• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The SCT: Straight up what the crap

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So apparently there's this giant eyesore of a house One. Single. Tile. from the Serpent's Cross Tavern now.

I recognize that since most of the stuff in and around the SCT was GM-placed before lockdowns existed it frequently screws up the rules that govern what is and what isn't a legal house placement in the near vicinity, and thus this house was most likely made possible with no need for l33t h4x.

But this is straight up ridiculous. This house has got to go.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lovely....

Sadly we can't get that house that completely blocks the Trinsic bridge moved so I highly doubt they will do anything about this. Fortunately the SCT has time on it's side and will no doubt outlast that zoological nightmare...

E

Escobar_TDT

The least he could do is make it look like its part of the building, an extension so to speak. That way it doesn't look like it's out of place.

H

HillBilly

Funny thing is....houses like this are the ones you'll never see ANYONE at.

They need to change housing rules in general. If you dont play the game why should you own any kinda housing?

I dont care if you pay, if you cant even log in once a month, your house should fall.

Theres grandfathered accounts that own 3-4 houses and they havent played in 4-5 years.

G

GreyPawn

The "custodian" of the Serpents Cross Tavern should be able to contact a GM with a request for escalation to higher level CS. Either that, or have the issue taken up directly with the Community (Crissay) or Design (Draconi) points of contact. From what I remember of policies involving legacy blessed areas, it will be addressed as long as it gets to the right person.

This actually happened years back with the Lost Order of Akalabeth's village, when placement rules changes allowed someone to place completely over their blessed decorations, trees, hedges, lamposts and all. Any dev familiar with the historical value of these types of landmarks generally resolve these kinds of issues in short order.

D

Dragoonboy_2000

Really? You're mad about someone's house?

It's not even touching the other house. It doesn't seem to be blocking access to it. Can't really say it would bother me if my house was the tavern... just saying.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Well at least it matches the other house next to it. hehe But anyways I wanted to see your tavern so I ran all around and ran into some village south of the yew gate then tried north and dere you be. Very nice quiet little place.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Lovely....

Sadly we can't get that house that completely blocks the Trinsic bridge moved so I highly doubt they will do anything about this. Fortunately the SCT has time on it's side and will no doubt outlast that zoological nightmare...
That house blocking the bridge is just plain obnoxious. How are people supposed to get by if they can't teleport??? An old friend of mine came back to UO recently, and she wanted to go and see the spot that her house once stood on. Needless to, that house blocking the bridge would have been a big problem had she not been a mage as well.

Also...

How new is that house in the screen shot? We were at SCT a couple of weeks ago, and that wasn't there that I remember.

B

Barrakketh

So apparently there's this giant eyesore of a house One. Single. Tile. from the Serpent's Cross Tavern now.

I recognize that since most of the stuff in and around the SCT was GM-placed before lockdowns existed it frequently screws up the rules that govern what is and what isn't a legal house placement in the near vicinity, and thus this house was most likely made possible with no need for l33t h4x.

But this is straight up ridiculous. This house has got to go.

Darn if I had known a house would go there I would have placed there , but it would have been something that compliments sct , darn I'm just as upset about the house as not placing there myself.

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... well let me just say I am surprised.. I have played this game for many years.. and enjoyed but lately this game is bringing out the worst in people.. I bought that house from someone who placed it with no leet hax, at least I think so because I knew them.. I always loved the area and apologize for the eyesore.. and it was placed just maybe a month ago..

D

Devilicious

Its ashame that people have to find crap to get pissie with on this game. There is nothing wrong with that house. I am sure if you went to the person and talk to them they might have work with you. But looks like you just came here and started crap about it. To me it looks like a zoo and that would go with what you got there. If we all walked around picking out what houses look like crap we would not have any houses left on the game. Come on each is to their own taste in this game and on top of that...its Fel...no houses in fel should look all pretty.

FireKitten

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its ashame that people have to find crap to get pissie with on this game. There is nothing wrong with that house. I am sure if you went to the person and talk to them they might have work with you. But looks like you just came here and started crap about it. To me it looks like a zoo and that would go with what you got there. If we all walked around picking out what houses look like crap we would not have any houses left on the game. Come on each is to their own taste in this game and on top of that...its Fel...no houses in fel should look all pretty.
Actually I would have.. in fact i had spoken to the owner of the tavern the day not long after I bought the property.. and she has my icq..

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Wow... well let me just say I am surprised.. I have played this game for many years.. and enjoyed but lately this game is bringing out the worst in people.. I bought that house from someone who placed it with no leet hax, at least I think so because I knew them.. I always loved the area and apologize for the eyesore.. and it was placed just maybe a month ago..
I make no secret of it, I don't like many of the tilesets in custom housing, never have, never will.

But this is your plot, and you have just as much right to do with it as you see fit as anyone else in the game. If the devs or GMs had wanted that spot to remain house-free, they would have flagged it as such.

I hope my previous remarks did not come off as negative toward you FireKitten. If they did, I apologize.

But that house that blocks the bridge near Trinsic is something that should be dealt with by the in game staff. Period.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I make no secret of it, I don't like many of the tilesets in custom housing, never have, never will.

But this is your plot, and you have just as much right to do with it as you see fit as anyone else in the game. If the devs or GMs had wanted that spot to remain house-free, they would have flagged it as such.

I hope my previous remarks did not come off as negative toward you FireKitten. If they did, I apologize.

But that house that blocks the bridge near Trinsic is something that should be dealt with by the in game staff. Period.
quite true.

