• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sixth Aion Closed Beta Event-Friday, August 14, 2009

M

Mystikal GIL

Hey bud

I wonder, can we play with the same account we did the first 5 beta sessions?

thanks

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you added the closed beta key to that specific account, you should have access to all the closed betas. I was able to play in all the closed betas with the same account that I added the beta code/key to, so it should be fine. I'm drooling as I can't wait to get my Aion fix on. :danceb:

M

Mystikal GIL

hrmpf, I guess that's what I did. Was only playing with one account the whole time. :dunce:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right on! My only problem is when the game goes live, I'm still undecided among three classes: Templar, Sorcerer, and Priest. I'm going with the Elyos faction because it seems like everyone and their in-bred cousin is going Asmodian. That's just more dark meat for me to take out and be happy! :danceb:

M

Mystikal GIL

I feel like everybody going Elyos, so I'm going Asmo.

I'm playing with my 2 brothers. We wanna try some new template combos this weekend.

Probably trying Templar, cleric and chanter. That should be hard to kill.
And another combo we were discussing was 2 rangers and 1 assasin.

Oh hell, can't wait :thumbsup:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Templar, Cleric, Chanter would definitely be a hard team to kill. In a long, drawn out fight, I can see that combination lasting, but just be careful because I don't see anyone in that mix that can do nice spike damage. Then again, your CC would be nice as well. When in doubt, go "/assist"!

Two rangers and one assassin would definitely be a nice party mix. Amazing spike damage, element of surprise, long/short range versatility. If you're just going for Abyss Points, I can see that party racking up quite a bit before someone on the other side takes notice.

I'm undecided on what guild/legion to join, but I do know that NCSoft has made a BUNDLE this past quarter. I believe the profit margin for NCsoft Quarter 2 is over 400% (HOLY COW!), if I remember the article correctly. Strong profit means consistent updates as well as more resources allocated to the game, and I'm all for that.

I got the collector's edition for the hell of it, but I'm glad I did. From what I understand, it's been sold out or constantly selling out in North America as well as Europe. Good luck, and have fun out there! :thumbsup:

T

Thaqui

Lag was absolutely horrible for me, until I found a proxy work-around. Looks like they've found there was a routing issue with one of their ISPs... fingers crossed that they'll get it fixed before release.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what other folks have said as well with the lag issues, but I'm really glad that the problem has been identified (and hopefully resolved). I didn't notice any lag on my end, but like you said, I'm hoping the problem will be resolved. There's still open beta which I'm really looking forward to! *drools* One thing that I've noticed is that NCsoft has been on top of problems pertaining to Aion.

Now the problem is what class I should roll when it goes open beta. I loved all the closed betas, and I've tried all the classes; I know I'm barely scratching the surface in terms of customizing the various characters with manastones/godstones/etc. I hope we get patch 1.5 when it goes open beta, and hey look, my hands are starting to shake due to lack of Aion. D'OH! :wall:

M

Mystikal GIL

Seems I been missing out on info. Is there going to be any more beta weekends you say and when is the game going live?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The closed beta that we were in, from August 14 to August 17, was the sixth and final closed beta. NCsoft is now shooting for an open beta, but as of yet, I have yet to hear an official announcement on that date. Some sites and folks are saying that the open beta will be scheduled on September 4, 2009; however, I do not know if it's true. Speaking for myself, I just log onto the splash screen of Aion and stare at it hoping it will magically get me into the authentication servers. Sad but true. :wall: