• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Roof Encounter

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have tried this a few times and I have to say on a difficulty level 1-10 it's about a 13.
Has anyone finished this? Do you have to defeat 4 boss's then Minax or 1 Boss and Minax? Is it timed?
Any info on this final stage of the encounter? Testing this and understanding it would be good in case we run into some problems before patch day

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I finally bested the Roof Encounter
Kill all 4 Boss's and it's over, good luck LOL
@Kyronix the loot seems off for the boss's. Not one dropped anything until the final Boss and then he only dropped 10 items in which we shared. approx 2 items per person. Out of the 5 people who did this encounter we got 2 drops.
Was fun and frustrating!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am kinda glad to hear it's at least challenging.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix the loot seems off for the boss's. Not one dropped anything until the final Boss and then he only dropped 10 items in which we shared. approx 2 items per person. Out of the 5 people who did this encounter we got 2 drops.
Only the final boss drops any loot, this way you can't come in, kill one boss, exit the encounter, and repeat to farm up artifacts. As a result, the final boss has it's loot turned way up to compensate for the others not having any.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only the final boss drops any loot, this way you can't come in, kill one boss, exit the encounter, and repeat to farm up artifacts. As a result, the final boss has it's loot turned way up to compensate for the others not having any.
So it dropped 10 items and this is turned way up? Where is that considered way up????

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with 4 people partied it had 10 items+ gold

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each instance of the corpse had 10 items?
We had 10 items total, there was no instanced corpses, we shared 1 corpse. I thought under the new loot changes we each would have our own instanced corpse so we don't have to break party.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We spent about an hour just on this encounter (not including the 5 areas leading up to the roof.) Tough encounter, was fun though. My opinion, the toughness of this encounter is well-balanced with the quality of artifacts. New arties are sweet and not over-done - good job on those btw.

Only complaint, "Instanced Loot" did not work. 4 players stayed in party, all 4 players had the same 10 items on the corpse. Also, I thought the new system was going to work for everything, not just bosses? IMO should be at least 15 items per person.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to drop party before the boss dies or you share the loot. If your in party the boss drops a certain amount of items that are shared. If your out of party the boss drops the same amount of items for each person. We do this on peerless all the time otherwise you get less items and if a crimmy drops whoever loots it first gets it.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to drop party before the boss dies or you share the loot. If your in party the boss drops a certain amount of items that are shared. If your out of party the boss drops the same amount of items for each person. We do this on peerless all the time otherwise you get less items and if a crimmy drops whoever loots it first gets it.
The loot system is supposed to be different for expansion, that's why I was stating that it wasn't working.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The loot system is supposed to be different for expansion, that's why I was stating that it wasn't working.
Far as I have been able to tell there is no "bonus" for working as a group.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is the encounter instanced like Medussa or more like Exodus?
Any perspective on what template/tactics seemed more or less effective? (i.e. Does it auto-dispel? Vulnerable to bards? Corrupt life leech effect? That kind of stuff)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Far as I have been able to tell there is no "bonus" for working as a group.
Ya I don't know if there was supposed to be a "bonus." From what I heard, people were going to be able to stay in party and still get individual loot - like dropping party, without having to drop party.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ya I don't know if there was supposed to be a "bonus." From what I heard, people were going to be able to stay in party and still get individual loot - like dropping party, without having to drop party.
I recall something being said about groups but I don't remember what it was. But it seems to me that once again the benefit of being solo outweighs being in a party.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We found the issue that was causing issues with the finale boss loot. Thanks for testing this and bringing it to our attention.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did not find the roof difficult. It was more of a grind.

I soloed all of these it just took time

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix People get kicked out of the roof waaaay too fast. 90% of my party didn't have time to find the corpse Can we get that timer extended?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix People get kicked out of the roof waaaay too fast. 90% of my party didn't have time to find the corpse Can we get that timer extended?
It's a 3 minute timer...should be plenty of time...though it does get kind of buried under all that gold! lol

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We've bumped it up to 5 minutes, the message you get will still say 3, but it won't boot you for 5. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We've bumped it up to 5 minutes, the message you get will still say 3, but it won't boot you for 5. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
5 min..... is that time enough for the corpse to go public? Because I enjoy dumpster diving...

