• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Shadow Imperium (Freeborn Press Archives)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Shadow Imperium was an evil-aligned roleplaying guild founded by Emperor Azalin Lore and Empress Cymidei Fier.

(Further Description Coming Soon.)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golem At Large
by Brenstar
January 8, 2001

A group of black garbed soldiers cautiously approached the great marbled throne of the Emperor. Their leader swiftly fell to one knee. "Your highness we are here."

Azalin slowly lifted his gaze, his glowing green eyes searching the faces of the soldiers. Azalin clenched his black and green silk robes and rose slowly to his feet. "Excellent..." He replied "I have an urgent task to lay before you. "As you might know, I have constructed a golem. A magickal construct which was to be my prototype for an army of soulless soldiers. During the final phase of my experimentation. The insane mage, Lord Mordock caused a fire at my laboratory. The resulting fire caused the golem to become warped and twisted beyond control. Now the magicks that were used to create it, sustain it no matter what damage is done to it. It has the ability to regenerate and to cause chaos throughout my lands. I order you to defeat it and to bring me the soulstone that generates its power. When I am presented with the soul stone...you shall be rewarded."

The hunt begins 1/13/2000 at the center of the Hedge Maze (Trammel)
More information about the quest and the Emperor's armies can be found at

www.shadowimperium.com

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kidnapped by the Shadow Imperium!
by Nobody
January 8, 2001

Opal patted Sparrow, her pet ostard � a gift from Wraith, on the head as he strove to keep the pace she set through the forest. She was headed to the Golden Brew to see if she might relax a bit and watch the play the Golden Players were presenting.

"I promise, you can rest as soon as we are there...at least for a while," she urged the winded ostard, it's strides covering less distance then usual.

They arrived at the Golden Globe and Opal reigned Sparrow in. She tied him off in front of the Brew and, trying to stay unnoticed, made her way to the roof to see the play. The voice she had been hearing was still there, trying to persuade her to relinquish the remains to the Dark Tower.

The play was cancelled for the moment, due to some technical difficulties, so Opal went down to retrieve Sparrow. She mounted up, hoping to escape notice...but that did not happen. As she wheeled Sparrow around she saw a familiar face and nearly fell off of her mount. It was Kray.

She spoke to him, confiding in him what had been happening. And suddenly there was a commotion. Mrrshan, who had been at her side since hearing of her situation, was suddenly standing in front of her, brandishing his bardiche as if guarding her from something. She looked in the direction he was facing. The crowd was parting for a man dressed in black, wearing a single green sash. The Dread Lord Beldock.

At his approach, even Sparrow took a few steps backward.

"Give me the remains, Opal."

"I cannot."

"You will die if you do not relinquish them to the Dark Tower. The undead will hunt you until they have them, or you are dead. I ask you to give them to me... as man who once loved you. I rarely ask in public; I am asking you now in front of all these people, please."

Her cheeks flushed slightly at his words, and the world spun. All she could think was 'It's all a dream, let it all be a dream'. And at once her senses came back to her, all her memories and her thoughts were clear. No voice invaded her mind, and her purpose stood clear.

She leaned forward on Sparrow, and looked into Beldocks eyes.

"If you had ever really known me, you would know I cannot do what you ask," she said quietly.

"Very well. I wish you safety in your travels. Kal Ort Por." And he was gone. Sometime in the commotion, Kray had suggested she give the remains to Beldock, and had then disappeared. Wraith stood there. She was thankful there was a friendly face in the crowd. Even Mrrshan was exuding a hate so strong the scar on her hand throbbed slightly.

A cold sensation washed over the crowd as another being in black approached the area where she was standing. Azalin the Lich, of the Shadow Imperium. He was inquiring what was happening in her area. One of his subjects, Vladamir Threep, approached her.

"If you would, I should like to speak to you in private. Come."

The commotion in the crowd was making Sparrow nervous and Opal was feeling rather uncomfortable. So she followed into the gate he opened. As did Mrrshan.

They went inside the house and Vlad offered to help Opal in her endeavours to keep the remains of Na-Krul from those who would misuse them. After a time, she was allowed to leave. Mrrshan, however was ordered to guard her as he would Vlad. Something Opal found very odd, as Vlad was undead and served a lich. She went back to the Golden Brew, Mrsshan by her side, alert.

When they arrived, Mrrshan turned to scan the forest. Opal took this moment, and spurred Sparrow off into the forest. She heard Mrrshan curse behind her and Sparrow sprinted further and further away, leaving him behind. She needed time alone, too much was happening.

As she was finishing off a reaper, who was terrorizing some local homes, Mrrshan approached � But something was wrong, his eyes were hollow. As the reaper fell, she felt a blow to the back of her head, caused by the haft of the bardiche in Mrrshan's hands.

When she awoke, it was to cold water being thrown in her face. Mrrshan was holding her arms. Azalin the Lich stood on one side of her, and the Lady Cymidei, formerly of the Temple of Athala stood on her other. They were searching through her bags. Her mind screamed, "No!" But to her relief, they could not open all of them. The voice reassured her that these creatures would not find the remains.

Cymidei smiled reassuringly at her and stroked her cheek with one hand. Mrrshan released her and headed off down the stairs of the tower they were now standing on. Cymidei firmly grabbed one of her arms.

She spoke of destroying Na-Krul's remains upon the Shrine of Spirtuality with the righteous fires that sprang from it. The voice, always present, kept distracting her from what the Lady was saying. Finally Azalin handed an amulet to Cymidei. She offered it to Opal, saying it would protect her from spiritual energies. The moment she took the amulet, the voice fell silent in her mind. And the Lady Cymidei released her.