FireKitten

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No offense taken from you Morgana.. as i said. had i been approached in a kind manner I would have cooperated .... but i do not appreciate the manner it was introduced.

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right everyone, calm down.

Fire Kitten and I are friends and I OWN SCT. We have known each other for years. If you will let us talk and work things out instead of reaming her a new one, Cogniac, we can find a middle of the road. Come on, make nice guys! *pokes Cogniac and points towards Fire Kitten* She's a nice girl...make nice and say sorry. *grins* I love ya both and you know I look out for the History of this place.

Personally I have seen the inside and I love it. I happen to love the elven tiles, just look at my own house in malas. But next to SCT it is kind of overwelming. We are talking about changing it from elven marble to something more wood-like but I would not want her to change the design. It is decorated beautifully and it is a Zoo which would be appropriate for that area.

Give us a few days and we can work it out.

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SCT belongs to the Roleplay Community. I promised to keep it for the sake of the History of our community. I hold many other properties for that very reason.

Z

Zyon Rockler

My g/f Gianna in the game, has a similar problem. The people infront of her house have an 18 x 18, 3 story, with a wall ontop. This structure was newly placed, after the placement and design of her house. The problem here is that it blocks her house front completely.

'Cause of its' size it over-shadows her house and her house can only be seen when you step on the steps.

I think since these new customizable houses came out they should of changed the rules for placement. For example: 4 x 30 apart or whatever it would take to stop one house from over shadowing or covering another.

I think depending on the size of a house, there should be a space requirement. In my opinion they should just open up some huge land mass and put these new rules into affect to fix some of these issues.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A.)
I bought that house from someone who placed it with no leet hax, at least I think so because I knew them..
I never accused anyone of using hacks. In fact, I explicitly pointed out the fact that as far as I know, no hacks were necessary to place there.
...and thus this house was most likely made possible with no need for l33t h4x.
B.)
I never accused the houses of being ugly in and of themselves, despite the small argument over custom tilesets that somehow erupted in this thread. They're actually not bad as far as custom houses go. I called the east house an eyesore mostly due to its placement - the Guggenheim would be an eyesore if they decided to build it on your front lawn. The problems I had were a.) the fact that the east house was so close to the tavern and practically blocked the west end of the front lawn and b.) the fact that the houses were rather incongruous with the style of the tavern, which is the exact opposite of almost every house surrounding the tavern since 1998.

FireKitten

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So apparently there's this giant eyesore of a house [/IMG]
This was the statement that jumped out at me firsthand.. And since it being my design, yes I was offended.. but no worries.. I do understand how it feels to have your land infringed upon but did not feel it would be such a problem as it was in no way overshadowning anything.. it is off to the side.. I perhaps reacted a bit more because it was my welcome back after a houseful of company in real life and did not see the post until many others put their two cents in as well ie. zoological nightmare amongst others..

I have spoken to Molly and will probably change things a bit in the near future.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok well I guess since you picked my comment out of the crowd I'd better reply.

1. I am sorry you were hurt by my comment about your decorating abilities but did we know it was your house? No. So please don't take it as a personal attack towards you.

2. Your house looks illegally placed to me but perhaps they have changed the rules since I placed a house. There is certainly some exploit going on and a way to place right up against another object hence my referral to the illegally placed house blocking Trinsic Bridge. I paged on that house a very long time ago and so have a few others. Since nothing was done to fix that Trinsic house and very few have 8-9 hours to wait for a GM. I am certain no one will page on your house to check.

3. You can perhaps understand that Cogniac and I (and many others) remember the buildings as they were and are upset to see it slowly being lost. The Fogwood Library buildings were somewhere in the vicinity of your house placement and I am sad they are gone.

A lot of really fond memories are attached to that tavern and thankfully there are people like Molly & the RP Group that still have an appreciation for those places and are willing to preserve them even if EA will not.

4. I hope you can reach some agreement with Molly and decorate your building more to fit the grand old heritage building that the Serpent's Cross Tavern is and deserves.

Serpent's Cross Tavern

Andrasta
GRL

PS
If it's any consolation all I can come up with is Borg cubes :p

FireKitten

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No worries, Andrasta. I just wanted to make a point that no matter who it owned it myself or someone else, a "pic" with a caption.. Could owner please contact me..could have been better approach.. I had been warring with the design for a while and wasn't completely estactic about it. Alot of times I design.. go back.. tweak.. or completely break down and start over.. Hopefully the new design will be a happy meduim. :)

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All is well in Fogwood now ladies and gents. Thank you so much for helping out FireKitten!

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I PWN U ALL RAAHHHGHHGGHHGHHNNNNHNNN IRLKTHXLALAKEKE

I'm bored...

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Molly, would you name a price you think is fair? I'd like to use it as the new homebase for a roleplaying community. I'd probably be interested in placing an offer for that house next door too.

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can not pay for the blood, sweat, tears, laughter, sorrows, love and devotion that have gone into the past history of this property. It will stand as is until they turn off the servers of Atlantic.

I welcome anyone that would like to use this building for roleplay, it is opened to the public, but it will remain as is for as long as UO lives. That is my promise to the community and to Atlantic roleplay.

T

Tazar

You can not pay for the blood, sweat, tears, laughter, sorrows, love and devotion that have gone into the past history of this property. It will stand as is until they turn off the servers of Atlantic.

I welcome anyone that would like to use this building for roleplay, it is opened to the public, but it will remain as is for as long as UO lives. That is my promise to the community and to Atlantic roleplay.
:ten: