :twak:
Too bad for now you're stuck with us.. None of us are really "New" we've been around just not all of us have been on UHall.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Taking advantage of the RTB free time, the shame!!!!!!!!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Listen @Petra Fyde if you want to tell them it's all my fault they might believe that more. I cannot believe the amount of conspiracies I have heard since you have taken your leave. I guess it's par for the course. I know you had a relaxing week while the forums were down! You actually got a taste of what it's like to PLAY UO more for yourself than for any reason having to do with Stratics. May your Stratics retirement be a lesson on relaxation and time spent with Terry just having fun!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And were done here. Folks, feel free to send Petra a PM and say hello from time to time.

Petra, I do hope you will look over my shoulder from time to time. Your advice is invaluable and your reasoning it top grade. Never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.