• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The sense of entitlement some players have is ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having said that, I tend to accept getting pk'd philosophically, but rezkills annoy me a bit. I usually give up and leave if that's the way it's going to be.
The days I most fondly remember are those when the raiders have rezed us and then stayed to help us work the spawn and share the rewards equally. - mostly those were folk on mine or my hubby's icq lists though who killed us for a laugh :D
I am not a fan of res killing, which in days long past was done for no reason but to display nonexistent superiority. It is necessary because of insurance, however, and remember that Sacrifice restores items still on a corpse.

A couple of days ago I came across an old killshot. Someone had cheap-shotted me in a dungeon while I was fighting monsters. I ran off to a quiet corner and ressed myself, surprised he hadn't yet taken my bandages and potions. It was no problem to go back and kill the chump.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately Richards idea caused the Guildmaster and other ranking members of the KoC guild to crash the entire shard server every time their red died. This caused a 8 - 15 hour shard revert so their character wouldn't take stat loss thus being a deterrent for blues to fight back when they showed up.
KOC and the old days on Chessy. The game was so freaking awesome back then. KoC was my first official guild. I escaped their mass ban because I left when they started doing crap to the server. I am a wolf who loved/loves killing sheep..but I was not a butt-nugget when it came to that level of assertion. I am almost ashamed to willingly say that I barely remember any of them after all the years (straining my brain to remember even one right now). But then again..I am definetly not a youngun' at this point and forgetting things is ok :)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oie not the Fel vs Tram argument again. OK lets look at this from a business perspective (as EA is clearly a business and not a non-for profit).

If we remove power scrolls from Felucca or eliminate Felucca altogether then some number of players will be "happy" and some number of players will leave the game.
If we do not change Felucca then people will complain about Felucca and continue to be "unhappy" but no one will leave. IF you say you are leaving because of Felucca I do not believe you are being truthful with yourself. Felucca has been here since the beginning so to use that as your reason is clearly invalid. You may leave the game but it certainly isn't because of Felucca.

So the net result is eliminating Felucca or power scrolls in Felucca will reduce EA's revenue. Therefor from a purely business standpoint it does not make sense to remove and is here to stay.

Can we please not have this argument, again.

Now, I would love to see people spawn more and not feel like "sheep". For that I offer a solution which can be seen here.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oie not the Fel vs Tram argument again. OK lets look at this from a business perspective (as EA is clearly a business and not a non-for profit).

If we remove power scrolls from Felucca or eliminate Felucca altogether then some number of players will be "happy" and some number of players will leave the game.
If we do not change Felucca then people will complain about Felucca and continue to be "unhappy" but no one will leave. IF you say you are leaving because of Felucca I do not believe you are being truthful with yourself. Felucca has been here since the beginning so to use that as your reason is clearly invalid. You may leave the game but it certainly isn't because of Felucca.

So the net result is eliminating Felucca or power scrolls in Felucca will reduce EA's revenue. Therefor from a purely business standpoint it does not make sense to remove and is here to stay.

Can we please not have this argument, again.

Now, I would love to see people spawn more and not feel like "sheep". For that I offer a solution which can be seen here.
Reading this made me want one of those halloween masks you hold in your hand to change you into something......I want one that will turn me into a sheep. Then I go to fel stand in a guard zone and say Baa!!!!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God this game is so full on whiny "explicits" ..stay in tram if you don't want to die..my god! Or grow a pair fight back and keep learning tactics till you can finally kill the guy that's attacking you..and if that doesn't work go back to safe little tram "farm" some medusas..get your 150m slither and stop crying about not having the opportunity to have been lucky enough to have acquired an oh so valuable 18m 120 Magery..damn noobs!!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God this game is so full on whiny "explicits" ..stay in tram if you don't want to die..my god! Or grow a pair fight back and keep learning tactics till you can finally kill the guy that's attacking you..and if that doesn't work go back to safe little tram "farm" some medusas..get your 150m slither and stop crying about not having the opportunity to have been lucky enough to have acquired an oh so valuable 18m 120 Magery..damn noobs!!
This. It takes all of a week to make a dexxer who can and should win 50% of every 1v1 fight you get into with no matter who the other guy is, it might take a few months to learn what keys to hit and when but there is no reason not to come back and attempt to kill the "PK".

