• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The TGIF Thread

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy Friday! :danceb:
If you like Friday, let's talk about it here!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I HATE Fridays at work. Non stop stress, and today was even worse yet. But I love getting outta there and not having to go back for 3 days! \o/ So yay Friday!

T

toontownhappy

During the school year I LONG for Fridays...no dealing with kids in lunch detention for a full 2 days!
:D

L

Little Sadie

I love Fridays! I get to play TT all day tomorrow. LOL!

G

Granjell

I like Fridays, mostly for Monk and Psyche episodes. Now I like Thursdays a little more, because of Burn Notice.

I watch a little tv when the kids hog the computer....

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's fun? LOTS o' stuff. Lessee...

Getting off of work where I am FINALLY nearing the end of an application conversion project from one programming language to another after 2 months of work, and no vacations until its done. :rant2:

Wishing I could call in a full airstrike on my neighborhood to ensure I nail the neighbor who left an anonymous note on my porch complaining about my back yard that is too rough to mow with a lawnmower and thus needs to be cut with a weedeater, which I will only do once a month. They can buzz off. :gun:

Other than that, I'm good. :D

G

Granjell

Someone complained about your BACK yard? Talk about nit picking....

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Next time post a sign on the door. Sorry I was called away on urgent ToonTOwn Business and will not be mowing my lawn again until I Max my Cashbot suit. Thank you for understanding. Have a toonieday. Bite me!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TGIF! :bowdown:

A long weekend at that. Tomorrow starts with the early Saturday morning trip to the gym. Then I'm heading out to the Poconos to the Mohegan Sun-Pocono Downs for a little afternoon gambling. They finally completed the expansion, so I gotta go check it out. I haven't gambled in almost two months, so I got money burning a whole in my pocket. Actually I just cashed out at ChaCha tonight, so they will be taking most of the burden..:lick: Saturday Night I'm probably going to VLOG about my gambling adventure and then about my vacation last week. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long one. Sunday I get a haircut. Monday is Labor Day picnic fun and then hitting the Wing Buffet at the local tavern at night. Tuesday and Wednesday are vacation bum days. Soo what's fun on your end?

F

Flippers

This was the last early Friday. We get to leave at 3pm between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Usually my brain shuts off at about 2pm with "nothing to see here!" lol

Yesterday of course EVERBODY in the company had that. And the trains home were crowded enough that you knew the city had it as well. LOL

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually my brain shuts off at about 2pm with "nothing to see here!" lol
That was me yesterday totally! I wasn't going to start another project and leave it sit, so I had to make it look like I was still working on the one I was finishing so I could turn it in like 5 minutes before 5pm. Nothing to see here..*whistles*

H

Holocog

What's fun? LOTS o' stuff. Lessee...

Getting off of work where I am FINALLY nearing the end of an application conversion project from one programming language to another after 2 months of work, and no vacations until its done. :rant2:

Wishing I could call in a full airstrike on my neighborhood to ensure I nail the neighbor who left an anonymous note on my porch complaining about my back yard that is too rough to mow with a lawnmower and thus needs to be cut with a weedeater, which I will only do once a month. They can buzz off. :gun:

Other than that, I'm good. :D
I went to visit my grndmas friends house, and the NEIGHBOR ACROSS THE STREET will walk in the house, uninvited!

I love fridays lol. I dont have to deal with people for 2 more days:lick:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YO!

Got a football game tonight, Saturday I hang out with the kid and watch 80s movies (hey SHE wants to do it) and Sunday Got a band thing out of town.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
80's movies. My favorite is Goonies!
It's a rainy weekend here it looks like. I went to Staples to get an extension cable for my parents monitor so they can watch things on the LCD TV. I confused them, but I said I would make it work. I also got stuck with my dad's friends Dell that has a virus and I'm to wipe it clean and start over. He wants to pay me too, so hey I can do that. Then I'm off to ChaCha. The rest of the weekend is WIDE open. I'm waiting to see if IKE does anything with the gas prices. I filled up with $3.55 a gallon. FOX News says that it could double or triple if the worst happens. FREAK, that's a lot. Anyone in the path stay safe!

M

MsStathamSim

I missed this yesterday, but DANG was I glad it was Friday! I just started Level II of my 3-level LPN program on Monday. We were warned that Level II is much more intense than Level I, but they didn't say 'you will all despair of ever understanding any of the subject material, you will have to-be-turned-in homework assignments every day (as opposed to once a week), and you will be expected to have memorized most of the 250 medications you learned about last term.' My brain hurts!
So anyway, we have class in the morning only on Friday and SSP (Student Success Program, where you can practice in the lab and get one-on-one tutoring with the instructors) in the afternoon, so I went and had lunch with my Grama. Then I went home and slept until supper time. :sleep2:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TGIF in 90 Minutes...:cheerleader:
This week is taking FOREVER!
It'll be all better sooon...

L

Little Sadie

Whohoo Elga! Get to go gambling. Lucky you! Good luck! I can't wait til Friday because I am going Christmas shopping. LOL!

M

MsStathamSim

Oh yeah, TGIF!!! This week at school has been brutal. Clinicals Monday and Tuesday (plus voting), Musculoskeletal test Wednesday, Respiratory test Thursday, and Genitourinary final exam today. I'm in horrible pain due to my spastic colon, but I'm still very very glad it's Friday! No school tomorrow means I can take my GOOD pain meds tonight! :stretcher:

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhhh, Friday. Whee! It's about time. My work week has been a mess. Looking forward to a couple days of freedom. Plus, it's my nephew's birthday party tommorrow so that'll be fun. He turns 1 today. :D

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Rock On to the TGIF! Today went well. I spent about 3 hours of my day trying to tell one of our builders that you can't use the space above the attached garage as live able space. If you know anything about construction they were using a 7/12 roof pitch on the garage. You have like 5' to your collar tie. Unless you are a little person, you're not having a party up there. Then they understand and I eventually upsell them to a 12/12, which is much more spacious. I still didn't get a definite though, but hey whatever, it's your house! So that was at like 2pm. I grabbed an easy ranch order, which on a regular day I could make last about 6 hours, which I cranked out in under an hour and 45 minutes instead. I could have left it sit till Tuesday, but my boss would get cranky. So now I don't have to feel bad about taking off on Monday. I went to Wal-Mart to get some things and some $2.39 gas, which is the cheapest it's been here yet. Later I gotta get on ChaCha and make $12 so I can cash out at $100 this week. Tomorrow I also have a nephew's birthday party to attend, what a coincidence Mountain Man, except mine is turning 12. Later tomorrow I gotta hit the mall for some new shoe's, I paid like $30 for them last year and it's time. Then I'm hitting up the ATM and taking out $200 from my ChaCha account to take with me Sunday. Hmmm, that will probably do it for Saturday. Sunday I'm heading out to Mount Airy around Noon. The second wheel took a friend's shift where she works, so she won't be joining me. I'll have all the fun myself then, pfft! It's about a 2 hour drive, which will get me there before the 2:30pm opening of the dinner buffet. That buffet rocks. I'll then have 90 minutes to eat as much food as I can. Then I'm going to check into the hotel and move in for the day. I then go down to the gaming floor for some gambling action. Stopping short of 7pmish I'm going to try to make the beanfest, if the connection is good. I gotta see the Amazing Race at 8pm. I might do the VP and CFO. After 9 I plan to head back down for some more gambling and then get more food. Then I'm gonna be a bum. I'm going to take lots of pictures of the expensive pad, which I'll post in the other thread. It's going to be an interesting week to say the least! Happy TGIF and weekend to all..:beer: