• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The Scaffold

P

PoCove

Does anyone know if the scaffold was duped? I would love to know something about it ? How much there worth? Where is it from ? etc...

Thanks in advance

F

Fraggles

im not sure i would say they where "very dupped" i sure have not seen very many of them and rarely see any for sale.
i paid i think it was 250m for mine

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think they are very cool and could use a couple :)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen more than 1 private collector's house with multiples in bags. Might be the kind of item you have to spam for.

D

DVI

you can buy them on a certain luna search website.

i think that should be enough proof that they have been duped.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you ask how many you can buy, they'll tell you, as many as you can afford.

F

Fraggles

Ok ok i stand corrected i guess they where highly duped!! i still love them !

S

Stewpid

2 story statues are also found on same site. And those still fetch a lot of gold, despite being highly duped as well.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. I wouldn't pay more than 150mill per scaffold based on the numbers I've seen.

D

DVI

I just checked the site that I mentioned previously, and while I wont go into details due to the ROC here, they are also selling Dragon Bone Earrings, although the color is not specified. That leads me to believe that at least one of the two shades should be considered suspect as well.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who don't know. You can basically assume 90% of all server births have been majorly duped.

T

Thinkalot

For those who don't know. You can basically assume 90% of all server births have been majorly duped.
Fortunately they still hold their values. I'm sure most people here would jump at the chance at getting a scaffold or 2 story statue for 150 million. They may be heavily duped, but the supply certainly is far less than the demand.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinkalot, I doubt you understand the economics work. The supply is vastly larger than the demand. It is just tightly controlled. Like diamonds. Diamonds are more common than cubic zirconium. They are more expensive because they're tightly controlled.

T

Thinkalot

Thinkalot, I doubt you understand the economics work. The supply is vastly larger than the demand. It is just tightly controlled. Like diamonds. Diamonds are more common than cubic zirconium. They are more expensive because they're tightly controlled.
LOL. You're comparing in game rares duping (which plenty of people did/do), to the stranglehold that a single cartel like De Beers has on the diamond industry? That's too funny. Oh, and diamonds are more expensive than cubic zirconia because they are rarer, not because they are more tightly controlled. Cubic zirconia is a fake diamond, and man made. Try again with the economics lesson.

D

DVI

Diamonds are actually not worth anything near what they sell for bc as was stated the quantity released for sale and available at any given time is very very tightly controlled which is also the case with duped items in recent times.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyones got a bag full of scafolds or 2 story statues on Europa....gimme a shout via pm...let the noose around the tightly controlled bag slip a little i say.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I would like 3 of the scaffolds for my castle. 20 mil each I know its high but we got to get this going somehow. It would be nice if they didn't decay so I could put them outside in the courtyard!! :)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL. You're comparing in game rares duping (which plenty of people did/do), to the stranglehold that a single cartel like De Beers has on the diamond industry? That's too funny. Oh, and diamonds are more expensive than cubic zirconia because they are rarer, not because they are more tightly controlled. Cubic zirconia is a fake diamond, and man made. Try again with the economics lesson.
Despite, your trolling in this post. Many dupers sold directly to brokers to push a lot of inventory. Many dupers were close friends working together when duping. It's in all of their best interests to keep prices artificially high, so they do. An enormous supply in the hands of a small group of people can be tightly controlled. I can't educate every UO player, but I can properly warn the community.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like 3 of the scaffolds for my castle. 20 mil each I know its high but we got to get this going somehow. It would be nice if they didn't decay so I could put them outside in the courtyard!! :)
That'd be awesome.

T

Thinkalot

If anyones got a bag full of scafolds or 2 story statues on Europa....gimme a shout via pm...let the noose around the tightly controlled bag slip a little i say.
How many pm's did ya get? I'd guess none. Either way, as to the original post, they were server births, which either duped to the hundreds or not, aren't available in sufficient numbers to satisfy the demand. Hence the high prices on them when sold by players. As to the value, I'm sure 150 million would be on the low end, but since they rarely get sold here, who knows. Two story statues get sold much more frequently, probably have the same duping history, and sell for well over 200 million each.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
How many pm's did ya get? I'd guess none. Either way, as to the original post, they were server births, which either duped to the hundreds or not, aren't available in sufficient numbers to satisfy the demand. Hence the high prices on them when sold by players. As to the value, I'm sure 150 million would be on the low end, but since they rarely get sold here, who knows. Two story statues get sold much more frequently, probably have the same duping history, and sell for well over 200 million each.
Me thinks that based on the History of posts by this name it is an old friend of ours.

Next. I would expect for you to show up under several aliases

Begone.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Oh yeah I am still looking for three at 20 mil per that don't decay!

For my Castle Court Yard they would be very cool!

T

Thinkalot

Me thinks that based on the History of posts by this name it is an old friend of ours.

Next. I would expect for you to show up under several aliases

Begone.
Sorry, no idea who you are, nor to whom you are referring. No aliases to show up, and sorry, not going to "Begone" lol. Just answering the original posters question. Not going to argue with people about the prices of diamonds, nor their lack of basic ecominics.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this post is healthy in that players new or old should understand about duped items as knowledge is power.