Her mind was clouded with confusion and emotion from the happenings of the eve, and she fled to the one spot she considered safe in the world...her patch of flowers. She sat there for many hours, not a sound disturbing her, when she heard the steps of a mounted rider approaching. It was Mrrshan. She picked up her staff and fell into a defensive position.

They had an exchange and he ran off. She ran after him. The ring upon his hand was no longer gold, but black. She tried to get him to be rid of it, but as he tried to fling it into the ocean his eyes went hollow again. He refused. Now she knew there was something the matter. He wore the pin of the Shadow Imperium. Not knowing what else to do, she looked at the amulet Cymidei had given her. Taking it in her hand, she flung it at him.

"Return that to your... lord and lady." She said as she wheeled Sparrow around and whispered the words that would take her to one of the places she felt safe.​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiberius captured by the Imperial Inquisition
by Brenstar
January 12, 2001

Tiberius was summoned by Emperor Azalin the Lich and Empress Cymidei Fier, to answer for his teachings on the virtues. Before leaving his Temple, Tiberius was blessed by a mysterious Elven priest. When he arrived at the tower, Vladmir Threep brought Tiberius before the Empress. After a brief debate, the Empress became angry at the famous philosopher and placed a powerful geise upon him so that he could not leave Fier Tower until he and his knights could answer five diabolical riddles on the meaning of Evil. The Tiberian Knights responded quickly to aid Tiberius. Lead by Midian, Sir Ishop, Sir Vega, and Sir Grandmystic strived to free Tiberius from the yoke of Cymidei's sorcery. The Emperor and Tiberius debated for quite some time while the Knights carefully examined the riddles. Mandy, the Master of Arms, challenged Sir Ishop to duel Calvin II. Unfortunately, a murderous villain interfered with the completion of the duel. However, because Tiberius and his knights were able to complete the challenges put to them, Cymidei had no choice but to free the philosopher from the geise. As the spell was broken...night fell and the tower groaned with mysterious voices and ominous sounds...as if the dark deities themselves protested his release.

See Enemies and Quests www.shadowimperium.com

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golems Sighted in Skara Brae
by Thellaren
March 22, 2001

I was at the bank last night minding my own business when I saw a pair of Golems walk up to me. One seemed to be examining me...while the other was "searching for a new target". A few moments later the golems spotted a wild pack horse. They began screetching "exterminate!" and they killed the horse with their halberds.

A few other citizens of Skara Brae looked on with a mixture of shock and uneasy laughter. A few followed the golems out of town...watching to see what they would do next.

One can only wonder....Is Azalin the Lich involved in this?

The Shadow Imperium​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Golem Patrols Southern Border
by Hazard [EiC]
April 6, 2001

While making it's regular patrols in the Skara Brae area, The Golem was ordered by Azalin to patrol south near Destard. Upon reaching the Destard Outpost cries of help were heard from a prisoner. The Golem reacted swiftly, slaying brigands and creatures that would jeopardize the safety of the citizens of the Imperium.

After the battle, The Golem walked up to the victim and shattered the chains on his wrists. Emperor Azalin stated, "Let this serve as proof to those who would doubt me that the people of Skara Brae can expect just and benevolent rule from the Shadow Imperium."​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emperor Azalin Visits Fairhaven Village
by Nobody
April 11, 2001

At the invitation of Mayor Silkon, Emperor Azalin visited Fairhaven village, accompanied with his lady Cymidei Fier. After exchanging pleasantries and tales Cymidei challenged Mayor Silkon to produce a champion from the village to duel the Golem.

After a close match the Golem was defeated by Nethin's Bard,the Fairhaven Village Champion. Emperor Azalin summoned a soldier of the Imperium, Queen of Chaos to duel the bard. The second match was a draw. Swamp Fox challenged Queen of Chaos to a final duel. After a few minutes Queen of Chaos emerged victorious. All enjoyed the event!​

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imperial Anniversary Regata
by Nobody
May 3, 2001

*A messenger arrives with an elegant scroll*

Imperial Invitation

Ye are cordially invited to join Emperor Azalin Lore and Lady Cymidei Fier in celebration of their First Anniversary.

May 6th, at 6 Pm PST at the Golden Brew. Counselor Mystic shall preside over the ceremony. Feasting, hunting and merriment to follow.

Events:

The Great Sea Hunt - Fifty nets will be thrown into the sea causing all manner of krakens, sea serpents and water elementals to arise from the depths. All treasure will be given to the guests!

Boat Decorating Contest - Creatively embellish your vessel with flair and ye may be the lucky winner of a 50,000 dollar purse!

The Great Yacht Race - The first ship and crew to sail from Lore Island to Vesper shall receive 100,000 gold.

Sincerely,
Emperor Azalin Lore,
http://www.shadowimperium.com

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imperial Anniversary Regata Success!
by Nobody
May 7, 2001

After the wedding, the guests searched the countryside in search of hidden ale bottles and Messages in Bottles. Next we launched our ships and tossed dozens of nets into the sea, causing krakens, deep-sea serpents, water elementals and sea-serpents to spawn! It was a lively hunt with lots of loot! Fortunately there were no casualties!

Finally we set sail from Lore Island to the Docks of Vesper. There were three crews; Captain Shard's Pink Pirates, Trekkon's Crown of the Sea, and Midian's Brothers of the Sea. Trekkon's ship landed first in Vesper claiming the 100,000 gold prize! The other crews each received 25,000. Everyone had a grand time! Thanks for coming!

Sincerely,
Lady Cymidei Fier
Lord Azalin Lore
The Shadow Imperium​

Status
Not open for further replies.