Casters sure take longer, a different set of skills to master and is a over all harder temp to use but even then you should be able to fight with that but there is no reason a "farmer" doesn't have a second char to use. Only a lazy person would do that and you deserve to lose the spawn.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I hate PK'ing and the PvP nature of Fel... if you go over there and spawn, you get what is coming to you.

Period.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A nerd raging tramell player/spawner get this much attention?
They got to be rare then :D

I think everybody in this thread and probably the tramell player in post #1 know what the rules are in fell

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF you don't like being killed learn to fight back. You can make a blue necro mage for example that can do despise quickly and still pvp. If someone is coming on a template that has no fire power it is their own problem.

Also the reason people want classic shards have nothing to do with sheep. If you didn't play back then you don't understand how it was different yet still fun. If it was all about wanting sheep than there wouldn't be shards from that era that are doing well.

Lastly why is it a problem that fel has one thing that anyone can go to IE reds blues grey. Where as tram has many that ONLY blues can go to and benefit from. Doom, Medusa, Night Eyes ect ect. On top of the fact that blues already have it good with being able to x heal anywhere, res anywhere (not having to find a red healer-which btw all should be red healers), they get virtues which have huge benefits. The deck is stacked in blues favors, so if you go to fel learn team play and practice pvp or stop crying, you have it good in every aspect. Even training pets and skills. To complain about 1 area with risk vs reward when blues get so much more is laughable.

I'm glad all these people are crying about fel, you aren't missed there. The only reason pvpers are slowing leaving is because each patch gets worse and worse from the devs, it has nothing to do with sheep/wolf. It's the Devs killing this game, not the players by killing other players.

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I never claimed to be a pvper im a pk
2. This is Fel
3. Im not harrasing him hes harrasing me for my playstyle
4. Wether the shard is dead or not doesnt matter
5. He was doing despise- the most risky dungeon of them all

He wouldnt give it up either. He claims im in the wrong and that he deserves to be able to spawn there.
Any thoughts?
Best OP I've read in a long time. As long as you aren't excluding anything, like any smack talk you might have said ;P, yeah, you're totally in the clear in my book.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll side with the victim. :violin:

If PVP and PKing was so popular then why is this game so damn empty? Why is Felucca dead as a door nail?

I'm all for putting powerscrolls in Trammel so players like myself and the guy who's game time your wasting never have to step foot in Felucca.

What would be even better was to have one facet and 1 toggle (on a timer with great duration which is essentially the idea behind factions and Chaos/Order but borked) whether you want to PvP or not.

I have stacked characters on multiple shards simply because I want to be left alone to spawn in peace.

The time for farming powerscrolls is long over...thankgod but it's still a fun experience for those who haven't had the chance to do so.

But yeah working a spawn and then getting raided is not idea of a good time by any means. One of the dumbest things ever in UO was to give Felucca and PvPer a monopoly on powerscrolls which made them millions and perhaps billions over the years.

It's still fun to run a spawn every now and then but I'm also happy that UO is flooded with powerscrolls and there is very little reason for anyone to travel to Felucca who doesn't want to.

Enjoy your empty Felucca folks!:thumbup:
1) Do you need me to explain what the word multi means darling? Pretty sure we are all playing an MMORPG

2) You have economic issues with powerscrolls now also? To go along with your vet reward economic issues? Hrmmmm

3) We ofc do enjoy our Fellucca and have been doing so since way befiore you even started playing. Thanks!

4) You have made it quite clear that you hate the cc and overall graphics, the entire economy, Fellucca, and other players on your screen in general.
Why the hell do you pay $13 a month to play then?

*shakes head*

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4) You have made it quite clear that you hate the cc and overall graphics, the entire economy, Fellucca, and other players on your screen in general.
Why the hell do you pay $13 a month to play then?

