• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Stratics Corp.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics actually had a corp in the past, but it looks like the person managing it as CEO went AWOL some time ago.

I will try to get it up and running again, alternatively create a new corp for Stratics members.

The intention is actually not just to have a corp, but to utilize the medal function in the corp to reward event promoters with something officially shiny.

What are your thoughts about this?

A

astonix

Is there a Stratics corp up and running? I'm interested in running one and using it as a staging hub for competitions and giveaways.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Is there a Stratics corp up and running? I'm interested in running one and using it as a staging hub for competitions and giveaways.
I actually had the same idea, before RL took over, haha.

Lets connect on skype. Perhaps I can set something up for you and Stratics ;)

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Finally petitioned it, needed to train up a few skills before I could hehe

W

Welbourn

If this idea takes off I 'may' be in. I really like my current corp, big issue is - not many US players in it.

I would be looking forward to helping build industry with a Nul-Sec Empire objective.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Right now its just a 2-man corp and thats without me being CEO.

Its not that Im not familiar with running a corp, I've done so in the past on several occasions and I'd consider them all to be successfull. Its just that I know the amount of time it takes for it to be successfull and I'd rather not spend those hours on a project like that again hehe.

That being said, there is no reason why we couldn't make it a WH dweller corp with casual players from Stratics. For a null-impact corp, you'd be looking at alot more dedication from the members.

Possibly as Astonix mentioned, a staging ground for giveaways and competitions - something that will generate traffic and interest to the portal.

W

Welbourn

From what I have read (I have not got anywhere near deep enough in to the game to be able to say for sure) It seems the biggest obstacle to null sec domination is player activity, you need to keep active players, military and industrial, on hand to prevent loss of the system.

i guess making a corp successful is the hardest part of all though, getting over the first 30 player hurdle seems to be the biggest problem many corps have.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Recruiting players is work and requires a different mindset than just playing the game.

What many do is to forget about recruiting once the corp is formed because theyre busy farming ISK instead of opening their eyes to the posibilities that are available.

Last time I did a dedicated recruiting effort I doubled the playerbase over a 3 month period while removing half due to inactivity. Having a healthy and actively recruiting corporation will draw in more players.

O

OliverWhitham

Let me know if you guys would be interested in an alliance, new corp to new corp! You can find us under the name Ex Infernus :) This corp is also based out of northern Europe by the way!

We are fairly industrial/PvE orientated at the moment, and will be trying to find a little WH space to call our own in the near future :)