Also some of us don't read so fast when we are looking at loot.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
5 min..... is that time enough for the corpse to go public? Because I enjoy dumpster diving...

Also some of us don't read so fast when we are looking at loot.
The loot on the bosses is all junk, npc bought stuff...the only good things you get are the arties that drop in your pack and the gold that spawns.

drop rate is very low, don't know if it's on a point system like doom but so far the 2 times we've gone in 3 arties have dropped total....group of 4 got 2 and a group of 5 got 1.

Gonna go again later today..maybe twice..getting kinda pro at the encounters lol...lotta work for nothing but it's fun to do something different with my guild :)

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last boss had good stuff on it. One guy in our party snagged 4 or 5 legendary items before we got booted. I didn't find the body till about 15 secs before we got kicked because of all the gold and dead mobs on top of him. If this encounter is instances to your party then there is no reason they shouldn't give enough time to loot boss and gold . Even with 3 people it takes more than 5 min to send that much gold to the bank. If the drop rate of Artie's is that low then the loot should be your consolation prize for spending 3 or 4 hours doing this encounter.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The last boss had good stuff on it. One guy in our party snagged 4 or 5 legendary items before we got booted. I didn't find the body till about 15 secs before we got kicked because of all the gold and dead mobs on top of him. If this encounter is instances to your party then there is no reason they shouldn't give enough time to loot boss and gold . Even with 3 people it takes more than 5 min to send that much gold to the bank. If the drop rate of Artie's is that low then the loot should be your consolation prize for spending 3 or 4 hours doing this encounter.
That's what I'm talking about. I can take awhile to read through a legendary item with all that junk in a corpse it can take me longer than 5 min and that's when I actually OPEN the corpse and start looking... not in the time I'm looting gold and other things.... and if you break party near the end then there is the wait for it to go public. So more like 8 to 10 min is more appropriate. IMO.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd honestly like it to be 10 minutes but I thought that'd be asking for too much and I'd get nothing instead lol

If there are in deed 14 containers, then having 1 locked for 10 additional minutes does not seem a big deal to me.

Last boss spawns good loot, very happy with that quality.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Been done in Europa twice already, both times 2, drops in a party of 8. Few legendaries on corpse, We all agreed not enough time to loot body and cash.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it soloable all the way through? Final boss included

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seriously doubt this encounter is able to by done by 1 person. If it is, it would probably take over an hour to do. It seems like the less people you have in group the harder it is. Group of 3 is the toughest I've completed this encounter with. I'd imagine doing this encounter with new masteries would make it easier.

Also, I'm 0 for 5 for arty drops. We've been taking groups of 8 to 10, 2-3 drop per group. I am the one in my group with the most luck, so I don't understand this at all. Close to 3000 luck and I'm not getting any drops.

Last edited:

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um yea I saw someone post up there they soloed it all. I highly doubt that. Our group had all powerful and very experienced people in it and took us 2 hours and lots of deaths to complete. We had sampires that were dieing. So unless I see a video of someone soloing it. Don't believe it. The mini bosses make peerless look like mongbats.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After having done the full encounter a few times, I am of the opinion that it needs to be a higher drop rate. At roughly 2 hours per encounter, its not really like you can just chain dozens and dozens per day.

On another idea... do we have any feedback yet on if the order of the bosses (specifically the final boss) plays any role in which arties drop?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Malag and I just finished the roof with a friend... Three people there: Two tamers and a mystic mage. Only 1 person (a tamer) got a drop.

For the amount of time it took to kill ALL FOUR BOSSES ~2 hours, one drop simply isn't worth the time invested.

For the sheer amount of time spent doing 5 mini-game towers, plus 4 steroid-infused bosses, everyone should get a drop...even if its just the crappy earrings...or they've essentially wasted their time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Malag and I just finished the roof with a friend... Three people there: Two tamers and a mystic mage. Only 1 person (a tamer) got a drop.

For the amount of time it took to kill ALL FOUR BOSSES ~2 hours, one drop simply isn't worth the time invested.

For the sheer amount of time spent doing 5 mini-game towers, plus 4 steroid-infused bosses, everyone should get a drop...even if its just the crappy earrings...or they've essentially wasted their time.
My big beef is given the time invested vs gain in goods I can safely say that a VAST majority of people will do this once maybe twice... not get anything and NEVER bother with it again.