• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Syndicate Mission

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the deal to increase activity we'll be expanding UP's range of character inclusion and goals. The Syndicates goals will be to Purge humanity of plagues, curses, and abominations, which will involve a lot of role play prejudice. To clear this up the syndicate does not like Vampires, Lycans, and other ex-humans. I expect all members to act mature and kept prejudice clearly Roleplay, there is no place for real hate in UP and I don't want to see people blurring IC with OOC as it leads to problems.

The Syndicate will work in crime, politics, and other covers which is why the pirates will be involved and be the main force seen which will leave a lot of room for back action and plots.

We will become the "Bad Guys" of Catskills, some of us will gather hate while others will just appear a bit shady, and as opposed to earlier "evil" guilds like the Shadowclan and Und our mission is very identifiable with public and will allow us to walk among the "Good Guys" without always having to start a fight.

This plan requires a high level of maturity and respect from all players involved and from the people we will be working against so I'd like input from guild members and others about there opinions, of course I'll value guild members opinions more as those are the people who will be playing this out.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for the record.

Shadowclan had a mission which was EXTREMELY identifiable to the public at large.

Shiniez! Cidur! KLOMPEN!!!

Though I didn't spend much time with the orcs, it was, perhaps, the second greatest group I've played with in UO.

Anyhow, you can count on my support (OOC), FWIW, so long as we stay pirate-ish.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for the record.

Shadowclan had a mission which was EXTREMELY identifiable to the public at large.

Shiniez! Cidur! KLOMPEN!!!

Though I didn't spend much time with the orcs, it was, perhaps, the second greatest group I've played with in UO.

Anyhow, you can count on my support (OOC), FWIW, so long as we stay pirate-ish.
Identifiable, as in with humans.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UP leadership has been transferred to you, so you're good to go. You have my support if you need it.

I personally think that what made UP fun and special was its specific pirate character. It was what distinguished us from all the other landlubber or evil guilds. Just like Shadow Clan, as Aneirin pointed out.

But I also admit that the guild activity was very poor during the past months. I guess that this was due to player inactivity in the whole RP scene and on Catskills in general, but maybe I am wrong. I think trying out something new might be worth an attempt, and if it helps bringing back people into the RP community then you should do it.

I for one will remain a stinkin' pirate scum forever, no matter where this guild is heading.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UP leadership has been transferred to you, so you're good to go. You have my support if you need it.

I personally think that what made UP fun and special was its specific pirate character. It was what distinguished us from all the other landlubber or evil guilds. Just like Shadow Clan, as Aneirin pointed out.

But I also admit that the guild activity was very poor during the past months. I guess that this was due to player inactivity in the whole RP scene and on Catskills in general, but maybe I am wrong. I think trying out something new might be worth an attempt, and if it helps bringing back people into the RP community then you should do it.

I for one will remain a stinkin' pirate scum forever, no matter where this guild is heading.
Well Pirates will still be the main people I'm just giving them a goal other than money booze and wenches, a goal that can be identified as good but considering the community will be seen as bad and the way we'll go about it wont be by being nice.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Scarst,

what's new? Are you progressing?
I am not I can't seem to see a pattern of when I can find pirates on and I was really hoping to get them working together not just bringing in some people to cause trouble as I could do but it would be meaningless. I've also found out that the OvC thing has cost UP High Lights with most of yew which is troublesome, as they would be useful to cause trouble that wouldn't have to end in a fight which is something Catskills is lacking. As it stands now Catskills situations either 1.) always end with a fight or 2.) things get dismissed and nothing ever happens. Both of those are problematic and not helpful to the community or UP which is what I'm trying to focus on.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of Yew.

And it cost us highlights with other groups which may have created productive interaction as well.

But I've never had your problem with Catskills RP. When I do get in touch with most roleplayers (which is rare, especially now that I'm not on Cats much these days), we rarely fight and usually have a productive outcome to our encounter.

And you don't need highlights to play with folk either.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda suggest you change the name... Syndicate is the most narcissistic guild on Atlantic, and either a running joke, or just plain hated by many players for many reasons. I just wouldnt want people to get turned off just because of your name.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda suggest you change the name... Syndicate is the most narcissistic guild on Atlantic, and either a running joke, or just plain hated by many players for many reasons. I just wouldn't want people to get turned off just because of your name.
The name of the guild is United Pirates, when I say syndicate I meant something of a crime syndicate, running within the pirates to try to bring new life, I actually realized this and hoped people that saw the thread wouldn't assume it was the actual guild I do thank you though for bringing it to my attention.