1. Dupers duped items when they were able to a few years ago.
2. There were only a few dupers that were good at it and consistent, there were also fly-by-night ones too.
3. They duped for years and horded them in large stockpiles in remote houses on various shards and chars etc..
4. They sold to brokerage sites in bulks because they didn't want to spend to time to sell them. They've made their profits long ago and nearly all of them have left the game.
5. While this is going on, EA was diligent on their end trying to find them and banning them as fast as they can including chain banding on all accounts. It was a constant struggle between the "good guys and bad guys" sort of speak.
6. Brokerage sites invested real dollars on these items so they have a base value. As the price of gold drops so they must adjust their price to make profit if not break even. One way by doing this is through control the cost and never overflood the market at anytime.
7. Another factor is some owners of these items will sell them for gold over time or as players obtain them via IDOCs (and some hits the mother load when they find duper IDOC houses) and thus additional competition against brokerage sites for selling them for cash.

So what does that all mean to you as collectors:
1. Has the duping been stopped? Yes for the most part. Majority of the ways have been analyzed and patches have been put in to stop it. This is why you don't see the brokerage sites selling new items.
2. Are there a lot of scaffolds out there? Yes
3. Are majority of them stored as stocks still? Yes by brokerage sites.
4. Will they ever overflood the market? No
5. Should you spend the gold for them with certain confidence that they will be safe over time? Only if you treat it as something you like as deco and not to expect a profit down the road if you decide to sell it.

And BTW, this basically also includes all the items on those brokerage sites, i.e. ari shroud, wind spirit, two story statue, scaffolding, LT sash, +20 Stealth Cloaks, Oak Shroud, Talkeesh Shroud, and the other event items or server births they are selling.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Excellent post!! Thank You for your Wisdom my Friend

P

PoCove

I do appreciate all of the info on this item ...Thanks to all that posted ,, I am glad I got it from a friend that is Leaving the shard and does not want to take it ..

D

DVI

Sorry, no idea who you are, nor to whom you are referring. No aliases to show up, and sorry, not going to "Begone" lol. Just answering the original posters question. Not going to argue with people about the prices of diamonds, nor their lack of basic ecominics.
Diamonds
World Diamond Resources
How many diamonds are there in the world? It is hard to quantify how many diamonds there are in the world today. For economic and security reasons, countries where diamonds are mined generally keep the information they have about their underground diamond resources closely guarded. Likewise, the release of diamonds for sale onto world markets is closely controlled. But if you have a look at Diamond Mining Production". world statistics from The Diamond Registry you will be able to find how many diamonds were produced during past years. For example, in 2002 a total of 130,000 diamonds were produced around the world.

Diamonds : World Diamond Resources

thats alot of diamonds...

: Diamond Registry, Loose Diamonds for Wholesale and Retail | Excepts from the Diamond Registry Bulletin World Diamond Mining Production

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there anything said about the recent possibility of some dupes? I know the forums were up in arms about it 3-4 months ago and sticky thread was made, basically saying that Mesanna was going to check into a few items that have mysteriously popped up at the Chesy fest and on atlantic vendors in odd numbers. Any word? looks like the post disapeared. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this post is healthy in that players new or old should understand about duped items as knowledge is power.

1. Dupers duped items when they were able to a few years ago.
2. There were only a few dupers that were good at it and consistent, there were also fly-by-night ones too.
3. They duped for years and horded them in large stockpiles in remote houses on various shards and chars etc..
4. They sold to brokerage sites in bulks because they didn't want to spend to time to sell them. They've made their profits long ago and nearly all of them have left the game.
5. While this is going on, EA was diligent on their end trying to find them and banning them as fast as they can including chain banding on all accounts. It was a constant struggle between the "good guys and bad guys" sort of speak.
6. Brokerage sites invested real dollars on these items so they have a base value. As the price of gold drops so they must adjust their price to make profit if not break even. One way by doing this is through control the cost and never overflood the market at anytime.
7. Another factor is some owners of these items will sell them for gold over time or as players obtain them via IDOCs (and some hits the mother load when they find duper IDOC houses) and thus additional competition against brokerage sites for selling them for cash.

So what does that all mean to you as collectors:
1. Has the duping been stopped? Yes for the most part. Majority of the ways have been analyzed and patches have been put in to stop it. This is why you don't see the brokerage sites selling new items.
2. Are there a lot of scaffolds out there? Yes
3. Are majority of them stored as stocks still? Yes by brokerage sites.
4. Will they ever overflood the market? No
5. Should you spend the gold for them with certain confidence that they will be safe over time? Only if you treat it as something you like as deco and not to expect a profit down the road if you decide to sell it.

And BTW, this basically also includes all the items on those brokerage sites, i.e. ari shroud, wind spirit, two story statue, scaffolding, LT sash, +20 Stealth Cloaks, Oak Shroud, Talkeesh Shroud, and the other event items or server births they are selling.
awesome insight.....no wonder i only got 1 pm wanting crazy gold still for either one ---nooooooway--...oh well....i basically only play europa due to real work/real family and real freinds etc etc but....... i have made timeto mark every single ''old bugged been on the shard forever house'' in a few runebooks....i keep my eye on these .....im guessing this sort of house we are referring too ...so fingers crossed i still may hit on a mother lode.!.!.!

N

Nightly Spirit

Diamonds
World Diamond Resources
How many diamonds are there in the world? It is hard to quantify how many diamonds there are in the world today. For economic and security reasons, countries where diamonds are mined generally keep the information they have about their underground diamond resources closely guarded. Likewise, the release of diamonds for sale onto world markets is closely controlled. But if you have a look at Diamond Mining Production". world statistics from The Diamond Registry you will be able to find how many diamonds were produced during past years. For example, in 2002 a total of 130,000 diamonds were produced around the world.

Diamonds : World Diamond Resources

thats alot of diamonds...

: Diamond Registry, Loose Diamonds for Wholesale and Retail | Excepts from the Diamond Registry Bulletin World Diamond Mining Production
Hopefully with this insite, we all now know about diamonds :)