*shakes head*
You've got to wonder if he's just playing troll and actually doesn't even play. :rolleyes:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PvPer is a PKer by his own words. A PKer is someone who favors destruction and anarchy and kills for amusement. The 'farmer' is trying to go through life and get things done without conflict and is repeatedly getting attacked. It does get old. I had that problem 10 years back in Fel trying to Mine and Lumberjack and finally began striking back by driving off or killing the attacker if I could to discourage further attacks. Didn't do much good, attacks still came play session after play session. The PKers insisted back then they had every right to ruin other players fun all they wanted, it's fel and their fun was the most important thing. Finally the PKers found they had driven nearly everyone out of fel and had it all to themselves which made them complain so much the Devs started trying to bait tram players into fel to keep the Pkers entertained enough they wouldn't quit. And so fel is pretty much a ghost town, actually probably not even worth keeping open other than housing space. The Dev's could just open up Malas to Keeps and Castles, move the fel housing there en mass, and just turn fel off. With so few people actually playing fel, even if half left, it probably wouldn't really be noticeable other than in these forums where we would get rants of how hundreds of millions of players have left, and hundreds of millions more would be leaving, that UO was now going to all be a ghost town because of losing fel and would be shut down soon. Actually we might lose enough anti-social griefer types to improve play enough to have others return and see the size of the player base increase.
Must we all be reminded once more that there are just as many non-fellucca, non pvpers that are griefing every day?

It happens on every facet of every shard bud. Whether it is pvm monster luring or house/loot stealing idoccers or supposedly reputable trammy traders stealing deals and undercutting at the Luna bank.

If I find an idoc first and camp it for hours in Trammel is it right that you can come by for the first time a minute after it falls and scoop up loot? That is gentlemanly and ok by your rules I guess? You would do that to a good friend or family member?

Or if I am trying to buy an item in genchat and me and the seller agree on a price for a done deal its then ok for someone else to swoop in and offer more because I was getting it too low? Thats all cool? Even though the seller already said yes and told me to bag the gold?

Funny how only certain disreputable behavior seems to bother most people lol

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must we all be reminded once more that there are just as many non-fellucca, non pvpers that are griefing every day?

It happens on every facet of every shard bud. Whether it is pvm monster luring or house/loot stealing idoccers or supposedly reputable trammy traders stealing deals and undercutting at the Luna bank.

If I find an idoc first and camp it for hours in Trammel is it right that you can come by for the first time a minute after it falls and scoop up loot? That is gentlemanly and ok by your rules I guess? You would do that to a good friend or family member?

Or if I am trying to buy an item in genchat and me and the seller agree on a price for a done deal its then ok for someone else to swoop in and offer more because I was getting it too low? Thats all cool? Even though the seller already said yes and told me to bag the gold?

Funny how only certain disreputable behavior seems to bother most people lol
A griefer is a griefer fel or tram as nothing to do with it. Only one differance is fel you can kill the griefer tram you can't. when I get tried of killing players in fel, I go grief players in tram is more like what goes on. I'm a jekell & hyde player nice on one char mean on another char

Last edited:

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel, Ishnar, Tokuno, Malas, Ter Mur, The vast majority of Stygian Abyss. Nothing but consentual non worldlike rulesets in general have been the norm for every addition to UO since 1999 (T2A was the last fel based expansion. Instanced corpses, houses you cant even set foot on the steps of, non friendly fire area effects, item insurance, not being able to cast fields in peoples houses, forged pardons, easy to play(overpowered) templates/skills for Trammies to play. Bonded pets that are simply logged off to avoid skill penalties, the outright destruction of the thief class, the modern rule invulnerabilty macro known as hiding/stealth. Auto loot by clicking ones corpse, ressing with half life and all items, help stuck, bonded beetles that can be recalled with. Im sure im forgetting more lands other Trammified rules that have been put into fel but if I were to list them all it would take me all day.