UP has and always will focus on pirates and causing IC trouble.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not I can't seem to see a pattern of when I can find pirates on and I was really hoping to get them working together not just bringing in some people to cause trouble as I could do but it would be meaningless. I've also found out that the OvC thing has cost UP High Lights with most of yew which is troublesome, as they would be useful to cause trouble that wouldn't have to end in a fight which is something Catskills is lacking. As it stands now Catskills situations either 1.) always end with a fight or 2.) things get dismissed and nothing ever happens. Both of those are problematic and not helpful to the community or UP which is what I'm trying to focus on.
Well, since you are the guild master now it is your responsibility to solve this. :D
I'm not kidding. Be creative and do something about it or nothing will change.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, since you are the guild master now it is your responsibility to solve this. :D
I'm not kidding. Be creative and do something about it or nothing will change.
I'm trying haha, but it's hard when I can't find the other pirates haha.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying haha, but it's hard when I can't find the other pirates haha.
If you depend on a bunch of rather inactive players, nothing will happen. Inactive players have reasons for their inactivity, and there's nothing you can change about that. To my opinion, in order to proceed you have to recruit new players who feel inspired by your ideas and who are willing to contribute. The old crew members will probably tag along if they have time and like what you're doing.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unsolicited advice:

Throw events. Advertise. Recruit people with your mindset or who will support you. Document all of your activities.

Right now, the most active pirates, apart from yourself, play only a couple hours a week... if that.

In conclusion. I agree with Pike.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole reason I even suggested letting me take over for a short period t was in hopes current members could learn to recruit haha. I'll figure it out and either way by the end of february i'll most likely hand it back no matter what the outcome

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scarst (Rotep right?), in my opinion you need to think on a broader scale. Catskills has a very low population in general (let alone RP interested folks)... so first and foremost we need to get folks that have interst in RP to Catskills, whatever type of RP they are into.

As a GM, Pandy does this very well, you should talk to her some about joint recruiting efforts. She posts on UHall, on other shard forums like the White Stagg Inn, and even logs into other shards to recruit over to Catskills. She even holds public RP events, I heard she had a "spat" using Adam's wife's character and Adam's character to do it right smack in the middle of Luna. We got 2 folks interested in learning about us from that, whether they join or not we do not yet know but they are interested. Surely, some people (the pvpers probably) will mock us etc. but we can't let that deter us. I know some folks find that "cheesy" or maybe its "too much work", but that's what needs to be done.

Seek out the new guy that Pandy recruited over, Hunter's Moon (from the thread on UHall). He seemed to be interested in becoming a pirate! Is a Captain of a small crew "in character".

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scarst (Rotep right?), in my opinion you need to think on a broader scale. Catskills has a very low population in general (let alone RP interested folks)... so first and foremost we need to get folks that have interst in RP to Catskills, whatever type of RP they are into.

As a GM, Pandy does this very well, you should talk to her some about joint recruiting efforts. She posts on UHall, on other shard forums like the White Stagg Inn, and even logs into other shards to recruit over to Catskills. She even holds public RP events, I heard she had a "spat" using Adam's wife's character and Adam's character to do it right smack in the middle of Luna. We got 2 folks interested in learning about us from that, whether they join or not we do not yet know but they are interested. Surely, some people (the pvpers probably) will mock us etc. but we can't let that deter us. I know some folks find that "cheesy" or maybe its "too much work", but that's what needs to be done.

Seek out the new guy that Pandy recruited over, Hunter's Moon (from the thread on UHall). He seemed to be interested in becoming a pirate! Is a Captain of a small crew "in character".
First, Yes I'm Rotep too. Second, I'm well aware of cross shard recruiting, and am not comfortable recruiting into a currently inactive guild. which is why my main plan was to gather remaining pirates and try to teach them how to run the place themselves. that includes teaching them when to try and recruit and when to not.

Unfortunately, my schedule is really packed this weekend until thursday, mostly with reading.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rotep, let me know what I can do to help your efforts along. As a person that has always enjoyed seeing the pirates act like pirates, I would be open to most ideas you might put forth.

Like many of the Catskills RPers, I tend to go absent for spurts to deal with real life issues. But my commitment to the shard and our RP remains as strong as ever.

Have your folks contact mine, and we will do lunch.