• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sims 3 Gains Online Features

• Thread starter Monkeybear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Monkeybear

I thought this was pretty interesting, as a former TSO player. The next The Sims 3 expansion will have online features.

One of the new features we’re excited about in The Sims 3 Showtime is the capability of in-game messaging, so that you can communicate with your Simmer friends while you’re playing. If you prefer not to have this connected experience, then it’s easy enough to turn off this messaging.

SimPort is another major new connected feature introduced in Showtime. This allows players the ability to send their star Sim performers on tour to perform special shows in their friends’ towns. You can also invite your friends to send their Sims to perform for you. You can customize the stage in your venue with special themed backgrounds, props, lights and special effects before your friend’s Sim arrives to make sure their performance is a hit with the other Sims who live in your town.
Details on the Social Features of The Sims 3 Showtime | Simprograms

I can only hope this is a clue that The Sims 4 will indeed be online.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Welcome back? Sort of... maybe?

M

Monkeybear

The feature will surely get me playing The Sims 3 again rather than the original series which I still love the most.

R

rieley

Thanks Monkeybear, this is the reason I keep checking back on these forums.

Think they'll have cream bear suits this time?

Willow

M

Monkeybear

Thanks Monkeybear, this is the reason I keep checking back on these forums.

Think they'll have cream bear suits this time?

Willow
Haha if only! Luckily I can be a cream bear in World of Warcraft and I didn't even need to put up a fight!