I find it amazing that The Trammys are are using the OPs original post to come out of the woodwork to cry even more about the injustices of being pked if THEY CHOOSE to go to the small area of the game they arent absolutely safe in. The more that EA or whatever boneheaded company is in charge of UO,caters to Trammys. The more Trammys want and will cry over. Get over it all you Trammel crybabies. The game has been made safe and easy for you. In fact belly flips have been made to cater to you. There is absolutely no reason to get all bent out of shape anymore, you will only get pked if you choose to go to a place you can be pked. You can get your powerscrolls in Trammel. Just go farm something else in Trammel and then buy,barter, and sell. If you do want to farm in Fel, then fine. Either get raided, be fortunate and not get raided, or learn to fight when you do get raided. Take scrolls out of Fel and you remove what wealth remains to be gotten in Fel. Do that and you force the few full time Fel players left to do what your crying about(but are in no way forced to do) and that is to play in a ruleset they dont like.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A griefer is a griefer fel or tram as nothing to do with it. Only one differance is fel you can kill the griefer tram you can't. when I get tried of killing players in fel, I go grief players in tram is more like what goes on. I'm a jekell & hyde player nice on one char mean on another char
It's interesting to see how people treat you when they don't know it's you.
What's even more interesting is when they treat you poorly.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take scrolls out of Fel and you remove what wealth remains to be gotten in Fel.

You would have nearly the same monsters to go after in Fel as people have in Tram have. You apparently have Khaldun and a better Despise than Tram has from what I've read in these forums. You'd have the same ability to make gold as we have in Tram.

If scrolls were shifted to Tram it would be no big loss for Fel, most powerscrolls now are dirt cheap compared to what they were when Fel players got to sell them. Fel players got millions for 120 powerscrolls from Trammies. If we got Fel's powerscrolls in Tram now, we'd make a few hundred thousand on each. You guys got castles full of million gold checks selling those scrolls, we might be able to fill a couple of 10x10 shacks with million gold checks.

Admit it, all your really worried about is that less Trammies would come to fell. :rolleyes:

Do that and you force the few full time Fel players left to do what your crying about(but are in no way forced to do) and that is to play in a ruleset they dont like.
Oh poor baby, so the few would be forced to do what some of the many have had to do for years. Go play a ruleset they don't like. Oh that's so cruel & heartless when it's you having to do it instead of us having to do it. Gosh... I feel so horribly guilty... :sad3:

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you forgot all the things tram has always had. Doom with ornys ect, then every new thing like slithers and such...

You really have no argument. Also no one ever stopped anyone from going to fel learning team work and standing up to others. I guess it's easier to cry and pout than try to out play someone else to get the scrolls. As the saying goes to the victor goes the spoils.

It works both ways, pvpers had to go to tram for everything else also, playing rule sets they didn't want to. You don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would have nearly the same monsters to go after in Fel as people have in Tram have. You apparently have Khaldun and a better Despise than Tram has from what I've read in these forums. You'd have the same ability to make gold as we have in Tram.

If scrolls were shifted to Tram it would be no big loss for Fel, most powerscrolls now are dirt cheap compared to what they were when Fel players got to sell them. Fel players got millions for 120 powerscrolls from Trammies. If we got Fel's powerscrolls in Tram now, we'd make a few hundred thousand on each. You guys got castles full of million gold checks selling those scrolls, we might be able to fill a couple of 10x10 shacks with million gold checks.

Admit it, all your really worried about is that less Trammies would come to fell. :rolleyes:

Oh poor baby, so the few would be forced to do what some of the many have had to do for years. Go play a ruleset they don't like. Oh that's so cruel & heartless when it's you having to do it instead of us having to do it. Gosh... I feel so horribly guilty... :sad3:
What makes you think that myself or any other fellucca player wants Trammies like yourself in our land? We do not ofc but obviously it makes you feel better to think that we want you there. Why is that? We are not just pvpers bud. We are players that learned long ago how much more fun the game is when there is the genuine excitement of surviving against another player and not just a ridiculously predictable and grindingly easy monster. A Trammy like yourself would be even more boring then killing one of your silly monsters. No thanks to that.

You seriously dont get it. The devs have never created fel-based incentives so that we can waste time killing helpless players. They created the incentives in the hopes that one or two of you would maybe nut up and learn how to really enjoy the game.
Whether you choose to or not is no big concern of mine so keep your sad "Trammies would come to fell" nonsense comment to yourself maybe next time? You seriously would not be worth the 8 seconds it took me to kill you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.